Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 109 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Hammer

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  2 mins ago
 Gunnar:  11 mins ago
 deadduckni:  16 mins ago
 matthey:  32 mins ago
 BigD:  50 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 Frank:  1 hr 14 mins ago
 danwood:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 graff:  2 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Site Announcements
      /  Some news on the site
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
BigBentheAussie 
Re: Some news on the site
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 18:12:45
#121 ]

@wawa

Logically, the best time for discussion is before we actually do anything with the Amiga brand. After that the wheels are set in motion and it may become more difficult. I wish you guys wouldn't be so short sighted though. You seem fixated on the present and aren't thinking about the future.

Profile     Report this post  
kas1e 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 18:15:57
#122 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

By "future" you mean x86 box with linuxes and amiga-related walpapers ?:)

tomazkid 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 18:34:27
#123 ]
Team Member

@BigBentheAussie

No, this is not an attack against CUSA, if it was, we would have banned all discussion about CUSA. Regarding polls, there has been a few.

I did also explain it here in post 43.

Polls:

Here is one
and
and here another.

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 18:40:17
#124 ]

@tomazkid

I only see one poll made in Feb....before we even launched C64x.
And multiple choice too, by the look of things (or how else do you explain more votes than voters).
And started from Vox, of all people.
You can't be serious.

Last edited by BigBentheAussie on 17-Dec-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Last edited by BigBentheAussie on 17-Dec-2011 at 06:41 PM.

zerohero 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 18:41:35
#125 ]
Team Member

@BigBentheAussie

These are my own thought that I've put forward in staff forums.

Quote:
Is this forum aligned with a commercial entity or has it suddenly become amigans.net?

No, we're aligned to ourselves, and I find it hard to believe you would get your own forum on Amigans.Net.

Quote:
It is your site to do with as you please, but as a regular, I am surprised this didn't even result in a poll. IIRC even A.org had a poll, and they are even more anti-CUSA.

It is our site to do what we want but we should check with you first?

Quote:
Is this an open forum, for all Amiga flavours, as it purports to be?

No, this is not an "open forum", but I don't think you'll find a forum that is more open than this one. If there is, could you point me to it so I could join?

Quote:
If this is the case, relegating CUSA to the boondocks/boonies, or rendering moot, any independent and open discussion between the AmigaNG community and Commodore USA regarding future collaboration, is a very short sighted move. I would say the majority of people don't go past the front page to look at threads which would leave many people out of the discussion.

It's not an optimal solution, but it is what we find best for the moment. It would seem though, that those who find Commodore USA interesting have found the new forums already as it has 4x the posts in the AROS and MorphOS categories combined. The collaboration so far have been hidden threats that we might lose the right to using the AmigaWorld name. Here's a link to Damocles claiming this.

Quote:
Is this site defining what an Amiga is? Where is that going to end do you think?
That's a slippery slope you're starting down.

No, we're only defining what this website defines as Amiga. Quite the difference, if you ask me, and a not so slippery slope either.

Quote:
I ask the moderators and the administrators to please reconsider and think of other solutions, as this does seem like an attack on CUSA by what I always took as an [edit:impartial] and independent forum.

As I said in another post somewhere, the benefit we've had from Commodore USA is non-existant. The only result I can see is fighting on the forums, from both sides. From that perspective I find our actions quite reasonable, to be honest. We're a tiny group of people running this website and as such I think we're doing a pretty good job. Considering the amount of complaints we have I sometimes wonder why we have so many visitors, but then again, there's no other forum that is as open as us (that I know of, anyway) so maybe it isn't so strange after all.

Prove yourself, and perhaps your forum will be on the frontpage too.

Regards,
Joachim Birging

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 18:46:05
#126 ]

@zerohero

Thanks for your reply.
Just want to clarify that Dammy is a supporter, not a representative of Commodore USA.
What he says is only his opinion on matters, not necessarily CUSA policy.
I still wish you would consider an optimal solution though.

Last edited by BigBentheAussie on 17-Dec-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Last edited by BigBentheAussie on 17-Dec-2011 at 06:50 PM.

tomazkid 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 18:54:22
#127 ]
Team Member

@BigBentheAussie

This one said 50% to place all CUSA into one single thread , like we have done with the XBOX/Wii/PS3.
Recall we had a poll regarding off frontpage as well, can't seem to find it atm though,so not certain about that.

As Zerohero wrote allready, this has been discussed thoroughly within the staff, so it is not an overnight decision.
Hopefully it will result in less flaming, and more actual talk within the subject.

Addon: found it:

here

Last edited by tomazkid on 17-Dec-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Last edited by tomazkid on 17-Dec-2011 at 06:55 PM.

vox 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 19:08:55
#128 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
And started from Vox, of all people. You can't be serious.

Don`t dismiss people.

In the beginning I was optimistic too CUSA could bring Amiga name to lamelight with helping AROS and showing complete history of Amiga, and itself as latest part of it. After all, Amiga Inc granted only few name licences in its history.

Bad PR over Amiga community has caused you so much trouble as well as too much big ego "We are the only Amiga" (that is what you did wrote). And such attitude of bashing fellow Amigans work has made much resistance including mine, and caused you to be censored from community websites (but only after you censored other opinions on your medias amd dismissed all Amiga flavors publicly).

If you did better to community support, would buy one of your computers as next PC
and would not be the only one. Just because of the look. But even there you dismissed cheaper A500 / A1200 x64 box.

Yes, you are limited by Amiga Inc licence, but that doesn`t stop you from helping any current Amiga project, magazine, website.

And in such small community aiding few nice bounties or helping something port to PPC either in manpower or some cash would be wise move. Not that you are charity, but I do remember a wave of optimism you have caused in AROS community for example where you Mr. Negro have promised to sponsor AROS port to your machines. Having such attitude of donating 1% of profit just for example would bring you even the die hard fans.

To community you have so far proven to care only about profit.
And have too much big promises. Step by step, as you take it.
That should change - and future is yours to make it.

Even x86 choice looks like a real future, you are competing on much higher ground with all other companies: as much as it is favour, it is a weakness too. Bad heating, bad looking website, beta OS is not something you should redo.

About the thread: even if I created the poll could not vote more then 1 time
and all options were open.

About Dammy: never seen you have corrected some of his (exec, digitex) comments with something official. Maybe there should be one CUSA spokesman to community, like HypperionMP not same bunch of die hard promoters threatening people and websites, leaving promo comments on every Amigans You Tube video.

Please prove to be decent people, show on your website and forum you know of other Amiga flavours etc. Not a hard work to do to improve and learn from mistakes.

As moderators summed it, prove yourself in the future.

For the time being AresOne is far nicer future of my PC, geared up with one of your videos - triple booting Linux, Windows and AROS and coming with AmigaForever.

Interesting last name for an Aussie man

Last edited by vox on 17-Dec-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Last edited by vox on 17-Dec-2011 at 07:10 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 19:19:42
#129 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

talking about "future" i am a little tired about it, but yet i have made a suggesttion about a product you are obviously able to produce and which might address amiga community, namely a keyboard and case design based on original commodore designs. i dont think an x86 with linux in a plain pc type box will cause here any exitement whatever the sticker says.
and what concerns the forum, where are the threads about fridges and washing machines? are we missing that a lot?

zerohero 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 20:05:47
#130 ]
Team Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:

Just want to clarify that Dammy is a supporter, not a representative of Commodore USA.

If I were you I'd work pretty hard to make that a lot clearer. Just saying.

Quote:
I still wish you would consider an optimal solution though.

Sadly with this CMS I don't think we will get more optimal, not unless people manage to behave all of a sudden

Regards,
Joachim Birging

Franko 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 20:43:31
#131 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

I have said here in various threads that I don't agree with CUSA being taken off the front page and defended what I see as censorship and unfairness being aimed at CUSA in regard to this...

I have said this DESPITE the following FACTS as quite simply I don't believe in censorship in any form no matter how "mild" some folk may claim it to be...

SOME FACTS ABOUT Commodore USA LLC...

CUSA on their FaceBook page deleted many people posts that even just asked them simple questions...

CUSA on their FaceBook page banned people from ever posting on them that asked them simple questions...

CUSA's CEO Barry Altman has made Racist remarks, Homophobic remarks, Insults about other peoples wife's & sexual lives, Told lies & generally been a complete and utter a-hole on these Amiga forums...

CUSA have used false picture and made false claims regarding them, has posted so called facts and figures and never backed them up when queried on them...

CUSA have used other peoples copyrighted artwork without permission to advertise their products...

CUSA do not allow people to even comment on their advertising videos they place on YouTube...

You yourself have on numerous occasion told people on these forums to "get used to it", "you'd better like it, "you have no choice" and other such remarks...

Now despite all of the above affecting me directly, then why do I still defend CUSA's freedom of speech and in return get a pathetic thread made by Barry Altman posting a PM I sent to him on another site ???

I defend everything from censorship whether I agree with what is being said or not and all this despite in the case of CUSA the above mentioned FACTS...

Perhaps instead of complaining here about what you see as censorship & unfair treatment, you at CUSA should reflect on your own imposing of censorship on others and stop doing it, then and only then can you complain about the unfair treatment you claim you get on other sites...

number6 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 21:02:12
#132 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:

Quote:

Perhaps you should read the following thread and rethink what you just said.

IContain Amiga product reviews

Why in the world would a "supporter" go get an answer from Barry and post it here?

Quote:
Barry confirmed iContain no longer has a license from Amiga Inc.

Would not giving an official company response to the question NOT be a job better suited to either your PR person, Barry himself, or you?

number6 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 21:41:12
#133 ]
Elite Member

@thread

In other news...it seems Amiga Inc. finally has created a decent looking home page: http://www.amiga.com/

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 21:48:22
#134 ]

@number6

Quote:
Why in the world would a "supporter" go get an answer from Barry and post it here?

Why shouldn't he ask Barry if he wants to? Any of you could have.
Barry is more approachable and down-to-earth than you think.
It's not like CUSA patrol the forums here or anything and we've got enough going on in our own little corner of the world.
If a supporter, or anyone for that matter, sees something that they feel is worth commenting on, and seeks more information from Barry, which he can provide, then why not.
But a yes or no answer with "Barry confirms...." is pretty much going to be Barry confirming.
Everything else should really be taken as insightful, but still opinion.

Last edited by BigBentheAussie on 17-Dec-2011 at 09:49 PM.

vox 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 22:01:52
#135 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

As US CEO (Europe: general manager) you need to provide official information, not to have what would be 3rd party leak, especially when there is no one from Amiga Inc or ICoin to comment it. If there is anything to be said publicly, its up to you.

Having someone misrepresenting company is worse choice.
Similarly, president of company shouldn`t be engaged in making insulting e-mails and public threats.

Even if it was furniture business, whatever, where did you people learn bossiness ethics? Learn from your mistakes and do show some intelligence.

Congrats to Amiga Inc on new web site, probably some one forgot to pay a bill.

Contrary to old Scots belief that everyone deserves democracy, to me, you deserve the same treatment as you did to the others, unless you change.

Last edited by vox on 17-Dec-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 22:08:48
#136 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:

BigBentheAussie wrote:
@number6

It's not like CUSA patrol the forums here or anything and we've got enough going on in our own little corner of the world.

CUSA & their minions do indeed patrol the forums here...

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=34735&forum=44&38#642081

Barry obviously doesn't have enough going on in his business when he spends all day popping in & out of here and never posting a dicky bird...

Last edited by Franko on 17-Dec-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 22:16:35
#137 ]
Elite Member

@vox

Quote:

vox wrote:

Contrary to old Scots belief that everyone deserves democracy, to me, you deserve the same treatment as you did to the others, unless you change.

You see that's the difference between someone like me & Barry Altman / CUSA. If I were to lower my standards to his then just like Barry has censored other people on various sites, I would be no better than him if I called for no censorship except for CUSA...

Something I will never do even though I don't believe one solitary word that say...

Moxee 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 22:20:52
#138 ]
Team Member

@number6

Quote:
In other news...it seems Amiga Inc. finally has created a decent looking home page: http://www.amiga.com/

Huh? This is Amiga, Inc. in new disguise? The many faces of Amiga, Inc.

Last edited by Moxee on 17-Dec-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Last edited by Moxee on 17-Dec-2011 at 10:25 PM.

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

pavlor 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 22:21:36
#139 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Quote:
In other news...it seems Amiga Inc. finally has created a decent looking home page

I don´t know if it is good or sad joke.
I remember days when I regulary visited that site. Now, it is gone. Hopefuly not forever.

djrikki 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 23:02:31
#140 ]
Elite Member

Hmm blah de blah de blah blah... censorship crap... o whatever.. you have your own forum. Its not censorship anyway the posts and threads are still there - aka just like google did by removing 'torrent' from the instant search mechanism - its not censorship - the information is still there for the 'those' that still wish to find it.

The only interesting thing on this entire page is the 'other news' posted by Number6...

Amiga Inc. website has disappeared ha go figure.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle