Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 172 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  5 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 16 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 50 mins ago
 jPV:  2 hrs 29 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 30 mins ago
 AmiKit:  2 hrs 30 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  2 hrs 52 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Agnilux - possible X1000 CPU supplier?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
syrtran 
Re: Agnilux - possible X1000 CPU supplier?
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 4:16:27
#41 ]
Cult Member

@KimmoK

Quote:

KimmoK wrote:
IIRC, same guy was @ DEC developing xcale ARM core, then intel bought him & xcale, then he went to start PASemi, then for Apple to help to put together A4, now again something new.

Look out this guy, what he does in chip business he seem to succeed! I hope he is back @ PPC SoC development.
btw. if Agnilux is using PA6T & taking it forward, it would be worth a NDA!!!!! (rumors rumors & soap opera & popcorn)

(Sorry for the late reply)

The guy did a bit more than develop upgraded ARM chips at DEC. Do a google or wikipedia search for 21064. That chip was a legend for speed vs power consumption. When he ended up at Intel, some of his experience and knowledge developing the Alpha ended up in the P6 (a.k.a. Pentium III), which may have also ended up in that chip's successors - the Core and Core2 (and possibly the I's, but he was long gone from Intel, by then).

With Dobberpuhl's background, Agnilux could be working on anything from a 'new' PA6T, to a hyper-speed competitor to PIC. Whatever it is, it'll be interesting (and probably not sitting on a Nemo motherboard).

People who generalize are always wrong.

1989 - 500 / 1991 - 3000 / 1997 - Genesis Flyer 1200T / 2003 - A1XE

Profile     Report this post  
Arko 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 7:10:57
#42 ]

@Hammer

Quote:

Hammer wrote:
@Hondo

I'm not on the list.

I'm missing too.

BTW:
I'm here to share informations about Amigaoid systems, I'm not here because I want to here from one OS flavor only. I'm not not even here to criticize this one OS flavor ...

When 1 person feels disturbed by 8 persons the simplest solution would be if this 1 persons goes away. This would be a simple democratic solution but we should protect minorities.

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

KimmoK 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 7:31:23
#43 ]
Elite Member

@Arko

I think almost every AOS fan is disturbed by naysayers (at least a little). But I personally try to allow colourfull people to exist around me. I also need someone to point me to do realitycheck every now and then. So naysayers are good, in a way.

It would be the best if people manage to stay civil & give constructive feedback, instead just trying to #### on AOS4 developments.

Last edited by KimmoK on 25-Mar-2010 at 07:39 AM.

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

eha 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 7:48:19
#44 ]

@KimmoK
Quote:

Amiga & Linux Inc -> Agnilux, Inc

Actually I started to think about the name myself a little bit. Even that "origin' about
agni being sanscrit and lux latin, disturbed me and my mind. Maybe this is just
conspiracy theory without any actual reality, but:
- Lucifer = Light bearer, where the light is not in itself. Just bearing it, not having own
light. (From judaism and christian view)
- Agni, sanscrit, meaning that it is from some hinduism background.
- Our old friend from Amiga Inc., Fleecy, has Taoism as religion
- blue and red fights have been really like religious wars
- Amiga is still floating against all odds and trying to get knowledge even among
the evil Microsoft users (who BTW are mislead, and we really should tell them
about the better life!!)

So I suppose that this is something bigger, outside of this material world idea.
Could any of you find number 666 or popal connection in this? Was it supported
in some stage by worldwide nazi/KKK/vicca/... or othervice groupd that would
not like to be public?

But now back to my chamber, reading other nice books, not forgetting to
take my medication (calsium pills, mainly...) and reading later what kind of
strir this starts in this chain...

Ofcource

Esa Haapaniemi
Oulu, Finland

BTW. I also searched that house, that Angnilux is. Here it is for those who are
willing to dig deeper into secrets.
[img]http://www.imagepark.biz/fi/naytakuva.php?file=0dDbytPa46SP2tnU[/img]

bernd_afa 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 9:45:15
#45 ]
Cult Member

@KimmoK
> think almost every AOS fan is disturbed by naysayers (at least a little). But I >personally try to allow colourfull people to exist around me. I also need someone to >point me to do realitycheck every now and then. So naysayers are good, in a way.

but thats the fault of Hyperion, wy must they do so strange long time unprecise announcements ?

I see such a marketing Hyperion do nowhere in real world and i think the reason is too many people dont love such a marketing.

and when Hyperion dont want tell facts and only want do some teasers, then nobody should be angry when people search for indications whats possible and inform all, so they can choose now.

Is it better to wait for X1000 or buy a Mac mini AROS or bounty to some of that ?

I think this question have a lot of people, but because of the Hyperion teasers the people are put in wait state since the ambigoutous project announce early 2009.

If somebody want compare it with the apple ipad announces, the ipad is complete diffrent.Its innovative technology with a custom CPU(A4) and its announce that can accelerate video and games.there is no other solution here-

But X1000 have a PowerPC ISA 2.04 CPU and is build as far can see out of Mass production electronic Parts.so nothing special.

sure its no problem to use Mass electronic parts to be cheaper, but the X1000 price seem not comparable to other Computers build out of other Mass production electronic Parts.

Newer CPU(develop after Dez 2007) are all ISA2.05 and above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Architecture#Power_ISA_v.2.04

The new IBM PC 476 or Power6 is ISA 2.05
And i cant believe that there is a new CPU in the pipeline that cant name that this CPU is used.

Also you can find boards that have a pa6.Wy this should a secret ?
when there is a NDA that it should be secret it stand here until what day can say what CPU it have

How many months we need wait until Hypeiron tell what CPU have X1000 ?

I cant understand that a board designer want a NDA so A-Eon cant tell at least if the X1000 CPU have altivec or not.thats important to know, because a non altivec PPC CPU isnt able to be faster as a Mac Mini on videoplay(more and more HD Videos come on youtube) or other programs that support altivec.

this long nice announces of OS4 HW keep users in waiting state, they dont know now if it is better to wait for X1000.

And so they do maybe not buy a Mac Mini with MOS or a AROS box or code or bounty for other systems.

Over 1 year was the ambigoutous project announce.
optimistic People speculate they add great things as full memprotect.so when they dont want tell Facts and write only from pudding eaten later this year, only can do is take indices.

I tell some indications that show that there seem not possible that Hyperion can or want do full memoryprotect to AOS.
Maybe there come more indications on the table so i change my mind.
But there come no arguments, i get only a ban for 1 week.

But after all i speculate right and it was good that i have no hope for a better future with OS4.

When all this nice things user speculate, Hyperion can do, then OS4 is the best AOS, and then i get demotivate to enhance AFA, because i need this then not and i can buy a OS4 system

and same happen with other AOS developers too i think.

Because i dont believe Hyperion can do great, i believe it help not to wait, and i do AFA because i think when i want a AOS that can do what i want, i need do myself.

I dont wait for godot.
First my plan was release AFA 4.7 and new storm wizard library after the X1000 specs are clear, because i think by this great news not many want install new AFA.

But now that more users want newer version, we release it in next 1-2 weeks if the X1000 specs are here or not.

Last edited by bernd_afa on 25-Mar-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Arko 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 11:46:28
#46 ]

@bernd_afa

Quote:

bernd_afa wrote:
@KimmoK
> think almost every AOS fan is disturbed by naysayers (at least a little). But I
>personally try to allow colourfull people to exist around me. I also need someone to
>point me to do realitycheck every now and then. So naysayers are good, in a way.

but thats the fault of Hyperion, ...

Even this was to much, people being disturbed by naysayers are everywhere, it has nothing to do with Hyperion. You are getting totally Off-Topic. I think you could have a lot a freind, even here if you don't allways post your meanings about AOS4 or Hyperion.
If there is something Hyperion should do for AmigaOS4 you can do it for AROS or at least for AFA-OS

@eha
Quote:

- Lucifer = Light bearer, where the light is not in itself. Just bearing it, not having own
light. (From judaism and christian view)

So I suppose that this is something bigger, outside of this material world idea.
Could any of you find number 666 or popal connection in this? Was it supported
in some stage by worldwide nazi/KKK/vicca/... or othervice groupd that would
not like to be public?

It seems you want to get on Hondos list

AFAIK Lucifer aka 'morning star' aka 'light bbearer' was the title of the king of Babylon. and the story about his fall was mixed up ( or it was the inspiration ) for the name Lucifer and the legend of the fallen angel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

Fransexy 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 11:57:07
#47 ]
Elite Member

@bernd_afa

Quote:

bernd_afa wrote:

but thats the fault of Hyperion, wy must they do so strange long time unprecise announcements ?

So if it do it Apple is good (and S. Jobs a god) but if the same is made by hiperion then is a bad thing

Hypocrites!!!!!!!!

bernd_afa 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 12:11:23
#48 ]
Cult Member

@Arko
>Even this was to much, people being disturbed by naysayers are everywhere, it has >nothing to do with Hyperion.

maybe you understand wrong what i mean.here is a example.

Hyperion introduce a hype with the X1000 XMOS call custom chipset in amiga tradition and do hope for something thats really amazing and great.

there was ask if a 68k emulation can do with the XMOS Chip.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31090&forum=25#547635

here i explain and show with links what Limits XMOS Chip have.And when Hyperion do clear announces such a question as in the thread nobody ask, i need not answer, and then maybe i was not put on the naysayer List from hondos

You see the reason is Hyperion.When Hyperion make precise announcements then lots need not write about it.

And when somebody of Hyperion tell that they work with Agnilix or not, then all is clear, no "naysayer " need write here if that is maybe possible or not.

So i can only suggest, when you dont like naysayers, tell Hyperion that they should either do precise announces or they should be silent and dont initiate a hype so people think about something unrealistic.

If you want take a look what are precises announcements, you can also look on MOS, Apple or any other

Last edited by bernd_afa on 25-Mar-2010 at 12:12 PM.

bernd_afa 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 12:17:06
#49 ]
Cult Member

>So if it do it Apple is good (and S. Jobs a god) but if the same is made by hiperion >then is a bad thing

where apple have do that with their Desktop Computers ?
apple sell btw X86 Desktop systems 4 months earlier as announce
When Hyperion do this marketing with something new as a ipad and OS4, then can say ok.but what Hyperion do is only a PPC Desktop Computer that have a XMOS IO Chip that can also good enough usable put on Card and plug in a SAM, or connect with USB2(when OS4 get USB2) to SAM, if you have a application.

maybe you ask Hyperion when the XMOS Chip should go standard, if they add Cards or USB2 and SDK for all OS4 users...

Last edited by bernd_afa on 25-Mar-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 25-Mar-2010 at 12:19 PM.

A1200 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 12:18:38
#50 ]
Elite Member

I see it from both camps (the naysayers and the brethren).

It wouldn't hurt for the disillusioned in the community to just turn the other cheek and don't pick up on every delayed announcement or specification and release date statement - if they mean business something will be available one day.

On the other hand, there are a few who blindly defend every decision, commercial or otherwise that A-Eon/Hyperion make. Surely these people are not mollycoddling the developers and owners of these companies to make them feel loved - no company is perfect and if A-Eon/Hyperion want to have their people posting information on an open forum, the will inevitably be criticism, sometime wrong - but sometimes right!

I don't have examples to hand (I bet others do) but I have heard people have been banned or have left in disgrace of mods being over jellos on this forum in particular - unless its getting personal, I don't see why some criticism can't be taken - if this forum relies on being a dedicated OS4 resource, than anyone looking at other parts of the Amiga or questioning the path the AmigaOS licence holders should be told this is now a violation of the site's rules - and written in the Terms and Conditions as such.

Zardoz 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 12:30:09
#51 ]
Team Member

@Hondo

Opi is one of the most level-headed people on this forum at the moment, IMO. He is not a troll, although he does sometimes throw some realism on completely otherworldly claims certain people like making. If people like *him* were to go, I'd go and never look back myself.

Last edited by Zardoz on 25-Mar-2010 at 12:30 PM.

cha05e90 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 12:45:02
#52 ]

@Hondo

So we actually do recognize who's on 97% list? Maybe we should make the 3% list - it's should be shorter...

AlexC 
Re: Agnilux - possible X1000 CPU supplier? NO
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 13:32:33
#53 ]

@gregthecanuck

> Agnilux - possible X1000 CPU supplier?

No.

@bernd_afa 

You are pointing the finger at the wrong culprit when it comes to the X1000 because it's A-Eon's announcing (and making) it, not Hyperion.

Hyperion said they were making OS4 and they did. Later they released 4.1 just like they said they would. When they say they're doing something they really are doing it. Some might not agree with what they do or how they do it but in the end they deliver.

From what I understand, Hyperion mentionned that they were working on something ambitious and didn't want to tell anyone what it was until the ones responsible for the other half of that project (the hardware) were ready to disclosed something.

I don't think they originally planned on announcing the X1000 so soon but there was nothing else ready to brighten the holidays (the OS4.1 update got delayed) so they went ahead anyway and made it the most memorable and fun announcement ever (at least for some of us).

If, as you are suggesting, A-Eon should have stayed quiet until everything is finished and ready to sell in the stores, today we wouldn't know anything at all.

So in my opinion it's far better to get some information than nothing, and that way we know what to expect: a high-end system which won't be cheap so it gives us that much more time to start saving money for when it's ready.

It's a lot like an apple tree. First, all you get to see are little green apples. What it's showing you is that's it's an apple tree and all you can do is wait until they're ripe to have a feast, but if you can't accept that and feel entitled to grab one before it's ready and bite it, it's going to taste very sour and barking at the tree isn't going to make a difference.

AmigaOne XE/X1000/X5000/UAE-PPC OS4 laptop/X-10 Home Automation

KimmoK 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 13:36:27
#54 ]
Elite Member

@bernd_afa

>> think almost every AOS fan is disturbed by naysayers (at least a little). But I >personally try to allow colourfull people to exist around me. I also need someone to >point me to do realitycheck every now and then. So naysayers are good, in a way.
>but thats the fault of Hyperion, wy must they do so strange long time unprecise announcements ?

>I see such a marketing Hyperion do nowhere in real world and i think the reason is too many people dont love such a marketing.

I meant in general.
Sometimes I feel tired when some people are overly pessimistic and feel the need to put every positive thing down.
But it is good that we have free speech.

>and when Hyperion dont want tell facts and only want do some teasers,

We better not mix up a-eon and hyperion. They are separate.
People wanted some info, they tried to provide something.
It pleases some but not everyone.

>Is it better to wait for X1000 or buy a Mac mini AROS or bounty to some of that ?

If people like AOS4, then do not wait, buy SAM. ("only" 700¤ with AOS4)
If people like AROS, buy compatible HW. (only ~200¤ including AmigaForever)
If people like MOS, buy MosMini. (only 300¤...400¤ with MOS)

>I think this question have a lot of people, but because of the Hyperion teasers the people are put in wait state since the amigoutous project announce early 2009.

IIRC, it was announced around 1/2 of the year 2009, to assure people that there is more powerfull HW and radical OS improvements coming.

>ipod/ipad/apple

I could not care less about apple. (so far I have been disappointed with their products and PR)

>But X1000 have a PowerPC ISA 2.04 CPU and is build as far can see out of Mass production electronic Parts.so nothing special.

It runs AOS4. If running AOS4 (in multiGHZ speed) is not special enough, then one must look elsewhere.

>sure its no problem to use Mass electronic parts to be cheaper, but the X1000 price seem not comparable to other Computers build out of other Mass production electronic Parts.

I disagree. I think it will be a very interesting HW and very powerfull in PPC space.

>Newer CPU(develop after Dez 2007) are all ISA2.05 and above.

A1X series is announced to use 2.04 and newer technologies.
What ever it is and with the known clock rates, it will be insanely powerfull for AOS4 apps.

>Also you can find boards that have a pa6.Wy this should a secret ?

A lot of good (and bad) reasons have been given.
Unless a-eon is lying, the partner has set the NDA and nothing changes that.

(in very same way people critisized AInc NDA with the Nokia, and for Amiga Inc keeping their side of the NDA, I respect them for that.)

>How many months we need wait until Hypeiron tell what CPU have X1000 ?

A-eon does not deside it. (neither hyperion)

>I cant understand that a board designer want a NDA so A-Eon cant tell at least if the X1000 CPU have altivec or not.thats important to know, because a non altivec PPC CPU isnt able to be faster as a Mac Mini on videoplay(more and more HD Videos come on youtube) or other programs that support altivec.

I think they have revealed already dangerously lot. IMO: it would have been wiser to tell less, to be even safer with the NDA.

And they have told that a single core of the x1000 is more powerfull than the fastest AOS4 HW so far. (to me that is faster than 1,1 Ghz G4)
So, to me it seems that we will have at least the performance of 1.1Ghz dualcore G4 on the x1000.
IIRC single Core 1,5Ghz is enough for HD video on MOS+MPlayer.

>this long nice announces of OS4 HW keep users in waiting state, they dont know now if it is better to wait for X1000.

I think not. x1000 is in totally different price gategory than any alternative (with any other AmigalikeOS).

>And so they do maybe not buy a Mac Mini with MOS or a AROS box or code or bounty for other systems.

Then they are not very wise. IMHO.

>Over 1 year was the ambigoutous project announce.

I think not. But I might remember incorrectly.
Official MAP was announced October 17, 2009.
And unofficially in summertime or so?

>optimistic People speculate they add great things as full memprotect...

Same as always.
But IIRC only SMP has been (semi)officially announced.
MP has been some kind of (very) long term goals since 2002, IIRC.

I personally am very satisfied if there is some kind of multiprocessing support during this year for AOS4.
(it would most likely be the first AmigalikeOS with SMP support, but it will need the 1500¤ dongle)

>I tell some indications that show that there seem not possible that Hyperion can or want do full memoryprotect to AOS.

People should not expect traditional memory protection to appear on AOS4 anytime soon.
But I would not be surpriced if they manage somehow divide memory space with old and new apps.
(via 32bit/64bit memory space division or via the use of two separate MMU & cores & Power Architecture virtualization)

>But after all i speculate right and it was good that i have no hope for a better future with OS4.

Also I have learned that do not expect much and then one can be positively surpriced.
Currently, IMO, AOS (and alternatives) + AOS HW are in better shape than so far after the change of the millennium.

>When all this nice things user speculate, Hyperion can do, then OS4 is the best AOS, and then i get demotivate to enhance AFA, because i need this then not and i can buy a OS4 system

I hope you anyway manage to motivate yourself with the AFA.

>Because i dont believe Hyperion can do great, i believe it help not to wait, and i do AFA because i think when i want a AOS that can do what i want, i need do myself.

Surely you are not adding MP to AOS via AFA?

I recommend that everybody should taste the multicolor and LIVING AmigaWorld TODAY.
It's FUN!
(I have MOS, AROS and AOS4 boxes ... one day also AFA on classic, I hope)

Last edited by KimmoK on 25-Mar-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Last edited by KimmoK on 25-Mar-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Last edited by KimmoK on 25-Mar-2010 at 01:37 PM.

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

Arko 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 13:39:46
#55 ]

@bernd_afa

Quote:

bernd_afa wrote:
@Arko
>Even this was to much, people being disturbed by naysayers are everywhere, it has >nothing to do with Hyperion.

maybe you understand wrong what i mean.

I know what you want to tell us:
"Hyperion is to blame for something"

Q: "Hey Bernd tell me what time it is"
A: "Hyperion is responsible for a wrong flow of tome, becaus they ... and because .. and ..."

Q: "Hey Bern you are Off Topic I asked for the time"
A: "Mqaybe you don't understood what I wanted to tell, I just wanted to tell Hyperion is to blame for ... "

Q: "Bernd why did you always get Off Topic ?"
A: "Because I must say that Hyperion is to blame for ... nad this and the wrong flow of time and ... could faster ... "

-----------------

@ Bernd:
I don't like the Hype machine Hyperion/A-EON started, but I don't repeat it in every post.

AOS4 is their OS they can use it for what ever they want to. They can even flush the sources down the toilett.
You are still interested in AmigaOS but get over it, if you think you could do better you don't need the original sources, you don't need the name, AROS is open use it if you want.

Last edited by Arko on 25-Mar-2010 at 01:40 PM.

bernd_afa 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 14:24:22
#56 ]
Cult Member

@Arko
>I don't like the Hype machine Hyperion/A-EON started, but I don't repeat it in every >post.

That i need repeat it again is only because you attack me and want tell i write nonsense.So i need explain more maybe you understant then that i write not nonsense because i can show that in some examples.

and also when there come some people that say anything against the so called "naysayers" and put me in a list, then i should be silent and should accept that ?

When hondo have not add me in the list, i need nothing write.but as you can see i stand on hondos list, so i can explain wy i not so really happy what Hyperion/A-eon do.and there are some logical reasons and i am no naysayer as long nobody give a logical explain wy the X1000 CPU is under NDA from the boarddeveloper and when this in the contract end.

Last edited by bernd_afa on 25-Mar-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 25-Mar-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 25-Mar-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Hondo 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 14:24:54
#57 ]

@Zardoz

Quote:
Opi is one of the most level-headed people on this forum at the moment, IMO. He is not a troll

I never called him a troll, but he belongs to a side who can't see anything good in Hyperion/AOS, and keeps hitting hard on it.

That's destroying a lot of good vibes around here, and the good vibes should really be here to stay! - the development on the Amiga platform the past 2 years is really really good.

Anyway I'm not making one big list of all naysayers, I was just giving an example of some of them who destroys good mood around here.....year after year.

umisef 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 15:00:54
#58 ]

@KimmoK

Quote:
We better not mix up a-eon and hyperion. They are separate

Of course, when "HyperionMP", whose AWN status is "Hyperion" and whose profile's website entry points at Hyperion's website keeps commenting on the X1000 as if it was somehow his project, the distinction becomes less clear...

ChrisH 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 19:38:39
#59 ]
Elite Member

@A1200 Quote:
if this forum relies on being a dedicated OS4 resource, than anyone looking at other parts of the Amiga or questioning the path the AmigaOS licence holders should be told this is now a violation of the site's rules - and written in the Terms and Conditions as such.

Now you are getting silly: Although I may have my doubt about the precise path AmigaWorld.net has taken, they certainly do NOT ban people for disliking OS4/Hyperion/etc. Rather they have clearly stated (and demonstrated) that they ban people for their behaviour - that is for persistent trolling (whether that is against OS4, AROS, MOS or whatever).

ChrisH 
Posted on 25-Mar-2010 19:57:15
#60 ]
Elite Member

@bernd_afa Quote:
tell i write nonsense.So i need explain more

If people keep saying you write nonsense, then perhaps you ought to STOP trying to "explain" yourself, and instead take a hard look at your thoughts & behaviour:

* Maybe making BIG posts (at least 2-3 times larger than 99% of other people's posts) doesn't work? Maybe people fall asleep reading it, and so don't bother reading them? Maybe people would take you more seriously if you kept your posts short & to the point? Let people tell you what they don't understand, rather than you trying to answer every possible criticism in one post?

* Maybe making detailed arguments in very bad English doesn't work? Maybe people can't understand you arguments in bad English, even though you make long (and incoherant) explanations? Maybe it would be better for you to spend TIME carefully writing a few English sentences, rather than hurredly writing a lot of bad English sentences?

* Maybe this is the wrong forum for your thoughts? They might be better received somewhere else? Or do you post your contrary opinions here just to get the biggest reaction? (Hint: That's what trolls do.)

* Maybe repeating the same arguments again & again does not give better results than saying them just once? Maybe you would be better off "giving up" on trying to explain your opinion, if no-one agrees with you, and instead do something more productive?

* Maybe you will take me & others seriously, rather than assuming you are always right & they are always wrong?

* Maybe you should not worry about AmigaOS4 & Hyperion, and instead concentrate your efforts on promoting & developing Afa-OS & AROS? Maybe you would get better results by advocating Afa-OS/AROS, rather than constantly nay-saying OS4/Hyperion? Maybe people would think more highly of that behaviour, and treat you seriously?

* Maybe you will ignore all of the above suggestions, and continue doing the same things, and so continue to get the same lack of results & bad reactions?....

Last edited by ChrisH on 25-Mar-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 25-Mar-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle