Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 54 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  44 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  50 mins ago
 Lou:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 57 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 25 mins ago
 amigakit:  3 hrs 4 mins ago
 pixie:  3 hrs 8 mins ago
 Marcian:  3 hrs 11 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Classic Games on A1?
Register To Post

PosterThread
listat 
Classic Games on A1?
Posted on 18-Aug-2004 23:28:42
#1 ]

Does anyone know if there will be a way to run classic games software on the A1 apart from using UAE?

ISTR that the required hardware was originally going to be on the mb, then an announcement was made that it was going to be placed on pci, then finally, the whole idea was scrapped.

I would like to see a system with a similar stability to WHDload that allows us to run a classic game in a window without the slowness that is currently associated with UAE.

Profile     Report this post  
Toaks 
Re: Classic Games on A1?
Posted on 18-Aug-2004 23:39:04
#2 ]
Elite Member

@listat

you can allready use UAE executor , this is a small exe tool where u wont see uae at all,just click and click the file (in os4) ..

works decently enough.

anyway i have discussed it alot with several "whdload patchers" and well we might get lucky but only time will tell.

anyway as far as system friendly games go, well they work fine (most of em anyway) .. (for now)---

cheers

listat 
Posted on 18-Aug-2004 23:44:45
#3 ]

@Toaks

Quote:
anyway as far as system friendly games go, well they work fine (most of em anyway) .. (for now)---

Cheers for that, do you know if there is a list of os friendly games?

I will have a go with UAE executor. I am not using the miggy at the moment so i am assuming it is on the OS4 pre disk. Otherwise I'll search for it.

Holley 
Posted on 18-Aug-2004 23:46:14
#4 ]

Hope you're joking when you say UAE is slow! There are no classic games that have slowdown on a PC with more than 1GHz of processor under UAE ...

Not sure of OS4, but under MOS some people seem to have tweaked it so there's a thin line between UAE and the Workbench (Ambient) screen.

hotrod 
Posted on 18-Aug-2004 23:54:53
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Toaks

UAE working with WHDLoad would be great. Install all those games to the harddrive, launch them and UAE will kick in runing them like it would be on a real Amiga, only you will be able to run them on a modern monitor .

What I'd also like to see is the emulator choosing the "best mode" and allways switch to a screen suitable to the emulation. This would make it feal like a real Amiga.

Maybe the Picasso96-team could make a few screenmode allways available for the emulation or connect them somehow.

If this comes true I would be really pleased and very happy. Runing games fron Workbench with ease in any way possible (allmost, I don't count booting from an amiga-floppy from u-boot ) would make me very, very happy.

Sounds like you're on the way to make my dream come true .

Tomas 
Posted on 19-Aug-2004 2:04:10
#6 ]
Elite Member

@Holley
Quote:
Hope you're joking when you say UAE is slow! There are no classic games that have slowdown on a PC with more than 1GHz of processor under UAE ...

Maybe not slow as in low frame rate, but it still run noticable jerky, compared to a real amiga. but i guess we have the custom chipset to thank for the fluid gfx on the classic amiga..

I personally have a a500 for classic amiga gaming purposes, as uae takes away the main thing that made amiga games special for me.

I just watched some demos on my a500 today, and the smooth/fluid gfx still amazes me today!

drHirudo 
Posted on 19-Aug-2004 4:34:04
#7 ]

Toaks wrote:
Quote:

cheers

These will work as long as they don't have audio I guess. I code system friendly but it was reported that my games doesn't output audio on AOS 4 and the AHX replayer which I used crashes on MOS. Well there is mod replayer for AOS 4 and AHX replayer sourcecode for Windows (easy to port), but this will need revision of tons of sourcecodes (if all of them are available) and recompilations. I'd guess the UAE/WHDLoad combination is the better choise, as well as non system friendly games will work too.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle