Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 56 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Kronos

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Kronos:  3 mins ago
 matthey:  9 mins ago
 kamelito:  29 mins ago
 OlafS25:  30 mins ago
 pavlor:  35 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 t0lkien:  2 hrs 14 mins ago
 Hypex:  2 hrs 53 mins ago
 Hammer:  3 hrs 15 mins ago
 RobertB:  3 hrs 29 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5
Register To Post

PosterThread
MikeB 
Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5
Posted on 23-May-2009 18:11:55
#1 ]
Elite Member

You were asked to take it to PM and did not. Not good.

I'll let the rest of the staff decide what to do with you. In the meantime your login is restricted until they decide.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 23-May-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 23-May-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Last edited by MikeB on 23-May-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

PosterThread
number6 
Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5
Posted on 26-May-2009 14:48:52
#1 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
Ah yes, the trashing of Wegster off-board finally comes to roost back home on Amigaworld.net. If I remember correctly the accusation from you was that he did not do enough of the kind of things you did here and only posted, something you did not see as contribution. Actually the staff is hard at work on an interview with Elbox as we speak if you must know (based on a user request).

Sorry fairlanefastback, but I can't let this go as just a reference to something MikeB has posted, without defending my friend who was attacked.

From Vgchartz, as posted by MikeB:

Quote:
Wegster is a special case, he joined AmigaWold long after me but has nearly twice the post count (so he posted well more than me).I criticized him for doing so little for the website apart from just posting, which he could have done without joining the staff as well. For example in all the years since I left, he only posted 11 (and much less really Amiga related) news stories, while I posted 269 in a shorter time span. He added 0 community links, I added 112, he wrote 0 feature articles and I wrote many dozens (tutorials, show reports, interviews, reviews, etc).

Wegster doing "so little for the website" is absolutely and categorically the biggest load of cr## I have ever read. I won't even dignify this comment by posting my huge list of his accomplishments here. I should know, since I've worked with him for years. If Mike truly does not know what Wegster has been doing for all these years...then all I can say is that Mike is not tapped into the workings of the Amiga community in any way, shape, or form.

The difference is.....
Wegster goes about his business and doesn't always advertise what he's worked on.
Whereas, as all can see from MikeB's post...he's a walking advertisement for what he's contributed.
Don't take this as a slap against Mike's contributions. It's not. It's just a clear statement differentiating how some people toil in private without much fanfare vs others who feel the need to make each bit of their daily minutia known to the public at large.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle