Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 165 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

saimo,  Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 saimo:  36 secs ago
 Gunnar:  1 min ago
 DiscreetFX:  13 mins ago
 amigakit:  19 mins ago
 OldFart:  19 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  39 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 30 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  SketchBlock Professional Edition Now Available from AMIStore
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
kas1e 
Re: Getting ready for SketchBlock Professional Edition
Posted on 21-Nov-2018 18:51:51
#41 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues

Dunno if it me do something wrong, but, i tried to press on "edit" many times, to realise that this part of sketchblock uses ProAction, which i had to download separately (is it possible, to any action which require ProAction, made something like "you don't have proaction installed, go to os4depot for it", because as it now, it just nothing happens for a while and user guest wtf.

So, then i download ProAction, unpack it to system:proaction, click on ProactionCtrl, reboot, run SketchBlock , press "edit", and nothing happens. Nothing in console, no window spawns. So.. Press edit again, and i have "couldn't open port SBPREFSEDITOR". And even if i go to system:proaction, and run manually server and have that "proaction control" window where i have "stop server/restart server" , i still in SB have "couild't open port SBPREFSEDITOR".

I think that maybe its something about appdir entry which somehow remember some of my first attepts from another directory, so i delete from APPDIR: proaction entry, and run system:proaction/proactionctrl via icon again. Run SB , go to edit: no luck, still "could't open port SBPREFSEDITOR".

Dunno, but imho such an inportant option as "settings" should work out of box, without needs for another stuff to be downloaded (or at least, bundle that stuff with the release of SB, and be sure it will runs automatically as it should).

Profile     Report this post  
kas1e 
Posted on 21-Nov-2018 18:55:14
#42 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues
And on every run of SB i always have console output with errors:

pencusror load failed 1
pencusror select load failed 1
paintcusror load failed 1

If i remember right, they there even since first releases of SB :)

SinanG 
Posted on 21-Nov-2018 19:03:16
#43 ]

@kas1e

You have install latest version of AISS to fix this.

Amiga A1222 2GB Radeon RX 550
Sam 460 2GB RadeonRX 550

kas1e 
Posted on 21-Nov-2018 19:16:11
#44 ]
Elite Member

@SinanG
Oh yeah, that fix it ! Thanks

@broadblues
And now "edit" runs ok as well (probably after i delete entry in appdir: , then run proactionctrl from new place, and don't do reboot : so appdir maybe still think about old location, and after reboot all start to work, probabaly).

kas1e 
Posted on 21-Nov-2018 19:38:01
#45 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues
Btw, should't be "pen" tool be first one in the list, and not "smudge" ? I mean pen is more important and offten need it than smudge, and i always press on smudge as it first, in hope it is pen :)

broadblues 
Posted on 22-Nov-2018 0:55:54
#46 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@kas1e

Quote:

Dunno if it me do something wrong, but, i tried to press on "edit" many times, to realise that this part of sketchblock uses ProAction, which i had to download separately (is it possible, to any action which require ProAction, made something like "you don't have proaction installed, go to os4depot for it", because as it now, it just nothing happens for a while and user guest wtf.

So, then i download ProAction, unpack it to system:proaction, click on ProactionCtrl, reboot, run SketchBlock , press "edit", and nothing happens. Nothing in console, no window spawns. So.. Press edit again, and i have "couldn't open port SBPREFSEDITOR". And even if i go to system:proaction, and run manually server and have that "proaction control" window where i have "stop server/restart server" , i still in SB have "couild't open port SBPREFSEDITOR".

I think that maybe its something about appdir entry which somehow remember some of my first attepts from another directory, so i delete from APPDIR: proaction entry, and run system:proaction/proactionctrl via icon again. Run SB , go to edit: no luck, still "could't open port SBPREFSEDITOR".

Dunno, but imho such an inportant option as "settings" should work out of box, without needs for another stuff to be downloaded (or at least, bundle that stuff with the release of SB, and be sure it will runs automatically as it should).

Quote:

And on every run of SB i always have console output with errors:

pencusror load failed 1
pencusror select load failed 1
paintcusror load failed 1

If i remember right, they there even since first releases of SB :)

The weird behaviour with the Rexx script is actuall caused by the reported errors in the console, not in fact the 'errors' but the 'reports'. For some very weird reason and I can't work out if this is a script bug a console bug or sketchblock bug, if an error is printed to the console (abd that console was auto opened after starting from workbench, it *doesn't* happen if SketchBlock is started from the shell) then the console block the scripts execution. If you had pressed return in the console you would see an error printed to the console straight away IIRC and the script would have run. That blocked error doesn't actually happen if the console never opened , which is another mystery!

It's peculiar and didn't used to happen.

Nothing you did with AppDir: made any difference, and really it's not a good practice to go round messing that up when something doesn't run, the appdir-handler is more intelligent than you are and will get rid of expired links

The pen warnings can be avoided by making sure you have a recent AISS. Though with a theme in use they aren't used, so I may get rid of those warnings.

Last edited by broadblues on 22-Nov-2018 at 12:59 AM.

broadblues 
Posted on 22-Nov-2018 1:01:56
#47 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@kas1e

Quote:

Btw, should't be "pen" tool be first one in the list, and not "smudge" ? I mean pen is more important and offten need it than smudge, and i always press on smudge as it first, in hope it is pen :)

They are added in the order loaded from the directory by default. I mean to make the order user configurable at some point.

kas1e 
Posted on 22-Nov-2018 7:40:49
#48 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues

Right, that explain why after i deal with errors , proaction start to work..

Btw, is there any easy way, to work just like with some fast editing tool, like , i open image, select any are via some rectangle-select, press "del" and it delete that part ? Also to move it as well, like i select via some tool any area , then grab and move it. I remember that was not that easy for such little taks, and i had to create some separate scripts or kind ..

kas1e 
Posted on 22-Nov-2018 9:04:06
#49 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues
By the way, as far as i see, windows snapshooting option works, but it didn't snapshoot the inside of window reorganizing. I mean, for example we have SketchTools window, in which we have at top Tools. Under them we have some rectangular bar, which we can drag down, so, all tools will be fits.

And that position of that drag-bar always stays the same top, and even if i snapshoot windowses and they stay where they should be, and of size which they should be, stilll i always need to move dragbar under the tools again, to make visibly all of them, and to not have needs to use scrollbar gadget for them.

But that probably some general OS trouble ?

broadblues 
Posted on 22-Dec-2018 4:36:10
#50 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@kas1e

Quote:

@broadblues
By the way, as far as i see, windows snapshooting option works, but it didn't snapshoot the inside of window reorganizing. I mean, for example we have SketchTools window, in which we have at top Tools. Under them we have some rectangular bar, which we can drag down, so, all tools will be fits.

And that position of that drag-bar always stays the same top, and even if i snapshoot windowses and they stay where they should be, and of size which they should be, stilll i always need to move dragbar under the tools again, to make visibly all of them, and to not have needs to use scrollbar gadget for them.

But that probably some general OS trouble ?

I'm not using the OS window snap shotting here, but that system is not aware of the internals of a window, so wouldn;t support this feature.

I have now added saving the position of the weight bars in the tools and layers window when snapshotted. Will be in the next update, (early in new year I guess).

Yssing 
Posted on 23-Dec-2018 17:45:27
#51 ]

@broadblues will buy it, when I get some more money..

Doofus 
Re: SketchBlock Professional Edition Now Available from AMIStore
Posted on 27-Dec-2018 6:06:16
#52 ]

@broadblues

7 Years? I take it you have a day job. Are you doing this alone? Amiga needs this badly. I'm using TV Paint Professional on my OS 3.9 Amithlon, but I understand it also runs under OS 4.1. (The PC version costs $3000 for version 10)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle