Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 88 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  25 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  25 mins ago
 Karlos:  43 mins ago
 A1200:  47 mins ago
 amigakit:  56 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 1 min ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 1 min ago
 marmotta:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 Mobileconnect:  2 hrs 9 mins ago
 21stcentury:  2 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5
Register To Post

PosterThread
fairlanefastback 
Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5
Posted on 2-Sep-2009 19:28:10
#1 ]
Team Member

@MikeB

But is it not just as easy (and valid) to say in response:

Quote:
Remember that for years 360 fans have been shouting everywhere the issues had been resolved with every new 360 model released.

Remember that for years PS3 fans have been shouting everywhere that issues have been ongoing with every new 360 model released.

Quote:
So new buyers in the past may have been misinformed

So new buyers in the past may have been properly informed.

It works both ways Mike. And I doubt its very measurable to say which has been more impactful to sales.

Again, my personal experience has been zero issues with my Xbox 360 (circa the release of Mass Effect in the U.S.) and occasional freezing on my PS3, usually when left on overnight (obtained the following January approx).

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 02-Sep-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 02-Sep-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 02-Sep-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Amiga 1200

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5MikeB2-Sep-2009 19:58:18
          Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5ErikBauer2-Sep-2009 20:55:59
              Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5Lou2-Sep-2009 21:17:14
                  Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5ErikBauer2-Sep-2009 21:23:57
                      Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5Lou3-Sep-2009 11:48:26
          Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5fairlanefastback2-Sep-2009 21:57:27
              Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5MikeB2-Sep-2009 23:12:15
                  Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5fairlanefastback2-Sep-2009 23:36:27
                      Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5DiscreetFX2-Sep-2009 23:47:13
                      Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5MikeB3-Sep-2009 0:20:23
                          Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5fairlanefastback3-Sep-2009 7:27:15

PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5
Posted on 3-Sep-2009 0:44:53
#1 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
Basically you're giving half the answer yourself indirectly. The PS3 didn't see an official price cut since 2007 and the XBox 360 did.
What are you saying here? The 360 was more attractive so consumers purchased it more? And/or Sony failed to keep the PS3 in an attractive area for the market? Personally, I think a bit of both.

Quote:
e PS3 attach rate is currently about 7.9 per console, at the end of 2008 the 360 had an attach rate of 8.1. IMO nothing to overhype, considering the headstart (people owning their console for more months on average, thus increasing the amount of games bought per console).
More people owning their console for longer doesn't necessarily they buy more games. Well, that is of course unless they love the system. Someone mentioned here that the 360 might have some users buying a backup console. If so, the games are even more popular on a per console basis. Now that the PS3 is in a more reachable price I expect to see the 7.9 # decrease. We'll see.

Quote:
Hit hard with regard to reputation, but probably it sparked additional sales. Remember that for years 360 fans have been shouting everywhere the issues had been resolved with every new 360 model released.
PS3 fans at the same time were selling the 'unresolved' nature. In fact you still are. So how this played out we're not sure. Do you believe the 360 lost sales due to RROD? If so how many purchased the Wii vs PS3? In your posts I read the RROD as negative. Thus, the 360 lost sales. My bet is lost sales are hardcore gamers. As such I bet the PS3 gained more would be 360 users than the Wii did. Sony got lucky due to Microsoft's reliability worries.

Quote:
He got this idea from misinformation spread on the internet. 3 years warranty sounded good and thought he was thus covered for any hardware problem for 3 years. If you just read a random comment from a 360 fanboy regarding hardware issues it's not that unlikely you would think this would be the case.
Good the kid learned not to put his complete faith in online forums. Both sides post things that aren't true. Sometimes on purpose. Sometimes just in trying to understand what's truly happening. Now imagine the poor kid that had to pay $150 for Sony to fix his PS3. He probably wishes he bought a 360 w/ the warranty. Heck at one time he could have bought 2 360s at the price of a PS3 + repair.

@fairlanefastback

My 360 RRoD issue. Mine was a launch console impacted by RRoD nearly 2 years after purchase. I could use more HDD space so after I got my 360 back I put it up for sale. A friend actually bought it. He's had it 2+ years. I've had the Elite which replaced it 2+ years. So 1 out of 3 is my direct experience. This seems to be par for the course. The failures I know of from friends were all launch consoles. (Though not all launch consoles have failed.) In all cases the replaced has ticked along flawlessly since.

Oh and MikeB talks about the horrid DVD scratching issues. Not to say it doesn't exist but none of our games show this problem.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5DiscreetFX3-Sep-2009 1:02:39
          Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 5BrianK3-Sep-2009 12:44:57
              ReliabilityLou3-Sep-2009 12:58:23
                  Re: ReliabilityLou3-Sep-2009 16:06:21
                      Re: ReliabilityBrianK3-Sep-2009 17:57:37

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle