Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 146 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

billt

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 billt:  3 mins ago
 Rob:  7 mins ago
 amigang:  13 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  16 mins ago
 agami:  39 mins ago
 matthey:  46 mins ago
 kolla:  53 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 17 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  2 hrs 1 min ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 6 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  A-EON Technology Website
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
fairlanefastback 
Re: A-EON Technology Website
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 22:06:56
#101 ]
Team Member

@TrevorDick

Quote:

TrevorDick wrote:
@opi

Personally, I really like the simple, minimalistic "Amiga like" layout and feel with OS4 type resize-able windows and graphics, but thats just MHO.

TrevorD

I like it too!

Amiga 1200

Profile     Report this post  
Karlos 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 22:08:01
#102 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

Well, I for one quite like the whole workbench-alike design of the site.

Hans 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 22:29:57
#103 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Quote:

Karlos wrote:
Well, I for one quite like the whole workbench-alike design of the site.

I do too. Normally I'm not a big fan of creating a GUI inside a web-page, but in this case it works because it looks like the Amiga OS 4 GUI and it's for an Amiga OS 4 specific product. It's minimalist, and it's very clear what you need to do to browse the site, which is the most important part of any design (people have to be able to use it without thinking). No idea what they will do with the site come X1000 release day, but as a "coming soon" site to give Amiga OS 4 fans more information it works well, at least IMHO.

Hans

realize 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 22:30:59
#104 ]

@Metalheart

Well it seems on this site that if you are a fanboy you are everyone's pal if you dont agree with the GROUPTHINK then you are labeled a troll or worse and get flagged. Its rather sad... everyone is entitled to an opinion if not its called Facism...

to thread congrats on getting the site live there are some clever and cool features but there is an amateur feel as well..the x1000 will be interesting..

whose 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 22:31:02
#105 ]
Cult Member

@cha05e90 & Rooster:

Well, no. Not a perfect statement. Still bad understanding of the purpose of engineering (define and realize a function) and the art (!) of design (find the "right" form for the function, as the form follows the function, and "nice to look at" is a matter of taste that "design" has to connect to the function).

It was a bad idea to make engineers "designers". They arent. And as a result, actual engineering principles are more and more a matter of taste, not a matter of strict rules.

cha05e90, youre a bit more near to it, as you recognized that the design of a website is a matter of taste, purpose and interest, not a matter of perfect engineering (which is impossible if something like taste enters the game).

Its still granted that some people doesnt like the design. Its not their taste, simple as that.

And its granted that the engineering part isnt perfect. But I dont know a single site that is 100% perfect from the engineering POV. So what? Business as usual...

Last edited by whose on 14-Apr-2010 at 10:35 PM.

TrevorDick 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 22:51:52
#106 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Quote:
The point he made about having to fiddle about resizing the windows is certainly a valid one .

Perhaps fiddly if you resize the windows manually by grabbing and dragging, but a simple click to maximise or minimise is easy and works very well IMHO.

TrevorD

A1200 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:00:38
#107 ]
Elite Member

@opi

Quote:

opi wrote:
@Rogue

I'll give you that my RSS statement was uncalled for. Therefor I'm sorry for that.

Uncalled for, possiblly but who cares? I can't believe Rogue would get upset about how something was said. If venting gets more features onto OS4.x I suppose we can put up with it!

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:15:04
#108 ]
Team Member

@A1200

Quote:

A1200 wrote:
@opi

Quote:

opi wrote:
@Rogue

I'll give you that my RSS statement was uncalled for. Therefor I'm sorry for that.

Uncalled for, possiblly but who cares? I can't believe Rogue would get upset about how something was said. If venting gets more features onto OS4.x I suppose we can put up with it!

Lets leave whats between the two of them between the two of them and move on with the thread please.

Amiga 1200

kolla 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:15:55
#109 ]
Elite Member

Lucky me, I dont need to write what I think about the site, I already did it before.

Last edited by kolla on 14-Apr-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Hans 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:17:17
#110 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:
@Metalheart

Well it seems on this site that if you are a fanboy you are everyone's pal if you dont agree with the GROUPTHINK then you are labeled a troll or worse and get flagged. Its rather sad... everyone is entitled to an opinion if not its called Facism...

On the reverse side, if you like something, then you're labelled a mindless fanboy who can't think for yourself. If people just said whether they liked the design or not, there wouldn't be a problem. But no, there always has to be that inflammatory barb. What you see as not letting others have an opinion (which the "trolls" are at least as guilty of), I see as people getting annoyed with the constant negative attacks on absolutely everything, and retaliating. It was 100% predictable who would make the snide condescending remarks here; they've done it before in countless threads, and yes, people don't take to that too nicely.

Hans

P.S. For it to be Facism, the one allowed opinion would have to be enforced by those in charge. The moderators are not guilty of doing that.

sundown 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:17:54
#111 ]
Elite Member

@A1200

Quote:
I can't believe Rogue would get upset about how something was said.

Maybe Rogue read opi's rants on moobunny first.

Zardoz 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:26:26
#112 ]
Team Member

@sundown

His rants on moobunny have pretty much the same content as his rants here. And I do not think they are uncalled for. In our community, for a hobby website, that site would be quite good but if it's meant to target a wider audience it doesn't quite cut it.

A1200 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:32:17
#113 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

Oh moobunny? I seldom read that stuff and even less post on there. If Rouge values his sanity and blood pressure, he should do the same!

kolla 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:34:53
#114 ]
Elite Member

@realize&Hans

Nothing on this site is "facism", you ignorant fools.

MOD NOTE: Obviously we can't have abusive name calling like that. You generated 3 ARs over two recent posts in this thread. This is your current record here for moderation:

25Aug2009, First Official Warning
25Aug2009, 2nd Official Warning
04Mar2010, 3 Day Restriction
14Mar2010, 30 Day Restriction for abusive post

According to TOS I have to now give you a 180 day ban as its your third ban after two warnings. I am also approving 2 of the ARs, one for each post in question.

Adjudication is of course open to you.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 14-Apr-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Hans 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:40:18
#115 ]
Elite Member

@Zardoz

Quote:

Zardoz wrote:
In our community, for a hobby website, that site would be quite good but if it's meant to target a wider audience it doesn't quite cut it.

Looking at the website, it's pretty clear that this is targeted at Amiga OS fans, and addresses the desire from people here for a website that provides a little more info.

I think that the issue with Opi, is his increasingly inflammatory style in which he implies that others are total retards. That's unnecessary, IMHO.

@all

This is getting increasingly off topic. How about looking at the content instead of bickering over the design?

Hans

Hans 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:42:49
#116 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

Quote:

kolla wrote:
@realize&Hans

Nothing on this site is "facism", you ignorant fools.

No idea why this comment is also directed at me. Try rereading what I wrote. I think that you just want to call people names and insult them again.

Hans

kolla 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:46:04
#117 ]
Elite Member

@Hans

No, neither of you seem to know what fascism is, and neither of you know how to spell it.

Hans 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 23:54:17
#118 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

Quote:

kolla wrote:
@Hans

No, neither of you seem to know what fascism is, and neither of you know how to spell it.

Reread what I wrote (again). The state imposing one cultural identity and suppressing dissenters is part of Fascist ideology. If you can't see how any organisation can be run in line with Fascist ideology, then that's your problem.

Regarding spelling, I started to write it with an "sc", but then matched his spelling. My mistake.

Hans

Last edited by Hans on 14-Apr-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Last edited by Hans on 14-Apr-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Last edited by Hans on 14-Apr-2010 at 11:55 PM.

Hans 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 0:00:42
#119 ]
Elite Member

Okay, this is my last attempt to get this thread back on topic.

We have more detailed specifications of the machine (but not complete yet). Confirmation of their attendance at the VCF in the UK. What else is noteworthy on the new website, content wise?

Hans

Last edited by Hans on 15-Apr-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Swoop 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 2:11:18
#120 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:

It's not about WHAT you say, but HOW you say it!!!

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle