Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 81 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  1 hr ago
 t0lkien:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 Hypex:  2 hrs 2 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 38 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 14 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 22 mins ago
 bhabbott:  4 hrs 21 mins ago
 tygre:  5 hrs 13 mins ago
 jacadcaps:  5 hrs 18 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5
Register To Post

PosterThread
Lou 
Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5
Posted on 14-Apr-2009 12:25:44
#1 ]
Elite Member

meanwhile, behind the fascade of this innocent looking thread...

This will be the #1 game in sales this year.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

PosterThread
QuBe 
Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5
Posted on 14-Apr-2009 12:59:24
#1 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Given the weaker mememory configuration of the PS3 over the 360, I totally expect FMV background streaming from BluRay over (this time) a true 3D foreground...

No Lou, I don't think that is correct. Briefly, look at the technicals... there is streaming going on, Guerrilla have admitted this, but the streaming is only done to load up chunks of data at a time for processing; that is for the single player campaign only...

...as you have noticed, there is almost no loading times between levels... only a momentary pause... hehe something even the Amiga did better LOL - wonderful DMA capabilities the Amiga had... indeed! But I don't think they are streaming the background, definitely not!

Now, consider the multiplayer component... once the level has loaded, it has loaded, some of the outdoor maps are huge... the one with wind and dust; can't remember its name now... and that chugs along nicely with all the effects and 32 players...

Consider MAG, this games has 256 players on screen at any one time, and the maps are much bigger than KZ2... maybe we are seeing awesome compression routines decompressing data on the fly using the SPU's... Sony must have some tricks up its sleeves...

GT5 Prologue is already at 1080p; natively as my monitor is absolutely crisp at this resolution... there is no fudging or blurriness you get at 720p when the pixel resolution is lower than the native resolution of your screen, especially my DELL 1900x1200 LCD computer monitor. I can tell immediately when the PS3 flicks between 1080p and 720p. My XMB is 1080p native as well, as this is the starting resolution... this doesn't change when I boot up Prologue.

I notice though that in Prologue anti-aliasing is non-existent... understandable because of the bandwidth and processing overheads at rendering the game engine at 1080p natively... but wait, final release may be different... as Polyphonic continue to optimise their master piece...

Q!

"i am home"

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5Lou14-Apr-2009 13:09:24
          Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5MikeB14-Apr-2009 13:31:52

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle