Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 109 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

pixie

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  4 mins ago
 OlafS25:  7 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  9 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  12 mins ago
 Hammer:  17 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  25 mins ago
 amigakit:  25 mins ago
 MichaelMerkel:  55 mins ago
 Matt3k:  55 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 35 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Is it me or all is boring...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
K-L 
Re: Is it me or all is boring...
Posted on 28-Jun-2018 18:33:21
#41 ]

@wawa

This is not the answer I was expecting since you are talking about Classis Amiga (I have A MiST and a MiniMig so no problem) but this is a little bit of topic acually

Profile     Report this post  
wawa 
Posted on 28-Jun-2018 18:45:18
#42 ]
Elite Member

@K-L

but this is the answer you are entitled to receive ;) so i deliver it. guess what has driven me away from what you are clutching to, years if not decades ago, is the same issue. only you had few more decades left to notice.

Last edited by wawa on 28-Jun-2018 at 06:47 PM.

number6 
Posted on 28-Jun-2018 18:50:17
#43 ]
Elite Member

@K-L

Quote:
this is a little bit of topic acually

Dunno. Oxymoron? The only thread with this much activity (which would indicate it is non-boring) is this thread about boredom.

amigakit 
Posted on 28-Jun-2018 18:51:49
#44 ]
Amiga Kit

@K-L

A new Enhancer Software public release (v1.4) is due very soon, watch this space!

Polaris 2D graphics driver has been completed for some time and running on our systems, Hans has been busy adding array support to Nova which is now completed. He has moved to completing the Polaris driver for Warp3D Nova.

wawa 
Posted on 28-Jun-2018 19:16:29
#45 ]
Elite Member

yawn..

Hans 
Posted on 29-Jun-2018 1:10:08
#46 ]
Elite Member

@Chris_Y

Quote:

Chris_Y wrote:
@BigD

I actually like Windows 10. Well, there are a few things that annoy me still but they are things like windows always coming to the front when you click on them whether you want them to or not, and I've gotten to the stage where I've given up swearing at such features. As much as possible if I need to do something I turn to Linux first and try to utilise a Raspberry Pi for the task. My Amiga dev environment largely consists of running Git on a Pi and accessing the data over Samba/smbfs and building natively (my cross-compile environment is in a Linux VM, I thought about trying to move that to a Pi too but I don't have the time and cba to fix the resulting fallout). I'm using the Amiga (OS4) less and less. In fact I can count the things I use it for on the fingers of one hand:
1. A collection of website-related spreadsheets I'm not keen on rewriting the macros of
2. An upload script which makes uploading changed website files as simple as a double-click (rsync could do this better - I already use it to do a backup in the other direction - but again it involves time and inclination to change my process)
3. A mailing list which goes into a nicely threading mailer, which I usually read unthreaded on my phone anyway
4. TuneNet which should be easy to find an alternative for.
5. Dev stuff which more often than not I cross compile, so the Amiga involvement is testing, and if I'm not using the Amiga I have less reason to write software for it, so...

It's literally just some time and point 1 that is stopping me from disconnecting it.

So, what thing(s) would reverse the trend and get you using OS4 more?

Hans

Hans 
Posted on 29-Jun-2018 1:10:47
#47 ]
Elite Member

@amigakit

Quote:

amigakit wrote:
@K-L

A new Enhancer Software public release (v1.4) is due very soon, watch this space!

Polaris 2D graphics driver has been completed for some time and running on our systems, Hans has been busy adding array support to Nova which is now completed. He has moved to completing the Polaris driver for Warp3D Nova.

Just to expand on this, there have been a number of other enhancements as well, mostly driven by what's needed for GL4ES to work properly.

GL4ES = OpenGL for OpenGL ES 2. It's a library that enables you to run software that requires desktop OpenGL features on systems using GLES2. This opens up porting more apps/games that need a more modern OpenGL, including a newer version of Blender. I'm very much looking forward to the new possibilities that'll bring.

The arrays support also increases what's possible:
- Regal (similar to GL4ES) uses it
- Some apps/games use arrays for doing lighting in once pass (the W3DNLogo demo does one render pass per light, effectively re-rendering the scene once per light)
- It opens the door to GPU-based skeletal animation, which improves performance when rendering humans/animals/etc. (like a lot of games)

Hans

Last edited by Hans on 29-Jun-2018 at 02:07 AM.

kolla 
Posted on 29-Jun-2018 12:26:50
#48 ]
Elite Member

How about letting Olsen release Roadshow updates for OS4 in his own pace, instead of having to wait for OS release cycles? My OS4 system is affected with bugs that are long time fixed in Roadshow for OS3... meh.

cdimauro 
Posted on 30-Jun-2018 7:25:21
#49 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:

wawa wrote:
our main dev had his project sitting on defect hardware and then discussion about funding replacement escalated due some dumb accusations.

dumb for people which isn't able to understand even elementary English.

BTW, it's not polite to call "idiots" people which isn't registered to other forums. At least here I've the possibility to reply to your rootless accusations (like I did on AROS Exec).

Regarding the topic, well, take a look at the Amiga forums: except for EAB which is active from very long time, there's a general decline and people is talking about usual topics.

What do you expect from a technology which has entered the legacy/retro status from already long time? There's no market. No developers. And this isn't nothing new.

So, usual discussions -> boring situation.

wawa 
Posted on 30-Jun-2018 8:37:24
#50 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

I didnt even call your nsme in this contrxt. But since you insist. I can only add that everybody can read the thread in question to judge for themselvrs whose accusations were roothless and pretty insulting on top of that.

cdimauro 
Posted on 30-Jun-2018 8:51:59
#51 ]
Elite Member

@wawa: well, a name isn't explicitly required to know who you were talking about. Your is just pure lack of courage trying to hide it, because you're not even able to take the responsibility of what you really think, and you've to unload your frustration in other forums (after that you tried on AROS-Exec with poor results).

However I agree on the last part: anyone can read the thread, SEQUENTIALLY and analyzing the PRECISE WORDS which were written, to understand how the things went. Basic English knowledge is required as well the capability to track the sequence of who said what (so, something which is out of question for you).

/OT

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 30-Jun-2018 9:38:43
#52 ]

@cdimauro
I have been silent for a few month because I have been busy with "larger / vivid" markets to make a living. Now the projects went well and I can lean back a litte and "come back" to the Amiga scene. Well.. in fact I want to expand the other project and "include" in a decent /inteligent way the AROS development.

My plan is now to combine a few positive projects with AROS.. or let's say.. I invite people to run AROS (hosted) to take advantages of an easy entry (no costs, less energy) to the topic of cloud mining and Masternodes.

The later is covered by an web services which "accidentally" will also provide VPS /VM's to Amicloud users (connection no 1) .

For Amigas (even the 68k ones) we will offer an Multicoin Wallet similar to Jaxx .

So there is coming a bit and I can only invite everyone here to join early (for free) and with a bit of "luck" (= cooperations and aggressive advertising) we will get the coin worth driven up. 10% of all generated coins will be reused for development.
Everyone (everyone who runs a wallet) can start new projects/bounties. Basically you can just ask to let the community buy you a computer or a car. Every wallet owner can than donate tokens.

Gouvernance ... I don't think "we" can do more than this.. And now the most important thing:
Amiga/AROS will make only a small fraction of the coin-project.. So it stays mainly attractive to "normal" cryptocurrency fans and Masternode holders outside our bubble.. With their power we can participate..
Early bird effect ...

And now I need your help :
I need some ideas for "predefined" bounties, we can put to the whitepaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GWyXdqiM4Q

------------------
Development task will be at first offered to Amiga/AROS developers to support them.
If they take the tasks, belongs to them. Funding comes from the project

Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 30-Jun-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 30-Jun-2018 at 09:39 AM.

cdimauro 
Posted on 30-Jun-2018 10:11:53
#53 ]
Elite Member

@phoenixkonsole: I saw your recent activity on AROS-Exec, so I'm informed about your project.

However, and since it was discussed just some time ago on the same forum, the problem with bounties is that if you open them without having already some developer which can take them, it's likely that the bounty will be left always open, aging and blocking the funds which were already allocated for this purpose.

IMO the best way to proceed is changing completely the current bounty platform. If you like a platform, whatever is AROS, AOS4, Morphos, Amiga (68K), it's better to have just one "collector" for all funds which people gave for a specific platform.
Then if there's some project to be made, there should be a poll for people of the platform to see if there's a good "consensus" towards this project by the community.
After that, there should be a "request for army" asking developers if they are interested. If you find a developer, then it's done. If more developers are interested, another community poll will be required to decide who should be assigned the project.

My 2 cents.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 30-Jun-2018 11:00:37
#54 ]

@cdimauro
This is how governance within a blockchain works : )
Someone says: hey I do it for 15000 and people send the money to a wallet.
Diskussion -> Developer -> payment of bounty sum to a wallet -> developer finishes work -> developer will get the money

Nobody there who does it = no locked coins.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 30-Jun-2018 12:34:36
#55 ]
Elite Member

@phoenixkonsole

There are some issues with bounties the bounties are assigned to developers who don't work on it. (Maybe have 10 other already assigned to them that they are not working on) Every sit waiting, nothing happened, other developers don't feel like starting on because someone else will get paid for it, maybe he working on It but not reporting progress.

Bunty requirement is not retched but 99% is done, because 1% requirements was based on some else doing another bounty that failed. How-to solve that.

The amount collected is not enough to make it a living, means that bounty does not really solve the problem of lack of time, because you still have to drive to work at 07:00, work from 08:00 to 16:00, drive home from work, go to store and buy food. Help your kids with homework, drive kids football, or whatever, so for many things won't really solve problem of time. For people with a life, they have family to think of.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 30-Jun-2018 12:59:23
#56 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga
This project is solving this .. you will understand it when it is online
Masternodes.online

Forget the old bounty system ..
Stop thinking inside the box.
Outside the box people pay a developer 15k just for changing a parameter in a wallet . This is where we have to move . As a side effect the devs work on Amiga related things.

So we combine the two things.

Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 30-Jun-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Chris_Y 
Posted on 30-Jun-2018 21:09:39
#57 ]
Elite Member

@Hans

Quote:

I honestly don't know. I still enjoy using AmigaOS and writing software for it, I just don't really see the point any more. I'm a bit jaded by the whole thing.

Hans 
Posted on 30-Jun-2018 22:21:19
#58 ]
Elite Member

@Chris_Y

Quote:

Chris_Y wrote:
@Hans

Quote:

I honestly don't know. I still enjoy using AmigaOS and writing software for it, I just don't really see the point any more. I'm a bit jaded by the whole thing.

Well, your website is "Unsatisfactory Software."

You might be less jaded if Netsurf was progressing faster. I just downloaded the latest version, and my company's website looks pretty bad, and the menus don't work.

I wish Netsurf were much further along toward modern web standards compliance because, unlike Odyssey & Timberwolf, it looks like it can actually be built on AmigaOS. At least, the build instructions say so (and look very straightforward). Being simple to build means that it's easier for people to get started with fixing bugs & adding new features.

BTW, does Netsurf have a plugin API?

Hans

kolla 
Posted on 1-Jul-2018 4:40:17
#59 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:

I can only add that everybody can read the thread in question to judge for themselvrs whose accusations were roothless and pretty insulting on top of that.

Woop, drama in the lands of AROS? Which thread? :)

cdimauro 
Posted on 1-Jul-2018 5:03:00
#60 ]
Elite Member

@kolla:

this is the thread: http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&type=&topic_id=10870&forum=1
the issues with me started at page 4, but it's important to (carefully and sequentially) read it from the beginning to construct a precise context (what happened, who said what, and when: the precise temporal sequence and words used are really important) .

And this is the goodbye thread: http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10879&forum=4

The first thread is closed, the discussion is now over, and I think that it's better to don't pollute this thread (albeit wawa continues to unload his frustrations on the Vampire forum, reporting what he believes he understood).

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle