Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 106 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  2 mins ago
 Frank:  8 mins ago
 OlafS25:  9 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  28 mins ago
 MickJT:  47 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 outlawal2:  1 hr 45 mins ago
 AndreasM:  1 hr 48 mins ago
 sibbi:  1 hr 57 mins ago
 saimo:  2 hrs 11 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  In continuance of the AROS wanted by BBRV thread...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Anonymous 
Re: In continuance of the AROS wanted by BBRV thread...
Posted on 7-Apr-2005 10:05:12
# ]

OK, I kinda helped start the "Buck is evil" campaign, so I'm sorry.

@Amiga Community

Time to stop talking about the past. Whatever your views on Buck (I scowl everytime I say that name ), he's gone now so lets all move on.

I retired from an industry where I hated the guts of most of the people I had to deal with. It didn't stop me from turning my company into an excellent pension scheme. I don't care how much X hates Y. This is about more than one person. This is about remembering why we liked Jay's Amiga computer and why however distant, we are still here a couple of decades later.

Lets quit this petty squabling that serve only to hurt both sides and get back to a united community. Sure, have a preferance on which OS you use, but lets try to work together on what software runs on BOTH OS's.

We just can't survive (either side) without the other. There just simply isn't enough of us.

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 7-Apr-2005 10:11:54
# ]

@DruidPoet

Quote:
Do you get it? The Split!!!! Can I make it any more obvious for you?

You could draw me a picture.

But seriously, the split has a little to do with the number of Amigans today. There are a dozen more serious issues than "the split".
It was so easy to see what future will bring if you were a subscriper of Amiga Format, CU Amiga or AmigActive (as I was). Just take a look at the subscriper-situation in each magazine. It was decreasing rapidly every month. Of course this is not 100% direct sign of how many Amigans were leaving the scene but IMHO gives a pretty good hint what was going on.

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 7-Apr-2005 10:34:12
# ]

@hooligan

You have valid points about the average users leaving, but it balanced out after Gateway.

There was a group of hardcore Amigans who were determined to stick with it (Myself included), Despite Phase 5's decent into madness (If you had a Phase 5 card with a problem you know what I'm talking about), Despite Collas condeming the PPC, despite all the problems there was a number of hardcore Amigans that stuck it out.

Then an indiviual took it apon himself to wrestle control of the OS for a quick Buck (Stop with the PUNS!) and all my die hard Amigan friends on the then Amiga Universe website began to leave then the ones on the IRC channels then me.

This is what I'm talking about. Not the mass migration.

Report this post  
terrahwk 
Posted on 7-Apr-2005 12:32:28
#104 ]

@DruidPoet

Quote:
Lets quit this petty squabling that serve only to hurt both sides and get back to a united community.

[young ones]
Guys, guys - look at us. Squabbling, bickering, like children. What's happening to us? We never used to be like this.
[/young ones]

Profile     Report this post  
cecilia 
Posted on 7-Apr-2005 14:36:43
#105 ]
Cult Member

@terrahwk

funny,
but seriously, I do think we are at a different point here. The kind of raping that has been purportrated by BBRV takes time to recover from. And I think that as a group we are healing.

Some of the problems simply stem from the fact that not everyone was harmed in the same way or to the same extent. So, we have to just be patient with each other.

BBRV is not "the enemy", they are just a learning point. And I certainly hope we, as a comunity, have Finally learned something. Not the least of which is to NOT be lead by someone just because we desperately want "success".

What we have is bigger than a computer or a computer company. Don't let anyone take that away.

I don't think we should forget. To that end I coined a word this week: "Bucktard". yeah, use it when you want to point out that someone is being a jerk. And, it's funny!

Plus, it should serve as a reminder to the history. And (the most important reason), humor and satire are like a pin to a ballon. It defuses the importance and power of the person being made fun of.
And i can think of no better fate for such bloated and egotistical persons.

Anonymous 
Posted on 7-Apr-2005 16:31:53
# ]

@cecilia

Not only you're keeping the same blah-blah BS you have done for a long time, but also adding flues to flames, not to mention you're attacking and ridiculing BBRV all the time which is pretty much against the siterules.

It is nice to speak your mind without anyone pressing the Abuse-button, isn't it. Enjoy.. some of us can't.

Report this post  
cecilia 
Posted on 7-Apr-2005 17:01:26
#107 ]
Cult Member

@hooligan

I've said this before but maybe you didn't get the memo: Everything I say about BBRV is from actually meeting them live and in person. there is NO BS here at all.

I'm not attacking BBRV, they have done everything possible to heap ridicule and distrust upon THEMSELVES. I didn't have to do a damn thing. And, in fact, didn't say anything publically for a year.

I don't go into details about what I know because to do so would involve innocent people who don't deserve to be dragged into the muck and mire of BBRV doo doo.

However, i do talk to people PRIVATELY. That's where I get additional info.

You just sound like someone who is out of the loop and can't understand what everyone is talking about.

Anonymous 
Posted on 7-Apr-2005 17:14:58
# ]

@cecilia

Why not just change the record then. We all know you hate them already. No need to repeat it in every second post.

I don't like McEwen & co and I did my share of reminding people about it, but I moved on long time ago and tried to forget what they did to Amiga. Why don't you do the same with Buck as it's getting boring to see the same line from you from post to post.

Report this post  
cecilia 
Posted on 7-Apr-2005 17:22:43
#109 ]
Cult Member

@hooligan

you just don't know how to read:
Quote:
BBRV is not "the enemy", they are just a learning point. And I certainly hope we, as a comunity, have Finally learned something. Not the least of which is to NOT be lead by someone just because we desperately want "success".

I also want to add something I have felt for a long time but have never really said publically: every time someone like you tries to make out like BBRV were just a little bump in the road or just "too" ambitious, or some other lame excuse for their behavior you are forgetting one really important fact:

whenever someone excuses their behavior it's a slap in the face to every person who is still holding a rubber check from these people. Every insulting email, every distructive accusation to ruin a person's reputation, every lie, etc, etc.

You bring it all back to these people. You'll never find one single post by me that supports any such behavior from the former "Amiga Inc" (to differentiate from the "present Amiga Inc" since we have no real info on them at the moment).

Never once have I tried to make like it was Ok for the former Amiga Inc to mess with people's lives. And that's because no one deserves to be treated that way, no matter the name of the company. In fact I have sometimes made snide remarks about the Former AI and those comments were censured. So, if you didn't catch them before they were altered, it's not your fault.

Just be glad I wasn't posting about BBRV a year ago. Your screen would have burned your eyes. I've calmed down alot, but I'll always hate users and liers. It's just my nature. Anyway, my motivations should not be an issue. I've never sent anyone a rubber check. Plus, on the thread concerning the location of the NY Amiga Inc office I went there, took pictures and asked questions.
I didn't get paid to do this, I wasn't asked to do this. I did it because a person I have never met is looking for a way to deal with a situation where he wasn't paid. And this person is a fellow amiga user.
nuf' said.

Last edited by cecilia on 07-Apr-2005 at 08:47 PM.

Interesting 
Posted on 7-Apr-2005 18:21:38
#110 ]
From: a place & time long long ago, when things mattered.

@cell

Quote:
LOL! I think it was I who said that Genesi have an excellent PR machine with bbrv in the earlier thread concerning this. I must have been smoking something at the time methinks. But here's an interesting picture of bbrv meeting with a US senator --

< shakes head

CodeSmith 
Posted on 8-Apr-2005 1:04:11
#111 ]
Elite Member

@Interesting

Actually, that picture is quite revealing. Look at BB's expression, he's bursting at the seams. It's quite a direct look at the very thing that has everyone polarized for or against him: his supersize, dont-hold-the-fries ego.

cell 
Posted on 8-Apr-2005 6:49:25
#112 ]

@Interesting

???

Anonymous 
Posted on 8-Apr-2005 8:46:45
# ]

@hooligan
Quote:

hooligan wrote:
@cecilia

I don't like McEwen & co and I did my share of reminding people about it, but I moved on long time ago and tried to forget what they did to Amiga. Why don't you do the same with Buck as it's getting boring to see the same line from you from post to post.

There's no need for that now, most people acknowledge what Amiga Inc. did, even here which is supposedly the Church of Fleecy, I'd say the majority of people had turned against Amiga long ago.

Perhaps because the Amiga thing happened much further back the "red side" has had time to digest what's gone on and the "Blue side" will catch up later. (Most of this only really blew up this year). However there still seem to be people like TMHG whose head is stuck firmly up Buck's colon. One day I'm sure the guy will learn to think for himself and stop regurgitating the same "PR speak" (Current favourite seems to be mentioning Gentoo.org every 30 seconds).

As long as people have perfectly opposing opinions, there will be arguements, and while those viewpoints remain fixed, the same stuff will come up time and time again. Just look at this thread, can you see anything here that you've not read somewhere else ten times before? I'm afraid it's the nature of the beast.

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 8-Apr-2005 14:13:13
# ]

@cecilia

finally had the time to go through the whole thread and something which you wrote pretty much says it all:

Quote:

I'll be right here, reminding everyone of their stench.

That you have done. Keep up the good work.

Report this post  
cecilia 
Posted on 8-Apr-2005 15:02:56
#115 ]
Cult Member

@hooligan

you obviously have trouble with reading comprehension because I think I make clear in this post that all I'm doing is standing up for the people who have been harmed and who are just being slapped in the face by people "whose head is stuck firmly up Buck's colon" (to borrow Uncharted's phrase).

The Only reason you and some other's aren't as offended by the Bucktard is because you've never been slapped in the face with an insult, or you don't know someone who has been slapped.

I do.

And I never want this to happen again

not even to you.

believe it or not.

The only way i can prevent this horror from repeating is to remind people of the facts. BBRV created the stench. I didn't. You may be tired of hearing it. Too bad. No one will accuse me of doing nothing.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke, English statesman and political philosopher (1729-1797)

Anonymous 
Posted on 8-Apr-2005 16:35:58
# ]

@cecilia

You obviously don't have a clue what I am trying to tell you. Let it fu-king go... It's old news. We already _KNOW_ what you think about BBRV. You really DO NOT NEED to remind of how you feel all the time. You start to sound like red Eva for crying out loud...

Report this post  
JKD 
Posted on 8-Apr-2005 16:46:01
#117 ]

@DruidPoet

Quote:
Lets quit this petty squabling that serve only to hurt both sides and get back to a united community. Sure, have a preferance on which OS you use, but lets try to work together on what software runs on BOTH OS's.

We just can't survive (either side) without the other. There just simply isn't enough of us.

Great idea! Whilst it seems 99% likely we won't be united under the same OS - we are still all about the 'Amiga experience'.

The only thing from preventing me personally 'playing both sides' right now is prohibitive cost of entry (uA1) and unproven (in public) features of OS4 - most of the fixes and good stuff is till in beta stage. What I have seen more recently looks impressive (and I have been supportive and posting these opinions where called for.)

I spent more on new Amiga/MorphOS software in the last year than many people spend building a whole PC!!!

Unfortunately there are still individuals (like cecilia in this thread, although she is by no means alone) who insist on muck raking, innuendo and personal attacks. All the while this is occuring the Signal to Noise ratio will continue to be poor and it is harming both hardware and software platforms.

Last edited by JKD on 08-Apr-2005 at 04:51 PM.

cecilia 
Posted on 8-Apr-2005 17:24:45
#118 ]
Cult Member

@hooligan

Quote:
red Eva
As I'm not - and never was - part of your little 'red vs blue' war, I really don't know who this person is and really don't give a damn.

JKD:
Quote:
muck raking, innuendo and personal attacks

Everything I know about BBRV is from actual facts. Nothing made up, nothing i read online, no rumors. that's the sort of thing you kids like to engage in.

I know what I know because I have contact with actual human beings. And, I know that BBRV is trying to get me to spill the beans on these people.
But, I've been around the block a few times and that tactic don't work on me, buddy.

I will not divulge private info in public because that is unethical.

I've said this before and I'll repeat: What I say about BBRV has nothing to do with operating systems. It has nothing to do with MOS or OS4.

It has to do with mistreating human beings.

I've been told that if BBRV had "succeeded" and made tons of money that no one would dislike them. I beg to differ. I don't like Bill Gates because he is a thief. Just because he's a successful thief doesn't mean he gets a pass from me.

He seems to get a pass from alot of people but that shows how shallow many people are. I can't work with or deal with people who are immoral.

JKD 
Posted on 8-Apr-2005 18:00:34
#119 ]

@cecilia

Quote:
Everything I know about BBRV is from actual facts. Nothing made up, nothing i read online, no rumors. that's the sort of thing you kids like to engage in.

I know what I know because I have contact with actual human beings. And, I know that BBRV is trying to get me to spill the beans on these people.

Fine, so I take you at your word here. Can you not see that the constant repetition is completely unconstructive?

Quote:

But, I've been around the block a few times and that tactic don't work on me, buddy.

It does not help for me to say that all my dealings with genesi/BBRV have been average to positive, since I am aware others are not so lucky. I too have been around the block and can read between the li(n)es, so lets call it quits.

Quote:

I will not divulge private info in public because that is unethical.

That's an admirable stance but coupled with the above insulting behaviour, all of your statements do appear as pure innuendo.

Quote:

I've been told that if BBRV had "succeeded" and made tons of money that no one would dislike them.

Clearly that is nonesense. It's almost impossible not to make enemies and be sucessful...in fact some people will dislike you even though they've come to no personal harm from you.

Quote:

He seems to get a pass from alot of people but that shows how shallow many people are. I can't work with or deal with people who are immoral.

So do I need to bother to work out of that implied insult applies to me or not?

I am curious - Do you know how you personally get a pass on 'personal attacks and insults' here in the AW.NET forum?

Last edited by JKD on 08-Apr-2005 at 06:01 PM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 8-Apr-2005 18:03:55
# ]

@JKD

The moderators stated they were not moderating this thread right on the front page. Cecilia has been moderated before now, so its not as if she is getting special treatment.

Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle