Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 48 guest(s) on-line.
 3 member(s) on-line.

Tuxedo,  outlawal2,  retrofaza

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 outlawal2:  53 secs ago
 retrofaza:  2 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  3 mins ago
 djnick:  23 mins ago
 agami:  32 mins ago
 amigang:  54 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 40 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  MUIOWB : Finally here!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
Fab 
Re: MUIOWB : Finally here!
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 10:34:49
#81 ]

@Deniil715

Currently (since 1.12 or so), the mmb scrolling works as you like. But some others also prefer to click once and then scroll. I guess it should be an option.

As for the complex font path (yr.no issue), the change is quite simple (but with the forementioned drawbacks, of course). Basically, it's just about calling simple font path methods when complex font paths ones are called... :)

@Futaura

Ok. And unfortunately, WebKit (and most other big engines, anyway) is a memory pig, and 256MB can be consumed very easily. There are some leaks in WebKit (latest safari can easily eat 10GB memspace after a week of use or so), and while it wouldn't be that hard for the authors to locate them if they used valgrind (though WebKit relies a lot on complex reference pointers, making it more tricky), it's really hard for me to find them. :)

About the IB look, since there were good ideas, I had no problem to steal some of them. :)
Of course i still have quite a few things to do like configurable & draggable toolbars, certificate management and many other small things. And by the way, in later versions, i've also added URL settings, working about the same way as they do in IB.

Profile     Report this post  
Futaura 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 11:05:05
#82 ]

@Fab

Apologies if I missed a configuration option somewhere or if it has already been implemented in a newer version, but presumably there is an IDCMP event handler somewhere in the MUIOWB code and adding back/forward mouse button support for OS4 is just a matter of checking the Code field of a IDCMP_MOUSEBUTTONS message.

Back button: (IECODE_4TH_BUTTON | IECODE_UP_PREFIX)
Forward button: (IECODE_5TH_BUTTON | IECODE_UP_PREFIX)

Probably you are already using a mechanism for checking the regular left/right mouse buttons where this could easily be slotted into.

MickJT 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 11:16:03
#83 ]
Cult Member

@Deniil715

Quote:
The click once and have it automatically scroll sucks.

I much prefer it that way. Then I can just set it to scroll really slowly and I can read a site from top to bottom without having to touch anything. I guess not many do that.

Why not do it the Firefox way? If you hold the middle mouse button in and scroll, then when you release the middle mouse button, it stops scrolling. If you simply press the middle mouse button, then it's click once and scroll, click again to stop.

Best of both worlds.

@Fab

Quote:
I guess it should be an option.

Or have it work both ways.

Last edited by MickJT on 02-Sep-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Deniil715 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 11:18:41
#84 ]
Elite Member

@Futaura

Quote:
Back button: (IECODE_4TH_BUTTON | IECODE_UP_PREFIX)
Forward button: (IECODE_5TH_BUTTON | IECODE_UP_PREFIX)

Should be simple, but they are called something different on MOS where NewMouse has become the standard AFAIK. MUI-OWB is compiled with a newmouse.h file so the compiler doesn't complain but it also doesn't work because the proper OS4 codes are different.

I also think they arrive in an extended mouse IDCMP message or something rather than as a rawkey.

Fab 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 11:19:06
#85 ]

@Futaura

Yes, it's no problem to add that. Though it wouldn't be handled exactly the same on MorphOS and OS4, but it wouldn't be the first time. ;)
MorphOS reuses AmigaOS keycodes for wheel & stuff, unlike OS4.

Last edited by Fab on 02-Sep-2011 at 02:45 PM.

cha05e90 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 11:54:52
#86 ]

@realize

Quote:
You guys really should send these guys a gift or something in light of all the money that went to that crap OWB version.

Please shut up and don't talk about things you don't know.

Last edited by cha05e90 on 02-Sep-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Tomppeli 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 12:05:00
#87 ]

@Deniil715 + Futaura + all

Quote:
Maybe you can set it up with F-key or AllKeys and have it send Back as arexx to MUI-OWB?
I use my back and forward mouse buttons for other things though.

Or use recently released HyperControl from os4depot.net. (And report to me if 4th and 5th mouse buttons work and especially if they do not.)

@Xenic
My experience is those lock ups happens when running out of video memory. I'm going to make a report on the official support forum today.

drHirudo 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 12:11:17
#88 ]

MUIOdyssey WB works very well on my microAmigaOne. And it supports Cyrillic characters, unlike Firefox. Nice replacement for my aging old install of OriginWB

I even created a video and have been trolled already:

MUIOWB on AmigaOS 4.1 Update 3 (YouTube)

VooDoo 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 12:25:28
#89 ]

small question

somtimes I have DSI error when try run bookmarks from icon ..after ignor DSI all is ok no crash!

Anyone have this problem?

And yeah.. MUI OWB is awesome very fast on my machin and not eating memory like OWB (reaction) Thanx guys for this great app.

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich :)

Croatian Amiga portal

1Mouse 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 13:07:38
#90 ]

@Fab

Just curious, could the Flash implementation on MorphOS OWB be used in OS4.1.3 OWB?

Sam460cr + OS4.1FE

broadblues 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 13:30:23
#91 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@thread

Just trying it out. Seems to work very well over all. I like the save as PDF option (although it would be nice if it could save in A4 shaped pages rather than browser window shaped pages..)

I've found a glitch in the network status window.

Very long urls such as those created by facebook.com etxend outisde of the list (even over the edge of the window border) and can't be scrolled side ways.

In terms ohf html / brosing functionaily I need the big one for me was facebook to work again (as it's been broken on Reaction OWB for me for a while) but disappointingly it behaves the same way, everything works till you submit something via ajax (comment, status, search etc) then facebook stops responding.

Great job though, well done to all involved.

BillE 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 13:35:34
#92 ]

@Chris_Y

Quote:
Praise indeed! My first thought after I tried it was "I wonder what BillE thinks?"

It is very impressive, especially for a first release though I guess a lot of the work in making it Amiga like was already done on Morphos, so it is perhaps not a 100% first attempt.

I like using an IB like Browser that displays web pages properly, far more comfortable that the Reaction based efforts so far - including yours - sorry.

I did wonder why no passwords or Remember Me buttons worked but read how to fix that earlier in this thread. That was my main concern but it seems just a setting with maybe the 'wrong' default value.

No one else seems to have mentioned but sometimes the navigation buttons do not respond to a click, even when not disabled. Using the RMB and context menu works in these cases so it is not a desperate problem.

The tabs appear as buttons which is not great deal but it would be nice if the currently selected tab/button was highlighted.

I have had a couple of DSIs but not as yet managed to reproduce the conditions so I'll not say anything until I know what the route to them is.

What would be nice is more drag and drop between GUI elements like with IB but that can come later. Also I miss being able to select text just by dragging the mouse over it without having to use CTRL C, but as OWB-MUI uses Listviews instead of Nlistviews which supports this attribute, it may not be that easy to do. Why use the old Listviews when NListviews are more featured ? Not a criticsm BTW just a question.

It would also be nice to have the MUI attribute to force single application mode, then if OWB is laready open any event asking for the browser would open a new window or tab in the already running app rather than run a new one which tends to open on WB rather than the OWB screen I use, also a new application needs the windows snapshotting all over again. This could even be an option, the YAM code shows how to do that.

[added later]

File requesters open on the Workbench screen rather than the screen OWB is running on.

* Solved the problem with tab buttons being the same colour - the Framed and Register backdrops need to be set differently to each other.

Last edited by BillE on 02-Sep-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Menthos 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 14:03:20
#93 ]

must have missed something but I can't figure it out.

MUI-OWB initialises the fonts every time I start the browser and it takes a lot of time. What can I have don wrong?

I have run the font-download script...

Fab 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 14:41:51
#94 ]

@Broadblues

I can't tell if OWB 1.9 has issues with current Facebook, but it didn't have back then (1 year ago). Anyway, current WebKit/Odyssey doesn't have this kind of problem, fortunately.

As for the network activity window, MUI4 lists normally have horizontal scrollbars, but they may not have been added yet in MUI for OS4.

@BillE

Quote:

It is very impressive, especially for a first release though I guess a lot of the work in making it Amiga like was already done on Morphos, so it is perhaps not a 100% first attempt.

Well, WebKit, the platform layers, the GUI and the additional features were developped for about 18 months when OWB 1.9 was released. So it's normal to get a bit more than a mere HTML viewer. And the port of course benefits from all this, it doesn't have to be done all over again.

Quote:

I did wonder why no passwords or Remember Me buttons worked but read how to fix that earlier in this thread. That was my main concern but it seems just a setting with maybe the 'wrong' default value.

The defaults are not wrong, but rather conservative. That's on purpose, for privacy matters.

Quote:

No one else seems to have mentioned but sometimes the navigation buttons do not respond to a click, even when not disabled. Using the RMB and context menu works in these cases so it is not a desperate problem.

Seems it's a MUI3.9 bug then.

Quote:

The tabs appear as buttons which is not great deal but it would be nice if the currently selected tab/button was highlighted.

The MUI4 tab class has such highlighting feature. But the tab class had to be replaced totally for the OS4 port by Deniil. Anyway, i'm sure it can easily be added there too.

Quote:

What would be nice is more drag and drop between GUI elements like with IB but that can come later. Also I miss being able to select text just by dragging the mouse over it without having to use CTRL C, but as OWB-MUI uses Listviews instead of Nlistviews which supports this attribute, it may not be that easy to do. Why use the old Listviews when NListviews are more featured ? Not a criticsm BTW just a question.

Many elements are draggable and/or droppable, actually (at least in the current MorphOS version). That includes URL string, tab buttons, quicklinks, search string, new tab button, add to favorite button, webview, bookmarks window/panel, bookmark entries, and in the webview itself, links, images, marked text, ... Most of them can be dragged/dropped.

As for using NList*, I'm totally against it, because MUI4 lists provide more and most importantly are far less bug-ridden than NList.

Quote:

It would also be nice to have the MUI attribute to force single application mode, then if OWB is laready open any event asking for the browser would open a new window or tab in the already running app rather than run a new one which tends to open on WB rather than the OWB screen I use, also a new application needs the windows snapshotting all over again. This could even be an option, the YAM code shows how to do that.

No. First, it's interesting to be able to run several OWB instances. And then, if you want to open a new URL, you just use OpenURL (or URLOpen on OS4), which won't start a new OWB instance but use the running OWB instance and tell the AREXX port to load the URL in a new tab (or not, depending on parameters).

Quote:

File requesters open on the Workbench screen rather than the screen OWB is running on.

Seems like a bug in MUI 3.9 ASL.

@Menthos

Make sure you have a valid system date (else it will always generate cache again if fonts date is more recent than the cache file), and that you don't use FFS with the 31 chars limit (fontconfig writes a cache file longer than that, which would be truncated on FFS without long filenames). I shortened that on MorphOS fontconfig, but maybe kas1e didn't for the OS4 port.

Last edited by Fab on 02-Sep-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Last edited by Fab on 02-Sep-2011 at 02:42 PM.

broadblues 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 14:56:01
#95 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Fab

Quote:
@Broadblues

I can't tell if OWB 1.9 has issues with current Facebook, but it didn't have back then (1 year ago). Anyway, current WebKit/Odyssey doesn't have this kind of problem, fortunately.

As for the network activity window, MUI4 lists normally have horizontal scrollbars, but they may not have been added yet in MUI for OS4.

My issues with facebook on Reaction OWB have been present for aprox since months, so if webkit for MUIOWB is older than that I suppose it's possible a bug in webkit is tripping over things, or it might be a bug in the http transport layer as it seems to depend on which cookies are set.

As to the network window issue, on my second run of the program the error disppeared, will keep my eyes open and see if it reoccurs.

A similar problem occurs in the cookies window, but in this case no overlap occurs but the scroll bars don't appear till I resize the window.

This might be a MUI 3.9 issue I suppose so I'll check later to see if it's in BZ and / or make a report

Last edited by broadblues on 02-Sep-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Menthos 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 15:21:58
#96 ]

@Fab

I moved MUI-OWB to another partition with anothe file system (had FFS on the old) and now it is working ok. Thanks!

Xenic 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 18:00:27
#97 ]

@realize
Quote:
It was a joke guys, relax. Dont you see the smilie?

In that case I apologize for the insult but you need to add a - in between : and ) to get a smillie image like this instead of a barely noticeable one like this :)

Kicko 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 18:12:28
#98 ]
Elite Member

@realize

i think you are filling amigaworld with a lot of crap

:)

Last edited by Kicko on 02-Sep-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Mrodfr 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 18:12:32
#99 ]

@all

You can add your Ibrowse links on MUI-OWB easily.

- Open the bookmarks.html file (MUI-OWB) with an editor.
- Open Ibrowse-hotlist.html with an editor.

- CUT all your Ibrowse links and paste inside bookmarks.html.

Of course, you must keep the start and the end of the bookmarks.html file.

Next reboot, you just rearrange your links and choose some of them as favorite buttons.

Maybe there are even more simplier...

NOTE: sub-sub Ibrowse groups aren't managed by MUI-OWB (maybe just the AOS4 version).

Last edited by Mrodfr on 02-Sep-2011 at 06:21 PM.

-A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+SCSI-KIT
-SAM440EP-667mhz-on MapowerKC3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disks Preservation Project

Xenic 
Posted on 2-Sep-2011 18:14:44
#100 ]

@Fab
Unfortunately, I can't use muiowb for more than a couple of minutes before I get a Grim Reaper. Sometimes it just happens while I am doing nothing in muiowb; it just crashes for no apparent reason. I got up this morning planning to put together a crash log and debug buffer dump to submit for analysis. However, I can't get a stack trace from the Grim Reaper or the debug buffer. My other MUI apps are working fine so I don't think it's an MUI issue. It really isn't going to help identify the problem if I can't get a stack trace to identify where the crash is occurring. Is muiowb compiled in a way that is preventing a stack trace?? If so, could someone provide a version that will produce a stack trace?
At this point I can't be positive if my problem is the recent Update3 installation or muiowb.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle