Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 84 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 agami:  17 mins ago
 A1200:  42 mins ago
 HammerD:  57 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 slygon:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 Karlos:  3 hrs 23 mins ago
 MagicSN:  3 hrs 23 mins ago
 kolla:  4 hrs 14 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  5 hrs 1 min ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Forcing Your Religion Down the Throats of Others [ moderation free zone ]
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
Anonymous 
Re: Forcing Your Religion Down the Throats of Others [ moderation free zone ]
Posted on 26-May-2005 19:09:44
# ]

Quote:

DruidPoet wrote:
@Agafaster

Heh, I've got 119 hedgehogs painted on the side of my cab

I like trucking
I like trucking
I like trucking
and I like to truck

(NTNON = Not the Nine O'clock News)
The birthplace of Rowan Atkinson and many many many others.

Hi DruidPoet,

I've seen that, I thought it was hilarious! (And the rest of the show was really good too.)

They played that show here in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada for a short while. I think they showed about 20 episodes. I have no idea how many were made.

I can only remember this fake commercial for a video game where you would move around a crosshair, and try to shoot the queen's hat off. That was funny!

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 26-May-2005 19:15:57
# ]

I hope awaiting the return of Billsey doesn't turn into a cult following!!!!!

Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 26-May-2005 19:44:20
#343 ]
Elite Member

@DruidPoet

Quote:
Heh, I've got 119 hedgehogs painted on the side of my cab

Ack! Spiny Norman?!

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Re: Forcing Your Religion Down the Throats of Others
Posted on 26-May-2005 19:55:18
#344 ]
Elite Member

@A1200

Quote:
Any bible people still reading can you do some of that cool "quote for the situation" stuff? I love it...

Hope this works for you...

Malachi 2:2-3 -- I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart. Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

1 Corinthians 11:8-9 -- For the man is not of the women; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman: but the woman for the man

BrianK 
Posted on 26-May-2005 19:57:49
#345 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Quote:
Appaently, being in the devine presence of such an awe inspiring sight of an angel takes THREE times for a person to realize they better remember and do as they're told. I think that any normal person would have been so freaked out that the FIRST visit they'ed remember to their grave

Didn't the angels have to come multiple times to Joseph?

Zardoz 
Posted on 26-May-2005 19:58:15
#346 ]
Team Member

@BrianK

That last one by itself alone shows the phallocratic mentallity of all Judaism-derived religions...

Anonymous 
Posted on 26-May-2005 20:43:28
# ]

Moderated by Wiffy, reason: borderline comment being edited out to allow the thread to be returned to free-for-all.

Ooops.

Last edited by Wiffy on 30-May-2005 at 01:57 PM.

Report this post  
tomazkid 
Posted on 26-May-2005 22:21:06
#348 ]
Team Member

@Wiffy

Quote:
Moderated by Wiffy, reason: borderline comment being edited out to allow the thread to be returned to free-for-all.

Longest thread ever at aw.net?

Last edited by Wiffy on 30-May-2005 at 01:57 PM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 26-May-2005 23:06:46
# ]

Quote:
tomazkid wrote:
@Wiffy

Quote:
Moderated by Wiffy, reason: borderline comment being edited out to allow the thread to be returned to free-for-all..

Longest thread ever at aw.net?

Hi tomazkid,

Connect the dots, okay, a bit of a stretch.

It's quirky funny to me, anyway. (Canadians might get a chuckle.)

There was this show called SCTV* made in Canada from about 1977 to 1984. In the early years they had this guy character who was like Andy Rooney of 60 Minutes, who used to complain vociferously about everything. Well, this is a "no holds barred" combat zone, and to me it was funny that the character's name was Bill Needle, and Billsey started this thread. ?

* Second City TeleVision, a sketch comedy show like Saturday Night Live, but it didn't have a live studio audience. I loved it a lot.

Last edited by Wiffy on 30-May-2005 at 01:58 PM.

Report this post  
Kay 
Posted on 26-May-2005 23:17:21
#350 ]

@nadoom:
Quote:
where is that tro.. i mean billsey? he stirs it up then runs away!

Do you really think Billsey is the one to blame for the way this thread has turned out?

@all:
I don't think the majority of the Billsey-bashing on this thread is even remotely fair, not judging but what posts of his I've read. Sure he's a bit of a one-note horn, and he's very, very convinced that his is the One True Truth, but he's CERTAINLY not the only one here who's guilty of that. I dare say he's not even the worst.

As for his signature, "Without HIM you are nothing", do you guys really think it is all that offensive? If God doesn't excist, then it is obviously false. If he does, well, then he's there, so you are something. I just don't see the hugely offensive bit.

I think some of you guys need to calm down and maybe take a look at yourselves instead.

Kay

nadoom 
Posted on 26-May-2005 23:46:20
#351 ]

@Kay

i do think he is to blame.. and the fact that he hasnt come back is proof that all he wants to do is make people angry and insult them.

when i joined AW.net a few months ago i tackled him on some issue i cant remember what, and the next thing he started another thread accusing me of hacking his website.. the guy is off the wall IMHO.

DJRJ 
Posted on 26-May-2005 23:46:50
#352 ]
Cult Member

@thread

Frankly speaking, I'm staggered beyond all mortal comprehension that HHGtG hasn't been brought up nearly as much as it deserves, especially as it has the perfect quotation for this situation.

Quote:
"I refuse to prove I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing."
"Ahh, but the Babel Fish is a dead give away," says Man, "It proves you exist, therefore you don't."
"Oh dear, I hadn't thought of that." says God, who promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh that was easy." says Man, who then goes on to prove that black is white and is promptly killed on a zebra crossing.

Given the existance of this website, I'd say we're all in a lot of trouble...

Doug

Maybe add more for malfunctions and then we'll have music all day.

wegster 
Posted on 27-May-2005 0:06:35
#353 ]
Elite Member

@hooligan

Quote:
Darn. I thought this was some sort of adcampaign from a beerproducing-company named "Your Religion".. so there are no cold promofreebies served here after all?

Mmm, cold beer. Must have. Nice to see someone is keeping priorities straight!

Anonymous 
Posted on 27-May-2005 0:24:20
# ]

Hi nadoom,

Here's a feature of some religious people that I meet on the street that want to "save" me.

They'll sometimes give up trying to convince me that they know the truth after only 15 to 20 minutes. I think this is a new "cut and run" tactic.

They have to consider what's there to gain in getting this guy? if they can't catch/ensnare me quickly, they give up to move on to greener pastures, "there's always another fish in the sea". And, their mentors have instructed them that they couldn't make headway with the person in question because they've been seduced by "The Dark One". They're victims infected and controlled by "Evil Forces".

What's that say about their recruiting? They're predators.

Okay, now, people have said I have a religion all my own. When I fail to convince a religious person that science is the truth, and tells us about all there is, and they can't drop their ingrained beliefs, I DON'T chalk it up to inexplicable, intangible mysterious dark and twisted beings' control of them. I recognize that early childhood programming is extremely hard to overcome with straight forward rational thinking. And that's something that is real.

BTW, Billsey's cut and run with me too.

Report this post  
cecilia 
Posted on 27-May-2005 0:27:57
#355 ]
Cult Member

@nadoom

Quote:

nadoom wrote:
@Kay

i do think he is to blame.. and the fact that he hasnt come back is proof that all he wants to do is make people angry and insult them.

when i joined AW.net a few months ago i tackled him on some issue i cant remember what, and the next thing he started another thread accusing me of hacking his website.. the guy is off the wall IMHO.
you aren't the only one who has noticed his unrelenting paranoia.

and for those that are unfamiliar with his history, billsey was the same boring "one note" on amiga org.

and i don't "blame" him for how this thread turned out. he has no control over how people think or feel.
I do think he is to blame for his paranoia, boring topics and general neurotic deportment.

but, as i said before, so what. the world is full of crasy people.

oh, amd more importantly, i LOVE Second City TV !!
It was one of the funniest shows on TV and many alumni have gone on to have great careers.

Atheist: you are right about the way *they* try to recruit. Everytime one of them (of various cults) has tried to tangle with me I end up giving them such a headache their heads spin right off their necks.

in person (and when i was young) I happilly told these people exactly why their religious views was wacked and why forcing them on me was dumb. and i did this without yelling, cursing, insulting. (in case anyone gets the wrong idea)

remember, with 16 years of catholic education, i actually read the freakin' bible. i just know it's all bull.
it's one of the reasons i don't care for this discussion.
been there, done that. bored to death of the subject.

Last edited by cecilia on 27-May-2005 at 12:38 AM.
Last edited by cecilia on 27-May-2005 at 12:37 AM.
Last edited by cecilia on 27-May-2005 at 12:31 AM.

A1200 
Posted on 27-May-2005 1:05:36
#356 ]
Elite Member

Perhaps Bilsey is a witch. Only one way to know for sure, stick his head in the lake. If he dosn't drown, he's a witch, burn him BURN THE WITCH! If he drowns then he wasn't a witch but we had to be sure.....

jkirk 
Posted on 27-May-2005 1:55:57
#357 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Quote:
It's weird that the Jehovah's Witnesses are so shunned, and yet they virtually have the same bible??

not quite the same bible interpretation. they believe jesus was a common man. no prophet, no teacher, no son of god. but that changed when they got sued and the leader admitted that he changed bits of their bible to suit his views.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

jkirk 
Posted on 27-May-2005 2:16:20
#358 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Quote:
They have to consider what's there to gain in getting this guy? if they can't catch/ensnare me quickly, they give up to move on to greener pastures, "there's always another fish in the sea". And, their mentors have instructed them that they couldn't make headway with the person in question because they've been seduced by "The Dark One". They're victims infected and controlled by "Evil Forces".

most of these people whom you refer is still greenhorns so to say. they rely on script and not knowledgeable in the bible to make an effective arguement. after you talk them down they probably don't even know where to go next so they drop it. besides this is not the purpose of the leaflets and all. the reason they exist is to expose a person to the bible and what is in it. to plant a seed as the saying goes the rest is left to the recipient nothing more.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Maczilla 
Posted on 27-May-2005 3:29:12
#359 ]

@DJRJ
Somewhat OT
I was staggered and rather dumbfounded that this wonderfully
inventive bit of DNA's was excised from the HHGG movie!! I'm
guessing the filmakers wished to tone it down a bit to avoid
offending all the bible thumping types here in the US.

If self censorship was involved, I think that Hammer & Tongs
should be subjected to a 42 day reading of Vogon poerty , followed
up by having rabid hedgehogs inserted down their shorts, and if
that didn't smart enough, fed to the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of
Traal (upon excretion, they could then be buried in soft peat -
though not necessarily in that order).

Last edited by Maczilla on 27-May-2005 at 07:11 AM.
Last edited by Maczilla on 27-May-2005 at 07:08 AM.
Last edited by Maczilla on 27-May-2005 at 06:33 AM.

cell 
Posted on 27-May-2005 5:03:58
#360 ]

are we going to stop when this reaches 20 pages? Maybe we can set a record for longest ever thread on aw.net.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle