Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 111 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

OlafS25,  Frank

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Frank:  1 min ago
 OlafS25:  2 mins ago
 Gunnar:  9 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  21 mins ago
 MickJT:  40 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 outlawal2:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 AndreasM:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 sibbi:  1 hr 50 mins ago
 saimo:  2 hrs 4 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  MorphOS Software
      /  MorphOS 3.10 released!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
samo79 
Re: MorphOS 3.10 released!
Posted on 27-Mar-2018 18:52:18
#81 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Yeah that would be the best solution, i don't know what is the state of the current MorphOS code (i think it's already full included in the Odyssey-AROS repo except for the new patch) but for sure it didn't include yet the OS4 patches done for the 1.23 port ... maybe we can ask kas1e to do so, then merge everyhing, and hopefully even to administrate it ... at this point it's merely a question of good will between our coders

Last edited by samo79 on 27-Mar-2018 at 06:56 PM.

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

Profile     Report this post  
wawa 
Posted on 27-Mar-2018 19:07:13
#82 ]
Elite Member

@samo79

there is some os4 ifdefs in kas1e banch of deadwoods repo but not that much. i think it would be pretty easy to incorporate them seamlessly. perhaps there isnt so much that is necessary since morphos/mui code covers most of big endian and ppc specifics. the big handicap working on odyssey are these huge compile times.
now, asiegel pointed me to leopard-webkit by internetzel, which i already thought about. looking at it briefly, it should help a lot, but i dont want to start with a huge pile of changes just locally here, without proper commit history it will definitely end in a big mess. especially im not even a coder.

Last edited by wawa on 27-Mar-2018 at 07:10 PM.

kyle 
Posted on 27-Mar-2018 19:35:46
#83 ]
Cult Member

Great news, but unfortunately the gfx of my X5000 (a RadeonHD 7950) is still not supported

Instead so you know if the onboard ethernet is functional under MOS 3.10?

rzookol 
Posted on 27-Mar-2018 20:36:42
#84 ]

@kyle

Onboard ethernet isn't supported yet. There is support for PCIe Realtek or PCIe Atheros WIFI.

Barana 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 1:45:16
#85 ]
Cult Member

@outrun1978

I wouldn't say you are coming across as entitled, entitled implies you have an over inflated ego.
You come across as a whinger, that implies you have no sense of what you affect or appear to be, but the effect you have on others closely mimics that of someone who is obnoxiously pedantic over minutia that doesn't matter,While being ungrateful, or ignoring the much larger benefit or good thing. This is what comes thru the text as you insist across posts.
Note: I'm not insulting or personally attacking you.

Quote:
@ASiegel I certainly have no sense of entitlement, nor did i buy my X5000 with the sole interest of using MorphOS, but it would have been a really nice feature and quite a few X5000 owners I can assure you feel exactly the same. Yes entry point levels are low should i choose want to run this on another machine but I neither have the space at home, nor do I want to run it on 2nd hand Apple hardware which quite frankly can conk out at any second. Its a shame really for many reasons. I was looking forward to writing quite positively about MorphOS via my blog showing off its features, stirring interest and helping to attract new users. Those people will pay a registration fee or whatever you call it for that product so it is money coming in so it would have been a win win for a lot of people. Are the backers behind MorphOS not worried about money that they can afford to miss out on a revenue stream however small?? And I think you will find people do care and are annoyed that there so little co-operation amongst the camps, at times it really does feel like two bald old men fighting over a comb.

Edit: rant bumped down a few posts.

Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 04:47 AM.
Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 04:45 AM.
Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 04:28 AM.
Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 04:27 AM.
Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 04:25 AM.
Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 04:03 AM.
Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 04:00 AM.
Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 03:45 AM.
Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 01:53 AM.

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

Barana 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 3:23:41
#86 ]
Cult Member

@samo79

Quote:
Mmm i was in hope for a new version of OWB ... but according to the changelog it's the same old 1.24 version + some internal fixes from the latest AROS version BTW the list of change in MOS 3.10 is impressive

Have a close look at the aros changelog for v1.25, in it it states it uses webkit from 2015, owb 1.24 uses a 2014 webkit release.
My thoughts are that WebKit r187682 (July 2015) made it into morph owb.

But soon as i can boot I might be able to clear it up, as the below page states this change

-WebKit codes revision is now presented in AboutBox. (Common)

https://distrita.com/odyssey-web-browser-1-25-aros/

Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 03:44 AM.
Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 03:40 AM.

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

amigang 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 7:10:34
#87 ]
Elite Member

Congrats to the morphos team.

And you lucky x5000 users getting another os for you machine, ok so it would seem a bit more hardware supported is needed, I think this is true for the Blu team too, but i think for the future if os4.2 ever comes out and if morphos 3.11 can support it a bit better it now makes the AmigaOne X5000 the best next gen Amiga platform.

outrun1978 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 7:38:48
#88 ]
Cult Member

@Barana

Quote:
I wouldn't say you are coming across as entitled, entitled implies you have an over inflated ego. You come across as a whinger, that implies you have no sense of what you affect or appear to be, but the effect you have on others closely mimics that of someone who is obnoxiously pedantic over minutia that doesn't matter,While being ungrateful, or ignoring the much larger benefit or good thing. This is what comes thru the text as you insist across posts. Note: I'm not insulting or personally attacking you.

Thanks for the clear insult and quite personal attack. thanks to your actions and words, your community will now lose out and that’s all I will be saying from now on.

tlosm 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 7:39:33
#89 ]
Elite Member

@amigang

If the quad g5 will be used the best NG will be it.. expecially in 64bit mode where the P5020/P5040 loose performances in this .

MacBook Pro Retina I7 2.3ghz;
#nomorea-eoninmyhome

Anonymous 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 9:29:49
# ]

@MOS Team

Congratulations on a massive release! It's great to see that so much work has been going on behind the scenes especially when things have been so quiet elsewhere for the past couple of years.

@Barana

I can see you have a lot to get off your chest. I'm sorry you've experienced what you have, but it's not fair to offload it all onto the one guy for a few posts. There are some real trolls in Amigaland but to me he looks like a guy who's spent a lot of money on a machine and is just a bit disappointed.

Not saying I agree with you, outrun - you have to be realistic about the time and resources that the MOS team have and the presumably tiny income MOS brings in - but I can understand you were excited to try it. You'd be better off asking what their future plans are before assuming. MOS have consistently supported more and more hardware with every release. It might be that they didn't want to hold back 3.10 for this driver. It's been a long time since 3.9 and they have a ton of new features they want to put in people's hands. You don't know if you don't ask.

Last edited by clebin on 28-Mar-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Report this post  
Barana 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 12:05:44
#91 ]
Cult Member

@clebin

Quote:
, but it's not fair to offload it all onto the one guy for a few posts

Ya know I can see your point, I'll separate the chest offloading to a separate post, so he doesn't feel like I'm offloading to him, which I wasn't, but. See how It confused matters.

Besides as I peruse this thread the ones I was thinking of Have all congregated, and will see it none the less. :)

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

AmigaMac 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 12:07:55
#92 ]

Anyone here dual booting AOS and MOS on an AmigaOne?

Barana 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 12:08:53
#93 ]
Cult Member

@Barana

< rant >My aspect is over the years as a new user to amiga, being attacked or at least having to wade thu the absolute bs whinging and entitled posts slaging the amiga os. for some pretty apergers reasons (I'm an aspie, its ok )
ive been abused by one of the brothers , Less than antisocial, so my interest in him(cant remember which one he is nor do i give a s**T)
Needless It doesnt mean i justify bluecamp behaviour.
Want to know why theres a seperation ? listening to the pedantic whinging of morphsmurfs. Which I'm glad divide themselves to another paddock.
I have a sam460 on Workbench, and I despise emulation, so for a laptop, I use Morphos,Not calling myself a morphuser.(I recon they make a great repackaging of amigaos!)

You want to know why theres a divide? Ever tried getting a group of aspies together? Thats the Amiga community.
Besides nothing wrong with divides , as long as we respect boundaries and theres somone with the nuclear warheads, or a psycologist for the aspies who dont want to be dickheads. :D
I went thru a bit of a valley a few years ago where I was cranky to others here on Aw, and I apologise. I hope that these morphsmurfs have or will grow up too.or else go back to papy smurf.< rant / >

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

Barana 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 12:13:43
#94 ]
Cult Member

@AmigaMac

No, but I'm dual booting osx.4 and morph on the powerbook g4 1.67mhz.
256ghz ssd, and 12 partitions.
I'd have tripple booted with netbsd Mac ppc long ago but I can't get its partitioners to see more that 8 partitions, so hmm.
I tried Ubuntu 14 but it's partitiiners APM support is worse. Sigh.

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

TRIPOS 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 18:22:22
#95 ]

Regarding Odyssey, as discussed elsewhere (Morph.zone) the main problem (and it’s a big one) is that PPC is essentially considered dead by all platforms which has developers contributing to the development of webkit, so new big-endian problems can very well be introduced on a daily basis without anyone caring the slightest about it anymore. The problem will go away once the migration away from PPC is complete.

But some picky websites aside, there are some new cool ways to use the current Odyssey technology as a component in various other applications.

Like in Iris, the new modern E-mail client with a bunch of cool features, of which reading HTML-mails...

...and authoring HTML-mails...

...are just a few!

And Word Processing!

Barana 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 18:51:19
#96 ]
Cult Member

@TRIPOS

So unless we switch to somethi.g else or somone sends net surf to the gym,our goose is cooked?
Ten four fox runs on ppc, but that's a mammoth effort to port

Last edited by Barana on 28-Mar-2018 at 06:53 PM.

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

geit 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 20:54:17
#97 ]

@Cheese

Quote:
While waiting for the news item..... http://www.morphos.de/news

And we are still waiting :D

Last edited by geit on 28-Mar-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Last edited by geit on 28-Mar-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Last edited by geit on 28-Mar-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Last edited by geit on 28-Mar-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Signal 
Posted on 28-Mar-2018 22:36:54
#98 ]
Cult Member

@TRIPOS

Quote:

TRIPOS wrote:
Regarding Odyssey, as discussed elsewhere (Morph.zone) the main problem (and it’s a big one) is that PPC is essentially considered dead by all platforms which has developers contributing to the development of webkit,

Dead......not quite yet, on life support more like it. PPC64

Zylesea 
Posted on 29-Mar-2018 22:28:16
#99 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

Iris first public beta is out now. Written in ObjectiveC.

Last edited by Zylesea on 29-Mar-2018 at 10:29 PM.

kamelito 
Posted on 30-Mar-2018 5:39:54
#100 ]
Cult Member

@Zylesea

I think I read that it is written in Objective C++

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle