Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 145 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

jPV,  Hypex

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  2 mins ago
 jPV:  4 mins ago
 pixie:  11 mins ago
 OlafS25:  25 mins ago
 amigang:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 hannana:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 48 mins ago
 Matt3k:  1 hr 53 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Poll : Will we see pictures from ACK today as promised?
yes
no
his camera broke
it's not Tuesday in Alaska
wait, THIS Tuesday?
maybe
pancakes are your friend

PosterThread
DoctorQ 
Re: [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 14:48:08
#121 ]

@Samface

Quote:

And noone forced you to whine about it. Again, the success or doom of his projects are not something that is putting us in a worse situation than before. If anything is causing people to leave the Amiga then it is the unavailability of products and the only thing that could possibly cure the situation is if someone does like Adam and tries to get a product out there.

Ha ha, what a relief, that almost made my day. You saying that ACK not delivering doesn't put the Amiga community in a worse situation is a laugh! Promising new hardware from beginning of 2005 gave some users hope that they could get new hardware. Failing that, and we are half way through 2006 already, have cost belief and users in the community. If it continues, where will we end?

Profile     Report this post  
BobW 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 14:49:51
#122 ]

@ackcontrls

Quote:
That's the final straw. I'm out of here....this is just not worth the aggravation. Have a good life everyone.

Ahh! No! Please dont let this get to you. There are plenty of us quietly waiting for your product.

_Steve_ 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 14:50:32
#123 ]
Team Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:

NutsAboutAmiga wrote:
I hope a moderator will remove his incentive comments soon…
We are not all like that, I think that Amigaworld, need better moderation…

The comments have been dealt with as has the user posting them. We will not tolerate personal attacks on this forum, it goes against the TOS which were agreed to when joining. The user in question is now restricted from posting.

polka. 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 14:50:37
#124 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
The site is starting to be way to negative for me, and all that x86 stuff that goes on there day in and day out

Oh, you mean all those evil people who are worried about the future of AmigaOS beyond 4.0 final? People that are looking for solutions for the dilemma?
I propose you go back and design some custom cases for some PPC-based vapourware that will never ever get released.

samface 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 14:50:42
#125 ]

@polka.

Hyperion are not Merclancia or IWin, they have an actual product that they have invested years of development into. If Hyperion says they have one of Adam's CPU upgrades and that it is working, I believe them. Call me naive if you like.

MINDRELEASE.net - The Non-Commercial Network of Digital Arts.

Samworks D & C - Professional Web Development (in Swedish)

DoctorQ 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 14:53:40
#126 ]

@samface

Why should I provide anything that makes option no. 1 plausible??? Can you provide anything that makes option no. 2 plausible???`

Everything is speculation, from your side as well as mine (unless you have actually seen something the rest of us haven't seen).

I have said it before, and I say it again; I hope some of the new hardware will come, but there has been too many deadlines that hasn't been made, not just ACK, but for other companies as well.

Final post in this thread for me; I have better things to do.

-Sam- 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:02:30
#127 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls

It's sad so see you go. Hopefully you'll be back onto AW.net soon to see that lots of people do indeed wish you well.

A lot of the 'aggravation' could and still can be avoided. You just have to avoid setting yourself up for falls all of the time. The vast majority of us here are positive and here to help.

samface 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:05:51
#128 ]

@DoctorQ

It is people like you that deserve to not be able to buy any products. Please realize that to bring an Amiga hardware product out on the market today is practically a business suicide mission. I don't know of any market with a higher risk involved and it takes quite an investement to manufacture x number of hardware products, regardless if you do it "in-house" or via a third party. When someone does try anyway, regardless of their reasons, we should be grateful. Yet all you do is complain, like Adam would owe it to you or something. Here's a newsflash for you: he owes you absolutely nothing and now it seems that your stupid whining is finally paying off with Adam giving up. Thank you very much!

polka. 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:05:54
#129 ]

@samface

Quote:
Hyperion are not Merclancia or IWin,

Definately not, and I was referring to ACK, Troika and their products anyway, not to OS4. But I am already sure that people like you will twist my words again and make it appear as if I said "ACK/Troika=Merlancia" somewhere. I did not. I only have an understanding for people like DoctorQ and others that think that a "scenario 1" could happen - it has already happened many times before, although it never really made any sense.

Quote:
If Hyperion says they have one of Adam's CPU upgrades and that it is working

Where did they say so? I have only read that Rogue was running a 1.4 Ghz card that was overheating. Adam was never planning a 1.4 Ghz version.

Last edited by polka. on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:11 PM.

samface 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:07:10
#130 ]

@DoctorQ

Quote:
Final post in this thread for me; I have better things to do.

Too bad you didn't realize it sooner.

BobW 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:08:21
#131 ]

@all

Would you guys stop bickering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a few posts back Adam said This:

Quote:
That's the final straw. I'm out of here....this is just not worth the aggravation. Have a good life everyone.

Frankly I don't blame him. This place has become a cess pool!

Last edited by BobW on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:09 PM.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:08:48
#132 ]
Elite Member

@polka.

Quote:
I propose you go back and design some custom cases for some PPC-based vapourware that will never ever get released.

So you think these products are vapourware:

AmigaOne-XE
AmigaOne-SE
MicroA1
CyberStormPPC
BlizzardPPC

Quote:
Oh, you mean all those evil people who are worried about the future of AmigaOS beyond 4.0 final? People that are looking for solutions for the dilemma?

What dilemma is that?

polka. 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:12:57
#133 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
So you think these products are vapourware:

No.

Quote:
What dilemma is that?

Are you kidding? No, the dilemma is not that you are "happily running your AmigaOne".

CD32freak 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:17:10
#134 ]

Could the administrator please delete this poll, so it would only be remembered as a bad nightmare. It ruins my appetite for pancakes

samface 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:17:46
#135 ]

@polka.

Believe whatever makes your world go round, please just spare us your delusions, it is damaging whatever possibilities we migh have for new hardware products.

-Sam- 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:18:08
#136 ]
Elite Member

@BobW

Quote:
Would you guys stop bickering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the key thing here is balance.

On the one hand we don't like being led a merry dance of expectation without warrant (as we've had it for 12 years and don't want anymore thank you very much).

On the other hand we certainly don't want to slam those few that may actually be trying to build a future for our platform.

So more communication about what is genuinely going on, less announcement of things that are not already 100% capable of being demoed or whatever and I think we'll see more tolerance in general.

Rogue 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:20:30
#137 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@polka.

Quote:
Why all this hostility?

Why do you think that was hostile? Was the original posting any more hostile? Why am always I the hostile one?

Quote:
Adams problems were related to a G4 at 1.7 Ghz - it just didn't work well on all AmigaOne boards.
So what does a single person experience from someone running at 1.4 Ghz have to do with this?

Okay, lemme get hostile.

Reading is a clear advantage. The original statement was (quote)

"If i recall it correctly, many many many summers ago, a company called bPlan told that G4 won't work with all Articia chips (only with hand-selected ones), so they finally dropped it, and went to use another chip. Of course Articia fans laughed at them, and the story continued as we all know. Now, according to Adam, the problem is that the ultra-fast G4 is not working in all AmigaOne boards."

I replied to that that I have a G4 at 1.4 MHz running on my board. What does it have to do with it? Quite a lot, because it a) shows that G4's DO work with the Articia and b) that they run at least at 1.4 GHz. I'm sorry, but yeah, I think that is somewhat indicative that the statement "G4 won't work with all Articia chips" might not be all that correct.

madtrekker 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:21:15
#138 ]

I think there are a couple of important points that some people seem to overlook :

1) Amiga Hardware and Software these days is developed by tiny companies consisting of one or two people who are doing it because of their love for Amiga. They are never going to make a fortune doing it, but they do so because they choose to.

2) Even huge companies are routinely forced to delay launches due to unforeseen circumstances. This effect will be magnified for smaller companies.

3) The people behind these companies are real people. With real lives. Sometimes stuff happens in your life that can get in the way of other, less important things like work and hobbies. When this happens to someone in a large company, life goes on for that company. If it happens in a small company, it is likely to have a much larger effect.

Right now, the Amiga community is so small that we should consider ourselves lucky that anyone is prepared to put large amounts of time, energy (and sometimes money) into developing anything for a system that by all rights should have died years ago. It's a testament to the strength of the Amiga that people do choose to do so.

However, it amazes me that rather than being thankful to these people, Amiga users instead flame them, doubt them, and generally do pretty much everything in their power to discourage and dissuade them from doing what they are doing. This effect is probably amplified by the internet.

Many people claim that they are so suspicious because of past broken promises from previous individuals and companies. However, it is unrealistic to have such high expectations anyway, because of the situation we are in.

When projects are under development, the people behind them should receive the full support and encouragement of remaining Amiga users, but sadly that just doesn't happen.

@ackcontrls

I hope your father is well again soon.

Clearly, some here lack perspective and I hope that in the end these people do not discourage you.

Last edited by madtrekker on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:23 PM.

BobW 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:22:26
#139 ]

@-Sam-

Quote:
So more communication about what is genuinely going on, less announcement of things that are not already 100% capable of being demoed or whatever and I think we'll see more tolerance in general.

Agreed! My point is that Ack made a comment that sounds very much like he is fed up and giving up! In the mean time we have individuals in the thread totally ignoring this and continuing their little slap fight.

Hans 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:24:09
#140 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls

Sorry to hear about your father. Hope things go well with him.

Please ignore OldTimeUser. He's like a cat that's been eating waaay to many lemons, a very sour, sourpuss. His posts are universally negative and derogatory. They usually include calling someone a liar or a fraud.

Take this thread as a sign of the level of interest in your work. People want to see something good, but have been disappointed with the demo cancellation, and now no photos. Naturally your father is more important than posting a few photographs so I can wait.

I hope that things go well for you and your family.

Hans

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle