Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
28 crawler(s) on-line.
 81 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Allanon:  22 mins ago
 Birbo:  41 mins ago
 Hypex:  42 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 43 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 50 mins ago
 kolla:  3 hrs 5 mins ago
 kriz:  3 hrs 14 mins ago
 clint:  3 hrs 15 mins ago
 zipper:  4 hrs 44 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - Part 4
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: Nibiru, what if ? - Part 4
Posted on 22-Feb-2016 16:52:19
#261 ]
Elite Member

Dark Energy Telescope around 2024.

http://spaceflightnow.com/2016/02/18/nasa-moves-forward-with-mission-using-spy-satellite-telescope/

Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Posted on 23-Feb-2016 16:47:26
#262 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Quote:

olegil wrote:
@Lou

LIGO uses a simple photodiode as detector, where blocking off incident light is fairly trivial.

Again, I said a more sensitive version. So again, we can see an experiment used to test 'ether' is now used to find the counter-intuitively named 'gravity wave'. A laser is fired and timed. If ether exists, differences can occur. If 'gravity waves' exist, differences can occur. It's the same experiment, just not comparing a N/S beam to one fired E/W. With these more sensitive/modern sensors, you'd wonder why that actual test hasn't been repeated since the original was inconclusive.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Feb-2016 17:30:24
#263 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
You are forgetting that everything predicted by GR and SR is predicted by EMRP.
Really? Then have the experimenter do what I suggested and he'll see the effects are indeed different.

Quote:
The present accepted density for our sun is just 1.41g/cm3, yet we know it contains a vast quantity of metals which one cannot account for in its mass
HUH? By measuring atoms 0.30% are iron. There' twice as much oxygen and there's 300times as much Hydrogen. Yeah he might want to go check his vastness. There's probably more iron in the working Fieros than on the sun.

What do you suppose they were able to catalog? They can only go so deep in the atmosphere. Any 'planet' with a spinning dynamo has an iron core. Oh wait, let's make an exception for the sun... How many exceptions do we have now in your version of reality?

Again EMRP provides a physical model that Einstein never provided.

Here's a summary of many *push* gravity papers:
http://qdl.scs-inc.us/2ndParty/Pages/13700.html

Lou 
Posted on 23-Feb-2016 17:31:08
#264 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou
Positive claims require positive evidence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence (C. Sagan)
That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence (C. Hitchens)

Here is some evidence that your Clearly Ridiculous Asinine Postulate about radiation pressure is wrong, so where is there any actual empirical evidence that can be used to corroborate your C.R.A.P

P.S. on a sunny day, the vanes on my Crookes radiometer spin, but the curtains do not flutter That would be because there is insufficient pressure even in full direct sunshine to overcome the gravitational attraction between the mass of the curtains and the mass of the core of the Earth.

You call yourself nimrod. I accept this.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Feb-2016 17:31:41
#265 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@BrianK I think your figure for Iron in the sun is a bit off.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/tables/suncomp.html
And what about the iron (rust) in the non-working Fieros?

A nimrod says as a nimrod does.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Feb-2016 18:34:21
#266 ]
Elite Member

Since you are all rocket scientists...
Perhaps you can tell me what my lap time would have been if - starting at the 22:10 point of this video - the excessive G-forces produced by handling so well that I no longer need to hit the brakes in turns 3/4 - if my body hadn't rolled onto my excessively wide rear tire...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdMJ67w49Kw

When you do the math, you'll realize that I would have won the entire event.

I also know, because rocket scientists like yourselves do what is convenient, that you ignore my 2nd place finish in 2013 after 6 rounds of racing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGULd4xUOTs

I expect a first place finish this coming season...and then subsequently retire from racing at the end of it.

Last edited by Lou on 23-Feb-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 23-Feb-2016 19:47:50
#267 ]

@Lou
Quote:
Any 'planet' with a spinning dynamo has an iron core.
How do you know that for certain? How many have you tested? Would a planet with a liquid nickel core fail to produce a dynamo effect? How about one with a core of of liquid metallic hydrogen and helium such as Saturn or Jupiter. Mars has an Iron core but no geodynamo, why is this?
Here is a free clue for you. Any conductive fluid can generate a geodynamo especially if that fluid is the superheated high density plasma found in the heart of a star.

Quote:

Every one of the postulates in this steaming heap of C.R.A.P. fails to explain why these two stars are approaching each other instead of flying apart at some considerable fraction of speed C as your light balls in a dark box bullshit hypothesises would happen. When your postulate fails to match the evidence science modifies the hypothesis, while your EM=god religion ignores evidence that does not match dogma.
Positive claims require positive evidence, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And that which you assert without evidence gets dismissed without evidence.

Nimrod 
Posted on 23-Feb-2016 20:04:32
#268 ]

@Lou
Just as John Metrics electric fiero is the fastest electric car in the world except for the ones that are faster, you would have have won all the races if it weren't for people crossing the line ahead of you. All I am getting here is an image of a whiny snotnosed kid.
You came second, well done, others didn't do so well. Learn from your mistakes and maybe, just maybe, you will do better. Perhaps just a touch of brake going into the apex of the curve and then accelerate through will improve your cornering.

Lou 
Posted on 25-Feb-2016 13:20:54
#269 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou
Just as John Metrics electric fiero is the fastest electric car in the world except for the ones that are faster, you would have have won all the races if it weren't for people crossing the line ahead of you. All I am getting here is an image of a whiny snotnosed kid.
You came second, well done, others didn't do so well. Learn from your mistakes and maybe, just maybe, you will do better. Perhaps just a touch of brake going into the apex of the curve and then accelerate through will improve your cornering.

Hey grumpy old man! Remember how you always think you are right and are usually wrong?
Case in point reminder about animals and magnetic fields:
http://phys.org/news/2016-02-magnetoreception-molecule-eyes-dogs-primates.html

And yes, owe epoch of all nimrods - John Metric moved on from the Fiero to build an electric Miata which broke the Fiero's record. Lard-di-da! So yes, I was right and you were wrong at the point in time that a Fiero did hold the record for fastest electric-conversion vehicle.

You are often quite wrong in your old age... You also clearly fear what stiffer springs will do for my odds of success this year...

Lou 
Posted on 25-Feb-2016 13:21:53
#270 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou
Quote:
Any 'planet' with a spinning dynamo has an iron core.
How do you know that for certain? How many have you tested? Would a planet with a liquid nickel core fail to produce a dynamo effect? How about one with a core of of liquid metallic hydrogen and helium such as Saturn or Jupiter. Mars has an Iron core but no geodynamo, why is this?
Here is a free clue for you. Any conductive fluid can generate a geodynamo especially if that fluid is the superheated high density plasma found in the heart of a star.

Quote:

Every one of the postulates in this steaming heap of C.R.A.P. fails to explain why these two stars are approaching each other instead of flying apart at some considerable fraction of speed C as your light balls in a dark box bullshit hypothesises would happen. When your postulate fails to match the evidence science modifies the hypothesis, while your EM=god religion ignores evidence that does not match dogma.
Positive claims require positive evidence, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And that which you assert without evidence gets dismissed without evidence.

It's a good thing your opinion is worthless.
You always attempt to shift the burden of proof to me because in the end you think your opinion means something when it doesn't.

Last edited by Lou on 25-Feb-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 25-Feb-2016 17:57:41
#271 ]
Elite Member

Oh look! Laser-based propulsion...who would have thunk it?
Not no gosh darn nimrod - that's for dang sure!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/nasa-laser-powered-spaceship-could-132538751.html?nf=1

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/02/22/mars-in-three-days-nasa-touts-new-propulsion-system.html

This makes me think back to those old Buck Rogers episodes where they fly thru a "gateway" in space and are propelled forward at intense speeds. The "gateway" could be a laser grid array that would focus on a parabolic cone on the back of the craft. When they all fire at the same time, the craft is propelled forward at an incredible speed. Amazing how science fiction can become science fact.

Last edited by Lou on 25-Feb-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 25-Feb-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 25-Feb-2016 18:14:44
#272 ]
Elite Member

Regarding the recent acceptance of a large body in the far reaches of the solar system. A 10,000 to 20,000 year orbit was 'guesstimated'. That number was thrown out there for an orbit that is more circular. If the orbit is actually quite elliptical, then a 3600 year orbits is on the cards. So the actual orbit is something that 'we' won't know for a long time.

Sorry to burst your Nibiru-denial bubble.

More evidence:
Quote:
Then he examined what would happen if a ninth planet were looping outward in the opposite direction. That, Dr. Batygin said, gave “a beautiful match to the real data.”

As, you well know PER SITCHIN, Nibiru orbits in retrograde.

Here's something that describes you all:
Quote:
“The theorists didn’t really take it seriously,” he said. “They figured it was all some observational effect. The observers didn’t take it seriously, because they figured it was all some theoretical thing they couldn’t understand.”

Here's the full article:
http://www.theworldweekly.com/reader/view/magazine/2016-01-20/evidence-emerges-of-a-massive-new-planet-in-our-solar-system/6409

Why do YOU continue to be wrong?
Why is YOUR brain filled with spoon-fed C.R.A.P.?

Last edited by Lou on 26-Feb-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 26-Feb-2016 17:19:07
#273 ]

@Lou
John Metric broke the National Electric Drag Racing Association record, not the world record, there is an important difference. And while there were not many cars faster than Metric last time you boasted about his electric fiero, he has fallen behind on the leaderboard with several others getting better top speeds than his latest offering.

The orbit of the hypothesised ninth planet was not "guesstimated" based on any observation of a newly discovered planet, it was calculated as one possible explanation of certain orbital discrepancies. A planet with a mass around ten times that of the Earth and an orbit of no less than 10,000 years and no more than 20,000. Those are the real facts that Dr. Batygin was referring to, not the badly written science fiction generated by Sitchin. But of course your maths is so piss-poor you probably do think that 3,600 falls somewhere between 10,000 and 20,000. Don't forget that according to Sitchins fantasy "Nibiru" was one of several planets orbiting a Dwarf Star, so not only is your orbital period out of tune with reality, so is the mass.

Nimrod 
Posted on 26-Feb-2016 17:27:38
#274 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Case in point reminder about animals and magnetic fields: http://phys.org/news/2016-02-magnetoreception-molecule-eyes-dogs-primates.html

Reminder? Did I say that dogs couldn't see things we can't? Lots of animals can see into the ultraviolet and infrared even though humans can't. This article proposes the idea that certain animals may be able to detect magnetic fields and perceive them as an optical image. It doesn't assume that dogs can move cars due to their "magnetovision" like superman shooting heat rays out of his eyes.

Last edited by Nimrod on 26-Feb-2016 at 05:28 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 2-Mar-2016 18:03:41
#275 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:
Regarding the recent acceptance of a large body in the far reaches of the solar system. A 10,000 to 20,000 year orbit was 'guesstimated'. That number was thrown out there for an orbit that is more circular. If the orbit is actually quite elliptical, then a 3600 year orbits is on the cards. So the actual orbit is something that 'we' won't know for a long time.

Not even The Official Website of Zecharia Stichin (http://www.stichin.com) appears to be aligned with your faith.
"Regarding the January 19, 2016 publication of an article in The Astronomical Journal about evidence for another large planet in our solar system in the Kuiper Belt beyond Pluto, I wrote on January 20:
With an elliptical orbit of 10,000 or 20,000 of our years, this planet may not be Nibiru, which has an orbit of about 3600 of our years. ..... I don't think this is Nibiru. "

BrianK 
Posted on 2-Mar-2016 22:33:10
#276 ]
Elite Member

Interstellar Magnetic Field Mapped
http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.3847/2041-8205/818/1/L18/meta

We continue to learn more about the electromagnetic fields and details in the universe. (Though our data is seriously lacking in the demonstration that it's one and the same as gravitational fields. Thus the idea that all Gravity is EM is even more religious than that of Dark Energy or Dark Matter. )

olegil 
Posted on 7-Mar-2016 14:10:04
#277 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Off-topic rant:
Why in the interstellar medium would people use microgauss as a unit rather than nanotesla? I can understand working with gauss is easier than millitesla, but when you're into micro anyway, why not nano?

Ok, I see that in this case it would be 230pT (0.23nT) instead of 2.3µG, but in my line of engineering we use pico all the time, so I don't see the problem.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Mar-2016 16:26:48
#278 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou
John Metric broke the National Electric Drag Racing Association record, not the world record, there is an important difference. And while there were not many cars faster than Metric last time you boasted about his electric fiero, he has fallen behind on the leaderboard with several others getting better top speeds than his latest offering.

The orbit of the hypothesised ninth planet was not "guesstimated" based on any observation of a newly discovered planet, it was calculated as one possible explanation of certain orbital discrepancies. A planet with a mass around ten times that of the Earth and an orbit of no less than 10,000 years and no more than 20,000. Those are the real facts that Dr. Batygin was referring to, not the badly written science fiction generated by Sitchin. But of course your maths is so piss-poor you probably do think that 3,600 falls somewhere between 10,000 and 20,000. Don't forget that according to Sitchins fantasy "Nibiru" was one of several planets orbiting a Dwarf Star, so not only is your orbital period out of tune with reality, so is the mass.

Again you show your incompetence.
The orbit was assumed to be slightly ovular like the rest of the planets in the solar system and I know reading comprehension is difficult for a nimrod but the article clearly states that it is not known at what point the planet may be in it's orbit.

Again, for the benefit of your incompetency, a highly elliptical orbit would bring it down to the 3600 year range.

The only 'real fact' is that it makes sense there is a celestial body out there and it corroborates Sitchin. Everything else is you pretending it doesn't.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Mar-2016 16:28:55
#279 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:

Not even The Official Website of Zecharia Stichin (http://www.stichin.com) appears to be aligned with your faith.
"Regarding the January 19, 2016 publication of an article in The Astronomical Journal about evidence for another large planet in our solar system in the Kuiper Belt beyond Pluto, I wrote on January 20:
With an elliptical orbit of 10,000 or 20,000 of our years, this planet may not be Nibiru, which has an orbit of about 3600 of our years. ..... I don't think this is Nibiru. "

Once again Brian, you fail at reading further:

Quote:
Orbit Update

After speaking with my father, Amnon Sitchin, brother to Zecharia Sitchin, PhD in Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering, and also the person who calculated the orbit of Nibiru for my uncle Zecharia, I found an interesting piece of news based on some additonal calculations he did this week:
If Nibiru's orbit of 3600 years was circular rather than elliptical, it would have an orbit of about 10,000 years.
Yes, you heard that right. I don't know whether the CalTech astronomers based their estimated orbital period on a circular or elliptical orbit. However, this tidbit means that I should not dismiss this planet as being Nibiru based on this estimated orbital time frame. I obviously need to learn more about planetary motion and astronomy to make any conclusions myself. I'm hoping that we can learn more and either find that this is Nibiru or that the search for this new planet helps us find Nibiru too.

J.Sitchin - January 27, 2016

Lou 
Posted on 8-Mar-2016 16:30:48
#280 ]
Elite Member

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/03/magnetic-mind-control-works-in-live-animals-makes-mice-happy/

All your worst nightmares and conspiracy theories about CIA mind control now seem plausible.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle