Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
6 crawler(s) on-line.
 163 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  7 mins ago
 pixie:  21 mins ago
 amigakit:  24 mins ago
 RobertB:  26 mins ago
 OlafS25:  39 mins ago
 bhabbott:  55 mins ago
 jPV:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 AmiKit:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 56 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 )
PosterThread
NoelFuller 
Re: ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 6:30:48
#541 ]
Cult Member

@syrtran

I believe I have met the "employee" in New Zealand. At the time he did a presentation to our club of DE. He lived in a unit in or close to the Americas Cup base in downtown Auckland - expensive. If he depended on income from Amiga Inc., I would say he is now squatting in a tin shack out in the bush.

@tomazkid

I guess the thread has gone off topic while everyone has their fingers crossed waiting to see if Ack's repairs go out. See the next thread no doubt.

Noel

Profile     Report this post  
tomazkid 
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 6:38:45
#542 ]
Team Member

@NoelFuller

The lock is mostly because of the lenght of the thread.
OT is unavoidable in these long threads I recon, and after the thread is locked there is no objections against starting a new thread on the subject, but please do wait till this thread is locked

pixie 
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 9:13:26
#543 ]
Elite Member

@syrtran

Quote:
IMO, this is now bordering on trolling. You are repeating a description of an incident as if it happened only yesterday.

Sir, I would like you to better express yourself on the reasons yourself were so eager to consider hatschi post trolling, ow why you were so hangry on what he just said. Despite having read the original post I still don't understand the reasons behind such rave. It's not as if Amiga Inc doesn't present themselves fuel enough to get burnt, it's not as if one needs to dig to make them look bad, they do it perfectly well themselves...

Last edited by pixie on 10-Jul-2007 at 09:15 AM.

jtsiren 
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 10:12:46
#544 ]
Cult Member

I think it is allright this thread is locked, it has run its course. Done some good, but also left a lot of open questions we probably won't get answers to any time soon. Only ACK can change that. No need to repeat it all endlessly.

We'll now see whether or not ACK comes out with the new hardware and, hopefully sooner, ships those customers of his the fixed machines as now promised - I'm sure those customers will report in some new thread when they have news.

And obviously if the ACK hardware (or those developer machines) ever do ship we'll hear about it. My promise to purchase one under the terms as stated earlier here obviously stands so I look forward to making that purchase in due time.

Thanks guys for the conversation, it was enlightening and new info did come out! Sorry we still have a very vague and controversial picture of ACK, but what can you do.

Kneedeep 
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 10:13:06
#545 ]

@number6

Wow, I should go on vacation more offen..... I just got back and read this.

Quote:
Kneedeep had 2 boards.
The one sent to ACube has been returned and is working perfectly, afaik.
The 2nd board, which Adam had, as I said, he would have to comment on.

Yes, that is what has happened so far. I had two boards, one was repaired with Acube's cpu repair.

As for the other board....., it seems like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

From ACK

Quote:
A bunch of stuff is getting shipped out this week:

1) Chris's board will go out on Monday, and he should have it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

2) I'm just waiting on a few case parts for Ivan's machine that were damaged when the machine was shipped to me, but he'll have it this week.

3) Kneedeep's board will go out around mid-week.

4) Cash flow has improved and the issue with Jens will be finalized within a couple weeks.

This is great news, I will be watching for a delivery truck this week.....

herewegoagain 
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 11:35:40
#546 ]
Elite Member

@koan

Quote:

koan wrote:
@herewegoagain

OS 4 developers working for 2 years on software that needs ExecSG (which is their own design) is a different story.

Don't AI have an OS 4 SDK and OS 3 sources ?

I fail to see how it is different at all. If they can work on bits of OS4 and run it under the 3.9 kernel, then surely anyone else could do the same or similar sort of thing. I'm not claiming this is what Amiga have done, just that it is one possibility.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 14:39:05
#547 ]
Team Member

@tomazkid

Quote:

tomazkid wrote:
@NoelFuller

The lock is mostly because of the lenght of the thread.
OT is unavoidable in these long threads I recon, and after the thread is locked there is no objections against starting a new thread on the subject, but please do wait till this thread is locked

We should start another though if you insist on locking this one, the length of this one out there helped to show a 4th person with a issue with held property by ACK Software Controls. I think its very pertinant for the community to know how many others there are if any. And very good that it has appeared to pressue ACK Software Controls into action for resolution of their issues.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 14:41:38
#548 ]
Team Member

@Kneedeep

Good luck, hope it works out as promised this time around! It would be great to get updates somehow, guess in a new thread by then.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 15:07:36
#549 ]
Team Member

@syrtran

Quote:
As to how they presented themselves to Kent, none of us were there.

We don't need to be. Its right on Amiga.com itself:

http://tinyurl.com/2x8jr2

That would include both the "Amiga, the world’s premier provider of multi-media enabling technologies" statement and the "today is the third most recognized brand in Europe" lines.

Thats what press releases are for, to get the word out to people who were not at the press conference, in a way that you craft and certainly approve of.

Quote:
I wouldn't exactly call a company with less than 80 employees, with no more than 9 in Kent, "medium-to-large." It does not mean, however, that they don't have $2.5 million to spend (we, and Kent, will know after they "Put up or shut up")

It also makes it quite impossible for them to be "the world’s premier provider of multi-media enabling technologies". Additonally it makes it odd a company in such a stage would be able to make, or would even want to make a 20 year naming commitment for a small regional facility. One that will require $2.5 million up front, and the burden of 15 annual payments of $500,000. You came up with "small company" as a defense to their office state. Also productivity does not seem high, all the ADI products on Amiga.com have been "coming soon" for ages, and none of them look to me to be groundbreaking in anyway. It seems to me that Hatschi has plenty of material to work with to be justifably satarical.

Quote:
What I was inferring with the "cross-country" would be the legal and/or financial documents that were pulled from the old offices and were probably stashed in McEwen's house. He would've brought them to the office in his car. In cardboard boxes.

Ok, buy a filing cabinet buddy. You've been giving incomplete docs to your lawyers for an open lawsuit and you have a multi-million dollar deal in the works, time to get a little organized no?

Its bloody funny (or perhaps sad). People here make more fun of Bill Gates for less. I found Hatschi's post humorous personally. That said I wish Bill McEwen would get off his a** more and give us little reason to have anything to snicker about.

Amiga 1200

number6 
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 15:19:57
#550 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
That said I wish Bill McEwen would get off his a** more and give us little reason to have anything to snicker about.

Last time you wanted to make some progress (membership on AI's site), you rather rapidly achieved this by writing to Dr. Pentti Kouri directly.
Why even bother directing thoughts at Bill if directing things to Dr. Kouri works so well?

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 15:54:34
#551 ]
Team Member

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Quote:
That said I wish Bill McEwen would get off his a** more and give us little reason to have anything to snicker about.

Last time you wanted to make some progress (membership on AI's site), you rather rapidly achieved this by writing to Dr. Pentti Kouri directly.
Why even bother directing thoughts at Bill if directing things to Dr. Kouri works so well?

I wrote to both in that case. I'm not sure who got Ray Akey to start answering the open requests to webmaster@amiga.com of the two of them.

That said the Amiga.com forums existed to invite user participation, and some of us, including me (Tomas was another) wanted to take them up on that offer. And we got no response. So I emailed other addresses I could find, which yes included the President (Bill) and the Chairman (Pentti). Who made it happen I have no idea.

I'm not sure if I buy any post in this public forum that I make, (or that others make for that matter), that names Bill constitues me "directing thoughts at Bill". It would seem Pentti has some other plans already, since Bill is now the "acting" president. Somehow I'm guessing he is not ready to share what that means to the Amiga community just yet (if anything).

As to your post in general, are you proposing these forums close and that we only each individually email Amiga, Inc and not discuss them among ourselves? Amiga, Inc. has as much access here as anyone else. I'm not sure I get where you are coming from?

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 10-Jul-2007 at 03:55 PM.

Amiga 1200

number6 
Posted on 10-Jul-2007 16:18:19
#552 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
As to your post in general, are you proposing these forums close and that we only each individually email Amiga, Inc and not discuss them among ourselves? Amiga, Inc. has as much access here as anyone else. I'm not sure I get where you are coming from?

No. You read too much into my post (as do others).
I was aware of your success in communicating by going outside the normal channels of trying to use the forums (your direct email to Hakia).
Therefore I asked you if that might not be the avenue for some of your other thoughts/concerns.
I put it in the form of a question, because I thought it would be rude to word it "write to Dr. Pentti Kouri".
And no...I'm not trying to start a Pentti Kouri letter writing campaign.

syrtran 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 0:59:39
#553 ]
Cult Member

@pixie

Quote:

pixie wrote:
@syrtran

Sir, I would like you to better express yourself on the reasons yourself were so eager to consider hatschi post trolling, ow why you were so hangry on what he just said. Despite having read the original post I still don't understand the reasons behind such rave. It's not as if Amiga Inc doesn't present themselves fuel enough to get burnt, it's not as if one needs to dig to make them look bad, they do it perfectly well themselves...

A month and a half ago it was mildly amusing.

A week later, it was a little repetitive, but still cute.

A whole month later, it was stale. And tiredly repetitive.

But note that - two more weeks later - those dastardly boxes are still there!. Won't somebody remove them? Think of the children!

(As FFB pointed out above, AInc doesn't need help with their image.)

People who generalize are always wrong.

1989 - 500 / 1991 - 3000 / 1997 - Genesis Flyer 1200T / 2003 - A1XE

koan 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 1:00:07
#554 ]

@herewegoagain

I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me.

I believe that AI could have been continuing work on OS 5 based on the information from OS 3 and OS 4 SDK. However, I don't believe that they have.

The basis of their argument on court is that they can't continue to work and based on the documents and interviews we have seen over recent months, they would seem to support the idea that they didn't.

tomazkid 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 1:22:25
#555 ]
Team Member

It's now 2:20 CET, locking the thread.

New thread about the subject is ok.

tomazkid 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 16:35:38
#556 ]
Team Member

The continuation of this thread is here

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle