Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 143 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  6 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  25 mins ago
 klx300r:  34 mins ago
 Matt3k:  2 hrs 8 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 39 mins ago
 amigasociety:  4 hrs 1 min ago
 matthey:  4 hrs 47 mins ago
 RobertB:  5 hrs 4 mins ago
 Rob:  5 hrs 28 mins ago
 number6:  6 hrs 33 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  Cherry-Darling New Game Preview Video
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Anonymous 
Re: Cherry-Darling New Game Preview Video
Posted on 28-Dec-2014 16:27:25
# ]

@Daytona675x

Quote:
@Hans
Quote:

I'd be interested to hear his solution too

A magician doesn't reveal his tricks

While i go conform with your code being closed i would very much like it if you'd come to an agreement with Hans about the parts in the code he is wondering about...

Him being the graphics driver author and maintainer he might be able to use such code to make coding for the RadeonHD's easier for all coders and maybe even add some more raw power for all users?

Anyway, nice game

Report this post  
Daytona675x 
Posted on 31-Dec-2014 13:19:44
#22 ]

@eder
Quote:
can i buy it from amistore when available?

No, we will distribute it ourselfs.
Among others one reason is that we support all three NG-Amiga flavours and since AMIStore doesn't support MorphOS and AROS it's no option for us.

@Raziel
Quote:
While i go conform with your code being closed i would very much like it if you'd come to an agreement with Hans about the parts in the code he is wondering about...

No, we keep our secrets
But there's always the possibility to disassemble the app / analyze what's happening by attaching a driver that records function calls for example, if you really want to know what's happening

But I can give you a hint: it's not Warnock, of course.

Profile     Report this post  
Daytona675x 
Posted on 13-Jun-2015 13:49:33
#23 ]

@eder
Quote:
can i buy it from amistore when available?

Small correction: we don't distribute it ourselfs (yet). Please refer to the release news item, there's a list of the resellers on top.
Also note that it's a CD only release. There won't be a download version. It's just the current pile of CDs, so better don't wait, there won't be a second production run

@Raziel
@Hans
@BSzili
Another hint: it's not Warnock or whatever but a real (actually hardware accelerated) z-buffer hack.
Somebody on the web wrote an article about the game and added a screenshot where you can spot the technique pretty well actually

Overflow 
Posted on 13-Jun-2015 18:43:43
#24 ]

@Daytona675x

Going to get myself 2 copies for LAN fun

lionstorm 
Posted on 13-Jun-2015 21:55:52
#25 ]

@Daytona675x

We tried a LAN party with the demo version and several config : PowerBook under MOS, A1XEG4-SAM440-X1000 under AOS4.1 and it was fun but after some matches it became boring because we kept on turning and turning.

We all believed it would be more fun if the engine would actually do something (+/- throttle, engine that would stop when you climb for too long) and if the damaged would be showed on the plane of your pilot (as it was the case in Wings).

Anyway thats just my little feedback and I might buy it as I did for Battle Squadron (and even made a small donation for the great Voxelnoid).

Overflow 
Posted on 13-Jun-2015 22:01:35
#26 ]

@lionstorm

Yeah, both Voxelnoid and Bird are brilliant ^^

wawa 
Posted on 14-Jun-2015 0:15:31
#27 ]
Elite Member

@Daytona675x

just watched the video and while not belonging to any target group (only aros would come in question at this time, even if 68k one) i must say the achivements and general attitude definitely meets if not overcomes my expectations. personal choices may have been different, but the logic behind is not. all available thumbs up for the makers!

PR 
Posted on 14-Jun-2015 8:57:22
#28 ]

Graphics are nearly ok but the playability is more important. Can't see anything. Tune it up and we have a winner.

Edit: The music in the demo was so bad but this is a Heavy-Metal-Love&Hate comment;)

Last edited by PR on 14-Jun-2015 at 08:59 AM.

Overflow 
Posted on 14-Jun-2015 9:05:57
#29 ]

@PR

I love the music, but as you say, its a matter of taste.

What do you mean about "can't see anything"?

Reason why I ask is im sore Daytona loves feedback, but it should be a bit more detailed regarding what you think is a problem and suggestions to how it would look/feel better.

Just sayin

Daytona675x 
Posted on 14-Jun-2015 9:44:16
#30 ]

@all
Thanks for the flowers and the feedback
One general note regarding improvement ideas etc.:
please don't just post them here (or in other forums), please also mail them to info@cherry-darling.net !
We cannot constantly monitor all forums.

@lionstorm
@PR (probably)
I guess if it makes fun or not strongly depends on the participants and what tactic they choose. Of course it may happen that you all just fly circles. But that's because nobody choses to break it in favor of a better tactic.

We found turning the engine off if flying too high to be not that much fun and decided against it. You already get a fuel consumption penalty if flying high constantly (maybe I should increase that penalty a bit more).

I cannot hear that bullet-hole wish anymore - so I'll most likely add it

Actually a simple additional speed control is on the way already: a booster. It was requested by one demo-player and we decided to add it. Unfortunately it's not fully implemented yet (to be concrete: the CPU players still need to use it well ).
However: note that you can change the airplane's speed: if you climb you get slower, if you fly down you get faster (and safe fuel!).

We wanted to keep the controls and the gameplay super simple. And to keep it playable well with a USB Competition joystick. Yes, that stick features 4 fire buttons, so you could add full engine control, but it simply doesn't feel good.
Therefore we'll add that one single additional control "boost".

@PR
Quote:
The music in the demo was so bad but this is a Heavy-Metal-Love&Hate comment;)

Being a metal man myself I can truely understand that
To be honest: I really liked the chip music - but after listening to it for some months I cannot stand it anymore myself (I hope Triace doesn't read this )

@Overflow
Quote:
Reason why I ask is im sore Daytona loves feedback, but it should be a bit more detailed regarding what you think is a problem and suggestions to how it would look/feel better.

Yes And please: also mail us your ideas / criticism!

Last edited by Daytona675x on 14-Jun-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Overflow 
Posted on 15-Jun-2015 12:34:33
#31 ]

@Daytona675x

Oh I do intend to make comments when the game arrive.

Just judging by the youtube demo I do get the impression it could be a bit hard to orient yourself vs the target.
And the gameplay looks a bit simple, but I give it the benefit of the doubt since I simply love VoxelNoid and VoxelBird

Daytona675x 
Posted on 15-Jun-2015 12:41:59
#32 ]

@Overflow
Quote:
Oh I do intend to make comments when the game arrive.

It wasn't meant to be directed to you, it was a reminder to everybody to mail us their thoughts

Quote:
Just judging by the youtube demo I do get the impression it could be a bit hard to orient yourself vs the target.

There's a radar you can optionally activate, the switch is located inside the "Gameplay" options. That youtube video is horribly outdated. We'll have to do a fresh one.

Quote:
And the gameplay looks a bit simple

It is simple

Last edited by Daytona675x on 15-Jun-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle