Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 179 guest(s) on-line.
 3 member(s) on-line.

kolla,  jPV,  Vidar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Vidar:  2 mins ago
 jPV:  2 mins ago
 kolla:  3 mins ago
 Hypex:  25 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 14 mins ago
 klx300r:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 Matt3k:  2 hrs 57 mins ago
 agami:  4 hrs 27 mins ago
 amigasociety:  4 hrs 49 mins ago
 matthey:  5 hrs 35 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  Very succinct CUSA question thoughts
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
eXec 
Re: Very succinct CUSA question thoughts
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:18:47
#61 ]
Cult Member

@BillE

Quote:

BillE wrote:
I don't think anyone realised it was. I first thought I&I must be some other company like iContain that had been adding Amiga stickers onto cheap nasty PCs.

I really have no idea what it has to do with the religion?
I also thought it is some archaic verbal crap he pulled out from
Wikipedia and uses it as a highly trained "social worker".
If anyone does know what does it mean, please explain me.

Profile     Report this post  
TheDaddy 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:21:19
#62 ]
Elite Member

@resle

>>Make this your signature. As far as I know it applies to every single interaction you had with every single other member of the forums here.

More nonsense, as every single member of the forum here (apart from the CUSA fans) can testify. I honestly can't understand your sentence above, must be a language barrier.

I'll have the last word indeed, here it is, ready?

Ideals and morals are not a game, at least for me.

Oh by the way, you might also want to check this:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=33858&forum=17&start=120&viewmode=flat&order=0

but I believe that it won't affect your judgement since you don't care.

eliyahu 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:22:39
#63 ]

@eXec

please, guys. i don't mind fighting about amigas, but bringing rastafarianism into this discussion is just way out there. i'm just amazed there is one in the balkans; well, i mean someone who is a native serb.

by the way, he's a social worker?

-- eliyahu

vox 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:28:14
#64 ]
Elite Member

@BillE

Quote:

BillE wrote:
@vox

[quote]I and I is a complex term, referring to the oneness of Jah (God) and every human.

I see *that* explains it, superstitious crap.

Please write in normal English. Don't bring religion into threads where it is not applicable. I find that offensive to my aetheist views !

Quote:
Also the way he tries to make fun out of people`s religion.

Patois is dialect of English.

Instead of refering to "I" and "I&I" doesn`t reneder any of my posts unreadable.

Your personal attitude on religion doesn`t have to do anything with it.
As I&I respect good behaving atheists, you should respect people that believe to conduct to the Commandments of Jah. In the end, its the same decent behaviour.

@exec

No, you have started (and continue) agressive CUSA propaganda here.

Initially, I&I wrote to CUSA asking about time when their product will be avail,
wishing them luck, asking that they only include realistic Amiga history (e.g. information that AmigaOS 4.x exists). Never got even a reply,

Soon bashing AROS, OSNews, AmigaOS 4 ... by CUSA fanboys as well as YouTube trolling CUSA is a real Amiga has brought up resitsance. Well deserved.

Distinguish cause and effect.

Yes, I&I might even visit USA, if needed. Too sad there is not enough bussines moral conduct code and rules that would make bussiness liable for their announcements and promises.

eXec 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:30:09
#65 ]
Cult Member

@eliyahu

I don`t get him at all. He somehow managed to mix and religion
into this all non religious conversation, beside the fact that he
is going to sue CUSA. :)

damocles 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:30:17
#66 ]

@Daedalus

Quote:
I didn't really like the idea of the Teron motherboards either, but at least it runs AmigaOS,

Teron mobo first ran Linux, then later Amiga OS4. New Commodore Amiga series from CommodoreUSA will first run Linux (COS 1.x) and then we shall see what COS 2.x series is based on. That is what I've been trying to point out, COS 2.x is the key OS for long term survival. That is why the trolls have been ignoring it and focus on COS 1.x which is Linux, just like what was the first OS released on AmigaOne and most likely AmigaOne X1000. Why are those systems getting a pass with zero custom chipsets yet C=USA's Commodore Amigas are being fried even though the hardware specs have yet to be specified? That seems to me we are dealing with is a double standard.

What really amazes me is the amount of noise being posted by the trolls have no effect on sales. I will point to the sales of the Commodore C64x even with harsh words said on AWN/AO and other "Amiga" community sites. Why in the world do the trolls think they are going to affect C=USA sales of their upcoming Commodore Amiga series in the big picture?

vox 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:30:19
#67 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Quote:

eliyahu wrote:
@eXec

please, guys. i don't mind fighting about amigas, but bringing rastafarianism into this discussion is just way out there. i'm just amazed there is one in the balkans; well, i mean someone who is a native serb.

by the way, he's a social worker?

-- eliyahu

Rastafar is my religion, deal with it.
Yes, people of all creeds and nations are most welcome, as it is now worldwide movement.

By the way, yes I&I am social worker and educator of social workers,
holding magister of sciences degree.

eXec 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:31:56
#68 ]
Cult Member

@vox

Quote:

@exec

No, you have started (and continue) agressive CUSA propaganda here.

Initially, I&I wrote to CUSA asking about time when their product will be avail,
wishing them luck, asking that they only include realistic Amiga history (e.g. information that AmigaOS 4.x exists). Never got even a reply,

Soon bashing AROS, OSNews, AmigaOS 4 ... by CUSA fanboys as well as YouTube trolling CUSA is a real Amiga has brought up resitsance. Well deserved.

Distinguish cause and effect.

Yes, I&I might even visit USA, if needed. Too sad there is not enough bussines moral conduct code and rules that would make bussiness liable for their announcements and promises.

Lies from you. As usual.

vox 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:33:40
#69 ]
Elite Member

@damocles

Quote:

damocles wrote:
@Daedalus

Quote:
I didn't really like the idea of the Teron motherboards either, but at least it runs AmigaOS,

Teron mobo first ran Linux, then later Amiga OS4. New Commodore Amiga series from CommodoreUSA will first run Linux (COS 1.x) and then we shall see what COS 2.x series is based on. That is what I've been trying to point out, COS 2.x is the key OS for long term survival. That is why the trolls have been ignoring it and focus on COS 1.x which is Linux, just like what was the first OS released on AmigaOne and most likely AmigaOne X1000. Why are those systems getting a pass with zero custom chipsets yet C=USA's Commodore Amigas are being fried even though the hardware specs have yet to be specified? That seems to me we are dealing with is a double standard.

What really amazes me is the amount of noise being posted by the trolls have no effect on sales. I will point to the sales of the Commodore C64x even with harsh words said on AWN/AO and other "Amiga" community sites. Why in the world do the trolls think they are going to affect C=USA sales of their upcoming Commodore Amiga series in the big picture?

And where are any expected features and specs of both?

Comparison is no good, as Terron was shipped with Linux with soon betas of AOS 4.x which will be COS 1.x in your case.

Yes, everything is board these days, but since AmigaOS went PPC only PPC boards can`t run it. Your board currently can`t even run AROS, if I&I understand that well. That is a major difference, since beside the TABLETS these will be first "Amiga" products that can`t run AmigaOS or don`t have anything to do with it,

That is why no one serious considers CUSA is an Amiga company.

There are no known figures on Cx64 sales. I&I have interest in how they will do in 1 year time, first yes, there will be a boom for sure.

vox 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:35:45
#70 ]
Elite Member

@eXec
Quote:
Lies from you. As usual.

CUSA tells me that I&I know no truth,

Interesting, when bully pretends to be a victim
and liar to be truth holder.

eliyahu 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:39:35
#71 ]

@vox

Quote:

vox wrote:
@eliyahu

[quote]Rastafar is my religion, deal with it.
Yes, people of all creeds and nations are most welcome, as it is now worldwide movement.

By the way, yes I&I am social worker and educator of social workers,
holding magister of sciences degree.

steady on, mate. i wasn't trying to be insulting. i'm genuinely interested in how the religion has spread so far afield, including to your region. and i didn't know you were a social worker, which is why i asked for clarification.

you can call yourself anything you please. it doesn't bother me in the slightest. i'm just interested in the origins of the usage of the term in question, especially since you didn't use it until relatively recently.

-- eliyahu

TheDaddy 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:44:15
#72 ]
Elite Member

@damocles

Hey there you are, I have been looking for your posts, they always make so much fun to read.

>>New Commodore Amiga series from CommodoreUSA will first run Linux (COS 1.x)

So you have renamed Linux to COS 1.x, does the word Linux offend you?

>>and then we shall see what COS 2.x series is based on.

Why wait? Don't you know already? You don't know what the next COS will be based on? Awesome! What do you have to wait for? A new Linux distro?

>>survival.

You've got that right!

>>That is why the trolls have been ignoring it and focus on COS 1.x which is Linux

Why concentrate on something that DOESN'T exist?! Weird!

>> Why are those systems getting a pass with zero custom chipsets yet C=USA's Commodore Amigas are being fried even though the hardware specs have yet to be specified?

We are frying the C64x at the moment, but the machines you talk about with zero custom chipset aren't that different from your x86 motherobard, do you have a custom chipset? No. At least those "machines with no custom chipset" run AmigaOS which to many still is more than your Linux based x86.

But the main reasons are here, I have told you but probably forgot to read post 27:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=33860&forum=17&start=20&viewmode=flat&order=0

>>That seems to me we are dealing with is a double standard.

Oh I don't think so.

>>What really amazes me is the amount of noise being posted by the trolls have no effect on sales. I will point to the sales of the Commodore C64x even with harsh words said on AWN/AO and other "Amiga" community sites. Why in the world do the trolls think they are going to affect C=USA sales of their upcoming Commodore Amiga series in the big picture?

There is no sales to affect (I believe is the word you are looking for).

But if that isn't a problem why are you here to defend it against us trolls?

jas_mc 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:46:32
#73 ]

@vox

You've misunderstood that quote from Wikipedia. Cashmore is talking about when Rastafarians use "I and I" to mean "us", "we" - not "I" or "me.

When he says, "the oneness of two persons", the other person isn't Jah, it's another human. The idea is that all people are one because Jah is in all people, so when you refer to another person, you call them "I" as well. So if you say "I and I is walking to the park," it means we are walking to the park.

Rastafarians do use "I" where "me" would be considered correct in standard English - e.g., "look at I". But using "I and I" to refer simply to yourself is not the original or main usage in the Rastafarian faith (although it is used that way too).

Either way, it's jarring when it comes up in these kinds of discussions, because what does it matter which company is using what trademark when we're all one under Jah?

Maybe I and I should put our differences aside and just use the computers we like, under any name. Maybe all computers are one under Amiga

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:47:48
#74 ]

@TheDaddy

Quote:
No. At least those "machines with no custom chipset" run AmigaOS which to many still is more than your Linux based x86.

I prefer Linux to OS4 or MOS or AROS. So do the rest of the C=USA customers. If at any point in the future one of these OSes makes a true step to the future, ditches the ridiculous OS 3.x dependability and compatibility, than we can talk. Until then, Linux please...

Last edited by WolfToTheMoon on 26-Jun-2011 at 04:48 PM.

vox 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:47:58
#75 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

People will let you know that I&I has been using it quite a while.

There`s a MooBunny page about it.

You will find answer in other thread.

One in all, people come first, and those who do everything just for the profit,
are false believers paper will bring em good. One that wins with most of stuff
certainly doesn`t win. And retro exploit falls right there.

I&I loveD the spirit of innovation and difference, and AM willing to pay more (even coming from relativly poor country) for comfort being part of something different, more user friendly.

Since my first PC I&I consider myself "on temporarily work" on x86 / Windows.

jas_mc 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:49:29
#76 ]

@BillE

Quote:
I see *that* explains it, superstitious crap. Please write in normal English. Don't bring religion into threads where it is not applicable. I find that offensive to my aetheist views !

Your atheist views are offensive to my atheist views. Please stop giving the rest of us a bad name.

vox 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:51:40
#77 ]
Elite Member

@jas_mc

Trust I&I, I&I used to express oness with Jah, not "me and you" or "you and you",
even it can rarely be used in such sense.

Well, such trademark abuse can certanly be regarded as Babylon or corruption caused by individuals to have small benefit on exploiting mass of people.

Yes, maybe all computers will be one one day, but computers are ment to be used by people that should have control over them, and that is where "Amiga zen" equalizes with some values of "One love, One God, one Destiny".

Thank you for discussion which should be joking with Rastafari.
But nevermind, you might learn something.

asymetrix 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:54:30
#78 ]
Cult Member

@thread

At first I was upset, I guess I just followed the angry crowd that shouted so many things, like its not genuine, fake, sacrilidge, its not Amiga etc.

Now I think its a very good idea and could help Amiga too !

Just by looking at their production facilities and case designs, CUSA is a serious company that does indeed have the marketing $$ to make it happen and experience for mass market production in a scale, much, much bigger than current AmigaOne systems.

By advertising Commodore, it increases Commodore Amiga brand awarness, thats how it helps us.

Users buying a nice retro computer who play c64 games would later want to play Amiga games too !

I always wanted an easy way to play C64 games on windows systems, straight away from boot up to a menu. This would be interesting !

Future possibilities :

Cloanto Amiga system would be great system
AROS system

Now if CUSA succeeds and creates a few $$ they could pay Hyperion for an x86 port of Amiga OS 4.x for their new Amiga case systems.

Any company that likes these custom cases, eg the Amiga cases, could create NEW A500/A600/A4000s with the minimig/natami board inside !

Even use the Wishbone Amiga OCS system
http://tinyurl.com/66mkzcd

We could finally increase Classic systems, even midi tower classics with GFX cards
Amigoid Classic II systems

Maybe we should have a custom case design competition - who can create the best future Amiga cases !

Even in future license a Natami SuperAGA GFX chip for a card for 2D/3D and classic compatibility !

We should be supporting, not hindering similar Amigoid or Commodore projects.

Last edited by asymetrix on 26-Jun-2011 at 04:58 PM.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:54:47
#79 ]
Elite Member

@WolfToTheMoon

>>I prefer Linux to OS4 or MOS or AROS. So do the rest of the C=USA customers. If at any point in the future one of these OSes makes a true step to the future, ditches the ridiculous OS 3.x dependability and compatibility, than we can talk. Until then, Linux please...

A true step to the future, I like that, please shed light on us as we don't know which steps to take towards the future.

Brilliant!

Oh I nearly forgot, are any of these motherboards the right step towards the future?

BillE 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 16:55:44
#80 ]

@vox

Quote:
Rastafar is my religion, deal with it.

I have no objection to your religious views as long as you keep them on topic and not expect everyone else to unserstand or even believe them.

I was not knocking YOUR relgion BTW, I regard ALL religions as superstitious crap. I have no objection to others believing unsubstantaited nonsense but I do object when they thrust their religion onto others in places where it has NO relevance.

We aetheists do not continually insist on others not believing.

Please cut the I&I garbage and get to the point about CUSA being a bunch of scammers trying to sell cheap PCs as Amigas when they won't even run Amiga OS or a variation of Amiga OS. That we ALL agree on. Just keep religion out of it, it has no relevance to Amiga related threads.

Feel free to discuss Rastafarianism in Free for All but not other fora.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle