Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
26 crawler(s) on-line.
 49 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  5 mins ago
 clint:  5 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  14 mins ago
 Karlos:  16 mins ago
 Marcian:  54 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 Cammy:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 SOFISTISOFTWARE:  2 hrs 38 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  2 hrs 43 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Don't "rainbow-wash" me bro!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
PosterThread
pixie 
Re: Don't "rainbow-wash" me bro!
Posted on 2-Jul-2022 8:59:56
#201 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
Transexual/homosexual/non-binary behaviour isn't 'normal' and if it was then our species probably wouldn't procreate and continue beyond a couple of generations into the future!

It has nothing about being normal, if these wouldn't procreate those who can would and will, one doesn't have to create a false problem to pinpoint onto them. Alas they did not chose to be like this, nor you or Mr for this matter, also it's not virus that spreads, they were born like that and are as natural as one can be. There's not a single shred of idiology on their side...

I would guess they have the pride thing because of all of those who try to make them inferiors for being who they are, I would call it a reaction, not an action.

I hope one day we live in a world were we don't feel the need to make others feel inferior, it just shows how much one actually is lacking inside.

Profile     Report this post  
BigD 
Posted on 2-Jul-2022 9:25:13
#202 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

They are not inferior; they are made in God's image but they are NOT defined by a sexual preference and NO ONE is! They were born with lusts and drives as we ALL were. They no more have to act on them as we have to when we choose to lie and cheat to get ahead in life when we are tempted to. We don't have to click on girlie pictures on the internet, WE CHOOSE TO when WE SIN! Don't ever insinuate that we are defined by these acts of rebellion. We do it because we want to and we don't want to obey God and his instruction manual for life; the Bible.

It is NOT 'normal' to be PROUD of sin but many are including divorcees in the church who get remarried while their spouse is still alive and crow about it (remarriage while the spouse is alive is not condoned in the Bible). Another example is Pastors (it means shepherd/servant of the flock) who "wear the dog collar so have the clout", rather than submitting to a group of equal 'elders' as the early Church did.

We are slaves to sin without Jesus and we need love and acceptance so it's not surprising people cling to this Stonewall ideology. However, let's not pretend there's a 'gay gene' or that that anything really DEFINES us other than where we stand in our relationship with JESUS CHRIST. I'm 'proud' of what He did for me and the fact I get to call myself His follower. I owe him everything and in comparison my sex life is irrelevant but since I'm married (to a woman as is customary in the Bible and elsewhere) I honour Him in that too.

Acts 3:19
Quote:

Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
New King James Version

Last edited by BigD on 02-Jul-2022 at 09:28 AM.
Last edited by BigD on 02-Jul-2022 at 09:27 AM.
Last edited by BigD on 02-Jul-2022 at 09:25 AM.

pixie 
Posted on 2-Jul-2022 9:53:11
#203 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Proud of being who themselves are in a world that pitch against them. You may call it sin, but I seriously doubt you to be close to the All Mighty to understand the full scope of what sin is. Don't take me wrong, I have nothing but the upmost respect for each and everyone view on religion, it's their own, but it's nothing more then that, the one view one find balance to understand the world, not to impose that onto others.

If you find it to be sinful then don't do it. I may be straight but I never chosen to have this sinful life it just happen this way, but I do understand that it is not of my business on how two grown up adults live their own life. A sin for me is something evil we impose onto others for our own benefit. I guess we just have to agree to disagree, since the teachings I got from Christ are despite all the similarities, quite apart. :)

PS- I don't take gospel as law, namely other's interpretation. I read it myself and make my own, within my limited understanding obviously, but it is my own to make.

BigD 
Posted on 2-Jul-2022 14:15:46
#204 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

I disagree and not that respectfully either. Sin isn't defined by us it is written in God's word i.e. the Bible. It is not our place to be all 'post-modern' and make up our own god and our own rules as to what is or what isn't a life following Jesus/the narrow way. It's called the 'narrow way' for a reason in that it is the way not often travelled. Most 'so called' Christians don't even pretend to follow it. You don't get to pay lip service to the teachings of Jesus, place your cross in bubble wrap in the corner of your garage and live to all intensive purposes 'a godless lifestyle' like everyone else and still call yourself a Christian!

Last edited by BigD on 02-Jul-2022 at 02:17 PM.

pixie 
Posted on 2-Jul-2022 14:28:59
#205 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

AFAIK the bible was written by Man, with Man's flaws, decoded by man, with it inherit flaws... we even have multiple translations, scriptures, etc... furthering the plot. Your view of what God is unique to you, based in your experience, and on your own "thesaurus", how can it be in any other way? Do you really think then when you hear two man stating they believe in God it is the same God they are talking about? Each has their own, regarding their own interpretation, so when you read a versicle it has a meaning to you that might be different then it is to me, by the relative strength it may have with other versicles so on and so forth. Things aren't as black and white as one would like them to be, otherwise we would have all reached Nirvana, enlightenment a long time ago, the truth would be set in stone in a way no one could ever disagree, yet that's not what happen.

Karlos 
Posted on 2-Jul-2022 16:38:39
#206 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@Amiga4000

It's all virtue signalling anyway. You really think any company gives a crap about sexuality, identity etc? They do worry about negative PR though. If we were in the grip of an old fashioned hereronormal revolution where it was cool to be straight, married, 2.4 kids and pro life, they'd be all over that, too.

Last edited by Karlos on 02-Jul-2022 at 04:43 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 2-Jul-2022 17:33:16
#207 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

2 Timothy 3:16
Quote:
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

NKJV

Psalm 12:6-7
Quote:
The words of the Lord are pure words, Like silver tried in a furnace of earth, Purified seven times. You shall keep them, O Lord, You shall preserve them from this generation forever.

NKJV

... it seems quite cut and dried to me. Ye of little faith!

pixie 
Posted on 2-Jul-2022 18:45:35
#208 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

This is quite a circular argument, it's stated on the bible it's therefore true... it's said that the words of the Lord are pure, but surely not his creation who decode it. It's said to be inspired, but then why it is only inspired and not the real deal? AFAIK each and every time one inspires on something one adds something of himself, for you it's cut and dry, and that's precisely my point, you have your set of definitions that makes it so, not what it written.

If I am to pass a gospel as God's word I am bound to say the same, it is true because it is. Therefore I take it as face value, I rather look at life of Christ myself to get my inspiration... but I take inspiration in lot of things of the mundane, it's quite easy to be perfect when you are dealt with all the cards, like being the son of God for example, if you know what I mean!

kolla 
Posted on 2-Jul-2022 23:35:32
#209 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

So how are your missionary tactics working out for you? I’ve met a few christians in my life, and what they have in common is that they don’t do what you’re doing here. Because, what’s the point?

Last edited by kolla on 02-Jul-2022 at 11:35 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 3-Jul-2022 0:49:50
#210 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

The Gospel has been explained here (unlike in some liberal churches who won't mention hell) and you have rejected it, that's an end game of sorts. I don't believe that's it for you; the good news of Jesus Christ has been presented and you might hear it again before you die and have another chance to accept it...

... then again you may not!

1 Peter 1:24
Quote:
All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away,

Acts 17:30
Quote:
God overlooked people’s ignorance about these things in earlier times, but now he commands everyone everywhere to repent of their sins and turn to him.

And if you really aren't listening then maybe someone else is. Nothing is wasted. What is true enough is everyone who ends up in hell chooses it in the end.... baffling! Add 'The Great Divorce' - C.S. Lewis to your reading list when you and the others have finished Mark's Gospel.

Last edited by BigD on 03-Jul-2022 at 01:06 AM.
Last edited by BigD on 03-Jul-2022 at 12:50 AM.

Nonefornow 
Posted on 3-Jul-2022 2:31:48
#211 ]

Amiga - From informatics to religion.

Karlos 
Posted on 3-Jul-2022 8:01:38
#212 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@Nonefornow

Well, at the risk of being on topic...

https://youtu.be/VzqxSnnSfwU

At what point can this just calm down a bit and people just get on with the mundane business of being legally equal?

On a side note. There are currently two highly infectious strains of COVID starting to spike in the UK. The Glastonbury music festival has already been mentioned on some news channels as elevating the risk of spreading these among attendees, with some 150,000 tickets sold. Yet very little mention of London Pride in this context, while going on to point out that over 1 million people attended.

Last edited by Karlos on 03-Jul-2022 at 08:02 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 3-Jul-2022 16:21:06
#213 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Free love AND free viruses!

bison 
Posted on 3-Jul-2022 21:58:25
#214 ]
Elite Member

@bhabbott

Quote:
If Jesus existed at all (there is no evidence outside the Christian bible itself)

Flavius Josephus wrote about Jesus.

Josephus and Jesus

Last edited by bison on 03-Jul-2022 at 10:26 PM.

agami 
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 1:24:39
#215 ]

@bison

Flavius Josephus wrote about a Jesus, from at best second-hand accounts, which does not qualify as historically documenting the Jesus, outside of The Bible.

The Jesus as depicted in the New Testament of The Bible, is likely an amalgam of different individuals, coupled with embellishments and exaggerations of a predominantly oral tradition of a low educated group of followers. Then centuries later twisted into the divine figure by the upper echelon of a subculture gathering prosperity and power.

kolla 
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 4:58:24
#216 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

I prefer Nangijala over Narnia, thank you very much.

Bosanac 
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 5:06:21
#217 ]

@agami

There are two billion people on earth that accept Jesus the Son of Mary was the promised Messiah on the word of one man who wasn’t a Christian.

BigD 
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 6:47:10
#218 ]
Elite Member

@Bosanac & @agami

The Bible is the inherent word of God uncorrupted by the years or the translation process. Believe that or do not but there's enough proof of Jesus' life and claims if you ACTUALLY care to look. Start with Mark's Gospel and Frank Morrisons - Who Moved the Stone.

Bosanac 
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 16:57:45
#219 ]

@BigD

No it is not. It’s the word of men and it’s full of contradictions and inaccuracies.

The difference between you and me is that I don’t force my beliefs on others because “He guides whom He wills”.

May He guide you.

BigD 
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 17:42:00
#220 ]
Elite Member

@Bosanac

Follow Jesus or reject Him, that's the choice. Don't pretend you can ride on His coat tails without accepting Him as Lord.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle