Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 115 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

A1200

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 A1200:  1 min ago
 pixie:  13 mins ago
 retrofaza:  14 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  35 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 zErec:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 edwardsjethro:  2 hrs 56 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Hyperion Blog update....
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
PosterThread
Trixie 
Re: Hyperion Blog update....
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 8:06:07
#481 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@broadblues

Andy, never mind the b*ll*cks. You're doing a great job with both SketchBlock and the Blender port.

AmigaOne X5000/020 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition

Profile     Report this post  
KimmoK 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 9:03:22
#482 ]
Elite Member

My comment about the news:
ExecSG:
-interesting that AOS4 development took the exact path I thought was needed a while ago, nice!
-"drastically new features such as the scheduler" I'm a big fan of executive, so this is great, my amiga4000 is not "Amiga" any more if executive is not running, it improves everything so much.
-"depending on factors like task’s preference" similarly to executive, NICE!
-"different CPU cores using different scheduling algorithms" Very interesting! Helps to have at least one core ensuring the responsive behaviour of Amiga... perhaps one core in real time mode and others in some other mode....
(I believe this is a way to set problematic tasks (like some 68k apps) to run only on core0 with plain round robin scheduler if needed)
-"load balancing" Sounds that Hyperion is aiming at very good implementation of multiprocessing under AOS4, not just quick and dirty.
-"separate address spaces" Nice to see this being in the list. MP is nice to have, when you run a lot of apps that can break things.
-"64 bit address space awareness" In other words "more than 2GB RAM". The least critical, but nevertheless very important. We need more address space for modern needs, like large data handling, gigabytes of 3D RAM, etc....

Yet another Power ISA implementation:
-nice to hear. A-Eon needs the support for 500mc core after all...

Gallium
-"bumped to Mesa 9.1, i.e. OpenGL 3.1." Nice to see that AOS4.2 aims to supporty the latest 3D available. I believe with multicore support the SW renderer is a nice toy for betatesters.

Executive like scheduler is very usefull on SAM440ep caliber low end HW, on x1000 less so. So, some good things to wait also for my tiny SAM.

Last edited by KimmoK on 03-Apr-2013 at 09:05 AM.

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

Hyperionmp 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 15:59:17
#483 ]
Hyperion

@KimmoK

You got it exactly right.

This is a test, there will be NO more forum activity from Hyperion, its management or full time developers on this site.

You reap what you sow.

eliyahu 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 16:22:23
#484 ]

@Hyperionmp

Quote:
You got it exactly right.

This is a test, there will be NO more forum activity from Hyperion, its management or full time developers on this site.

You reap what you sow.

i do wish you'd reconsider. many of your customers -- me, for one -- really appreciate the opportunity to converse with you and other principals involved in the platform's development. your participation here the past few days and the update posted was something many of us had hoped would occur for some time.

i think it a terrible shame that the site has descended to such depths that many of the developers no longer post here, and many users have left in disgust. i don't know what it will take for the site owners to clean this place up, but it must be done. a small group of people have obliterated what used to be a very enjoyable, friendly site.

-- eliyahu

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 16:23:48
#485 ]
Elite Member

@Hyperionmp

Well actually it be better if you did not give in, but it does require some self-control, you must stop getting insulted and pissed off, it does not help, you alienate yourself, and the trolls get what they want, sometimes it seems to me that trolls are more interested in you then what you have to say.

vox 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 16:49:00
#486 ]
Elite Member

@Hyperionmp

Quote:
You got it exactly right. This is a test, there will be NO more forum activity from Hyperion, its management or full time developers on this site. You reap what you sow.

Hmmm ... when I turn my AmigaOS manual community page, this is recommended website.
It would be wise NOT to leave it fully: some official announcement and clarifications would be most welcome.

Example: Pronouncing netbook project dead because of no supply OR saying that is viable target still if it is. Nothing more or less. Yes, it might be again small dissapointment if its likely option A) but its better to do it sooner and move on to more realistic target and OS 4.2 development, then let it stay in vain.

What official account shouldn`t do is exactly participate in flamme war with users. If one desires to do so, have another private account and feel free to discuss is any manner as long as not violating the TOS.

On question will older platforms be supported, it was already answered no hardware support will be left behind. This was good clarification.

Its a bit sad progress report has met so much criticism, but in my eyes, some of the posts in latter discussion has just fueled it, while ignoring related user questions is no good.

Even "we are not in position to answer right now" is an answer.

Last edited by vox on 03-Apr-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Spectre660 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 16:52:30
#487 ]
Elite Member

@Hyperionmp

This has been bad.

Why dont you use the Official Hyperion Support forum to interact with
your customers in the future .

Darrin 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 19:52:19
#488 ]
Team Member

@ Everyone:

I spent an hour editing posts in Trevor's blog. This one has (mostly) stayed on track so please keep it this way. The discussion of Corporate accounts is now over in this thread so kindly keep to the subject matter of what appears in Hyperion's blog with only short deviations into the realms of squirrels.

Thank you.

Darrin
(Honest!)

kamelito 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 20:14:04
#489 ]
Cult Member

@Hyperionmp

I can't blame you for doing so. You should maybe just post only in private forums.
By private I mean only accessible to Amiga OS 4.x registered users.

Kamelito

cgutjahr 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 20:20:31
#490 ]
Cult Member

@Darrin

Quote:

The discussion of Corporate accounts is now over in this thread

I don't care much about that corporate account - but given that another thread opened specifically for discussing it has been closed already - is the discussion of Corporate accounts over in this thread or in general?

ddni 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 20:20:34
#491 ]
Cult Member

@hyperionmp

I understand why you are pissed at this forum, I would be too.
However the official hyperion forum doesn't really offer good discussion.
A gap exists where genuine OS4 interested parties have no direct access to hyperion to converse and discuss the world at large.

Can you look at that?

Darrin 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 20:25:50
#492 ]
Team Member

@cgutjahr

That thread addressed the situation that has now been resolved. If you want to start a new thread on "General Corporate Accounts" then feel free.

Comi 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 20:27:40
#493 ]
Cult Member

@Hyperionmp

Escape from one site/forum and hiding behind multiuser account is not answer to question about details and status of netbook or OS4.2
This is situation from A.org couple years ago.
People have question's, and want answers... some are negative some are positive, but running around isn't solution.

Where we go now to amigans.net?

cgutjahr 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 20:39:30
#494 ]
Cult Member

Edit by Mod: That has nothing to do with this thread so if you want to stir things up then create a new one. As I said, the issue in this thread has been RESOLVED.

Cheers

Last edited by Darrin on 03-Apr-2013 at 09:47 PM.

gtmooya 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 20:51:13
#495 ]

@Hyperionmp

Thanks for the update, always reassuring to hear about new developments!

vox 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 20:54:33
#496 ]
Elite Member

@cgutjahr

Quote:
Post reflect official Hyperion Entertainment position.

This is even worse - ignoring the realistic user questions, and fighting the troll wars
is official position. Man, it would be way better if company distanced from what
has been experienced here.

Really. There was way more productive thread on OS 4.2 status report on A.org

sundown 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 21:01:51
#497 ]
Elite Member

@Darrin

Quote:
That thread addressed the situation that has now been resolved. If you want to start a new thread on "General Corporate Accounts" then feel free.

To be fair, shouldn't every forum member be required to show their real name in their profile as well?

eliyahu 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 21:06:31
#498 ]

@sundown

Quote:
To be fair, shouldn't every forum member be required to show their real name in their profile as well?

was it a requirement? i put my name in when i registered, but i don't think it was a required field. could be wrong, though. it wouldn't be a bad idea to make it a required field.

for those of you too lazy to click the 'profile' button below, my real name is maxwell silverhammer.

-- eliyahu

sundown 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 21:23:40
#499 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Quote:
was it a requirement?

No & most didn't, but whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

wawa 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 21:47:15
#500 ]
Elite Member

@Hyperionmp

Quote:

to be honest i tried to understand this post for half a day and still dont undrstand what is meant by "that is a test"... is there some test ongoing?

Last edited by wawa on 03-Apr-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle