Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 133 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  32 mins ago
 matthey:  46 mins ago
 Torque:  50 mins ago
 zipper:  59 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 Seiya:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 16 mins ago
 bendito:  2 hrs 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Where is OS 4.2?? Why NO NEWS?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
realize 
Re: Where is OS 4.2?? Why NO NEWS?
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 10:54:10
#21 ]

@Deniil715

Quote:

I got a MacMini recently but I actually have to say that I kind of felt my XE/800 to be a bit more responsive than MOS on that 1.25GHz machine (or was it 1.5GHz?). Just go for it, OS4 that is

Comon man you are not being that realistic :( I personally built 3 a1 xe / 800 g4 amiga os4 boxes and my peg1 with morphos outperformed it at the time. Pegasos 2 is certainly way faster and macmini would just crush it! The mem speed alone and bus speed its obvious

Profile     Report this post  
Mikey_C 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 11:06:16
#22 ]
Elite Member

@realize

In that case its perfectly clear you just started this thread to Troll and create a flamewar. Can one of the Mods please edit the Subject thread to

"MOS Troll wants to Bait AmigaOS4 Owners?"

It will save a lot of grief

Thanks

realize 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 12:28:42
#23 ]

@Mikey_C

Well it actually looks to me like you are trolling, back to your old ways? How funny is hostility when asking for os4 news? Kind of embarassing if you ask me..

djrikki 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 12:37:46
#24 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Yes, but there is no need to create a new thread, just latch onto an existing one and ask your question,

kas1e 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 12:42:39
#25 ]
Elite Member

@realize

I think everyone understand your point already: you want (as some others) to see Hyperion a bit more customer-friendly, and you want all the news they will put on some kind of their blog (if its not so good for their main site). Yes, that will be nice, because read all those topics for found the piece of news its just time-consuming and not interesting (expectually when realize and others spam the site with tons of messages about dunno what). Maybe some kind of blog where they (hyperion, not just someone, somethere, on some forum, in some topic) will say cleary 1 times in month what happens in this time, what will be done, on which works if going on and so on.

But the problem that Hyperion do what they want to do (like we it , or not). I agree with you at point about back-user-connection, and about that all of this "news" looks a bit not like news, but like "hey man, someone say for me that something will be somethere someday" , and we all need use forceps, to get any info about aos4 , what in end a bit annoing, yes.

But that is reality of all that amiga-crap. Time, hobby-shmobby, little market, and all the stuff about which we all already know.

Just do not waste your time for spam, and for trying to say for ppls that "that and that" can be done better, we all know that. If you want to throw some crap on fan, you can use any other forum, why spam AW ? because there is no moderation ?

Mikey_C 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 12:49:14
#26 ]
Elite Member

@realize

I didn't start the thread, you did. You intentionally created the thread to bait people.

marko 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 13:51:04
#27 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

@realize

Quote:
ssolie wrote:

An update for all Amiga OS 4.1 users is being planned for early in the new year.
More details when they become available.

Ref:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=32821&forum=28&start=80&viewmode=flat&order=0#591086

m4rko.com/AMIGA

Hypex 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 15:04:59
#28 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

Quote:
You intentionally created the thread to bait people.

Ahh, a classic bait and switch, you think?

Deniil715 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 15:25:06
#29 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:
Comon man you are not being that realistic :( I personally built 3 a1 xe / 800 g4 amiga os4 boxes and my peg1 with morphos outperformed it at the time. Pegasos 2 is certainly way faster and macmini would just crush it! The mem speed alone and bus speed its obvious

On raw power etc. of course it's faster. It was just an impression I got. I just expected more snappiness from it since everyone says that MOS is so fast and the hardware is so much better (MacMini, Peg2) etc... Somehow it made me feel like I made the right choice anyway all those years ago, going Amiga(OS4)

zerohero 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 16:09:09
#30 ]
Team Member

@thread

WOW! Amigans.net closes and we're overrun by red trolls trying to label another user troll. You guys certainly are a nice bunch of people...

realize has every right to ask where AmigaOS 4.2 is, and why there are no news. While he can't demand an answer from anyone I'd agree with him that there's been very little real AmigaOS 4.x news. Certainly not much to play with anyway. There has been a lot of future promises though.

So calm down, take a deep breath, or a few hundred, before you post next time. Not everything is a war that must be won.

Mikey_C 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 16:11:14
#31 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

I think we know which way the wind lies here.

zerohero 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 16:16:46
#32 ]
Team Member

@Mikey_C

It's certainly never calm, anyway. All our users make sure of that.

Zylesea 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 16:30:00
#33 ]
Elite Member

@Deniil715

Quote:

I got a MacMini recently but I actually have to say that I kind of felt my XE/800 to be a bit more responsive than MOS on that 1.25GHz machine (or was it 1.5GHz?). Just go for it, OS4 that is

You'll probably be better off by disabling enhanced display on the 32MB VRAM maschine. On my 1.5 GHz/64MB VRAM maschine it very snappy even under heavy load. Even on Efika it feels quite fast w/ and w/o enhanced display. But on such a low end system it is better with a lighweight skin like Mahalxmi and not the big ones like Ferox. The Mac mini and Peg G3 feel fast with every skin though.

Kicko 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 16:39:35
#34 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Just sell your peg2 and your fine. You also make the buyer happy whatever he chooses to run on it.

Tomas 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 16:47:15
#35 ]
Elite Member

@realize
The thing is that you and others keep reposting the same questions over and over again when you know the answer will always be "when it is done"

Zylesea 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 16:48:36
#36 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:
@cha05e90

I'm thinking about it for Christmas :) But i'm tempted to go g4 1.5ghz mac mini with morphos/osx. I'd really miss the peg though, its quad boot. WIth OS4 it would be pentaboot? :P Is that right?

The thing is I want to be sure there is a future in it as $160 for os4 can go to a new mac mini.. but if there is life with os4, firefox port, ooo port etc I'd do it.

The silence has been deafening.

Get a Mac mini 1.5. The maschine is very lovely. FF IMHO not better than OWB - both have strenghtes and weaknesses.
OOo 4 kids will be nice but I strongly doubt it will come very soon - if you got a nice internet line, just use Zoho or google docs. IMHO a very nice solution especially when you use several computers (well, cloud computing*). google docs is a bit picky on document upload though, but with spoofing as FF 2.0 it always worked for me.
I don't see any benefit in OS4.x if you have MorphOS already except the possibility to play around with the OS or to test apps if you're a developer. This is more or less equally true for the case if you have OS4 alredy - there wouldn't be too much reason then for MorphOS then. Eventually the OSes are pretty similar and the available softwares, too. I think that MorphOS is leading though (OS itself, some key apps, supported hardware).

--
* MS actually having good campaign with nice word fun-games these days on the radio here. For example something with "Klaus-Cloud-Klaut-Claudia" - it'S fun if you hear those spots and understand German . Good job by their appointed agency.

Last edited by Zylesea on 09-Dec-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Tomas 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 16:51:59
#37 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@thread

WOW! Amigans.net closes and we're overrun by red trolls trying to label another user troll. You guys certainly are a nice bunch of people...

realize has every right to ask where AmigaOS 4.2 is, and why there are no news. While he can't demand an answer from anyone I'd agree with him that there's been very little real AmigaOS 4.x news. Certainly not much to play with anyway. There has been a lot of future promises though.

So calm down, take a deep breath, or a few hundred, before you post next time. Not everything is a war that must be won.

Sure he does, but he already made plenty of threads with near identical questions. Last one was only 1-2 months ago, so why not just update that thread instead of posting yet another one?
We already know that hyperion wont reveal much these days and that the it will always be "when it is done".

zerohero 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 16:57:22
#38 ]
Team Member

@Tomas

Plenty of threads? Where are the other ones? Did he break the TOS for starting this one? And why wouldn't I be attacked in the same way if I started the thread?

Regarding Hyperion not revealing much these days, they never did. From my point of view that's a mistake they've made throughout the years. I have no idea about there reasons though, so it's only my opinion...

Tomas 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 17:06:50
#39 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero
Okay i guess i jumped to conclusions a bit too quickly when i said loads of threads.. But i still think this thread is pointless considering he now got 2 threads including this one with very similar question:
"Where is OS 4.2?? Why NO NEWS?"
"Where is Hyperion? Why no OS4 news?????"
Either way i take back what i said in my first comment in this thread.
I never claimed he broke any TOS.. It just seemed to me like trolling at first sight.
Quote:
Regarding Hyperion not revealing much these days, they never did. From my point of view that's a mistake they've made throughout the years. I have no idea about there reasons though, so it's only my opinion...

I have mixed opinions about this. Hyperion used to be more open, but that led to people flaming them whenever they went even slightly past deadline and we had people actually suggesting that they dont announce anything or any dates before it is ready.

Either way they will get #### no matter what they do as you cant please everyone.

Last edited by Tomas on 09-Dec-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Mikey_C 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 17:17:25
#40 ]
Elite Member

@Tomas

Aye.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle