Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 116 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

amigakit

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  1 min ago
 OneTimer1:  7 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  10 mins ago
 kolla:  22 mins ago
 Gunnar:  26 mins ago
 Comi:  52 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 46 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Evert Carton speaks About Cooperation
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Franko 
Re: Evert Carton speaks
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 12:24:56
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Yo

I like Moo... it's a place where I can go to help the bewildered and see how their therapy is coming along...

Make a post on Moo saying the exact opposite of what the person your replying to has just said and if you get ignored or a sane answer back then you know their therapy sessions are working, if you get death threats or accused of being gay then you know they need a few more sessions before they can return to society (under supervision of course)...

PS: Like most things in life, I don't like gardening, aint a big telly fan, can't stand Footy and Golf is almost as boring as Cricket, I don't even have a Sofa in the lounge as the lounge is still full of building materials but I reckon if I did have a sofa I probably wouldn't be too pleased with that either...

Oh yeah... I cant abide waffles either (give me the dry boak so they they do)...

I do like Scotch Pancakes though but there never seems to be an option for that here and I won't make do with second best plain old ordinary Pancakes either...

Still, none of this answers my initial question of What's This All Aboot ???

PPS: I did like something once (I think) but I can't for the life of me recall what it was... oh well... I'll let you know if I do remember... (pretty sure it wasn't green though)...

Profile     Report this post  
tomazkid 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 12:50:00
#22 ]
Team Member

@Rudei

[quote]
Rudei wrote:
@number6

I'm sorry, but wtf?

Rude!
[/quote

]outtakes from this thread

jorit2 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 12:53:50
#23 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

You really seem not to believe it, whether I am the one I claim to be ...

As a, granted, somewhat weak proof of identity, let me show you like this:

The URL of the image, the "movieshot" = http://www.letshavealook.info/antz/antz_closing_scene.png

Now do a whois-search on the domain letshavealook.info ...

Also, when I quit, I have explained why the jorit2 account ...
At first, there was a jorit account without the 2, but that account was linked to an hyperion-entertainment email address and I had lost the password for that one ...

Last edited by jorit2 on 06-Apr-2013 at 01:37 PM.

vox 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 12:56:05
#24 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
@Daedalus [quote] So the problem won't be that someone "stole" the name we are all fond of, but that our rants will be reduced to what they really are: un-influential, pointless little complaints from a little, microscopic community over the IT world.

Yes, we are the microscopic IT community in todays world.
Maybe when we ruled the market in home computer era, we were the big thing, but again Internet and gaming era has driven computers to more homes then what we could call "home computer era", even all basic multimedia and most of communication and OS paradigms were defined at that time. So, even if we were few millions as in that time, it would still be less microscopic, but little.

While call for unity was great, that was exactly what C=USA wasn`t about. It was about mentioned ego and greed, trying to play just on recognition of Amiga and Commodore names. That alone without real innovation and combined with high prices in comparable big picture market, just wasn`t enough to make a success.

Even C=USA downfall is now ultimately linked with death of its founder,
it just came before: simply their products didn`t make enough sales not to be also microsphopic in today community, let alone first wave of fake campaign that "Commodore is back" that generated interest.

In simplest form people do compare value for money + some innovation if offered and C=USA offer just wasnt that. Limited success of their C64x model, best sold I presume, was just because it had all in one quality case that wasn`t otherwise avail on market. But this kind of all in one computer concept brought many limits in expandability and performance ratio combined for same bucks desktop, as well as greed as high profit margin (e.g. they could profit only on case, not on components making it more affordable). Also active aid in software development of really unique distribution, like Mint is, making some Linux Mint Commodore Special Edition with AROS virtual box and Amiga Forever (but helping real Linux developers develop Linux) and really praising the open community and helping them, was unused driver.

We could all learn some lessons from failure. As well as maybe to promote your own way, but not to bash other similar or in some form competitive solutions (our Amiga OS`s at least competing in name and heritage) would grant less resistance and more support.

So that is how someone somehow missed to be a queen with help of ants.

Similar can be applied to many past Amiga comeback stories ...

So the ants are there to help, when will the queens learn? :)

Or they might be THE ZERG QUEENS not the Ant ones

Completely opposite example of existence of mutual goal were
Viva Amiga movie kickstarter and Directory Opus Magellan open sourcing that were contributed by all, with lot of joy, enthusiasm and pride.

If people feel that goal (queen) is good everyone is willing to contribute.
So depends also who-what queen is.

Last edited by vox on 06-Apr-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 13:04:41
#25 ]
Elite Member

@tomazkid

Quote:

tomazkid wrote:

]outtakes from this thread

Ah so that explains it (partially)...

@ Number6

Why couldn't you have posted that in the first place... your standards are slipping...

@ Anyone Whom It May Concern

Just a thought, as that is obviously a thread that was about CUSA's fake "Workbench 5" and someone trying to nick the nicked CUSA "Workbench 5" name from then to use with "AROS", does this now mean we are free to take selective posts from old CUSA threads and put em here on the front page under the guise that they are somehow interesting ???

number6 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 13:09:30
#26 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
Why couldn't you have posted that in the first place... your standards are slipping...

Because the thread had been moved off the front page.
Linking back to it -after- that might have been seen as me having an agenda, which I do not. Plenty of users have started threads about cooperation and Evert, as any other user, deserved those same rights.

Staff linking to the thread was more appropriate.

persia 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 13:22:11
#27 ]

@number6

[

Last edited by persia on 06-Apr-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Yo 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 13:30:00
#28 ]
Team Member

@persia

Quote:

persia wrote:
@number6

[

Absolutely. I agree totally and couldn't have put it better myself. Very succinct.

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

number6 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 13:30:02
#29 ]
Elite Member

@persia

Frankly I don't know how to respond to that bracket. Heh.

wawa 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 13:34:08
#30 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
Evert Carton? Do you really know he is? Do you have his telephone number? Address?

questioning the true identity of the poster, considering what he apparently has to say and that it is heavily backed up by his former position at hyperion, is of course justified, but... what if he really is evert?

also i think demanding a phone number is a litte much to expect.

persia 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 13:40:11
#31 ]

@number6

My signature from A.o wished to make a comment to this thread.

Last edited by persia on 06-Apr-2013 at 01:41 PM.

tomazkid 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 13:42:33
#32 ]
Team Member

@persia

Doh, now I need to DDT my screen

wawa 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 13:54:55
#33 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaBlitter

Quote:
cooperation is good! Please, change the title as suggested.

yes, it is good, but just talking about it is a waste of time. we had treads about it, even some started by yourself. as i said, we have no power to impose cooperation on the different antagonized parties here. what we can do is to cooperate on details, what happens partly, but it neither needs big words nor much general talk any way.

if you what to contribute to cooperation i would start with reconsidering own position and choices. as i said it already elsewhere, im my personal case, i made two coices:
1. to stay with genuine amiga (68k) and its api as this is most legitimetate and biggest common good, a meeting groud for us all, and related software contributes to all our systems.
2. continue with aros, because beyond what it is as such (an open and extended implementation of amiga design ideas on hardware your choice) it is a foundation that is ensured to stay and remain freely accessible, regardless of actions of individuals. this foundation may be and is used for common good and benefit of alternative solutions, as open collaboration with morphos team and individual os4 contributors well documents.

for me these both choices cover both apects of amiga im interested in, legacy and whatever future is open to it. i dont say these are necessarily the chioces that others need to follow, but i think they are logical ones, and therefore the explanation.

edit: also i oppose changing the thread title, because the subject here is really, what evert had to tell us!

Last edited by wawa on 06-Apr-2013 at 02:08 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 13:56:04
#34 ]
Elite Member

@persia

there are too few, let them come!

Last edited by wawa on 06-Apr-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 14:18:12
#35 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:

wawa wrote:

questioning the true identity of the poster, considering what he apparently has to say and that it is heavily backed up by his former position at hyperion, is of course justified, but... what if he really is evert?

also i think demanding a phone number is a litte much to expect.

SORRY THIS IS A VERY LONG POST BUT I REALLY HOPE EVERYONE WILL TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT...

I don't suppose it actually matter whether or not "jorit2" is this Evert Carton fella...

I'm seriously beginning to genuinely question the sanity of a lot of members here on Aw.net especially after the posts of the past few days (not me though, I know exactly where my level of sanity is)...

Honestly, think about it and give it serious consideration for just one moment... who do you actually believe and does it really matter what either of them have to say...

Ben Hermans has proven in the past couple of days that he's the type of person who has a hairy fit and throws all the toys out of the pram when people dare to question him then storms off in a cream puff... Nothing particularly new or earth shattering in that as the never ending questions to him or Hyperion about the "net book" have always gone unanswered right up until he slammed the door the other day and stormed off...

Evert Carton (someone I only learned about the other day) is from the short few posts of his that I have read, a disgruntled former employee or partner of Mr Hermans/ Hyperion. Mr Evert has made it clear and obvious there is no love lost on his part for either Ben Hermans or Hyperion...

Nothing I have said there about either party is untrue, disrespectful or even a lie...

Here's the thing though. Without solid proof/ evidence being given from either party all you have are some posts on a forum giving two very different points of views and accounts of things that are supposed to have happened, from two individuals whom are both disgruntled about each other and various things relating to one another...

Ergo... does it matter what either has to say and why should you believe either one let alone allow it to matter what either of them has to say (especially without evidence)...

One is a former member of said company who has walked away from that company but is still obviously left feeling bitter about his experience, so his words should have no affect or concern over the current situation of that company...

The other still runs/ owns that company but has proven by his own words and actions that he's hardly professional in his attitude towards business nor to his customers but has made it clear that he will continue with said company basically no matter what as he's "invested" too much money and time in it and will obviously stick with it till the end... (which means that OS4 will obviously continue)...

So why on earth all the interest & hoo hah in the "he says, she says" nonsense when it's nothing more than the words of two obviously disgruntled individuals, with neither supplying conclusive poof to back up their claims they make here but more importantly, if you are an OS4 fan/ supporter it is clear that Hyperion aren't going to suddenly drop it and will continue producing OS4 as long as they have all that money invested in it...

Honestly stop and consider what I have just said for a minute and ask yourself does any of this nonsense really matter or affect your enjoyment of being an OS4 Amiga user...

jorit2 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 14:44:59
#36 ]

@Franko

Franko wrote:
Quote:
Evert Carton (someone I only learned about the other day) is from the short few posts of his that I have read, a disgruntled former employee or partner of Mr Hermans/ Hyperion. Mr Evert has made it clear and obvious there is no love lost on his part for either Ben Hermans or Hyperion...

Thank you Franko ...

But I'm not nearly as disgruntled as you make it sound. Granted, there's no love lost, that's plain obvious, but other than that I really, genuinely wish for them, Hyperion, with or without A-EON, to succeed in whatever they want to achieve.

Their ideas and my ideas are not aligned and I stepped out.

But I didn't like it, to put it mildly when Mr Hermans, not the tea lady or the janitor, started bullying off friends of mine, in public, so I stepped to their defense, in the same forum as where the initial bullying had taken place, in other words, also in public.

Last edited by jorit2 on 06-Apr-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Last edited by jorit2 on 06-Apr-2013 at 02:57 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 15:19:14
#37 ]
Elite Member

@jorit2

Quote:
started bullying off friends of mine

ermm,i dont quite follow.. what friends? that thread is now unreadable and its hard to understand whom you mean.. ch. gutjahr?

cgutjahr 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 15:33:53
#38 ]
Cult Member

@wawa

Quote:

hard to understand whom you mean.. ch. gutjahr?

No he certainly doesn't mean me. I tried to get in touch with him once, to make an interview. I was told I could get said interview - but while it would be attributed to him, the answers wouldn't be written by him. Obviously, I wasn't given Evert's e-mail either.

I simply assumed Evert was as insane as they guy describing how the interview would work, so I sort of lost interest in getting in touch with him.

wawa 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 15:43:27
#39 ]
Elite Member

@cgutjahr
wow! insane!..
edit:
ok, sorry for mistake. ive now been told who it was. lets consider it a non issue.

Last edited by wawa on 06-Apr-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 16:03:58
#40 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:

wawa wrote:
@cgutjahr
wow! insane!..
edit:
ok, sorry for mistake. ive now been told who it was. lets consider it a non issue.

Eek... are you hearing voices now...

Seriously... hope that whomever told you "who it was" provided you with enough proof/ evidence to confirm who they are...

Again though... it all comes back to what I keep saying... does it really, I mean really honestly matter what anyone in all of this has to say about anything...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle