Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
65 crawler(s) on-line.
 43 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

bhabbott

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 bhabbott:  1 min ago
 pixie:  16 mins ago
 Amiga_3k:  23 mins ago
 MagicSN:  24 mins ago
 Kronos:  30 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 Argo:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 adrianebrown:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 38 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 1 min ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  A-Eon Secret Files?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
eliyahu 
Re: A-Eon Secrete Files?
Posted on 10-Aug-2012 19:52:45
#61 ]

@OlafS25

Quote:
is it not much more seriously to announce something if you have it (or at least when it is almost finished). After announcing it (including dates) it makes not a good impression if you cannot deliver in time or even not at all. Better not promising something.

exactly. i would imagine that's one of the reasons they aren't talking. but around here, it's 'damned if you do, damned if you don't.' personally i prefer regular updates, but it's really up to them. so long as things progress, i'm happy. i enjoy my amiga NG machines as they are today.

no matter what they do, people will criticize. especially those who aren't actually interested in their product.

-- eliyahu

Profile     Report this post  
Hondo 
Posted on 10-Aug-2012 20:23:55
#62 ]

@jorkany

Hey jorkany why don't you take a chill pill and let the evolution of the legendary Amiga computer take it's course....AOS4 or MOS/AROS....who cares man ??

Do you care ??????

ddni 
Posted on 10-Aug-2012 20:34:24
#63 ]
Cult Member

@Hondo

LOL

I love Jorkany!

He is the epitomy of the lost soul searching for attention by being contrary to the company he keeps.
In his own environment he is alone and non descript, BUT by throwing stones into our little pond he has power and purpose.

Come on Jorkany impress us some more!

Rose 
Posted on 10-Aug-2012 20:53:21
#64 ]
Cult Member

@Hondo

Got OS4 system yet ?

amigadave 
Posted on 10-Aug-2012 20:58:38
#65 ]

@eliyahu

Quote:

eliyahu wrote:
@OlafS25

Quote:
is it not much more seriously to announce something if you have it (or at least when it is almost finished). After announcing it (including dates) it makes not a good impression if you cannot deliver in time or even not at all. Better not promising something.

exactly. i would imagine that's one of the reasons they aren't talking. but around here, it's 'damned if you do, damned if you don't.' personally i prefer regular updates, but it's really up to them. so long as things progress, i'm happy. i enjoy my amiga NG machines as they are today.

no matter what they do, people will criticize. especially those who aren't actually interested in their product.

-- eliyahu

I see this excuse far too often and don't think it is very accurate. Just because some of the people who comment (and criticize) the announcements, and/or products of any company, but don't buy any of them, it does not mean that they are not interested, or that they would never buy any of their products in the future.

I agree that jorkany's post and general behavior is usually that of the "Troll", and he has many Abuse Reports that have been filed against him and approved by staff (including one for the trolling post in this thread), which will eventually lead to him being restricted from posting on these forums for an appropriate amount of time, determined by the number and length of his previous posting restrictions and number of warnings. What I don't agree with is that none of these "Trolls", or other people that comment and criticize Hyperion, or OS4.x, are not interested in it now, or in the future.

I believe that if Hyperion did a better job at promoting OS4.x, and more importantly, a better job at managing their announcements of future plans and features, WITH realistic dates and timelines for accomplishing the completion of those new features, they would have far less detractors and trolls attacking them. I don't like the trolls and people who try to tear down what Hyperion is trying to do, but I have to admit that Hyperion has only themselves to blame for a large part of the criticism, because of the way they have managed (or mismanaged) their public image and the perception of their ability to accomplish their many announcements of features for the future of OS4.x with no roadmap of how, or when they are going to get there.

Don't get me wrong, I am pulling for them 100% and want them to succeed in every way and reach all of their goals. I invested over $3,000.00 in their goals and dreams and I am thinking every week about ways that I can help to promote AmigaOS4.x and trying to figure out how I can contribute to Hyperion's Development Team's successful completion of their goals.

I hope that Hyperion will improve their communication skills with their target audience and complete enough of their previously announced goals to shut up most of their detractors and naysayers, to actually turn some of them around to where they become customers, or at least supporters of Hyperion's Development Team and what they are trying to do.

I believe that even the worst of the trolls must be interested, or they would not bother, and if Hyperion can deliver on all, or most of their announcements, even some of the most vocal critics might switch from trolls to supportive customers. Not all, but some. If they are really people who loved the Amiga, and Hyperion can show them that what they are doing can be successful and will be good for the Amiga name (even though it is now AmigaOne and AmigaOS4.x), then how can these trolls still criticize Hyperion and their developers, and still call themselves fans of the Amiga?

Constructive criticism, when done properly and with respect, is a good thing and helps point out what needs to be improved, or changed. Trolling and mean spirited, or hateful tearing apart of the work good people are trying to accomplish is never a good thing, and will not be allowed here without consequences.

vox 
Posted on 10-Aug-2012 21:13:08
#66 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

Quote:

101% agree, but mind it is just for Amiga conference, and hope they will do all of that even if it takes OS 4.3 and OS 4.4.

In today world of propaganda and PR tell me one company that does it all.

And you know who do I take as champ of fake announcements - Amiga Inc. and its offshots.

vox 
Posted on 10-Aug-2012 21:14:36
#67 ]
Elite Member

@jorkany

Quote:
In addition to these I am also working on an OS4 compatible PPC netbook, and an emulator which magically emulates any processor and runs any OS. Since I realize anybody could just make sh*t like this up, my proof that I am 100% serious is: I will make a pre-announcement in two weeks!

I know this is bad joke, but we hold you liable to reverse engeener Apple Rosetta and make us x86 JIT We expect ANNOUNCEMENT!

wawa 
Posted on 10-Aug-2012 21:15:03
#68 ]
Elite Member

@jorkany

tsk.. tsk.. havent you forgot something?? like default theme with even more rounded corners, hint, hint.. the content disappears.. hint.. hi...

vox 
Posted on 10-Aug-2012 21:17:30
#69 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

Quote:
Constructive criticism, when done properly and with respect, is a good thing and helps point out what needs to be improved, or changed. Trolling and mean spirited, or hateful tearing apart of the work good people are trying to accomplish is never a good thing, and will not be allowed here without consequences.

Agreed. Let it accompany what each us can do.

- I will buy OS 4.2
- Will buy each and every piece of avail Amiga sw in next two years
- Will support bounties
- Will support Amiga community websites that are CUSA free by donating
- Will buy X1000 eta Jan 014 if avail, or any similar hw avail at time

That is true love style. Who can develop, may he develop.
Who can support, throw 2 cents there

terminills 
Posted on 10-Aug-2012 22:25:40
#70 ]
AROS Core Developer

@jorkany

when can we donate?

rofl

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

wawa 
Posted on 10-Aug-2012 23:00:17
#71 ]
Elite Member

@vox

Quote:

- I will buy OS 4.2
- Will buy each and every piece of avail Amiga sw in next two years
- Will support bounties
- Will support Amiga community websites that are CUSA free by donating
- Will buy X1000 eta Jan 014 if avail, or any similar hw avail at time

That is true love style. Who can develop, may he develop.
Who can support, throw 2 cents there

i`ll keep your word on that.

Last edited by _Steve_ on 11-Aug-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Hondo 
Posted on 11-Aug-2012 18:50:21
#72 ]

@Rose

Quote:
Got OS4 system yet ?

I would very much like to buy a AmigaOS 4.2 capable system next year. I always wanted to have an OS4 machine, but my economy has sucked for a whole freaking decade! (no actually it's been bad since Commodore went bust...dohh) - That's no excuse I know, because I could have put money aside each month....but hey I'm only human! (and the commodore bust shaked me badly)

Nevertheless I will hopefully JOIN THE PARTY next year...i hope - but if anyone have a spare system the want to donate, OR loan out, in the face of adversity, or if they want to leverage humanity to higher standards, I would be ever grateful, and will work hard to make it count for this community.

I would use it to make:

1. Translation work for programmers who would need their proggys translated to danish.

2. Write documentation in english. If some programmers with bad english skills need help writing stuff.

3. Beta test applications/games

4. Become an overall GREAT ASSET to the AmigaOS community (even though I already am)

5. I would love to help A-Eon or Hyperion

What about you Rose...are you planning to get an OS4 system ??

Last edited by Hondo on 12-Aug-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Last edited by Hondo on 11-Aug-2012 at 06:51 PM.

vox 
Posted on 11-Aug-2012 21:00:14
#73 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:
i`ll keep your word on that.

Each man is worth as his word (and deeds) are.
And it will take a lot of personal sacrafice to do so
in low standard country, much more then any of you
boys can do with ease. Think about that, when having
support from East Europe, Africa or Asia.

There are few Jedi mind tricks needed, like Paypal coming to Serbia or Amiga websites having normal credit card donation system, as well as trade barrier being down betwen Serbia and EU (Jan 2014) so I don`t need to pay more then needed.

ANd I will add that if I find cheap G4 or even G5 in Serbia (I encouter some from time to time, but they go EUR 100 and up for case and board, which is in my standard and opinion too much for end of hardware and software life cycle h/w). But I have patience. I will register MOS 3.x or if it goes ARM will buy ARM machine to use AROS and MOS there. So support is total Amigan.

And your develeoper / Amiga support plan, to hold your word on it?

vox 
Posted on 11-Aug-2012 21:01:42
#74 ]
Elite Member

@Hondo

Quote:
1. Translation work for programmers who would need their proggys translated to danish. 2. Write documentation in english. If some programmers with bad english skills need help writing stuff. 3. Beta test applications/games 4. Become an overall GREAT ASSET to the AmigaOS community (even though I already am) 5. I would love to help A-Eon or Hyperion

Thanks. Would love to reach beta tester level one day too and also can translate to local languages. And yes, hope my blog will outlive its now purpose, and become and Amigan asset (as it half is now).

Seiya 
Re: A-Eon Secret Files?
Posted on 12-Aug-2012 0:02:39
#75 ]

A-Eon is hardware company so, secrets files are hardware based products, i think.

KimmoK 
Posted on 12-Aug-2012 11:23:16
#76 ]
Elite Member

@Seiya

Radeon HD driver is SW.
And I think it's Trevor's blog, not just a-eon.

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

vox 
Posted on 12-Aug-2012 11:58:40
#77 ]
Elite Member

@Seiya

Quote:
A-Eon is hardware company so, secrets files are hardware based products, i think.

This "clear distiniction" will never be clear. There is no HW without SW, so its best to have soft3D division like Acube does, or to outsource work like seems that A-EON does. Nevermind, RadeonHD support is great news as it enable us to use hardware, just like XENA being acessable.

At this point of time we need software to catch up with hardware (both SAM 460 and X1000) before we could think of some more hardware.

This is also valid for not having office - its a major problem and needs to be worked on, while I don`t see much progress in any camp (beside great Cinamon and few small exceptions)

tommysammy 
Posted on 12-Aug-2012 12:39:36
#78 ]
Cult Member

@vox

Maybe Open Office is a secret project

wawa 
Posted on 12-Aug-2012 13:23:38
#79 ]
Elite Member

@Hondo

Quote:
but if anyone have a spare system the want to donate in the face of adversity, or if they want to leverage humanity to higher standards, I would be ever grateful, and will work hard to make it count for this community.

yeah! me too, me too!

i promise to:

1.sell it away as soon as i put my hands on it! i dont expect it to bring me much but every penny counts.

vox 
Posted on 12-Aug-2012 16:51:00
#80 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:
yeah! me too, me too! i promise to: 1.sell it away as soon as i put my hands on it! i dont expect it to bring me much but every penny counts.

Surely as we could get a Bounty if Hondo would be polite enough to explain what he will develop. Seems there is one loaner already avail at Amiga Bounty?

If Hondo can wait, I can give him basic 440 when I buy X1000 (dropped SAM 460 out of question).

And WaWa, please avoid OS4 themes if you can`t do better then C-USA trolls.

If you really want and are able and productive guy (I don`t know what have you done for MOS or AROS but must be something) you could also get a community system, or earn one of your own. Just no need for bad humor.

@tommysammy

Quote:
@vox Maybe Open Office is a secret project

That would be great, hope someone took where the poor Linux guy stopped.

Last edited by vox on 12-Aug-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle