Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
6 crawler(s) on-line.
 86 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

amigakit

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  36 secs ago
 zipper:  11 mins ago
 matthey:  13 mins ago
 Maijestro:  32 mins ago
 Rassilon:  43 mins ago
 OlafS25:  47 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 14 mins ago
 ncafferkey:  1 hr 14 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
SpaceDruid 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 17-Sep-2012 23:05:07
#1061 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@BigD

Quote:

Cliff Richard is still held up as a Christian role model despite his un-Biblical views on Same-Sex marriage

"many of my friends are gay – let's face it, homosexuality has been legal for more than thirty years. For me, the commitment is what counts – and I'll leave the judging to God." Cliff Richard

It seems he knows a lot more about the religion you claim to follow than you do.

And the BBC does considerably more to pander to self important Christians like yourself than you are suggesting.

Radio 4 does Thought For The Day, which as the title suggests is a daily show. Then there is Daily Service (Christian worship with a Bible reading, prayer and music. - says the info on the BBC), which again is a daily show. Then of course there is Sunday Worship, which I don't need to explain how often that is on.

And that's not counting ministers have daily slots on Radio 2 shows, the number of general religious shows and what's the point in typing anymore, it will all go over your head anyway...

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 17-Sep-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Google Translate

Profile     Report this post  
BigD 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 17-Sep-2012 23:28:24
#1062 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Yeah great! The BBC, a liberally biased public service provider attempts to pander to religious sensibilities by allowing members of the established church to speak on religious talk show and allow them to have a short thought for the day! Big deal! If a Christian wants standard programming from a Christian perspective what options have they got? Premier Radio on Freeview or DAB? Cross Rhythms on the internet or on FM if your lucky enough to live near one of their regional transmitters? It's hardly a picture of media freedom in a Christian nation is it?

On the other hand liberal/LGBT bias is everywhere; from Nicky Campbell on Radio5Live to Philip & Holly on ITV1's This Morning. They haven't got an impartial bone in their bodies! They push a liberal elite mindset on the majority of the UK who simply don't share their views. I sometimes wonder why so many of us put up with the BBC's liberal dross and don't just refuse to pay license fees and just watch the iPlayer for the stuff we can't live without. 4ThoughtTV on Channel 4 give a more balanced perspective on issues of a religious nature than any BBC programme I could name! That goes the same for Channel 4's documentaries and they're supposed to be a left wing bias channel!

Seriously the 5th series of 'Primeval' was 10 times better than any of the last 3 episodes of Dr Who. In many respects its subject matter panders to the evolutionary theory to a greater extent than Doctor Who but doesn't shove a liberal/LGBT worldview at you at every opportunity like Steven Moffatt and co. are trying to do with the BBC's flagship family entertainment programme! The sooner the BBC is overhauled and turned back into a politically & socially neutral public service broadcaster the better. The way it's going it will be the state broadcaster of 'Thoughtspeak' before the century is through!

Last edited by BigD on 17-Sep-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 17-Sep-2012 at 11:30 PM.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 0:25:02
#1063 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@BigD

Wow, you've really got your hatred in a twist ain't yah?

The "liberally biased public service provider" devotes more time to one religion than the entirety of disabled TV programming and you say it's not enough? Don't you have fucking churches any more?

Why should the TV license paying public (only a minority of which go to these said churches) pay anything like the amount they do towards the promotion of Christianity? In my opinion they shouldn't.

The Christian churches collectively have far more spending money than the BBC, so why don't they have their own channels? Oh yeah, that's right they do that too.

Quote:

GOD TV, based in Sunderland (UK), is the longest established of the currently running TV channels on Sky in the UK, and the only one that is also on the major cable TV systems in the UK.

God's Learning Channel (GLC) broadcasts the same lineup simultaneously to the US and Europe via the Eutelsat W-2 Satellite for Direct-to-Home broadcast.

Inspiration, US Network. Programming from around the world. Preaching. Missionary bias.

Revelation TV, in London, produce a lot of live programmes from their studios.

Just exactly what is it that you want? Us all to be as brainwashed as you?

We had your religion taught to us as if it was the absolute truth and the only truth. We had 1500 years of stagnation, famine and death as a result. Since restrictions on how much we are subjected against our wills, you suddenly act as if you are the wronged party.

Your ideal of a "politically & socially neutral public service broadcaster" if absolutely was true would see far less Christianity on TV and Radio. We've already talked about how low the numbers of church going Christians are.

The facts are Christianity on TV as it stands is over representative of the people watching. The reason Song of Praise was forced to change it's format was because the viewing figures were so low, especially given it takes place at prime time. They were even lower than Countryfile which originally was for farmers and other rural businesses broadcast in the morning, on a Sunday. Traditionally the worst slot possible.

Because of the obligation the BBC has to cater to minorities, it keeps these shows going.

1000+ posts D, 1000+ post. Not once in all that time have you said anything of merit. We stopped taking your shit to heart a long time ago. You are just a running joke.

And it's no surprise your prejudices prevent you from enjoying Doctor Who. The point of the show always has been since it's conception, to open the mind of the viewer. It's reflected the changing mood of the nation and the Doctor has always treated bigotry as the horrid thing it is. The only agenda Doctor Who has is the equality of all life. That's why no matter how evil or twisted the enemy, he always gives them a chance to change.

Right now, I'm imagining an episode where he has given you the chance and like the unthinking Dalek that you are, you are beyond any hope of redemption. The episode ends where the room you are in fills up with your own bile and you drown in it.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 18-Sep-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 18-Sep-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Google Translate

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 1:52:15
#1064 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

As much as you may hate Doctor Who there are parallels between religious Christian stories and the Doctor. In fact, the vicars of the Church of England gathered together, watched Doctor Who, and discussed the religious themes of good, evil, forgiveness, and resurrection.

BigD 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 7:30:31
#1065 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
As much as you may hate Doctor Who there are parallels between religious Christian stories and the Doctor.

I do not hate Dr Who, I just think the character deserves better than to become just another tool of the BBC to peddle its biased liberal world view on the rest of the country and the world. They pay lip service to people of faith while playing politics with LGBT issues. THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE POLITICALLY NEUTRAL! Instead the only demographic they pander to with their programming is the 'liberal progressive' group that got us into this mess with redefining marriage!

At least this liberal commentator is honest; Dr Who & the Homosexuals of Doom
Quote:
There is an agenda at work in the new version of Doctor Who. It introduced a overtly bisexual space adventurer and started selling action figures of him. Its scripts are liberally peppered with references to minor characters’ gay marriages. It even made the idea of casual sex between John Barrowman and Russell Tovey into a punch line, for heaven’s sake. This, I reckon, is more than enough evidence of some form of deliberate agenda...

The new producer is Steven Moffat, the writer of Coupling and about as noisily heterosexual as Who menks come. All the same, though, that agenda isn’t going anywhere. Moffat’s the one who wrote the joke about the Master’s beard.

jkirk 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 11:53:02
#1066 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE POLITICALLY NEUTRAL!

you apparently have never watched the original doctor who.

the doctor
A) caused the big bang
B) destroyed a spacecraft in the past causing life to form
C) has been a major influence on all aspects of history

this was refered to in "the eleventh hour" of Matt Smith's doctor where he stated
"I have put a lot of work into it" (referring to earth)

doctor who is entertaining tv NOT politically neutral tv.
the shows are shaped by the theories/conspiracies/controversies when they were made. star trek is another example of this same show structure.

Now this is from a fellow christian.
The bible is a guide for the person reading it not a guide on how to modify the world around the reader. Change yourself accordingly and let the world take care of itself.
If an opportunity arises to share your belief then share it. We are not here to force our beliefs on others.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 13:34:21
#1067 ]

@BigD

Quote:

At least this liberal commentator is honest; Dr Who & the Homosexuals of Doom
Quote:
There is an agenda at work in the new version of Doctor Who. It introduced a overtly bisexual space adventurer and started selling action figures of him. Its scripts are liberally peppered with references to minor characters’ gay marriages. It even made the idea of casual sex between John Barrowman and Russell Tovey into a punch line, for heaven’s sake. This, I reckon, is more than enough evidence of some form of deliberate agenda...

The new producer is Steven Moffat, the writer of Coupling and about as noisily heterosexual as Who menks come. All the same, though, that agenda isn’t going anywhere. Moffat’s the one who wrote the joke about the Master’s beard.

Who is this Jonn Elledge and why does his personal opinion matter? Has this selective quoting of yours revealed some great conspiracy of the left wing (are these elite or not?) agenda monkeys?

It's odd that you didn't quote the point of his article? I'll do that for you shall I?

Quote:

And it’s brilliant.

Because the show isn’t promoting homosexuality, whatever that might mean. It’s normalizing it. Doctor Who is quietly teaching a generation of kids that there’s nothing weird about fancying, shagging or marrying someone who happens to have the same genitals as you. There’s nothing shameful about it. The universe is a big place. Takes all sorts, doesn’t it?

I’m not claiming that a kids show can stamp out homophobia. (I’m not sure anything can do that.) But it can implant the idea from an early age that being gay is okay. That all the best people are tolerant of diversity.

Being gay is okay... Not, You should be gay. Just, if you are gay, there is no need to feel so alone and isolated.

Gay people generally find out they are gay long before sex ever comes into it. They find themselves at odds with their friends when the first stages of puberty comes.

As a young boy, I knew I had some kind of attraction to girls. Prior to that, I would be disgusted with the idea of kissing one, but suddenly I'm treating them different. It will be some years before I ever get the notion of having a girl friend or even kissing, but the change inevitable came.

Gay people have these same processes, but it's with their own sex. Puberty was traumatic enough for me as a heterosexual, can you imagine how scary it is for a gay kid? Then self important arseholes like you come along and start shouting how terrible gay people are, how perverse. It's no wonder so many people stay in the closet.

What you are doing D, is picking on very vulnerable kids. Does that make you feel powerful? Is that where the "Big" part of your name comes in?

You come to this forum and start trying to throw your weight around like you are used to it. Did you learn that on the playground when you were bullying kids? Or were you one of these kids that was bullied? Were you that frightened kid scared to reveal his feelings in a world of religious people telling you how terrible you are? How perverse? Is that why you wear the mask?

Google Translate

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 14:26:00
#1068 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
There is an agenda at work in the new version of Doctor Who. It introduced a overtly bisexual space adventurer and started selling action figures of him.
OMFSM! Not the equality of making action figures of all Doctor Who characters.

Quote:
It even made the idea of casual sex between John Barrowman and Russell Tovey into a punch line, for heaven’s sake
Also a number of times the Doctor ends the conversation of Captain Jack trying to bed whomever he's trying to bed. Clearly the Doctor isn't fully comfortable with philandering. The Doctor took this rapscallion and turned him into someone with a goal and caring for humanity. But perhaps that's your problem here. Someone with multisexual tendencies is depicted as being able to care and protect the world. It appears to me you're too hung up on sexuality to conceive people are a lot more complex and can have to them than who they bed. This evil 'liberal' agenda is accepting people for who they are and what they do and not discarding them for who they bed.

Quote:
Moffat’s the one who wrote the joke about the Master’s beard.
Focusing on 1 joke as horrid in a multipart series about rooting out evil is well, missing the forest getting stuck on 1 tree.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 14:36:57
#1069 ]

@Thread

This is the "beard joke" for those that blinked and missed it. It was "Doctor Who - Children In Need Special: 'Time Crash' 2007"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0YdS4uGObQ

(If you don't get the joke, read the comments.)

And for those who want to watch the whole show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szuP0oBZX4g

Google Translate

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 16:25:48
#1070 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Doctor Who quote about a horse... "He's called Susan. And he wants you to respect his life choices.".. It's that evil liberal mindset where people (in this case organisms) gain the respect and right of self determination. To be free of judgement, assuming they're not harming others. And afterall the Bible tells us to not Judge our fellow man as that's God's domain. Jesus was a guy that promoted live and let live. He got mad twice once at the money changers and once at a fig tree. That's right God hates figs! Perhaps you mispelled a word in there?

Last edited by BrianK on 18-Sep-2012 at 04:26 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 17:39:17
#1071 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

I think he would justifiably get mad that a public service media organisation is forcing its liberal agenda world view on the rest of the UK when its remit is to be impartial and not a flag carrier for the 'Gay Rights Agenda'!

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 18:26:32
#1072 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
I think he would justifiably get mad that a public service media organisation is forcing its liberal agenda world view on the rest of the UK when its remit is to be impartial and not a flag carrier for the 'Gay Rights Agenda'!

That's assuming the 'Gay Rights' are unequal rights. To date I've yet to seen any of my gay friends demand something that I myself do not have.

Also the Jews were in control by the Romans. I find it interesting Jesus didn't say, Jews, you lost control to Rome you really need to revolt and take charge so the power of God can be the rules of a government. He actually said the opposite, don't worry about being enslaved your true treasure is in heaven. '

Also, look at the historic times Jesus would have lived in. The Romans had men that took effeminate roles. At the time these were called eunuchs. During that era what they called eunuch was slightly different than ours. Not only was eunuch a castered man. It also was a term used for men that perferred to sleep with other men. They often served to protect harems. What did Jesus say about these eunuchs? I posted the passages of the Gospel with Jesus' words here. Perhaps you can do us the favor and post what Jesus says in the Gospels.

Last edited by BrianK on 19-Sep-2012 at 12:58 AM.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 18:34:22
#1073 ]

@BigD

Quote:

I think he would justifiably get mad that a public service media organisation is forcing its liberal agenda world view on the rest of the UK

And that's different than children being forced to learn about Christianity in schools how exactly?

At least on TV you have the choice to change the channel.

Google Translate

Nimrod 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 19:24:45
#1074 ]

@BigD

Quote:
It's hardly a picture of media freedom in a Christian nation is it?
Are you implying that the christian radio broadcasters have to operate from secret locations, transmitting from the back of a van while watching out for the police? Your concept of "freedom" is limited to your own personal freedom to bully and intimidate anybody who does not kowtow to your oppressive and domineering regime. Your chosen minority have broadcasting opportunities far greater than other religious groups, so while they may be justified in thinking their freedom is curtailed, yours is not

Quote:
In many respects its subject matter panders to the evolutionary theory to a greater extent than Doctor Who
I assume by this statement that you disapprove of the concept of being able to time travel back more than 6000 years and not seeing the garden of eden. Once again you belie your claim to having recieved a scientific education by failing to understand the meaning of the term theory when used in a scientific context. Evolutionary processes have been recorded in action, and this information has already been linked to by others on this thread. Unlike the childrens stories in the beginning of your storybook, there is evidence, and internal consistency in evolution that is not matched in "Genesis". To demonstrate my point I will again ask "Where did Cain find a wife?"

Quote:
. THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE POLITICALLY NEUTRAL! Instead the only demographic they pander to with their programming is the 'liberal progressive' group that got us into this mess with redefining marriage!
As yet there is no political party standing for election on a platform of hate speech and homophobia, but feel free to form one and run for parliament. All political parties are largely supportive of this forthcoming change so if the BBC gave equal weight to the brain diseased venom of a slack handful of frothing lunatics they would be in breach of their requirement for neutrality. The demographic that the BBC bases the majority of their programming to is those who are closest to the peak of the demographic bell curve, not somebody whohas pushed the envelope so far that he has left the sorting office.
Two other points, first we are not in a mess, we got out of a mess when we stopped pandering to people whose justification for their actions has been that of Peter Sutcliffe. And second, STOP SHOUTING! We are not little children who will be shouted into submission.

Quote:
I honestly cannot see the character in this story being upset by bradcasters encouraging people to be tolerant of others. You however want the BBC to become the propoganda wing of your personal narrow view of your deitys message, and anybody who is not as limited as yourself is apparently "Not a real christian"

Although I am an atheist, I sometimes find myself hoping that I am wrong. Not because I think that I deserve salvation, but because I would dearly like to see you telling JC that he is not a real christian and then telling his other dad (not the carpenter) to get his butt out of your seat.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Sep-2012 21:13:09
#1075 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
@BigD Quote:
THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE POLITICALLY NEUTRAL! Instead the only demographic they pander to with their programming is the 'liberal progressive' roup that got us into this mess with redefining marriage!

As yet there is no political party standing for election on a platform of hate speech and homophobia, but feel free to form one and run for parliament

I think we can go back a few pages to the point I brought up. That is what is the central arguement. On one extreme is only straight people can get married. On the opposite extreme is the argument that only gay people can ge married. The instance that both gays and straights can get married is actually the central and the most neutral point of view. This favors neither gays above straights nor does it favor straights above gays. It treats both on an equal playing field.

Really what BigD is asking for is not the neutral stance. His stance is he believes the BBC should only support straight marriage. That is favorism for straights while denying the same rights for gays. That policy is unequal treatment based on sexual preference.

Last edited by BrianK on 19-Sep-2012 at 01:34 AM.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 19-Sep-2012 15:16:18
#1076 ]

@Thread

'Wife of Jesus' reference in Coptic 4th Century script

Link to video of the woman talking about the discovery

Quote:

An ancient scrap of papyrus makes explicit reference to Jesus having a wife, according to a renowned expert in Christian history.
Harvard divinity professor Karen King unveiled the 4th-Century Coptic script at a conference in Rome.
She said researchers had identified the words "Jesus said to them, 'my wife'", which might refer to Mary Magdalene.
Christian tradition holds that Jesus did not marry - but Ms King said in early years it was subject to debate.
The provocative find could spark debate over celibacy and the role of women within Christianity, she added.

I suggest everyone read the whole article. The quote doesn't do it justice.

Particularly, I'll quote the following

Quote:

""It is not evidence, for us, historically, that Jesus had a wife," she said.
"It's quite clear evidence, in fact, that some Christians, probably in the second half of the 2nd Century, thought that Jesus had a wife."

Jesus having a wife actually makes quite a lot of sense. For a 30 year old man not to be married at the time would have been a subject of note. It certainly would, you'd suspect, be mentioned specifically in the Bible. That previously there was no mention of his marital status anywhere would suggest he was married (if you watch the video, she addresses why it was added later).

Of course if true, this does throw a spanner in the works somewhat as to the trustability of the Christian churches (all of them) if they were not able to even to get this detail correct, or if they deliberately changed his married status.

I've brought this up before in a previous debate. Mary Magdalene's status was known to be changed by the Catholic Church in an attempt to denounce her by claiming she was a prostitute in an attempt to reinforce the separation of Jesus from all his followers and to add the concept of sin to his group. By Jesus having a human wife, does detract his divinity quite considerably.

Of course there is no evidence to support she was his wife, though no other woman with such an intimate relationship with Jesus has ever been mentioned so it's easy to draw the conclusion.

If nothing else BigD, this does demonstrate rather plainly that the Bible you are reading today is not a true and accurate copy of the Bible as it was originally written. And also shows the debate about marriage goes back even longer than this thread (if that is possible).

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 19-Sep-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 19-Sep-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 19-Sep-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Google Translate

BrianK 
Posted on 19-Sep-2012 16:19:48
#1077 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Religion is on both sides of the marriage question -- I thought you might like to read this. As this is local news in my neck of the woods. Certainly religious norms are being brought to bear on the question of same-sex marriage. Similar to equal rights for minorities and equal rights for women 'God' is being evoked on both side of the equal rights for gays question.

BigD 
Posted on 21-Sep-2012 0:07:29
#1078 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Blah, blah, blah.. so called Christians go against Biblical teachings and support gay marriage?!? The Americans in the article who want to destroy marriage obviously don't take their bible seriously! By all means give up on your faith like Jonathan Edwards ( the UK Triple Jumper) when it all becomes too much of a chore to actually READ the Bible. But to twist it and edit it, disregard the bits you don't like and still call yourself a Christian; that is scandalous.

Anyway, in more interesting news, have you seen this;

Nick Clegg says Sorry - Autotune Remix

Hilarious. It's just a shame he was apologising over tuition fees (any sane person in the UK with maybe the exception of doctors should be looking at apprenticeships if they actually want a job) and not his 'bigot' slur against people who support 'marriage'.

Quote:
A spokesman for Mr Clegg insisted: 'This was not something the Deputy Prime Minister has said. It's not something he was ever going to say because it's not something he believes. It was removed from the draft copy, that should never have been sent out, for that very reason.'

Read more:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2201746/Nick-Clegg-Fury-bigot-slur-gay-marriage-opponents-Church-leaders-attack-offensive-remark.html#ixzz273Oqz2fx

Do we believe him? No we don't. The Deputy Prime Minister is not capable of fulfilling his job description. He has nothing for disdain for people that support marriage and he obviously can't believe that anyone would have the audacity to challenge his deeply unpopular and divisive views on redefining marriage. He should be removed from office or ordered to sing his 'I'm Sorry' song in public!

Last edited by BigD on 21-Sep-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Last edited by BigD on 21-Sep-2012 at 12:08 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 21-Sep-2012 0:14:46
#1079 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

If you wrote "Space Druid is a god" on a piece of A4 paper and put it in a time-capsule, I doubt human's in 2,000 years time (assuming Jesus hasn't returned by then and brought all of history to a close) are going to take your claims that seriously!

Same goes!

Quote:
"A statement on a papyrus fragment isn't proof of anything. It's nothing more than a statement 'in thin air', without substantial context."

Jim West, a professor and Baptist pastor in Tennessee

Franko 
Posted on 21-Sep-2012 0:38:09
#1080 ]
Elite Member

@ All

In the beginning religion had this definition as it's origins...

Religion: A concept created by our ancestors in ancient & less enlightened times to try and explain and allay their fears and misunderstandings of a world and universe they could not understand nor comprehend... They created in their minds gawds and mythical beings to try and explain how the world, the universe and life itself worked, simply due to the fact that education & wisdom wasn't exactly something most had...

Now that was all fine and dandy a loooong time ago but in these days of enlightened times, better education & more understanding of our world, life, the universe and how it all works, religion can now only be defined as...

Religion: A mental illness that is all in the mind of the afflicted...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle