Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
7 crawler(s) on-line.
 66 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Hammer

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  1 min ago
 VooDoo:  12 mins ago
 retrofaza:  45 mins ago
 Gunnar:  49 mins ago
 pavlor:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 clint:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 6 mins ago
 kolla:  3 hrs 8 mins ago
 Matt3k:  3 hrs 12 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga in the News -Popular Mechanics
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sundown 
Re: Amiga in the News -Popular Mechanics
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 0:06:28
#21 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

Quote:
amigadave wrote:

This may seem a bit harsh, since this is my first experience with MOS, but I don't see why this version of an Amiga compatible OS is so popular. Then again I know why I have always stuck with OS 4.x, because it is the Amiga OS, hands down.

If nothing else, MOS has made me appreciate my SAM 460ex with OS 4.1 a whole lot more.

Drewlio77

amigadave wrote:

This flamebait crap is so childish and unnecessary, it just shows how immature you are and also how uninformed, or that you are intentionally trying to stir up trouble, as well as being way off topic.

What Drewlio77 said about mos 3.8 has been said in private IRC by another 460 user. Seems the mods here have no issues with others trashing the os4 side, yet you throw a fit if someone trashes mos.

Profile     Report this post  
Rob 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 0:51:26
#22 ]
Elite Member

@Hillbillylitre

Quote:
Besides, its a little strange that someone brags about PPC AmigaOne OS4 can run Minecraft when even Raspberry Pi can do it, it even looks like RP has much higher framerate and image quality?

Where was the bragging?

Hillbillylitre 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 1:52:42
#23 ]

@Rob

Quote:

Rob wrote:
@Hillbillylitre

Quote:
Besides, its a little strange that someone brags about PPC AmigaOne OS4 can run Minecraft when even Raspberry Pi can do it, it even looks like RP has much higher framerate and image quality?

Where was the bragging?

Not sure... I cant see any reason for it anyway.

It may be my under-consciousness playing tricks on me when I approach this dirt bin of a web page. It may have something to do with dancing DOS4 bananas or MOS...

Using: One Commodore C64 - One Commodore Amiga 500 - One Commodore Amiga 1200 with BVision and Blizzard 68060 with PPC coprocessor running Amiga DOS - One Hellbillylitre Amigatwox86x64x6000x running Windows7

Tomas 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 2:05:32
#24 ]
Elite Member

@Hillbillylitre

Quote:
No Amiga uses PPC as primary CPU. As a coprocessor on an add-on card on the other hand, there may be some that uses.... It's you with your camps that is in a way rotten. I wonder when people will grow up and realize it was game over twenty years ago.

Thanks for proving my point... And just for your information i am actually biased towards the classic systems.

Drewlio77 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 2:27:14
#25 ]
Cult Member

@klx300r

Perhaps I should go to bed when I am too tired and not post things when I am not entirely "awake" :)

Drewlio77

Last edited by Drewlio77 on 02-Jun-2015 at 02:41 AM.
Last edited by Drewlio77 on 02-Jun-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Drewlio77 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 2:32:15
#26 ]
Cult Member

@amigadave

Quote:

amigadave wrote:
@Drewlio77

Quote:

Drewlio77 wrote:

This may seem a bit harsh, since this is my first experience with MOS, but I don't see why this version of an Amiga compatible OS is so popular. Then again I know why I have always stuck with OS 4.x, because it is the Amiga OS, hands down.

If nothing else, MOS has made me appreciate my SAM 460ex with OS 4.1 a whole lot more.

Drewlio77

This flamebait crap is so childish and unnecessary, it just shows how immature you are and also how uninformed, or that you are intentionally trying to stir up trouble, as well as being way off topic.

That surely was not my intent. My apologies for this ill-prepared post.

Drewlio77

Last edited by Drewlio77 on 02-Jun-2015 at 02:34 AM.
Last edited by Drewlio77 on 02-Jun-2015 at 02:33 AM.

scabit 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 2:37:22
#27 ]

@Drewlio77

wow....i am amazed that just because you had an issue with Morph OS and actually dared to mention it, people start attacking you as if you were some sort of evil person and say you are trying to flame bait. I've never ever seen you do that in any post you ever wrote.....but it is good that you're the bigger man for apologizing anyway!

Scott

Drewlio77 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 2:50:34
#28 ]
Cult Member

@scabit

Thanks. It wasn't easy, but I took one for the team :)

Drewlio77

Last edited by Drewlio77 on 02-Jun-2015 at 02:54 AM.
Last edited by Drewlio77 on 02-Jun-2015 at 02:53 AM.

CarasGhant 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 2:54:19
#29 ]

@Hillbillylitre

To be fair the Raspberry Pi has full OpenGL 2.0 hardware drivers. It also hase a very small view distance and a tiny world (I think 256 * 256 blocks). And even then its frame rate isn't great.

AmigaOS4 will be able to do a lot more as the driver situation continues to improve.

klx300r 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 3:12:08
#30 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

Drewlio77 wrote:
@klx300r

Perhaps I should go to bed when I am too tired and not post things when I am not entirely "awake" :)

Drewlio77

lol it's happened to us all my friend

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

Rob 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 3:22:16
#31 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

Quote:

Actually it is on topic because tommywright asked what recent news had he missed. Kicko mentioned that MorphOS was now available for Sam460 and Drewlio77 replied that so far he'd been dissapointed due to the lack of support in the currently available video drivers for the Sam. We'll come to that in a moment.

You say he is uninformed but he has at least taken the time to actually try MorphOS for himself, unlike a lot of people who critiscise a certain OS having probably never seen it let alone use. Funnily enough a common theme in recent years has been video driver support.

Back to the video drivers. The mature way to respond would be to point out that the RadeonHD drivers for MorphOS are a much more recent development than the OS4 drivers and therefore less mature, and the development team didn't have time before this release to include full support for RadeonHD cards.
It's also worth pointing out that X1000 series cards are better supported because it opens up more options to people running MorphOS on Mac hardware since they make up the majority of current users.

If Drewlio77 was slagging off MorphOS in every thread he could post in, fair enough but I don't think you should chastise him for a one off post based on actual first hand experience.

@Drewlio77

Give MorphOS another try at a later date when release the next update. The team are currently adding support for the X5000 and since that will most likely ship with R7 and R9 cards that release should have decent support for your 7750 if it's not already included before then.

Last edited by Rob on 02-Jun-2015 at 03:26 AM.

klx300r 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 3:22:17
#32 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

amigadave wrote:
@Drewlio77

Quote:

Drewlio77 wrote:

Drewlio77

woah Dave that's pretty harsh considering Drewlio77 has never once been involved in any blue vs red nonsense as far as I remember. heck he bought a copy of MOS and was commenting on his own 'real\ personal experience! I know if he had a positive experience he would have commented on it in just the same manner based on his previous posts.
I admit it's way off topic yes but I wish you were this direct to the many 'well known' trolls over at A.org when you were moderator there

Last edited by klx300r on 02-Jun-2015 at 03:25 AM.

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

Drewlio77 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 4:17:42
#33 ]
Cult Member

@Rob

Quote:

@Drewlio77

Give MorphOS another try at a later date when release the next update. The team are currently adding support for the X5000 and since that will most likely ship with R7 and R9 cards that release should have decent support for your 7750 if it's not already included before then.

Thanks Rob, I deffinitely will give MOS another try once my Radeon 7750 has good support (at least 2D acceleration).

Drewlio77

Last edited by Drewlio77 on 02-Jun-2015 at 04:24 AM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 10:16:01
#34 ]

@Thread @Drewlio77

Dunno why Amigans are so ineducate to continuously messy threads with things completely off topic.

We are talking of Amiga in the news of big magazine.

If you Drewlio found bugs in Morphos with your graphic card (which beta driver not even support 3D and it is darn slow), then open a new thread with this topic of yours, and do not disturb here anymore.

You were capable to rise a flamewar in a thread that interested me very much (i.e. how it is seen nowadays amiga by outside point of view)

Or make a better move and report your bad experience in morphzone site, so there will be some people from Morphos Team capable to fix your issues and make your morphos version capable to run flawlessly on SAM460 as it happens to all of us who use it with Pegasos or MacMini.

In little communities like AmigaOS and Morphos complaining is useless, and any bug report can help solving issues and make our operating system became more friendly usable when issues are found and fixed.

But please here stay in topic. (and I say this to both camps of flame comments on about OS issues)

Last edited by Raffaele on 02-Jun-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 02-Jun-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 02-Jun-2015 at 10:20 AM.

broadblues 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 12:07:30
#35 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Raffaele

Quote:

Dunno why Amigans are so ineducate to continuously messy threads with things completely off topic.

We are talking of Amiga in the news of big magazine.

Actully no, if you read the first post properly so you yourself are just as indeducated as the rest of us and pouring oil on the flames of a only marginally off topic post that Drewlio77 already apologised for 5 times.

Raffaele 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 14:54:44
#36 ]

@broadblues

Actually not what?

Article of Popular Mechanics title starts with phrase "Amiga is alive"... and only then continues with minecraft clone...

So what do you think we are talking about? Amiga in well known newspaper or pancakes?

And let me enlight you I am not versus off-topic boy.
I just wanted to advice him that there are better ways to express complains of malfunctioning OS.

And yes.

I am really pissed off of OFF TOPICS spreading all around this forum.
Once it was continuously monitored and moderated by admins, but now it is up to us common users to advice politely those who made mistakes, even if they apologized, in order to suggest common sense alternatives to sterile complaint ranting starting abruptly in a thread.

broadblues 
Posted on 2-Jun-2015 16:39:05
#37 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Raffaele

Quote:

Actually not what?

Article of Popular Mechanics title starts with phrase "Amiga is alive"... and only then continues with minecraft clone...

So what do you think we are talking about? Amiga in well known newspaper or pancakes?

Read the original post not the linked article, (which ofcourse is interesting to read as well) the gist of the original post was here a bit of newas about the amiga, what other news have I missed? To which kicko gave a list 'news' and drew responded to one of those items.

Quote:

but now it is up to us common users to advice politely

There is nothing polite about calling someone 'ineducated' which ultimatly is my point, your ranting about a minor infraction is the most offtopic thing in this thread, except probably this reply, so I'll move on now, whether you undertsnd my point or not.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle