Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 135 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Karlos:  20 mins ago
 dreamlandfantasy:  28 mins ago
 amigakit:  56 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 michalsc:  2 hrs 40 mins ago
 Ratta:  3 hrs 7 mins ago
 Dragster:  3 hrs 13 mins ago
 pixie:  3 hrs 14 mins ago
 Matt3k:  3 hrs 32 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Project Moana Files
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
meet.mrnrg 
Re: Project Moana Files
Posted on 3-Jan-2008 3:40:55
#221 ]

@Everyone

Who thinks I can safely post the Amiga OS4 LICENSE TXT file on AmigaWorld.net

Profile     Report this post  
meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 3-Jan-2008 4:15:31
#222 ]

@meet.mrnrg

Amiga OS 4.x Software license agreement

PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("LICENSE") CAREFULLY, THEN CLICK EITHER AGREE OR DISAGREE. BY CLICKING "AGREE," YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, CLICK "DISAGREE".

1. License. The software, documentation and any fonts accompanying this License whether on Compact Disk, in read only memory, on any other media or in any other form (the "Amiga OS") are licensed to you by Hyperion Entertainment VOF ("Hyperion"). You own the media on which the Amiga OS is recorded but Hyperion and/or Hyperion's licensor(s) retain title to the Amiga OS. The Amiga OS and any copies which this License authorizes you to make, are subject to this License.

2. Permitted Uses and Restrictions. This License allows you to install and use the Amiga OS on a single Amiga-branded or Amiga-licensed computer at a time. This License does not allow the Amiga OS to exist on more than one computer at a time. You may make one copy of the Amiga OS in machine-readable form for backup purposes only. The backup copy must include all copyright information contained on the original. You are required to select the appropriate "Locale" setting based on the location where you will be operating the Amiga OS. Except as expressly permitted in this License or by law, you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, distribute or create derivative works based upon the Amiga OS in whole or part or transmit the Amiga OS over a network or from one computer to another. This license allows you to install or operate the Amiga OS only on a computer system that had a version of AmigaOS installed on it at the time you acquired such computer system or which was especially prepared for running Amiga OS through the use of a dedicated flashrom or similar mechanism. THE AMIGA OS IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION, COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, OR AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL MACHINES IN WHICH CASE THE FAILURE OF THE AMIGA OS COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. Your rights under this License will terminate automatically without notice from Hyperion if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this License.

3. Limited Warranty on Media (if applicable). Hyperion warrants the media on which the Amiga OS is recorded to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of original retail purchase. Your exclusive remedy under this paragraph shall be, at Hyperion's option, a refund of the purchase price of the product containing the Amiga OS or replacement of the Amiga OS which is returned to Hyperion or an authorized representative with a copy of the receipt. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THE MEDIA INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. HYPERION SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY BY JURISDICTION.

4. Disclaimer of Warranty on Amiga OS. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Amiga OS is at your sole risk. The Amiga OS is provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind and Hyperion and Hyperion's licensor(s) (for the purposes of provisions 3 and 4, Hyperion and Hyperion's licensor(s) shall be collectively referred to as "Hyperion") EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. HYPERION DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE AMIGA OS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE AMIGA OS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE AMIGA OS WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, HYPERION DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE AMIGA OS OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY HYPERION OR A HYPERION AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. SHOULD THE AMIGA OS PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT HYPERION OR A HYPERION AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE TERMS OF THIS DISCLAIMER DO NOT AFFECT OR PREJUDICE THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER ACQUIRING AMIGA OS OTHERWISE THAN IN THE COURSE OF A BUSINESS, NEITHER DO THEY LIMIT OR EXCLUDE ANY LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY HYPERION'S NEGLIGENCE.

5. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL HYPERION BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS LICENSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Hyperion's total liability to you for all damages exceed the amount of one hundred euro (EUR 100).

6. Export Law Assurances. You may not use or otherwise export or reexport the Amiga OS except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Amiga OS was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Amiga OS may not be exported or reexported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) any U.S. embargoed country or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce's Table of Denial Orders. By using the Amiga OS, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.

7. Government End Users. If the Amiga OS is supplied to the United States Government, the Amiga OS is classified as "restricted computer software" as defined in clause 52.227-19 of the FAR. The United States Government's rights to the Amiga OS are as provided in clause 52.227-19 of the FAR.

8. Controlling Law and Severability. This License shall be governed by the laws of Belgium. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this License shall continue in full force and effect. Unless provided otherwise by law, only the courts of Leuven, Belgium shall have jurisdiction to take cognizance of any disputes relating to the application or interpretation of this license agreement.

9. Complete Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Amiga OS and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by Hyperion.

umisef 
Posted on 3-Jan-2008 4:21:43
#223 ]

@wegster

Quote:
I'm the author of said port, done over an year ago on behalf of ACube

A port done over a year ago in December 2007 (i.e. supposedly done prior to 2007), which contains quite a few copyright notices dated 2007? Including ones from *JUNE* 2007, i.e. from after the well-publicised start of the law suit?

nvram_OF.resource most likely deals with accessing non-volatile RAM through open firmware. Someone updated that resource on June 6th, 2007, and *afterwards* created this ISO.

Given that there is *no* licensed OS4 hardware that uses Open Firmware, that is pretty clear indication that development of a port for not-currently-licensed hardware was ongoing after the start of the lawsuit, and after all involved parties should have been well aware of the legal status of such development.

AlexC 
Posted on 3-Jan-2008 5:28:24
#224 ]

@umisef

Nice catch

To me it's a good sign though, as it means that some people are still working (or have been until recently) on making OS4 run on the mac mini.

If we never get to see some new hardware made with better specs than the A1-XE, the mac mini would be a reasonable alternative and upgrade for those wanting to upgrade from Classic or dead A1s.

There may be legal issues preventing a legitimate distribution of OS4 w/Moana, but until the smoke clears, it's reassuring to know that an alternative source of hardware exists.

Of course, and I'm stating the obvious, it would be a lot better if it were an iBook-compatible Moana

AmigaOne XE/X1000/X5000/UAE-PPC OS4 laptop/X-10 Home Automation

Tigger 
Posted on 3-Jan-2008 16:20:11
#225 ]
Elite Member

@umisef

Quote:

umisef wrote:
@wegster

Quote:
I'm the author of said port, done over an year ago on behalf of ACube

A port done over a year ago in December 2007 (i.e. supposedly done prior to 2007), which contains quite a few copyright notices dated 2007? Including ones from *JUNE* 2007, i.e. from after the well-publicised start of the law suit?

nvram_OF.resource most likely deals with accessing non-volatile RAM through open firmware. Someone updated that resource on June 6th, 2007, and *afterwards* created this ISO.

Given that there is *no* licensed OS4 hardware that uses Open Firmware, that is pretty clear indication that development of a port for not-currently-licensed hardware was ongoing after the start of the lawsuit, and after all involved parties should have been well aware of the legal status of such development.

Its also clear that he was aware of the lawsuit then because he and the Frieden Brothers sued AI & Hyperion because of the Washington case in May of 2007. So while suing AI to protect his IP he is working on development that he knows is not licensed and is the subject of the Washington lawsuit by Amiga protecting its IP.
-Tig

ferrels 
Posted on 3-Jan-2008 16:50:46
#226 ]
Cult Member

Good grief. Why does a thread such as this always devolve into an argument over the various lawsuits afflicting AmigaOS or software piracy. This thread started out as something worth reading until all the arm-chair lawyers (barristers) got involved. All you arm-chair lawyers do us a favor and find a law-related forum and take your tripe there instead of boring us Amiga users to death. Leave matters of law to the courts, judges and law enforcement.

When/if a patch is discovered that allows me to run OS4 on a Mac or any other modern PPC hardware, I'll be the first to try it, so just sue me!!!!!

Pleng 
Posted on 3-Jan-2008 17:00:42
#227 ]

@thread

Does anybody else not find this a little peculiar?

There aren't many laptops around which have OS4/Moana files on them. But one of the few laptops which does have said files, was stolen. And not just stolen by anybody. It was stolen by somebody who evidently knew about the whole Amiga/OS4/Moana farse?

I'm not saying it's impossible but, honestly, what are the odds?

Tigger 
Posted on 3-Jan-2008 17:03:55
#228 ]
Elite Member

@ferrels

Quote:

ferrels wrote:
Good grief. Why does a thread such as this always devolve into an argument over the various lawsuits afflicting AmigaOS or software piracy. This thread started out as something worth reading until all the arm-chair lawyers (barristers) got involved. All you arm-chair lawyers do us a favor and find a law-related forum and take your tripe there instead of boring us Amiga users to death. Leave matters of law to the courts, judges and law enforcement.

When/if a patch is discovered that allows me to run OS4 on a Mac or any other modern PPC hardware, I'll be the first to try it, so just sue me!!!!!

If you had read the thread, you would realize that the author of some of the code in the ISO posted on this very thread that it was being distributed illegally, that it was part of Moana and had been acquired by stealing his laptop, which lead us to what I and others said. If someone stole Alan (Hastings) notebook computer a few years ago and posted an ISO of lightwave you would be ok with downloading it and using it, if someone stole my laptop and was posting the Amithlon enhanced ImageFX would you be ok with that as well? Piracy is a pretty slippery slope, I banned discussion of this Moana ISO on VTFML this week for that very reason. Also Moana is one of the key issues in the trial, its release, legal or otherwise doesnt help Hyperions case.
-Tig

Tigger 
Posted on 3-Jan-2008 17:07:20
#229 ]
Elite Member

@Pleng

Quote:

Pleng wrote:
@thread

Does anybody else not find this a little peculiar?

There aren't many laptops around which have OS4/Moana files on them. But one of the few laptops which does have said files, was stolen. And not just stolen by anybody. It was stolen by somebody who evidently knew about the whole Amiga/OS4/Moana farse?

I'm not saying it's impossible but, honestly, what are the odds?

Since he said it was reported to the US authorities, I'm guessing it was stolen at Amiwest, which doesnt make it that surprising, lots of people at Amiwest knew about Moana. The interesting thing to me, is that I dont think the provider of the ISO is a native english speaker, so I think the guy came a long way to steal a laptop.
-Tig

umisef 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 0:55:58
#230 ]

@Tigger

Quote:
Since he said it was reported to the US authorities, I'm guessing it was stolen at Amiwest, which doesnt make it that surprising, lots of people at Amiwest knew about Moana

Not according to the City of Sacramento Crime Mapping site, which shows zero reported crimes within a 1/2 mile radius of the intersection of fulton and auburn (which is where the "Clarion Hotel Cal Expo" is located, and thus where AmiWest was held) between 1 Oct and 10 Nov 2007 --- i.e. within 20 days either side of Amiwest 07.

Tigger 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 1:44:50
#231 ]
Elite Member

@umisef

Quote:

Not according to the City of Sacramento Crime Mapping site, which shows zero reported crimes within a 1/2 mile radius of the intersection of fulton and auburn (which is where the "Clarion Hotel Cal Expo" is located, and thus where AmiWest was held) between 1 Oct and 10 Nov 2007 --- i.e. within 20 days either side of Amiwest 07.

Cool check Bernd, I'm not sure I buy the whole code monkey stole my laptop with Moana software story, but given how it happened and the hint that it happened in the US, I cant come up with another recent event where we'd have a bunch of Amiga people around in the US.
-Tig

syrtran 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 4:25:34
#232 ]
Cult Member

@DBAlex

Quote:

DBAlex wrote:
@meet.mrnrg

I am the creator of the video and I can assure you it isn't fake... Didn't you see the Open Firmware screen? [Black on White Text Screen]
-snip-
Alex.

So, should we all chip in and buy you a nice tripod?
(Of course, it should have a quick-release, so you can easily show the video cable from the Macmini)

Oh, and zooming in on a motionless object by moving the camera is not preferable to using the camera's zoom function, unless you're going for an artistic effect. Moving the camera usually 'beats' the camera's auto-focus. If you get too close (like in the video) it totally defeats the auto-focus.

- Just some helpful hints that you should ignore at your leisure.

People who generalize are always wrong.

1989 - 500 / 1991 - 3000 / 1997 - Genesis Flyer 1200T / 2003 - A1XE

ferrels 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 6:27:51
#233 ]
Cult Member

@Pleng

I agree. This thread has grown worse than most soap operas. At best, many of the contributors to this thread are delusional, at worst they are just dishonest. I bet most of them still believe that Elvis is alive. What worries me more is the number of people on this thread who are willing to accept such drivel and continue perpetuating it........stolen laptops, pirated code, law suits, conspiracies......what a load of crap! At least Raffael has stopped assailing us with his "You guys hate us Italians" posts and his "Acube is God" attitude.

Insanity 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 7:13:02
#234 ]

@ferrels

WHAT!
Are you telling me elvis is NOT alive? (j/k)

@tigger

Quote:
I banned discussion of this Moana ISO on VTFML

While copyright infringement is illegal, discussion about it is not. Not even threats about copyright infringement is illegal. I mean "attempted copyright infringement" or "conspiring to infringe copyright"...

Had you said you banned discussion to support the author and demote these, most likely illegally acquired "moana"-files that would be ok in my eyes.

As for me getting it running, I won't bother now since someone already did. (would have taken to long time anyway. stupid 24 hour day, laziness+full time work will make the time alloted to these kind of things, just seep away).

If you are going to quote me, do so fully or not at all.
/Ins

Hammer 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 7:33:39
#235 ]
Elite Member

@Insanity

Did any one try it on PearPC-JIT?

Insanity 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 8:27:08
#236 ]

@Hammer

I have no idea. all I know is that someone over at aorg got it running on mac mini-ppc with above listed and discussed hardware.

If you are going to quote me, do so fully or not at all.
/Ins

TheDaddy 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 9:34:42
#237 ]
Elite Member

@ferrels

>>I agree. This thread has grown worse than most soap operas. At best, many of the contributors to this thread are delusional, at worst they are just dishonest. I bet most of them still believe that Elvis is alive. What worries me more is the number of people on this thread who are willing to accept such drivel and continue perpetuating it........stolen laptops, pirated code, law suits, conspiracies......what a load of crap! At least Raffael has stopped assailing us with his "You guys hate us Italians" posts and his "Acube is God" attitude.

I really don't get it...

If you are "offended" by such thread why are you reading it?

If you think this thread is DRIVEL then just stay away from it.

It really is that simple, you are under no obligation to 1) read it and 2) posting replies.

And Raffaele (that is how it's spelt) has stopped "assailing you" with his comments on a moderator's request. But also because he has lost a member of his family a few weeks ago as I tried to explain in post number 218.

But since you are only interested in posting comments on how crap this thread is and how delusional and DISHONEST we are (for that you get a nice report clicking) it just shows you haven't even read all the comments.

And no one is saying ACube are Gods just demi-Gods for all they have managed to do in such a short time; OS4 for classics distribution, minimig production, possibly new Amiga hardware and (maybe) a port to the mac mini. This from a small and young company working in a shrunk Amiga market is to be considered to demi-God level!

Last edited by TheDaddy on 04-Jan-2008 at 09:38 AM.

ferrels 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 11:27:44
#238 ]
Cult Member

@TheDaddy

I HAVE read all the posts and that's exactly why I'm fed up with this thread. It's gotten so off-topic that it's ridiculous.

I DO plan to stay away from it. This entire thread has turned out to be a waste of time because arm-chair lawyers and others spreading misinformation have hijacked it and turned it into a joke. The real intent of the thread was to discuss Project Moana and the results from testing it on Mac hardware.

Raffaele didn't stop posting because of me. He was asked to stop posting because the vast majority of readers of this thread got tired of his ranting about how the world hates Italians, which simply isn't true. It's too bad that he lost a family member recently, but if he was really so bereaved, then why was he spending so much time on this forum?

And NO. Acube isn't even close to being a demi-God. Anyone can distribute copies of OS4. As for the Minimig, that's the work of Dennis van Weeren. It's open source and ANYONE can build it. Several folks started selling bare Minimig boards and complete systems on Ebay quite some time ago. And as for the SAM PPC440, it's nothing special either. I can buy similar boards from a hundred different vendors for half the price. Now I'm suspecting that both you AND Raffaele have a business interest in Acube. If that's the case, then please just buy some ad space on the Amiga.org and AmigaWorld.net homepages. If Acube can actually deliver a port of OS4 that runs on Mac hardware, THEN I'll agree with you and I will also call them demi-Gods! I'll even buy you a beer!

TheDaddy 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 12:00:11
#239 ]
Elite Member

@ferrels

>>I HAVE read all the posts and that's exactly why I'm fed up with this thread. It's gotten so off-topic that it's ridiculous.

That's ok you have a choice.

>>Raffaele didn't stop posting because of me. He was asked to stop posting because the vast majority of readers of this thread got tired of his ranting about how the world hates Italians, which simply isn't true. It's too bad that he lost a family member recently, but if he was really so bereaved, then why was he spending so much time on this forum?

He never stopped posting because of you, I didn't say that. I think, as I said before, he got over-excited because they (on the Italian forum) were the first to find the exact model you need to run OS4 on mac mini, on top of that I am pretty sure he got offended by someone in a racist way but I will not name the person, who, by the way wasn't posting on this forum.
If you have lost someone really close to you it doesn't mean you have to drop everything, people react in different ways, they need to be kept busy and grieve in different ways.
So your statement "but if he was really so bereaved, then why was he spending so much time on this forum?" makes absolutely no sense. Also I wouldn't describe Raffaele (no offense mate!) as a very fluent English speaking person, so all of his comments are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

>>And NO. Acube isn't even close to being a demi-God. Anyone can distribute copies of OS4.

I agree that anyone can distribute copies of OS4 but you are MISSING the point, they have done it, they are doing it, I have seen no one offering to do it, no other "companies" coming forward and striking a deal with Hyperion, and doing it in a professional way with a good website. So kudos to them.

>>As for the Minimig, that's the work of Dennis van Weeren. It's open source and ANYONE can build it.

This is laughable. Anyone can build it...makes me laugh. Really, from when it was released open source I have seen a few unpopulated motherboards for the diehard and expert people who CAN actually assemble one and these unpopulated motherboards went on ebay for double the price ACube are asking for a fully assembled motherboard!

>>And as for the SAM PPC440, it's nothing special either. I can buy similar boards from a hundred different vendors for half the price.

Come one then, show us what you can do, let's see you in action, if it's nothing special why don't you set up a company and in a year reach what ACube have done, come on it's easy, nothing special really! Oh and yes sell us a motherboard for half the price of a SAM, I would love to see that. Please enter the ever shrinking Amiga market and bet all you own on it.

>>Now I'm suspecting that both you AND Raffaele have a business interest in Acube. If that's the case, then please just buy some ad space on the Amiga.org and AmigaWorld.net homepages.

You are so wrong! We have got no interest in ACube's business other than seeing them succeed where so many other companies have failed or promised and delivered F**K ALL!

>>If Acube can actually deliver a port of OS4 that runs on Mac hardware, THEN I'll agree with you and I will also call them demi-Gods! I'll even buy you a beer!

You already own me a beer since we all know that Moana is a port of OS4 for mac minis, the reason why is not out yet is because of the legal status of it.

Last edited by TheDaddy on 04-Jan-2008 at 12:01 PM.

ferrels 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 12:18:03
#240 ]
Cult Member

@TheDaddy

Don't get me wrong. I hope Acube succeeds. But it's wrong to say that a SAM 440 PPC is part of the Amiga market. It doesn't run any form of AmigaOS and most likely will never run OS4 because of all the legal issues. It's a fine Linux board, that's all.

And anyone who can use PriceWatch.com can find a motherboard with the same specifications as the SAM at a better price. So if you're looking for a PPC solution, just buy a second-hand Mac complete with case, monitor, keyboard and harddrive. Geeks.com was selling complete G-4 systems comparable in specs to the SAM for around $400US several months ago.

When Acube can sell copies of Moana along with OS4, I'll buy you that beer.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle