Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6078 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
Home
Features
News
Forums
Classifieds
Links
Downloads
Extras
OS4 Zone
IRC Network
AmigaWorld Radio
Newsfeed
Top Members
Amiga Dealers
Information
About Us
FAQs
Advertise
Polls
Terms of Service
Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
47 crawler(s) on-line.
 24 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.


 ferrels

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 ferrels:  19 secs ago
 Akiko:  21 mins ago
 BigD:  35 mins ago
 terminills:  43 mins ago
 datura:  57 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 bison:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 mritter0:  2 hrs 11 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Hillbillylitre 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 17:14:56
#21 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 4-Apr-2015
Posts: 270
From: Unknown

Quote:

Overflow wrote:
@Hillbillylitre

Whats called what, be it "amiga" or "doll" isnt really intresting as long as the computeruser/collector have fun using xyz equipment.

How can it be fun to use a lousy PC where the manufacturer has replaced the X86 CPU with a ppc CPU?

As I said there is ppc Linux but running linux on that **** is almost as bad as AOS4. I really don't get it because the only thing you get buying those expensive weird ppc PC computers almost nobody else already have is a half-working OS.

_________________
Using: One Commodore C64 - One Commodore Amiga 500 - One Commodore Amiga 1200 with BVision and Blizzard 68060 with PPC coprocessor running Amiga DOS - One Hellbillylitre Amigatwox86x64x6000x running Windows7

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Hypex 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 17:30:15
#22 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 6-May-2007
Posts: 10574
From: Greensborough, Australia

@Hillbillylitre

Quote:
Whats the point actually, an insanely expensive overpriced PPC Linux box because AOS4 have no SW and can not utilize the hardware resources?


Do you know this for certain because you have used the X5000 series?

Is it really made for Linux? I've never used an AmigaOne machine for Linux that boots as easily as a PC so how could it be a Linux box?

What do you mean OS4 has no software? So now you are running OS4 and have no software. Maybe you should go out and look! Instead of carrying that narrow vision of OS4 around.

Quote:
At least you don't need a magnifying glass to see its fake Amiga


I have no hang ups with the name AmigaOne. Amiga is the 7", AmigaOne is the 12". No remix is perfect. I didn't see anyone get confused in the PC world by Alt Del for BIOS and Ctrl Alt Del for reset. Otherwise people would say they want to bring up the BIOS, not reset the BIOS. Or they wanted to reset Windows, not bring up a BIOS screen on Windows.

Quote:
Okay, even a wooden stick could be a doll but not the real doll


Not even the first dolls? That looks like a voodoo doll. With a woody. Your doll is rude. Burn it!

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Hypex 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 17:33:38
#23 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 6-May-2007
Posts: 10574
From: Greensborough, Australia

@WhatsIsName

That sounds convenient. Is Hillbillylitre your brother? Will I see WhatsAName next?

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
WhatsIsName 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 17:38:39
#24 ]
Member
Joined: 7-Apr-2015
Posts: 23
From: Unknown

@Hypex

Quote:

Hypex wrote:
@WhatsIsName

That sounds convenient. Is Hillbillylitre your brother? Will I see WhatsAName next?


"Hypex" eh !!!

That sounds convenient. Is "HYPErion" your sister perchance ???

Will I see "HypedUpOnOS4" next ???...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Trewq 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 18:05:50
#25 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 1-Jun-2012
Posts: 205
From: Unknown

@WhatsIsName

Failing to be an smartass again franko ?
Too bad about Moo Bunny mate, it was a nice place for all of you social rejects.

Quote:
Main thing being an AmigaOne is quite simply NOT an Amiga and never has been & never will be (whether you like to call it that or not)...



it does everything an Commodore Amiga does, aside from the OCS chipset.
I can call it an Amiga, I've never said that it was an actual 68k Amiga, as in that both belong in the same line of hardware.


My James Bond logic isn't flawed, it doesn't matter which actor portrays Bond, it will always be a James Bond movie, where's the flaw ?

I have a machine with a Amiga CPU, runs the Amiga operating system and runs Amiga programs which doesn't even aim to be system friendly such as the boing ball demo.

Same characteristics as an PowerPC equipped Amiga,
now you're trying to outsmart me saying that a mini has the same characteristics as a Rolls ?
No shit sherlock, you know what, then an I7 PC has the same characteristics as an Commodore 64 if viewed as PC's, but hardware and software wise it doesn't.

Same goes for your cars, innards are different so different characteristics.



And for your question, I would sue them.

Luckly Acube and A-eon aren't doing something like that, naming their machines AmigaOne's and not Amiga's
So it is completely irrelevant.

P.S
I know that its you

cus you always

use

smileys to act

clever

and to make yourself

more secure

while in reality

You come off as trying too hard.



And for the mods, yes I have a short temper and I understand if you're going to ban me,
However I would appreciate you to premenatly ban those Moobunny trolls, there is no reasoning with them.

_________________
Best way to enjoy Amiga is without the community

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
OlafS25 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 18:27:34
#26 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 12-May-2010
Posts: 6082
From: Unknown

@Trewq

bad luck for you that moobunny was closed

if you are so convinced and happy why this thread?

BTW what is a "Amiga CPU"? Never heard of that...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Hillbillylitre 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 18:58:47
#27 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 4-Apr-2015
Posts: 270
From: Unknown

Quote:
Trewq wrote:
it does everything an Commodore Amiga does

No it doesn't.

You can always use a Universal Amiga Emulator in an operating system that actually works just like you have to do in AmigaOS4, although I doubt the emulator in AmigaOS4 is very updated.
Quote:
I can call it an Amiga, I've never said that it was an actual 68k Amiga, as in that both belong in the same line of hardware.

I can call my Windows PC an Amiga too although my Amiga PC has software and working properly. How about Amiga 1billion X?

_________________
Using: One Commodore C64 - One Commodore Amiga 500 - One Commodore Amiga 1200 with BVision and Blizzard 68060 with PPC coprocessor running Amiga DOS - One Hellbillylitre Amigatwox86x64x6000x running Windows7

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
outrun1978 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 19:04:56
#28 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 22-Feb-2015
Posts: 594
From: Unknown

Is there any demand for AmigaOS4 then?

Well I went out and bought a new Amigaone 500 and there was a delay in receiving mine at the start of the year due to the demand for them so yes there appears to be appetite for the OS4 product...... in fact if you go on ACube's website now they are down to their last on the current batch of sam460cr motherboards so if anyone is interested I'd get in there quick....

Having had the chance to get to grips with it over the past six weeks I would consider it an Amiga the same as the A1200 and CD32 I also own......

Reading these constant bitch fests from the haters of Hyperion and OS4 is a constant source of amusement I have to say....

_________________
Amigaone X5000/20 4GB Radeon RX 550 Polaris 12 AmigaOS4.1 Final Edition Update 1
Amiga 1200 Workbench 3.1.4
Amiga CD32

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
QuikSanz 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 19:06:22
#29 ]
Super Member
Joined: 28-Mar-2003
Posts: 1191
From: Harbor Gateway, Gardena, Ca.

@Hillbillylitre,

Look here troll. If you don't have anything constructive or nice to say, move along! Constructive criticism is fine but must be constructive, Get it? Take a walk!

Chris

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Hillbillylitre 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 19:23:32
#30 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 4-Apr-2015
Posts: 270
From: Unknown

Quote:
QuikSanz wrote:
@Hillbillylitre,

Look here troll. If you don't have anything constructive or nice to say, move along! Constructive criticism is fine but must be constructive, Get it? Take a walk!

Chris


It's constructive. As far as I can see this thread is posted in Amiga General Chat.

Do everything need to be constructive on your behalf only?

_________________
Using: One Commodore C64 - One Commodore Amiga 500 - One Commodore Amiga 1200 with BVision and Blizzard 68060 with PPC coprocessor running Amiga DOS - One Hellbillylitre Amigatwox86x64x6000x running Windows7

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
QuikSanz 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 19:31:30
#31 ]
Super Member
Joined: 28-Mar-2003
Posts: 1191
From: Harbor Gateway, Gardena, Ca.

We are no longer amused.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Trewq 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 19:32:38
#32 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 1-Jun-2012
Posts: 205
From: Unknown

@Hillbillylitre

You're mixed up constructive with destructive.

Quote:
As far as I can see this thread is posted in Amiga General Chat


That doesn't make sense. Is that a reason ? can't be..

Quote:
Do everything need to be destructive on your behalf only?


On nobody's behalf, ask the mods to delete your account already.

_________________
Best way to enjoy Amiga is without the community

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Framiga 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 19:37:26
#33 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 5-Jul-2003
Posts: 2213
From: Unknown

@Trewq

why are you feeding them?

_________________

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Hillbillylitre 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 20:01:11
#34 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 4-Apr-2015
Posts: 270
From: Unknown

@Trewq
Because I see your imaginary Amiga as what it really is?

You can not dream the day away like that. Wake up reality calls!

_________________
Using: One Commodore C64 - One Commodore Amiga 500 - One Commodore Amiga 1200 with BVision and Blizzard 68060 with PPC coprocessor running Amiga DOS - One Hellbillylitre Amigatwox86x64x6000x running Windows7

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
broadblues 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 20:01:59
#35 ]
Amiga Developer Team
Joined: 20-Jul-2004
Posts: 4429
From: Portsmouth England

@Framiga

My thoughts exactly!

Trewq please desist.

_________________
BroadBlues On Blues BroadBlues On Amiga Walker Broad

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
fishy_fis 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 20:18:49
#36 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Mar-2004
Posts: 2030
From: Australia

@Hillbillylitre

Rhetorical, but you do realize uae isn't needed to run Amiga software on OS4.x right?

Seriously guy, you should probably worry a bit more about your own sizable personal issues, and worry how others choose to spend their time and money a little less. Its far from normal to spend so much time and energy on something you have no interest in.

Being that your sole reason for joining aw.net this time around was to try and stir strangers (again, very freaking weird, but far be it for me to tell you how to focus your idiocy) you probably know that.

Anyway, keep it up, I look forward to your feigned outrage once you're banned. Always funny to watch people self destruct once they get what they want in these type of scenarios.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
klx300r 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 20:29:46
#37 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 4-Mar-2008
Posts: 3750
From: Toronto, Canada

@ Trewq

hmm arguing with 2 brand new user accounts here that just so happened to arrive right after the moo went down....so are you done fishing yet

_________________
____________________________
c64-2sids, A1000, A1200T-060@50(finally working!),A4000-CSMKIII
! My Master Miggies- Amiga 1000 & AmigaOne X1000 !
mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Hillbillylitre 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 20:54:18
#38 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 4-Apr-2015
Posts: 270
From: Unknown

Quote:
fishy_fis wrote:
@Hillbillylitre

Rhetorical, but you do realize uae isn't needed to run Amiga software on OS4.x right

But it is. At least around 99% of them.

If i search Amiga top 100 games the first three results before youtube gives me the following links:

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/votes_list.php
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/herman30/lists/my-top-100-amiga-games/46055/
http://www.warblade.as/feature01.html

Which of these games do not need an emulator to run on a PPC PC?

Last edited by Hillbillylitre on 11-Apr-2015 at 08:55 PM.

_________________
Using: One Commodore C64 - One Commodore Amiga 500 - One Commodore Amiga 1200 with BVision and Blizzard 68060 with PPC coprocessor running Amiga DOS - One Hellbillylitre Amigatwox86x64x6000x running Windows7

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
WhatsIsName 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 21:19:10
#39 ]
Member
Joined: 7-Apr-2015
Posts: 23
From: Unknown

@Trewq

@WhatsIsName

Quote:
Failing to be an smartass again franko ?

Nope, but I am enjoying watching you make a complete plonker of yourself...



Quote:
Too bad about Moo Bunny mate, it was a nice place for all of you social rejects.

"Too bad"... nah, best thing that could ever have happened to it...

Still it's nice to see not at all smartasses like yourself still have AW.net to freely post your fantasies and utter drivel on...




Quote:
it does everything an Commodore Amiga does, aside from the OCS chipset.

ROFLMAO
Oh dear more delusions, fantasies and lets be honest just downright lies. I'd love to see you selling your AmigaOne to someone making such a dishonest claim as that to them...



Quote:
I can call it an Amiga, I've never said that it was an actual 68k Amiga, as in that both belong in the same line of hardware.

I already commented on that bit, you should try actually reading things first before you burble on and repeat yourself...





Quote:
My James Bond logic isn't flawed, it doesn't matter which actor portrays Bond, it will always be a James Bond movie, where's the flaw ?


You aint very bright or not good at reading (maybe both, hard to tell) but go and get someone whom can read my post and comprehend English to explain to you exactly why your little "James Bond" analogy is indeed flawed when speaking in Amiga terms as I have proven for you already...



Quote:
I have a machine with a Amiga CPU,

WOW... that's amazing... where on earth did you get that from ???

Now that really must be something special and quite unique... you're the only person in the world claiming to have a CPU made by Amiga... must be worth a few bob on eBay that little rarity...


Quote:
runs the Amiga operating system and runs Amiga programs which doesn't even aim to be system friendly such as the boing ball demo.

That Mini I'd be happy to sell you runs on four wheels, turns corners, has a steering wheel and lots more besides just like a Rolls Royce... you sure you don't wanna buy it...



Quote:
Same characteristics as an PowerPC equipped Amiga,

What, in you mean like very, very little PPC specific software to run on it...



Quote:
now you're trying to outsmart me

Not "trying"... I already HAVE outsmarted you if that's the way you want to look at it... though personally I just see it all as differing points of view where my points of view are based on proven FACT & REALITY whereas yours aint...


Quote:
saying that a mini has the same characteristics as a Rolls ?

And it has indeed very many of the exact same characteristics as a Rolls, sadly for you there in Lalaland you like to try and deny it, it doesn't change the actual FACTS or REALITY of the matter...



Quote:
No shit sherlock,

C'mon my dear Watson, we all know you have been gibbering nothing but shit...


Quote:
you know what,

I do indeed...


Quote:
then an I7 PC has the same characteristics as an Commodore 64 if viewed as PC's, but hardware and software wise it doesn't.

Basically it does indeed... but again like I say you try selling a C64 to someone and claiming in your advertisement that it's actually an I7 PC and see what results you get...

Just like pretending to someone looking to buy an Amiga that the AmigaOne you were going to sell to them was an Amiga... which of course it aint and never will be no matter how much you want it to be... you can't change the reality of the matter however many time you care to repeat it...



Quote:
Same goes for your cars, innards are different so different characteristics.

Make you mind up, the innards are different on you AmigaOne ergo: by you very own standards, words and definitions "so different cahrectaristics"... 




Quote:
And for your question, I would sue them.

So what you are actually saying is that, despite everything you have spouted here to others about your AmigaOne being an Amiga cos it suits you, then you are in fact a complete hypocrite when someone else says something else is the same as another product simply because you don't agree with their view and therefore by you hypocritical standards according to you it's not...

You can't have it both ways no matter how much hypocrisy you spout on the matter... 




Quote:
Luckly Acube and A-eon aren't doing something like that, naming their machines AmigaOne's and not Amiga's

No one said they were, in fact the only one round here making such a ludicrous claim is in fact yourself... so your point you failed to make there was what exactly ???


Quote:
So it is completely irrelevant.


Finally the penny drops...

Yes it is ALL irrelevant, completely and utterly irrelevant (well to most of us sane people it is) but obviously as you started the thread you seem to think it's somehow relevant that you THINK your Amigaone is an Amiga even though it's not... thing is like you say it's NOT relevant (unless you try to sell off your AmigaOne as an Amiga of course)...


Quote:
P.S I know that its you

My you catch on quickly don't you...

Could that be because I've made it quite clear in my posts here in recent days it is me... Whod've thunk eh...



Quote:
cus you always

use

smileys to act

clever

and to make yourself

more secure

while in reality

You come off as trying too hard.

I don't "Act Clever"... I AM CLEVER...

And yup, I do indeedee like "Smilies"... 





Quote:
And for the mods, yes I have a short temper and I understand if you're going to ban me,
However I would appreciate you to premenatly ban those Moobunny trolls, there is no reasoning with them.

Apart from the obvious thing that there is no such thing as "Trolls" (you've been reading too many fairy stories eh)... There's the ironic FACT here that there is no reasoning with completely deluded people whom THINK that cause they personally label one companies product with the brand name of another that it somehow makes it the real thing... wanna buy a Rolex it was made by Timex but hey, what's that matta...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
WhatsIsName 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 11-Apr-2015 21:33:15
#40 ]
Member
Joined: 7-Apr-2015
Posts: 23
From: Unknown

@klx300r

Quote:

klx300r wrote:
@ Trewq

hmm arguing with 2 brand new user accounts here that just so happened to arrive right after the moo went down....so are you done fishing yet


Hmmm... "arguing"... I see it as an exchange of viewpoints and nothing more...


@ The Delicates...

"trolls", "banning" etc.. etc... the usual sad, lame pathetic war cries (or rather "whimpers")of those whom cannot abide anyone else's opinions on any subject, that is all they can ever respond with...

You know, it's kinda sad to think that there are people out there as genuinely ignorant and pious as many of you lot are... but on the other hand I've gotta admit I personally have a dammed good time laughing at you wrapped up in your cotton wool swadled wee fantasy worlds you inhabit...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle