Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 172 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  23 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs 22 mins ago
 DWolfman:  2 hrs 32 mins ago
 cncparts:  4 hrs 5 mins ago
 saipaman4366:  4 hrs 51 mins ago
 Beajar:  5 hrs 10 mins ago
 Rob:  5 hrs 13 mins ago
 agami:  6 hrs 16 mins ago
 RobertB:  6 hrs 36 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  Be part of the Tales Of Tamar
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
GameOn 
Be part of the Tales Of Tamar
Posted on 17-Apr-2008 13:30:16
#1 ]

Hey everybody,

I wonder if some of you are interested in a role playing game which plays around the mediaeval times. I'm looking for people who would like to create a confederation with me. Meanwhile, I think, I'm quiet experienced in this game and can help everyone who's interested. The problem here is that most of the players are Germans (or at least speak German). It would be nice to have an English speaking counterpart.

It's really an interesting game and it can be played with Windows, MAC, MorphOS, AOS3.x, UAE and AmigaOS4.

Playing is for free for a long time (so, you intensively can try and test the game) and then you have to pay a small amount per turn you play. But there are several options to play and not to pay at all (e.g., by becoming betatester (as far as I know, they are desperatly looking for AOS3.x/4.x-betatester) or by convincing other people to accept you as liege lord, etc).

For more information have a look at

http://www.tamar.net/

and

http://tamar.4players.de/phpBB/index.php (here, most of the role playing part happens).

Hence, don't hsitate to Join in! :)

Lilian

Profile     Report this post  
TiredofLife 
Re: Be part of the Tales Of Tamar
Posted on 17-Apr-2008 15:45:37
#2 ]

@GameOn

I tried playing this recently but came unstuck.
Couldn't seem to do much after registering,
The 30 day trial period has well lapsed.

GameOn 
Posted on 17-Apr-2008 16:19:38
#3 ]

@TiredofLife

There's for sure no 30 day trial period. You can play for free until you become to a certain degree successful (this means up to serveral month without support).

If you're interested in re-trying this game, simply download the latest version (there were a lot of changes in the last months) and register some name for a realm. I can give you advices and support how to become successful. The key here is knowledge. Normally, you have to find out what to do best to grow the population in your realm, to optimize your grain harvest, how to fight, etc. All this is not as easy as it perhaps seems to be.

It would be nice to have 5-10 english speaking people in this game which would form an alliance. In this way, we really could rough up all the Germans The only thing is, that we'd need some patience. To grow and to learn, or to do research takes some time (probably months) and all this is a *must* to become a powerful ruler in this game.

But the good thing is, the daily effort is low and depends on how much time you *want* to spend for the game (ideally, you'd play every day (for at least a few minutes)) --- especially in the beginning and as long as there is no big war.

regards,
GameOn

Last edited by GameOn on 17-Apr-2008 at 04:24 PM.

AndreasM 
Posted on 17-Apr-2008 17:33:09
#4 ]

@GameOn

it is really a nice game. in the next Issue have we a interview with the developer

http://www.apc-tcp.de - https://www.amigafuture.de - https://www.amigashop.org

BrandonLee 
Posted on 17-Apr-2008 21:12:16
#5 ]

@AndreasM

My limited experience was not very good. IIRC, I got stuck on the menu! ;)
It was long ago, though.

I'm more of a "Battle for Wesnoth" guy. ;)

Last edited by BrandonLee on 17-Apr-2008 at 09:12 PM.

xyphoid 
Posted on 17-Apr-2008 22:43:57
#6 ]

@GameOn

Tell me what to do, and I'll give it a go this weekend! be detailed

tiffers 
Posted on 18-Apr-2008 0:52:18
#7 ]

@GameOn

How long does registration take to process? Perhaps a tutorial on how to sign up and get started would be useful.

tiffers

Last edited by tiffers on 18-Apr-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Last edited by tiffers on 18-Apr-2008 at 12:53 AM.

GameOn 
Posted on 18-Apr-2008 8:10:04
#8 ]

@all

I think, registration became really easy. After downloading the latest version and starting it, you'll reach the start screen. There you can click on the button "option" or just click somewhere on the screen.

If you choose to click on "option" you can navigate to the email-settings. Each turn of Tales of Tamar (abbr: ToT) is received and sent by email, thus, there you can set up your pop- and smtp-server if you directly want to use an own email-account. There are only a few things to remember here:
1) ToT is not able to handle SSL/TSL-encrypted protocols, means, you have to choose an email-account where you can access your account without SSL/TSL (i.g., freenet).
2) Ensure, that emails from "@tamar.net" are NOT deleted by your spamfilters and emails from "@tamar.net" with a subject "Ixxxxxxxx" or "@xxxxxxxx" (x is an arbitrary number) are NOT downloaded by your email client (e.g. yam).

If you just click somewhere on the screen you reach the registration screen. The rest is quite self -explanatory. You can choose the simple, anonymous registration (means you don't need a private email address). Then you get a ToT-email-address, so everything runs out of the box. But in the long term, you should consider using an own email address (you can change the email address at any time later to a private one).
The most difficult part in this registration screen is to choose a name for your realm :) Try to find a
mediaeval one ;)

After the registration has been send, a few minutes later the ToT-Client will receive an initialisation email (by clicking on the button "get turn" or by simply re-entering the registration screen). Then you're ready to play. That's all.

There's also an tutorial as soon as you have your initialisation email which pops up and tells you what to do best first. In the beginning it's not too much. But again, you can study the ToT-Forum (In-Time (abbr: IT) it is called "Great Halls") or enter the ToT-chat (irc.euirc.net, channel: #tales) (IT it is called "Taverna") and waste as much time as you like The bigger in size your realm becomes the more busy you will be (or can be - it really depends on how fast you want to make progress).

Turns, have to be sent in latest around 11:30 a.m. (german time: i.g. Berliln UTC/GMT +1 hour).
Your new turn you will receive around 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Some information about the game you can find here:

a manual:
http://www.tamar.net/main.php?seite=docs&language=english

a rudimental tutorial for beginners:
http://www.tamar.net/main.php?seite=tutorial&language=english

Don't be afraid of all the text. You'll learn about the game step by step (so as I did ;)). The negative point here is, that after a while, you'll become addictive to this game.

regards,
GameOn

P.S. oh, one stupid thing i have to explain: To leave a screen without any checkmark or crossmark or the game itself, you have to press the ESC-Key. There is no button to leave the game. But don't press the ESC-key if there is a checkmark because ESC means always "cancel" and your "work" is gone then.

Last edited by GameOn on 18-Apr-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Last edited by GameOn on 18-Apr-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Last edited by GameOn on 18-Apr-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Last edited by GameOn on 18-Apr-2008 at 08:11 AM.

GameOn 
Posted on 18-Apr-2008 9:52:55
#9 ]

Oh, if something does NOT work. Please report it to the ToT-Team (via email or by writing to the ToT-forum (amiga version related problems: http://tamar.4players.de/phpBB/index.php?f=4).
They are glad about bug reports or questions!

But i don't expect too much problems. I have been playing ToT now for a really long time and managed to find out most of the things by myself ;)
Now, to further increase the fun of the game, I need some people who speak English and who are willing to establish a counterpart to the german speaking dominance.

So, I'd be pleased to meet some of you on Tamar

GameOn

tiffers 
Posted on 18-Apr-2008 11:42:00
#10 ]

@GameOn

Hmm. I downloaded and installed the AmigaOS version in my E-UAE Amiga 4000. When the game runs, it congratulates me on my fast computer and says it will like running on this computer. When I click the mouse button it automatically goes to the registration screen. I choose the simple sign-up method, and put in a nickname. I stick in an email address for notification of realm creation, but no Mobile number for SMS notification. It then checks to see if the nickname is in use, and returns to the registration screen. If I check for emails/turns it says no emails. If I cancel and return to the main page I get the same message about a fast computer and once again head straight to the registration window after I click left mouse button. The game checks for turns, and gets nothing.

I turned off the virtual machine, and came back some hours later, and the same lack of email.

I cannot go into an options page and set SMTP/POP servers. I'm stuck in registration page and still no emails.

tiffers

GameOn 
Posted on 18-Apr-2008 12:28:40
#11 ]

@tiffers

that's strange. There should be the first email within a few minutes. Perhaps it takes longer if the computation for the new turn has started already. So, I guess, you get your email with the new turn. Means, you will receive the email within the next hours.

regards,
GameOn

P.S. Yes, it's for sure this way. No new registration before computation of the new turn has been done. Today, this will be around 3 p.m.

Last edited by GameOn on 18-Apr-2008 at 12:31 PM.

GameOn 
Posted on 20-Apr-2008 9:46:04
#12 ]

@all

Has someone successfully registered?

I'm looking forward seeing you on Tamar

regards,

GameOn

TiredofLife 
Posted on 20-Apr-2008 11:35:42
#13 ]

@GameOn

Will do it tonight and report back here

Rebel-CD32 
Posted on 20-Apr-2008 23:22:26
#14 ]

I haven't got my Amiga online at the moment, but when I do get it on there I'd like to give this a shot. But I can't find a list of minimum requirements anywhere. What kind of Amiga system do I need to run this?

If my A1200 030/50 16MB isn't enough, I may give the PC version a go, but I can't stand playing games on PCs so I wouldn't be hanging around for long.

GameOn 
Posted on 22-Apr-2008 8:21:26
#15 ]

@Rebel-CD32

Quote:

Rebel-CD32 wrote:
I haven't got my Amiga online at the moment, but when I do get it on there I'd like to give this a shot. But I can't find a list of minimum requirements anywhere. What kind of Amiga system do I need to run this?

If my A1200 030/50 16MB isn't enough, I may give the PC version a go, but I can't stand playing games on PCs so I wouldn't be hanging around for long.

Well, ToT will work on your system but don't expect it to be fast. In the beginning, with only 7 acres of land, it probably doesn't matter. But as soon as you have discovered more of Tamar, became more successful, knew more people or even became involved in a war, it will probably hard to play on your system (but it's possible, yes).

Tamar is really big. Have a look at the atlas of Tamar (each diamond you can see, corresponds to one acre of land / water):

http://cfreystedt.de/dago/atlas/

To summarize all links for those who started just reading this thread :

Tales of Tamar is a turn based (mediaeval) fantasy, strategy, multiplayer game. Information can be found here:

http://www.tamar.net

There's also a role playing part (for those who like it) which happens for the most part in the ToT forum (InTime, it is called "Great Halls"):

http://tamar.4players.de/phpBB/index.php

or here (IT called "Taverna"):

irc.euirc.net, channel: #tales
Java client to enter the chat: http://www.tamar.net/pjirc/index.php

Hope, there are some people who want to participate in an english speaking alliance

regards,
GameOn

P.S. Betatesters for Amiga-Systems are wanted!

P.S.S. For got these links:

a manual:
http://www.tamar.net/main.php?seite=docs&language=english

a rudimental tutorial for beginners:
http://www.tamar.net/main.php?seite=tutorial&language=english

Last edited by GameOn on 22-Apr-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Slash 
Posted on 23-Apr-2008 9:31:13
#16 ]
Cult Member

@GameOn

I have but I always get stuck on the registration screen also. Apparently I have emails waiting ask I'm getting lots of 'you only have x days left' etc but everytime I 'Get Mails' from the registration screen I get the following two messages:

'The following error occured: Konnte Email nicht schreiben[LF]'

and then

'No Emails for Tales Of Tamar'.

I don't speak German so no idea what that means? Something about an email not being written? *shrugs*

MadMonkey 
Posted on 23-Apr-2008 9:53:09
#17 ]

@GameOn

I get exactly the same error on my AmigaOne

GameOn 
Posted on 23-Apr-2008 10:07:16
#18 ]

@Slash

Quote:

Slash wrote:

Apparently I have emails waiting ask I'm getting lots of 'you only have x days left' etc

This means, your registration has been successfully sent and your init-email is wating for you in the mailbox specified in the registration form.

Quote:

and then

'No Emails for Tales Of Tamar'.

I don't speak German so no idea what that means? Something about an email not being written? *shrugs*

seems, that the email, ToT wants to download is NOT in the mailbox (anymore?). hm.

Did you try the simple, anonymous registration or did you set up the smtp- and pop-server of an own email provider? In addition, have a look into the options-screen (after starting ToT, click on the button "options") and see if there are some wrong settings for smtp- or pop-server.

regards,
GameOn

GameOn 
Posted on 23-Apr-2008 11:00:57
#19 ]

@All

After reinstalling the latest version of ToT, I observed indeed a bug regarding the registration (and reportet it already to the developers, so they will fix it with the next version).

In "TalesOfTamar/Data/", there should be the following directories:

MailIn
MailOut
POP3In
POP3Out

Unfortunatly, this directories are missing in the ToT-Archive, thus, the registration doesn't work.
You have to create these 4 empty directories and then register again. It will work then.

The programmer is very sorry about that stupid bug! As he's soon on his way to a big role playing convention ( http://www.rpcgermany.de/ ), he will not be able to fix the archive in the next days. So, please create these directories by hand and try it again.

regards,
GameOn

GameOn 
Posted on 24-Apr-2008 17:07:58
#20 ]

@all

Has someone been successful?

GameOn

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle