Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
7 crawler(s) on-line.
 95 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  11 mins ago
 Karlos:  33 mins ago
 Deaths_Head:  34 mins ago
 matthey:  49 mins ago
 billt:  50 mins ago
 Makedonk:  56 mins ago
 outlawal2:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 lionstorm:  1 hr 45 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 58 mins ago
 eliyahu:  2 hrs 5 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga Inc. Loses U.S. Trademarks
Register To Post

PosterThread
TRIPOS 
Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademark
Posted on 14-Jun-2017 7:51:58
#1 ]

@TRIPOS

Quote:

TRIPOS wrote:
@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@kamelit0

Hyperion's version has had all text references to it changed to "Amiga Workbench".

That probably won't be enough, they are obviously still making available to the public/customers a product using the registered "Workbench" trade mark (this picture proves it!):

(2017-06-06, 12.20. Source: http://hyperion-entertainment.biz/index.php/news/1-latest-news/175-bugfix-update-for-workbench-31-4043 )

Big Fail, Hyperion! Get ready for Strike Two!

A second strike regarding abuse and infringement of other entities' trademarks probably won't help their trademark robbing efforts, including their delayment/opposition of Cloanto's Amiga trademark registration...

(Whether or not this also is a case of copyright violation, in other words piracy, remains open. Maybe this will be (or is currently being?) tried by legal institutions as well?)

Well, well, it turns out that Hyperion has indeed continued to infringe the trademark by having Workbench available all along, not only by text in some web page, but as a downloadable product as well...

They didn't pull it at all...

Quote:

miggymac wrote:

there, since 2016, without interruption! I think you are doing something wrong, haven't registered your products in the download area, or haven't registered a account at Hyperion?

If you don't trust me, have a look here:

I'll repeat my stance that Hyperion is not in the clear, since they have been using the Workbench trademark continuously ever since their product launch in In October 2016.

I think it's clear that Ben Hermans tactics is to combat in the legal gray area for as long as possible, to let as much time pass as possible, so he can somewhere down the line claim that Hyperion has been using the Workbench mark for a product in an upcoming legal discussion/opposition about his rights to claim the Workbench trademark in a different jurisdiction. That was most certainly the whole purpose of releasing their "Workbench 3.1" product in the first place, to have it on public display so to be able to claim the Workbench mark at some point.

Hybrid warfare in the same way as when Russia invaded Crimea. Or when Hyperion robbed OS4 from Amiga Inc for that matter.

Filth all the way through.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademarkeder14-Jun-2017 8:46:06
      Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc TrademarkBigD14-Jun-2017 11:41:08
      Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademarkbroadblues14-Jun-2017 12:14:36

PosterThread
Rob 
Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademark
Posted on 6-Jun-2017 13:11:13
#1 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

Quote:
the owner of the Amiga IP, Cloanto,

When did the Amiga IP transfer from the Amiga Parties to Cloanto, where is the news? I wonder how much they paid.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle