Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 123 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  11 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  17 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  20 mins ago
 kolla:  32 mins ago
 Gunnar:  36 mins ago
 Comi:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 48 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 54 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 56 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  amiwest news
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
SACC-dude 
Re: amiwest news
Posted on 1-Nov-2013 23:23:48
#341 ]

@Comi

The guy who does the videos id just a guy... not a paid video pro

He goes home and releases them as he has time form work and family

everyone forgets AmiWest is a volunteer run weekend mostly SACC members, some other amiga friends.

Every one just relax!

There is no grand conspiiracy... really

M

Profile     Report this post  
Comi 
Posted on 1-Nov-2013 23:49:04
#342 ]
Cult Member

@SACC-dude

Grand conspiracy need something big... Solie presentation of OS4 news isn't

Only strange thing is that, second presentation (OS4 )wich is held on day one ( just after A-Eon) only missing...
All other are on youtube, day after show..
So I prise efforts of filming, but delaying S.Solie video just like 2012 is funny thing..
I don't blame a person that filming that, I don' blame SSolie (he is just a Amigan with hard task - to present a policy of Hyperion's menagment)

This is a little conspiracy, bay the way... to hold video for long he can .. let's say for couple of days ..until Alchimie show in France and some news or driver update..or new Trevor blog...
Reason...He do a presentation last year after all in community are know that somthigs wrong with notebook.. This year he officialy confirm that... and OS4.2 is too slow with development.. no big news...so that it.
I am relaxed.

Darrin 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 0:15:06
#343 ]
Team Member

@Comi

Quote:

Comi wrote:

Grand conspiracy need something big... Solie presentation of OS4 news isn't

Strange that YOU want to make something big out of it though.

It is starting to get very tiring reading the little snipes at the team behind OS4 and the AmigaOne models (and I'm not just picking on you here).

If you've got nothing better to do then why not power up your computer and write us a killer app. Meanwhile, the people who release videos will do so in their own good time and they're under no obligation to release anything. If you're that interested in OS4 development then try turning up in person for the presentation and then raise your hand and politely ask questions at the end of it.

I've got an X1000 and I'm happy watching the OS develop at whatever pace the team manages to achieve on their limited resources. For everything my X1000 doesn't do, I have a laptop. I didn't buy it expecting it to completely replace my PC, I bought it to support development and I'm glad I bought it. I've had no reason to power up a "classic" machine or WinUAE since I took delivery of it. I just with I had more time to use it.

realize 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 0:42:40
#344 ]

@Darrin

Quote:
It is starting to get very tiring reading the little snipes at the team behind OS4 and the AmigaOne models (and I'm not just picking on you here).

You're getting tired of the snipes? Alot of the community is tired of bogus announcements and false hopes and false promises. Its wearing real thin.

That being said, I'm very happy to say that for the first time in a few years the os4 team has somewhat of a stated roadmap and release plan.

All we want is HONEST REALISTIC representations of development for now and the future.

Darrin 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 0:48:22
#345 ]
Team Member

@realize

Yes, it would be nice, but anyone who knows anything about running a small business will tell you that the goalposts are constantly moving.

Any "honest" roadmap issued will change, and any changes will be jumped on and ripped apart by those with an agenda. So why bother even issuing a roadmap? "When it is done" is the only honest answer we can expect from any of the factions.

mbrantley 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 1:49:09
#346 ]
Cult Member

@Comi

Don't you read? Bill, who put the early videos up based on his streaming live from the show, already said he failed to hit the record button on Solie's remarks. Robert, who is now putting up the second batch of videos from HIS cameras at the show, is kindly giving of his own time to process and post the videos. And Robert has said Solie's video is next in line -- same order it happened at the show.

Just relax. You'll get to watch the video soon enough.

RobertB 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 4:00:31
#347 ]

SACC-dude wrote:
Quote:
The guy who does the videos is just a guy... not a paid video pro

Well, one day if I ever get paid, that would turn me into a professional, instead of an amateur. :)
Quote:
He goes home and releases them as he has time form work and family

Heh, I've been editing a Warp 11 video and doing grades at the same time. :)

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug

RobertB 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 4:07:30
#348 ]

Comi wrote:
Quote:
This is a little conspiracy, bay the way... to hold video for long he can .. let's say for couple of days ..until Alchimie show in France and some news or driver update..or new Trevor blog...

Oooo, a conspiracy! How exciting! I need a little bit of that in my hum-drum life. :)

Too bad I have dial-up at my house. I have to farm out the videos to BIOS (who has high-speed Internet). And it takes awhile for him/her to receive the video (think postal mail) and have it uploaded.

And the Steve Solie video has been posted. See http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38358&forum=2&0

Next up... Jason's presentation on video to be edited and processed.

Now back to grades,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug

realize 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 8:04:45
#349 ]

About the conspiracy stuff: anyone who knows robert b would laugh at that. this guy is the most altruistic amiga guy i've ever met. (bill p of aorg is close)

@ darrin

"when its done" is the worst possible thing for the community. very clearly defined road map is the way to go. Actually in light of recent revelations of os4 development i think the best thing that would happen is open source the os.

cha05e90 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 9:56:40
#350 ]

@realize

Quote:
"when its done" is the worst possible thing for the community

Thank god that I'm not part of this community - so I've no problem with "when it's done" announcements...

vox 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 10:32:20
#351 ]
Elite Member

@Darrin

Quote:

Dear Darrin, its not just nagging, its big deal.

Nothing gets done first completely, so nothing is really done deal.

If I may say so from my poor outcast position, what any
other company would do:

- Complete 3D drivers and SATA driver SAM460
or ship it just with Radeon 9250 (Radeon 4000-5000HD series if you like)
- Complete 3D support, onboard ethernet, card driver for X1000
or ship it just with Radeon 9250 (Radeon 6000-7000HD series if you like)
- Complete X1000 CFE update to read FAT32/EXT4
- Fix the hard reset bug X1000
- Complete TW and NTFS driver
- Beta test Cyrus
- 4.1.7 round up
- All power to OS 4.2

We know all these are parallells we no set dates which will result
that most of this will be back for Amiwest 2014 apologies

Last edited by vox on 02-Nov-2013 at 10:37 AM.

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 10:39:51
#352 ]

@vox

Vox, you expect to much from Hyperion. I realize that you just spent 3000+ euros for a OS4 machine, but your expectations are way off...
There simply isn't enough manpower or money to do all those things and this is what sceptics have been telling for years now. You chose to believe to Hyperion's hype and this is the end result of that. Next time, think befor you jump.

Seiya 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 10:52:05
#353 ]

@WolfToTheMoon

but that company has made clear announce before to sell AmigaOne X1000 and many users has jumped assured that all the promises were kept: AmigaOne X1000 with OS4.2 and Gallium 3D.

Now istead they announce X2000 ad not yet OS4.2 and not yet GAllium 3D

1) They announced that Gallium 3D is a feature of OS4.2
2) Now OS4.2 will be released only when Gallium3D is ready

it's a lot different...

Last edited by Seiya on 02-Nov-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Last edited by Seiya on 02-Nov-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Last edited by Seiya on 02-Nov-2013 at 10:53 AM.

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 11:14:11
#354 ]

@Seiya

that is all true, but it has been pretty obvious for quite some time now that they will fail to meet those promises.

OlafS25 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 11:30:43
#355 ]
Elite Member

@Seiya

there will be 4.2. certainly somewhen because X1000 buyers have already paid for it (otherwise Hyperion would have to pay back money to a-eon I would assume but I do not know the contract between Trevor and Ben H. of course). The other users (SAM...) have nothing paid so they cannot do anything about it. They can only seriously consider using one of the alternatives and express that intention, that would create pressure on the responsible persons because they would end without a market for their paid update.

Regarding X1000 owners, is there anything officially written that they paid for update to 4.2. when they bought the hardware or just promised?

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 11:31:57
#356 ]

@OlafS25

IIRC, only First Contact buyers were issued a free OS 4.2 upgrade.

OlafS25 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 11:38:00
#357 ]
Elite Member

@vox

Nothing of the problems/limitations were unknown when you bought the hardware. Perhaps you were too optmistic but it would have been better to wait or buy one of the cheaper options. The resources of Hyperion are obviously very limited so they will propably invest it in first case where they can earn money (sell new licenses) and that would be supporting Cyrus. In opposite to AROS devs or MorphOS team they want to make money with it. So do not expect the other features implemented anytime soon(including Gallium or SMP) except a third-party developer would do it (like with the Radeon drivers).

OlafS25 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 11:39:48
#358 ]
Elite Member

@WolfToTheMoon

that were 50-100 users? Then bad luck for the rest... the others have no chance to do anything about it. "Expectations" or "hopes" are no legal terms. Ben H. is a attorney (as far as I know) and certainly has made good contracts that avoid being sued.

Last edited by OlafS25 on 02-Nov-2013 at 11:52 AM.

netrot 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 12:19:51
#359 ]

@WolfToTheMoon

@#$%&*! (profanity edited out by moderator, keep the forums clear of vulgar language, or face the consequences of being temporarily banned from posting until you learn that such language is not tolerated here)
better go and inform you before posting such things...

Last edited by amigadave on 02-Nov-2013 at 01:03 PM.

terminills 
Posted on 2-Nov-2013 12:24:00
#360 ]
AROS Core Developer

@netrot

http://blog.hyperion-entertainment.biz/?p=580

"All “First Contact” customers will be provided with their own unique AmigaOS 4.2 serial number via email. This serial number entitles them to free support via Hyperion’s support forum as well as access to any new drivers and updates via the main site."

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle