Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 57 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 t0lkien:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 Hypex:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 34 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 48 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 24 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 32 mins ago
 bhabbott:  4 hrs 31 mins ago
 tygre:  5 hrs 23 mins ago
 jacadcaps:  5 hrs 28 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5
Register To Post

PosterThread
fairlanefastback 
Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5
Posted on 23-May-2009 16:07:32
#1 ]
Team Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@fairlanefastback

IMO your advertisement comment demonstrates stupidity. Who would "market" the PS3 on an Amiga forum on a forum out of view of visitors (only viewable to those who look for it)?

Actually Yo made the initial comment now didn't she. I suppose then she is "stupid" to? (Which, can I then take it you are flaming two people, not just one?). Also you act as if you don't have a website designed to sell PS3 when you do:
http://www.funcomputing.nl/

Its not like we'd need a "MikeB loves PS3 banner".

You do spam this thread with "senseless, inane" messages, as well as direct misinformation, which given your claimed knowledge on this subject matter can, over time, be seen directly as messages to "provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy".

As a former mod here yourself the quoted lines should be very familiar to you, as they are from the TOS (plus the flaming bit of course).

Quote:
It also demonstrates double standards. There are several people here putting the 360 and Wii in a positive light, yet you make no similar comments with regard to those people.

None of them are going to the extremes you are Mike. Honestly, that movie studio thing took the cake. So much so that it got Yo's attention. You are obviously not interested in any kind of meaningful, open, honest conversation. I could care less which console you prefer. I own and enjoy all three and I own stock in your favorite firm even. If you were employing the same methods for the Wii or Xbox my opinion would be the same.

Quote:
I positive perspectives on the PS3 is because I love its architecture and see lots of long term potential.

Positive perspectives are one thing. Unceasing over-the-top marketing spin, bordering on lies is another. That shows a lack of respect for your fellow members and for the concept of fair and open conversation and debate.

Quote:
but I think the website has been a bit too overrun by extremism, negativity and I would have expected more efforts from the staff than we see today (interviews, show reports, reviews and such).

Ah yes, the trashing of Wegster off-board finally comes to roost back home on Amigaworld.net. If I remember correctly the accusation from you was that he did not do enough of the kind of things you did here and only posted, something you did not see as contribution. Actually the staff is hard at work on an interview with Elbox as we speak if you must know (based on a user request).

And on the subject of extremism, yes your over the top thing in this thread is bad.

On the subject of show reports I'd happily do one Mike. Unfortunately in the towering metropolis that is NYC the monthly Amiga club meeting only occurs once every 2 to 3 months at this point, and it consists of about 3 or 4 folks eating sandwiches at a local restaurant, where the guys trade stuff for free back and forth. The show schedule is kind of light where many of the staff live these days I'm afraid.

The staff here is volunteer (which you already know). And the staff is working towards improving the experience here. That said I'm not sure I'd agree with how bad you label things. Of course none of this has anything to do with your behavior here. In your typical fashion you are trying to divert the point at hand.

Now if you have *anything* to say further on these matters you will kindly take it to PM with a mod. Thank you.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 23-May-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 23-May-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 23-May-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Amiga 1200

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5MikeB23-May-2009 18:11:55
      Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5number626-May-2009 14:48:52

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle