Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 95 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Birbo:  5 mins ago
 Karlos:  24 mins ago
 Frank:  30 mins ago
 broadblues:  31 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 45 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 VooDoo:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 kriz:  2 hrs 33 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /   PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 6
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 6
Posted on 9-Jan-2010 20:27:37
#61 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Having a Tegra 1device I'm eagarly awaiting the Tegra 2 and again if it's in a DS we're in.

Did you see Netflix streaming is coming for the Wii?

Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Posted on 13-Jan-2010 15:54:30
#62 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

http://kotaku.com/5446872/netflix-officially-coming-to-the-nintendo-wii

It's finally official!

ErikBauer 
Posted on 14-Jan-2010 8:12:56
#63 ]

@Lou

I'm recently reading that Sega, Capcom and UbiSoft are wishing to shift their big attention to PS3 and X360 and develop less for Wii.
Their excuse is "Our games don't sell well for Wii".

Well, that is a lame excuse, looking at the quality of such games that don't sell well.
I mean, what big titles did they gave to us in the last 2 years?

Resident Evil 4: sold zilions of copies, then they went for the Rail Shooter road, that of course sold way less, this while Wii communuty was imploring them to port Resident Evil 5 EVEN USING RE4 ENGINE!

Mad World: Cool game, very very cool... but paying full price (60¤ in Italy) for a game that lasts 10/12 hours... c'mon, maybe some more content or a bit lowe price would have sold many more copies.

House of the Dead Overkill: Rail Shooter again... I know Wiimote is well suited for this, but again, you can't pretend people to pay the same price of Okami or Zelda for a game that mostly plays by itself.

Dead Space Extraction: Again, other systems had a proper game, while Wii had a Rail Shooter... guess what? At full price!

Okami: truly fantastic game! But how many copies did you see in the shops? It took almost 2 years for me to find one! Talk about pushing your products...

Other games can be resumed as silly and horrific party games....

All this rant to tell: Hey guys, there is a reason if Nintendo games sell much more than yours. This reason are simple and are called SHEER QUALITY, PLENTY OF CONTENT, PROPER DISTRIBUTION

Let's do a brief list:

Zelda Twilight Princess: same quality (if not better) than Okami but no shop is without it, even today.

Super Mario Galaxy: Top quality game, zillions of levels, no shop is without it.

Wii Fit: Genious idea, good product

Mario Kart: Pure fun, excellent online

Metroid Prime Trilogy: 3 (Three) excellent quality FPS at the price of one!

I can continue but I'll stop here.

HEY, THIRD PARTY SW! STOP COMPLAINING, STOP MAKING WUSSY GAMES FOR WII AND START MAKING PROPER GOOD GAMES!

Check my Amiga gameplays (ITA)!

Lou 
Posted on 14-Jan-2010 12:13:59
#64 ]
Elite Member

@ErikBauer

3rd parties have a self-fullfilling prophecy/stragedy on the Wii...

They flood the market with crap then complain that it doesn't sell.

The Wii is more powerful than the original Xbox, to which even the GC boasted better graphics in some cases and yet the Gamecube has a better selection of quality games.

Even when a good game comes out, it is never marketed.

Monster Hunter 3 should open some eyes.

BrianK 
Posted on 14-Jan-2010 14:48:41
#65 ]
Elite Member

GT5 was delayed again for the PS3. How long can Sony dangle a carrot? GT5 should make everyone's Vaporware list for 2009 and 08.

I wonder how GT5 will stack up against Forza 4?

ErikBauer 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 11:32:01
#66 ]

Seems that Wii is starting to influence PC market too...

http://www.tecnocino.it/articolo/razer-e-sixsense-motion-sensor-per-pc/17677/

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/razer-sixsense-pc-controller/337766

I'm glad this is happening, we needed some revolution in gaming controllers

BigD 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 13:55:49
#67 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
GT5 was delayed again for the PS3. How long can Sony dangle a carrot? GT5 should make everyone's Vaporware list for 2009 and 08.

I'm more bothered about the timed exclusive delay to Alien Breed Evolution and the continuing below par 360 conversions; Bayonetta and Ghostbusters are a disgrace! At least the delay to Red Alert 3 resulted in a more polished game and better product, the same can't be said for most games including the Orange Box!

Lou 
Posted on 20-Jan-2010 11:11:34
#68 ]
Elite Member

Sphere (or Arc if the rumors are true) will be delayed until Fall.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/20/playstation-motion-controllers-release-date-moves-to-fall-2010/

Now lets see if NATAL ships on time along side it. I have my doubts...

Lou 
Posted on 19-Feb-2010 16:54:52
#69 ]
Elite Member

Holy poop!

http://kotaku.com/5475448/sony-files-patent-for-universal-game-controller

Amiga CD32 TM controller mentioned. CD32 Emulator on PS3...impressive....perhaps all those patents have run out afterall...

Is Sony going to directly challenge Nintendo's Virtual Console by offering a Universal Controller?

Add a touch screen to a PSP and it already could be this... I guess this is their answer to Nintendo's Classic Controller(Pro)...

LED button? Meh...

BrianK 
Posted on 19-Feb-2010 19:11:18
#70 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Now lets see if NATAL ships on time along side it. I have my doubts...
NATAL is to ship for Christmas season 2010. Microsoft has a much stronger 2010 game line than 2009. Microsoft has made comments that the NATAL will be more software based then hardware based. Microsoft as a whole appears to have it's game back this year. If I were to bet I'd bet that NATAL will make Nov 2010. The question, IMO, is..Will Microsoft be able to make sufficent quantity to fulfill demand.

As for the new Sony 'universal' controller... 'touch sensitive LCD' -- Meh. Tactical feedback is a good thing. As for each company having thier own layouts, that's silly it's not really universal is it? Maybe they mean universal corporate control. Instead the controller should have the layout of choice defined by the user on a per game basis. And why not simply have a DS or PSP serve this role? That way someone can take the controller and game with them in the car. The Dreamcast had something along those lines, look at the VMU w/ LCD, though not as advanced.

What we need is standard connections. The only reason for a different controller, different memory, different harddrive format, or different media is to try and keep the users buying their stuff as much as possible. Let's have various controllers, all should have USB2.0 or 3.0. Let's have harddrives for storage media, all should use the same format.

BigD 
Posted on 19-Feb-2010 19:18:26
#71 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
NATAL is to ship for Christmas season 2010.

All we need are polished professional games and not rushed out rubbish. All this Wii controller copying is a passing fad as most game players want to veg out after a hard days work! If I want to work out I'd go for a run or at a push get out the Dance Mats! I might even be tempted to 'STAND UP' and play Singstar, but wasting my time playing 'Rabbid Rabbits' or Wii Play leaves me cold I'm afriad.

Give me AlienBreed Evolution on the PS3 or a polished version of Ghostbusters or Alien vs Predator anyday compared to cheap shovelware that these gimmicky controls are encouraging!

BrianK 
Posted on 19-Feb-2010 19:50:40
#72 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
All we need are polished professional games and not rushed out rubbish. All this Wii controller copying is a passing fad as most game players want to veg out after a hard days work! If I want to work out I'd go for a run or at a push get out the Dance Mats! I might even be tempted to 'STAND UP'
I don't know if they ever shipped but one company showed DDR Finger Pads. Might be a good option for you.

What I like about NATAL is the need to hold nothing. I see this as where interfaces for not only game systems but computers need to go. See the movie Minority Report. The NATAL could be, if done right, a significant step towards interactivity with computing systems w/o the 'keyboard'. Bill Gates indicated that Windows 7 will have gesture recognition.

All 3 systems have NetFlix. The NetFlix movie selection seems prepped for the NATAL. Point up or down for different genre's. Point left or right to scroll movies within a particular genre. Wave to stop. Point to the screen to select the movie. Actually my 3.5 year old is already doing it. When he wants to see a movie he goes up to the TV and tells me to go one way or another. Makes a scrolling hand movement in the direction he wants me to go. He then says stop, that one, and I choose his selection. So instead of Daddy control he will be able to use NATAL.

Last edited by BrianK on 19-Feb-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 24-Feb-2010 12:39:48
#73 ]
Elite Member

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony-to-restructure-networked-services-business

Hmmm...

I smell the end of the "Sony" PS4.
Perhaps the console will go the way of the 3DO and be licensed to manufacturers who wish to sell one, then they could still offer the "Sony Network"...

BrianK 
Posted on 7-Mar-2010 17:15:08
#74 ]
Elite Member

Networked Services?
Microsoft demoed moving game play between the 360, PC, and Phone.

@Lou
The Sony Network? Perhaps the 3rd time will be the charm. The first 2 have gone up in smoke, for all practical purposes.

Lou 
Posted on 12-Mar-2010 15:09:21
#75 ]
Elite Member

http://www.edge-online.com/news/npd-ds-360-set-personal-bests

360 leads in February within the USA market.

It's really time for the Wii to go to the WiiXL (more internal flash ram, 802.11n and a BluRay drive)...

Yes, I realized those won't benefit gaming but with motion controls coming to the 360/PS3, there will be less reasons to buy a Wii as it stands now.

ErikBauer 
Posted on 12-Mar-2010 15:57:33
#76 ]

@Lou

Play3 Move will cost 100$ as it needs Plaistation Eye to be used. That, added to the cost of the Play3 itself makes it a quite expensive choice for a new user.

Of course if you already have the play and the eye it will cost less than a Wii... but in that case I doubt you'd want to buy one (I know only one person that owns and uses both Wii and Play3).

Lou 
Posted on 12-Mar-2010 16:53:49
#77 ]
Elite Member

@ErikBrauer

WiiMotion+ costs $20 per controller.
for 2 players to play WiiSports Resort, I have to spend $50 on the game with 1 WM+ module. Then spend $40 for a Wii Remote, $20 for a nunchuk and $20 for a 2nd WM+. That's $80 vs. $40-50 for the other systems... I fail to see the savings especially when you go up to 4 players...

Ontop of that the other systems support better network play where the costs of a 2nd player are off-loaded to the 2nd player.

BrianK 
Posted on 12-Mar-2010 17:18:16
#78 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
360 leads in February within the USA market.

It's really time for the Wii to go to the WiiXL (more internal flash ram, 802.11n and a BluRay drive)...

2nd was the Wii and 3rd was the PS3. If the WiiXL, as you call it, came to market the PS3 would die off, IMO. The PS3 copied, IMO, the Wii controls. The 360 seems to be the one doing the same sort of thing but with their own spin.

BrianK 
Posted on 13-Mar-2010 0:35:52
#79 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Oh and Damnable RRoD! My Elite lasted 2 years 4 months, plus a bit, then the RRoD. Microsoft turned around a new/reman (not sure which one yet) in 2 days. It should be here Monday, 2 weeks from the date I shipped it. A bit sucky they don't ship overnight, or at least next day.

Well I guess it'll make it freshly in time for Halo: Reach. The next month and a half should give it a new burn in.

BrianK 
Posted on 14-Mar-2010 13:38:33
#80 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Final Fantasy XII sold 570K on the PS2 during it's first week in the Americas. FF XIII was recently released. 450K were sold in the US on day one. A ratio of two PS3 purchases for every one 360 purchase. This was an improvement for the 360 over the pre-order amounts. The PS3 was expected to sell more than it did.

Week to week projections are 15-20% higher sales the first week for XIII over XIII. The Sony platform lost about 25% of it's sales vs last gen. Though noteable PS3+360 sales are less than the total sales of the PS2 at the time of the XII launch.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle