Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6054 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
Home
Features
News
Forums
Classifieds
Links
Downloads
Extras
OS4 Zone
IRC Network
AmigaWorld Radio
Newsfeed
Top Members
Amiga Dealers
Information
About Us
FAQs
Advertise
Polls
Terms of Service
Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
79 crawler(s) on-line.
 13 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.


 kolla

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  3 mins ago
 Hammer:  11 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  12 mins ago
 THRIVECoworkingCumming:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 JKD:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 tygre:  3 hrs 6 mins ago
 dalek:  3 hrs 20 mins ago
 Trekiej:  4 hrs 3 mins ago
 Hypex:  4 hrs 55 mins ago
 eliyahu:  5 hrs 12 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Karlos 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 22-May-2022 20:40:21
#21 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 24-Aug-2003
Posts: 2642
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@bison

I don't hate Trevor. I'm long past any sort of partisanship, not that I ever felt particularly aligned to any of it over the years.. I'm just commenting on the surreal nature of the original post.

_________________
Doing stupid things for fun...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
bison 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 22-May-2022 22:51:30
#22 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 18-Dec-2007
Posts: 2088
From: N-Space

@number6

Thanks for the link. I've read it before, but somehow missed this, which seems to be the relevant paragraph:

Quote:
But at the same time, Dickinson is incriminating himself: The statement that Ben Hermans was forced to sign a contract that gives Dickinson and his partners free access to a lot of Hyperion's property and licenses basically equals an admission of blackmailing Mr. Hermans. Not to mention that this contract presumably would mostly hurt the company Hyperion - by obliterating most of their sources of income, for example - while Dickinson's description suggests that only the person Ben Hermans seems to be responsible for A-EON's problems.

@Karlos

Fair enough.

_________________
"Unix is supposed to fix that." -- Jay Miner

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
redfox 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 22-May-2022 23:49:36
#23 ]
Super Member
Joined: 7-Mar-2003
Posts: 1950
From: Canada

@Amiga4000

I met Trevor at AmiJAM 2019. I think he has made a genuine contribution to our community.



redfox

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 0:45:47
#24 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 13-Dec-2019
Posts: 905
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

Quote:

redfox wrote:
@Amiga4000

I met Trevor at AmiJAM 2019. I think he has made a genuine contribution to our community.



NAME IT

_________________
I HAVE ABS OF STEEL
--
CAN YOU SEE ME? CAN YOU HEAR ME? OK FOR WORK

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
BigD 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 1:08:34
#25 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 11-Aug-2005
Posts: 6414
From: UK

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

He provided a credible and approachable face of the Amiga for the first time since David Pleasance. He was a galvanising force when the Amiga community could have further dissolved after Eyetech exited. He is a showman and a nice and jovial Amiga version of Steve Jobs. Yes, not point as acute a technology visionary not a 1/100th as rude either but he loves the platform and pushes for machines that he would like to use. He was right with the X1000 and the chip availability did not play to his favour. Given another shuffle of the deck it might have worked out differently. The same with the Tabor. The same if he'd let Hyperion fail, but it's all a judgement call in the end at at least he took one!

Last edited by BigD on 23-May-2022 at 01:09 AM.

_________________
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."
John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 1:33:39
#26 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 13-Dec-2019
Posts: 905
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

Quote:

BigD wrote:

He provided a credible and approachable face of the Amiga for the first time since David Pleasance. He was a galvanising force when the Amiga community could have further dissolved after Eyetech exited. He is a showman and a nice and jovial Amiga version of Steve Jobs. Yes, not point as acute a technology visionary not a 1/100th as rude either but he loves the platform and pushes for machines that he would like to use. He was right with the X1000 and the chip availability did not play to his favour. Given another shuffle of the deck it might have worked out differently. The same with the Tabor. The same if he'd let Hyperion fail, but it's all a judgement call in the end at at least he took one!


Friend BigD,

given your track record for gullibility (i.e. holy lambs, 7th seals and the likes),
you will be excused.


Bestest regards,
/MEGA!

_________________
I HAVE ABS OF STEEL
--
CAN YOU SEE ME? CAN YOU HEAR ME? OK FOR WORK

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
BigD 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 1:40:36
#27 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 11-Aug-2005
Posts: 6414
From: UK

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

And who do you follow...

... the chaos god Khorne?

Last edited by BigD on 23-May-2022 at 01:41 AM.

_________________
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."
John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
klx300r 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 2:08:50
#28 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 4-Mar-2008
Posts: 3757
From: Toronto, Canada

@BigD

agree Trevor & ACube have been great for getting new hardware out for OS4.x users (Hyperion lawsuit aside) after soo many promises from 'other' companies that only produced vapour ware

_________________
____________________________
c64-2sids, A1000, A1200T-060@50(finally working!),A4000-CSMKIII
! My Master Miggies- Amiga 1000 & AmigaOne X1000 !
mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
TrevorDick 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 5:01:38
#29 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 30-Dec-2004
Posts: 2677
From: Wellington

@klx300r

Must be a slow news day?

Anyway the photo was taken about 12 years ago.

As for the other comments. Meh!

TrevorD

_________________
No, I don't need no reason, I'm just breezin'

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
agami 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 5:05:01
#30 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 30-Jun-2008
Posts: 964
From: Melbourne, Australia

@Nonefornow
It can run both DOpus AND a Web Browser?! Surely worthy of that grin and the photo op.

@bison
I don't and never have hated the man. Hate is a strong emotion I only allow in my system for the slimiest of slime, the smug righteous, and bullies.

Trevor, like pretty much any individual, does not get a free pass. Trust and Respect are earned. He simply never did.

@BigD, @redfox, @klx300r, and ilk
Y'all are cheap dates. Show up on your coast with a chest full of red & white checkered paraphernalia, and you willingly hand over your gold, silver, and gemstones.

Just because a colonizing force gives a little in return, does not make it any less exploitative.

@BigD
Quote:
He was a galvanising force

Was he though? Or did he set a cat amongst the pigeons?
Yes he spent some $ on an attempt at viral marketing, which many never bothered to see that it was too good to be true. In the end, the X1000 hype reminded me of the verse from MacBeth:
Quote:
It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.


Quote:
He was right with the X1000

Highly debatable. Not just in hindsight, i did plenty of it leading up to its release and thereafter. But would the zealots hear any of it?

And then he doesn't learn from the X1000 mistake and goes on to make more of them with the X5000.

Quote:
the chip availability did not play to his favour. Given another shuffle of the deck it might have worked out differently. The same with the Tabor. The same if he'd let Hyperion fail

Trivial obstacles for a "galvanising force".

@klx300r
Quote:
agree Trevor & ACube have been great for getting new hardware out for OS4.x users

Playing it a bit fast and loose with the adjective "new" there?

_________________
All the way, with 68k

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
agami 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 5:08:14
#31 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 30-Jun-2008
Posts: 964
From: Melbourne, Australia

@TrevorDick

Quote:

TrevorDick wrote:
@klx300r

Must be a slow news day?

Anyway the photo was taken about 12 years ago.

As for the other comments. Meh!

TrevorD

And just as I was saying that I don't hate the man.

_________________
All the way, with 68k

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 5:10:03
#32 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 13-Dec-2019
Posts: 905
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

Quote:

agami wrote:

Hate is a strong emotion I only allow in my system for the slimiest of slime, the smug righteous, and bullies.


HENCE T.D.

_________________
I HAVE ABS OF STEEL
--
CAN YOU SEE ME? CAN YOU HEAR ME? OK FOR WORK

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 5:11:08
#33 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 13-Dec-2019
Posts: 905
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

Quote:

TrevorDick wrote:
@klx300r

Must be a slow news day?

Anyway the photo was taken about 12 years ago.

As for the other comments. Meh!

TrevorD




GODDAMNIT, WHO SAID HIS NAME THREE TIMES IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR???

_________________
I HAVE ABS OF STEEL
--
CAN YOU SEE ME? CAN YOU HEAR ME? OK FOR WORK

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
agami 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 5:13:07
#34 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 30-Jun-2008
Posts: 964
From: Melbourne, Australia

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Quote:

MEGA_RJ_MICAL wrote:
Quote:

TrevorDick wrote:
@klx300r

Must be a slow news day?

Anyway the photo was taken about 12 years ago.

As for the other comments. Meh!

TrevorD




GODDAMNIT, WHO SAID HIS NAME THREE TIMES IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR???


Nice

_________________
All the way, with 68k

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 5:37:10
#35 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Oct-2012
Posts: 2541
From: Germany

@redfox: Quote:


redfox wrote:
@Amiga4000

I met Trevor at AmiJAM 2019. I think he has made a genuine contribution to our community.



redfox

He can do whatever he wants with his money, but he deserves NO respect at all IF it is true that he financed Hyperion's lawsuit against Amiga Inc. (which is the root cause of the current situation in the community).

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
agami 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 5:52:38
#36 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 30-Jun-2008
Posts: 964
From: Melbourne, Australia

@cdimauro

Quote:
He can do whatever he wants with his money

And Russian oligarchs can do whatever THEY want with their money? And blood diamond traders can do whatever THEY want with their money? And Suadi royals can do whatever THEY want with their money?

Just because a person is spending their own money (if there is such a thing), does not absolve them from conducting themselves ethically.


Quote:
IF

Not just a river in Egypt.

_________________
All the way, with 68k

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 6:03:33
#37 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Oct-2012
Posts: 2541
From: Germany

@agami

Quote:

agami wrote:
@cdimauro

Quote:
He can do whatever he wants with his money

And Russian oligarchs can do whatever THEY want with their money? And blood diamond traders can do whatever THEY want with their money? And Suadi royals can do whatever THEY want with their money?

Just because a person is spending their own money (if there is such a thing), does not absolve them from conducting themselves ethically.

Sure. And this applies to EVERYBODY, since our society is based on the exploitation of billions of other people.
Quote:
Quote:
IF

Not just a river in Egypt.

?

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
fishy_fis 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 6:44:33
#38 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Mar-2004
Posts: 2036
From: Australia

@bison

There's a big difference between "hate" and "dislike".

Personally I liken him to a snake oil salesman.
He's milking the community with subpar, overpriced products while projecting an image of "helping".
He's a salesman, pretending to be something else. That's not a likable trait.

He also appears to be pretty clueless when it comes to putting products together,... zero technical insight. Either that or going for maximum profit margins, end product be damned (Steven Jones parallel here), knowing there's going to be gullible people desperate for anything.

And then there's the egotistical side (seriously, who wears red and white checkered shoes other than those looking for attention?). Humility is a much more endearing trait, but this is a concept that appears foreign to him.

If he really wanted to help the Amiga community his actions would be completely different to what they've been for years. Everything he's done points to narcissism and/or egotism.

And people, en masse, lap it up.
Taking advantage of people under the guise of helping them is deplorable.

"You call him the messiah,
I see a reckless faction based on mental slavery".

All that aside though, he really *does* look like the "you mad bro?" meme character.
That wasnt meant as an insult, it just stood out like all heck.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 6:51:08
#39 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 13-Dec-2019
Posts: 905
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

@fishy_fis

Quote:

fishy_fis wrote:
@bison

There's a big difference between "hate" and "dislike".

Personally I liken him to a snake oil salesman.
He's milking the community with subpar, overpriced products while projecting an image of "helping".
He's a salesman, pretending to be something else. That's not a likable trait.

He also appears to be pretty clueless when it comes to putting products together,... zero technical insight. Either that or going for maximum profit margins, end product be damned (Steven Jones parallel here), knowing there's going to be gullible people desperate for anything.

And then there's the egotistical side (seriously, who wears red and white checkered shoes other than those looking for attention?). Humility is a much more endearing trait, but this is a concept that appears foreign to him.

If he really wanted to help the Amiga community his actions would be completely different to what they've been for years. Everything he's done points to narcissism and/or egotism.

And people, en masse, lap it up.
Taking advantage of people under the guise of helping them is deplorable.

"You call him the messiah,
I see a reckless faction based on mental slavery".

All that aside though, he really *does* look like the "you mad bro?" meme character.
That wasnt meant as an insult, it just stood out like all heck.


A SIMPLE "I SECOND THE MIGHTY MEGA_RJ_MICAL'S THOUGHTS" WOULD HAVE SUFFICED, my dear friend and brother in underscores.

/mega

_________________
I HAVE ABS OF STEEL
--
CAN YOU SEE ME? CAN YOU HEAR ME? OK FOR WORK

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
agami 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 9:55:24
#40 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 30-Jun-2008
Posts: 964
From: Melbourne, Australia

@cdimauro

Quote:

cdimauro wrote:
Sure. And this applies to EVERYBODY, since our society is based on the exploitation of billions of other people.

That's a very cynical perspective. Believe it or not, there are actual people out there trying to do some good.

I can't justify one person's personal mission to exploit consumers with the fact that millions of others are doing that to consumers everywhere.

Quote:

Quote:
IF

Quote:

Not just a river in Egypt.

?

Denial

Sorry, it's an English thing. "The Nile" can often be colloquially pronounced as Denial. It's a running joke "Denial, it's not just a river in Egypt".

Multiple edits: Fricken nested quotes

Last edited by agami on 23-May-2022 at 09:57 AM.
Last edited by agami on 23-May-2022 at 09:56 AM.
Last edited by agami on 23-May-2022 at 09:55 AM.

_________________
All the way, with 68k

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle