Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 124 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 RobertB:  9 mins ago
 OlafS25:  59 mins ago
 Bruce72:  1 hr 1 min ago
 Rob:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  1 hr 48 mins ago
 t0lkien:  1 hr 53 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 14 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 27 mins ago
 Troels:  3 hrs 29 mins ago
 Gunnar:  3 hrs 44 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Software
      /  Turboprint SORTED
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Spectre660 
Re: Turboprint
Posted on 20-Jul-2011 13:01:37
#41 ]
Elite Member

Interesting Thread.

I use Turboprint and the 68k utility Spooler from Aminet to print via Samba to an Hp Office Jet Pro K550 attached to a Windows XP machine.
the setup works quite well printing postscript from TurboCalc and I can get the margins right.

Profile     Report this post  
sicky 
Posted on 25-Jul-2011 11:26:17
#42 ]
Elite Member

@All

From my previous post:

Quote:
I got my HP Photosmart printer today and now have it working via network using netprinter.device and HP_Photosmart printer driver.

Ironically it was easier to set up and get running on the Amiga than my Mac!

I have since found out how to access printer via OWB by putting in the IP address of the printer, and can now directly scan and save images on my Amiga.

So I now have a modern printer and fully functioning scanner with no other software required!

Oh happy days, who needs Windows or Mac OSX?

tommysammy 
Posted on 25-Jul-2011 15:33:35
#43 ]
Cult Member

@sicky

Can you write a detailed description for us?

sicky 
Posted on 25-Jul-2011 19:53:06
#44 ]
Elite Member

@tommysammy

Quote:
Can you write a detailed description for us?

I needed a new printer that would work on my new SAM460 as well as my Apple MacbookPro, after looking around and asking a few questions decided to get this one http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-photosmart-e-all-in-one-wireless-multifunction-printer-07374406-pdt.html
from Currys, on that page you can see all the specs of the printer.

It is a HP Photosmart B110 all in one wireless printer that can scan, copy and print.

I installed a printer driver available at OS4 Depot http://www.os4depot.net/share/driver/printer/hp_photosmart.lha

Then downloaded netprinter.device http://aminet.net/comm/tcp/NetPrinter.lha
and installed it.

Go to printer prefs and select HP_Photosmart as printer driver, then select netprinter.device in Port device, somewhere I had to enter the printer IP address, but wherever when you are prompted just enter it.

If I now enter printer IP address in OWB I can see printer controls and able to monitor ink levels and scan images and save to my Amiga. It's without doubt the best printer I have had attached to an Amiga, very useful indeed to be able to print and scan all without the need of any extra software.

I am a happy little bunny now, returned to the Amiga a little while ago and everything seems so good, computing on the Amiga is just so much fun

Update: \I have now purchased Turboprint http://www.zedonet.de/eshop-tpamiga.html just in case that driver supports the printer better with regard to DPI, and also to support Amiga software companies!

Last edited by sicky on 25-Jul-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Last edited by sicky on 25-Jul-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Last edited by sicky on 25-Jul-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Last edited by sicky on 25-Jul-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Last edited by sicky on 25-Jul-2011 at 07:54 PM.

realize 
Posted on 25-Jul-2011 23:14:06
#45 ]

@gerograph

Quote:
by gerograph on 20-Jul-2011 3:30:15 @Dandy I contacted Irsee Soft already, they donnot have contact to TP author anymore. They will not release it as Opensource, neither have support for it... However, wondering who is in charge of the MorphOS port

I was going to post earlier in the thread about this but I have to now :)

Irsee soft was paid a license fee by Genesi to have Turbo print included with Morphos. AFAIK it was a one time fee for permanent usage. Later we tried to re-engage the idea of having Irsee soft port their later work to morphos but it was very expensive (read thousands) and they were far to busy on other more "serious" platforms. There are some morph guys that somehow used the more modern printer drivers from Turbo Print Linux version somehow, search MZ about this.

The best bet it seems for us is the network printer driver stuff and Postscript support. A comprehensive list of what users have working would be great.

sicky 
Posted on 28-Jul-2011 7:30:17
#46 ]
Elite Member

@All

Have now got Turboprint installed and it's all working well, decent quality graphics printing now!

scabit 
Posted on 17-Oct-2012 14:36:11
#47 ]

@BillE

Quote:
What I did find a problem was when printing plain text then TurboPrint would lock up the A1, it would print the text but I always had to reboot the Amiga after doing so.

I seem to have the same problem with Turboprint. It locks up my A1 solid - requires a hard reset - if I print from Notepad. I installed it first on my OS3.1 partition and then copied everything over, setting the turboprint assign in user-startup.

Which version of Turboprint are you using?

Scott

Dandy 
Posted on 15-Nov-2012 10:55:11
#48 ]
Elite Member

@whose

Quote:

whose wrote:

Oh, btw.: You cant use the scanner option with AmigaOS. There is absolutely no support for this.

I assume you're referring to OS4.x here?

As under OS 3.9 I have brilliant scanner support with ScanQuix5 & FxScan. The latter even allows to generate .pdf-documents, as well as doing OCR (Optical Character Recognition).

I'd really like to know if ScanQuix5 & FxScan would work with OS 4.x (emulated?), given I could find a way to connect my Epson GT 6500 flatbed SCSI scanner to the A1 X1k, once I got it...

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 15-Nov-2012 11:29:37
#49 ]
Elite Member

@gerograph

Quote:

gerograph wrote:

@whose
Any Idea, if there is a TurboPrint Driver, which supports PCL6 with upto 600dpi ?

No idea what PCL6 is, but my Epson Stylus Color 600 printer is supported in TurboPrint up to a resolution of 1440 x 720 dpi...

Dandy

fingus 
Posted on 15-Nov-2012 11:49:06
#50 ]
Cult Member

@whose

Quote:
and a friend of mine used it successfully with a D5460

And i managed to print photos with full dpi resolution, but then it take ages to print but the result is much better when printing from sd-card in the printer-interface itself.

But i cant print PDF with amipdf.

The Photosmart-Driver from the OS4-Depot don´t reach the full DPI-Resolution (Above 600x600 dpi) and have no Color-Correction (too dark printouts)

BillE 
Posted on 15-Nov-2012 14:21:14
#51 ]

@scabit

Quote:

I seem to have the same problem with Turboprint. It locks up my A1 solid - requires a hard reset - if I print from Notepad. I installed it first on my OS3.1 partition and then copied everything over, setting the turboprint assign in user-startup.

Which version of Turboprint are you using?
Scott

I am not anymore I got an HP Photosmart 6510e and now use the Photosmart driver from OS4 Depot. I do not think TP has drivers new enough for this printer.

I am not sure of the version of TP I used, I would need to fire up the XE, but it would have been the latest that was available. I have not installed TP on the X1000 as had the HP printer by then.

I remember one of the Devs was looking at what may be the cause but I never followed it up having changed printer and would not have been able to test any results. So I am not sure if there was a fix or not.

BillE 
Posted on 15-Nov-2012 14:23:33
#52 ]

@fingus

Quote:

The Photosmart-Driver from the OS4-Depot don´t reach the full DPI-Resolution (Above 600x600 dpi) and have no Color-Correction (too dark printouts)

I don't think you can increase the resolution but you can alter the darkness of the output using the "Threshold" setting in the printer prefs, which in the Photosmart driver apparently changes the gamma correction.

pvanni 
Posted on 15-Nov-2012 15:40:23
#53 ]

@fingus
have you tried with AmiGS? It has lower quality than AmiPDF, but printing via turboprint
generally works, with AmiPDF I generally get 100% CPU and no printing.

@Dandy,
I never tried ScanQuix5 or FxScan, but ImageFX work very well with my SCSI GT-7000,
on my AONE-XE with a SCSI card

Amigo1 
Posted on 15-Nov-2012 16:30:00
#54 ]

@Dandy

Quote:

Dandy wrote:
@whose

Quote:

whose wrote:

Oh, btw.: You cant use the scanner option with AmigaOS. There is absolutely no support for this.

I assume you're referring to OS4.x here?

As under OS 3.9 I have brilliant scanner support with ScanQuix5 & FxScan. The latter even allows to generate .pdf-documents, as well as doing OCR (Optical Character Recognition).

I'd really like to know if ScanQuix5 & FxScan would work with OS 4.x (emulated?), given I could find a way to connect my Epson GT 6500 flatbed SCSI scanner to the A1 X1k, once I got it...

All I can say, it works here. Without problems. I am using TurboPrint 5.5 and ScanQuix 5.1 with an Amtrade AM12 flatbed scanner and an Epson Stylus Coror Printer on the AmigaOne-XE.
I just recently had a look, the printer is manufactured in 1999 and I'm really happy it works flawlessly, Infact it is my only printer here atm.

Anyway, I can scan to disk and then print, or scan to printer directly.Everything works. Since update 5 I can print images from Multiview too, I remember on Upd 3 or Upd2 something was not working correctly.

I don't use FXScan. But IIRC there is the older v 1.0 or 1.5, on my ScanQuix CD, can't remember.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle