Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
30 crawler(s) on-line.
 109 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

_ThEcRoW

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 _ThEcRoW:  2 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  18 mins ago
 retrofaza:  19 mins ago
 Rob:  19 mins ago
 OlafS25:  42 mins ago
 Gunnar:  50 mins ago
 Kremlar:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 dirkzwager:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 43 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
FairBoy 
Re: Trevor Dickinson's Bathroom
Posted on 23-May-2022 9:42:32
#41 ]

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL
If fishy_sys seconds you then you can be fairly sure that the point you made was absolutely wrong.

@the sad losers here
Some of Trevor's achievements: X1000, X5000 (both with a solid userbase), financial and voluntary support of countless Amiga events and stuff.
Your achievements: typing shit @ amigaworld.net.

In all fairness, Trevor isn't the problem, you are.

Profile     Report this post  
OlafS25 
Posted on 23-May-2022 10:05:01
#42 ]
Elite Member

@TrevorDick

I must excuse for others... it is not a good behavior to insult someone personally. For me personal it is ok to critisize decisions but only by based on facts and reasons and not by personal insulting a person.

Last edited by OlafS25 on 23-May-2022 at 10:14 AM.

OlafS25 
Posted on 23-May-2022 10:10:23
#43 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

What situation? As long you not stick to "the true" you have all freedom to do what you like. The lawsuit is not really hindering development today. In the other thread I asked people not just to talk but to contribute. Everyone with even only some experience can help. Experienced developers could even make a difference. That would be more constructive than insulting people. I also disagreed with some of Trevors decisions but as already mentioned it was his money he risked and there is a big chance that he will never get back the investment from Tabor. But that is his decision.

Last edited by OlafS25 on 23-May-2022 at 10:15 AM.

OlafS25 
Posted on 23-May-2022 10:14:01
#44 ]
Elite Member

@fishy_fis

what are you up too?

Apple is also milking its loyal customers with overprized hardware. Nobody is forced to buy anything if he or she not wants or cannot afford to.

There are enough options today. I do not see anyone hindered to contribute or development stopped.

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 23-May-2022 10:17:04
#45 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

Grovel friend OlafS25,

grovel.

/mega

OlafS25 
Posted on 23-May-2022 10:19:21
#46 ]
Elite Member

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

I do not "grovel" but learned some lections from my parents, something that is obviously not the case for everyone here

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 23-May-2022 10:24:53
#47 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

Quote:

OlafS25 wrote:

I do not "grovel" but learned some lections from my parents, something that is obviously not the case for everyone here

English was, apparently, not part the curriculum.

Rooting for the money man, was.

/mega!!!!!

Amiga4000 
Posted on 23-May-2022 14:53:04
#48 ]

Let me clarify……….

The picture was simply an equation puzzle;
Amiga’s future + Trevor Dickinson = in the Crapper.

The poem is my example of Trevor’s Word Jenga.

IMO, Trevor Dickinson is the Spoiler in Amiga development.

Skateman 
Posted on 23-May-2022 15:43:49
#49 ]

@OlafS25

I totaly agree with you on this.....

Quote:
@TrevorDick

I must excuse for others... it is not a good behavior to insult someone personally. For me personal it is ok to critisize decisions but only by based on facts and reasons and not by personal insulting a person.

Last edited by Skateman on 23-May-2022 at 04:08 PM.

cdimauro 
Posted on 23-May-2022 16:36:53
#50 ]
Elite Member

@agami

Quote:

agami wrote:
@cdimauro

Quote:

cdimauro wrote:
Sure. And this applies to EVERYBODY, since our society is based on the exploitation of billions of other people.

That's a very cynical perspective. Believe it or not, there are actual people out there trying to do some good.

I can't justify one person's personal mission to exploit consumers with the fact that millions of others are doing that to consumers everywhere.

And your is an hypocritical perspective, since you are trying to discriminate singles and multiple persons which are doing the same thing. Exploitation is the problem, and you should focus on it.

In fact, there are even rich / powerful people which are trying to do some good.

Last but not really least, we weren't talking about people doing illegal things. In fact, you talked about ethic, and each one has its personal one.
Quote:
Quote:

Not just a river in Egypt.

?

Quote:
Denial

Sorry, it's an English thing. "The Nile" can often be colloquially pronounced as Denial. It's a running joke "Denial, it's not just a river in Egypt".

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know it, as a non-native speaker.
Quote:
Multiple edits: Fricken nested quotes

This site is still blocked to web 1.0...

@OlafS25

Quote:

OlafS25 wrote:
@cdimauro

What situation? As long you not stick to "the true" you have all freedom to do what you like.

I think that you need to take a look again at the Amiga Documents.

#6 also reported this part a few months ago (who financed The lawsuit).
Quote:
The lawsuit is not really hindering development today.

Really? Zealots here are blaming it for blocked development.
Quote:
In the other thread I asked people not just to talk but to contribute. Everyone with even only some experience can help. Experienced developers could even make a difference.

True, but does it change something about what I've talked about?

The two things aren't mutually-exclusive...
Quote:
That would be more constructive than insulting people.

True again, but I don't understand why you quoted me for saying this again. Did I insulted Trevor in your opinion? If yes, then quote me and prove it.
Quote:
I also disagreed with some of Trevors decisions but as already mentioned it was his money he risked and there is a big chance that he will never get back the investment from Tabor. But that is his decision.

Which is what I've already said before, right? He can do whatever he wants with his money...

OlafS25 
Posted on 23-May-2022 17:15:12
#51 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

for me that was too harsh too. What means "no respect" here? That propably animated some people here to bash on Trevor. I do not agree to his decisions too and assume he is a amiga fan with some money but without much technical knowledge and bad advisors. So you can certainly critisize the hardware decisions about Tabor. I would even say developing niche PPC hardware was a bad decision at all, it would have been better to invest the money in porting it to standard hardware. But it is his money and decisions...

and yes people claim that development is hold back by the lawsuit but I do not see that. There are enough opportunities to take part in development if you really want. Most are not really interested...

Last edited by OlafS25 on 23-May-2022 at 05:16 PM.

cdimauro 
Posted on 23-May-2022 18:58:38
#52 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

Quote:

OlafS25 wrote:
@cdimauro

for me that was too harsh too.

For you. But for me it isn't, because it's just my opinion and I used no offensive words, etc..
Quote:
What means "no respect" here?

No respect: I don't like him as a person IF he has financed Hyperion for the lawsuit.
Quote:
That propably animated some people here to bash on Trevor.

Sorry to say that, but you completely lost the context of the discussion.

My comment was just #35 here: other people was already writing not so respectful (let's say that) comment, without my contribute.

And, as I've said, I've just expressed my honest opinion, without going personal.
Quote:
I do not agree to his decisions too and assume he is a amiga fan with some money but without much technical knowledge and bad advisors. So you can certainly critisize the hardware decisions about Tabor. I would even say developing niche PPC hardware was a bad decision at all, it would have been better to invest the money in porting it to standard hardware. But it is his money and decisions...

Indeed.

He had bad advisors with X1000. He continued with X5000. And finally with Tabor as well.

So, if the situation is what it is, it's because he wanted it.
Quote:
and yes people claim that development is hold back by the lawsuit but I do not see that.

In fact. AmigaOS 3.1.4 and 3.2 clearly prove that they are completely wrong.
Quote:
There are enough opportunities to take part in development if you really want. Most are not really interested...

If people isn't interested you can do nothing.

At the very end, the post-Amiga o.ses/platforms are just part of the big retro-computing family...

BigD 
Posted on 23-May-2022 19:40:34
#53 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

Quote:

He had bad advisors with X1000. He continued with X5000. And finally with Tabor as well.

OK, Varisys pushed A-EON to include the Xorro X-Core 'son of the transputer' chip which was absolutely and utterly pointless and unsupported in AmigaOS! A mistake but it could have paid off and was a $2 chip.

Other than that Varisys helped A-EON bring two competent well made niche AmigaOS supported hardware products to market. Now that they've gone it alone without Varisys (having bought out the Tabor design off the new owners) the wheels have come off a bit.

However, Mick Tinker a technical genius and even Eyetech's technical guru/MD Alan Redhouse did not achieve the results Trevor did at the end of the day! Also, Matthew Leaman and Mike Battilana need Trevor to keep the Amiga brand credible IMHO; the three of them are the best executive team Los Gatos never had! Steve Solie is also the best Head of Software Development that we could hope for who Hyperion fired in their infinite wisdom!

Respect where it is due please.

Last edited by BigD on 23-May-2022 at 07:42 PM.

number6 
Posted on 23-May-2022 19:59:02
#54 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
Also, Matthew Leaman and Mike Battilana need Trevor to keep the Amiga brand credible IMHO

I thought Mike achieved this on his own with RetroGames Ltd. No?

Also, I would not translate a picture of people "hugging" into an indication of a strong friendship, alliance, or mutual respect.

cdimauro 
Posted on 23-May-2022 20:11:30
#55 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@cdimauro

Quote:

OK, Varisys pushed A-EON to include the Xorro X-Core 'son of the transputer' chip which was absolutely and utterly pointless and unsupported in AmigaOS! A mistake but it could have paid off and was a $2 chip.

The chip costed more, and the total costs are much higher because you don't take into account the change in the motherboard layout, the wires, and the additional Xorro slot.
Quote:
Other than that Varisys helped A-EON bring two competent well made niche AmigaOS supported hardware products to market. Now that they've gone it alone without Varisys (having bought out the Tabor design off the new owners) the wheels have come off a bit.

This collaboration was very expensive. Which is something that was paid by the end users.
Quote:
However, Mick Tinker a technical genius and even Eyetech's technical guru/MD Alan Redhouse did not achieve the results Trevor did at the end of the day!

Well, if you pay a lot I can ensure you that you could get a very good support.
Quote:
Also, Matthew Leaman and Mike Battilana need Trevor to keep the Amiga brand credible IMHO;

I don't think so.

BTW, actually the Amiga brand is under Michele's hands. AmigaOne is a different brand, for completely different machines.
Quote:
the three of them are the best executive team Los Gatos never had!

OK, and then where are the results?
Quote:
Steve Solie is also the best Head of Software Development that we could hope for who Hyperion fired in their infinite wisdom!

Respect where it is due please.

Please, don't let me take my gun to shoot him again. Just search his past statements to see how "good" it was/is...

number6 
Posted on 23-May-2022 20:30:22
#56 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

Quote:
AmigaOne is a different brand, for completely different machines.

You have not been here so much lately, so you may have missed some critical information concerning that.

I suggest reading #1641 and #1648 to see the more current status

ferrels 
Posted on 23-May-2022 20:36:10
#57 ]
Cult Member

@BigD
Quote:
Also, Matthew Leaman and Mike Battilana need Trevor to keep the Amiga brand credible IMHO

There's nothing credible about the Amiga brand nor Hyperion brand and it's been that way for 20+ years. I guess you've missed all the court battles.

@cdimauro

I'm glad for your rebuttal regarding BigD's comments regarding the Xena fiasco and want to add that your comments are spot-on. I was interested in an X1000 until I began seeing all the dishonest sales/marketing tripe about the Xena "co-processor". After reading the spec sheet it was easy enough to figure out that it wasn't even as powerful as an Arduino, much harder to program, and much less useful than Trevor would have had us believe. Not to mention that users were asked to pay boutique prices for already ancient and EOL'd hardware.

The X1000/Xena left me with a bad taste in my mouth due to all the misleading sales statements and I'm glad now that I didn't buy into the hype nor buy an X1000, X5000 or put any money down on an A1222. There are much better ways these days to get the "Amiga experience" or the "Amiga feel" than buying anything Trevor has to offer.

Karlos 
Posted on 23-May-2022 21:05:02
#58 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

Since it's been mentioned, was the Xorro chip/slot ever used for anything in the end?

OlafS25 
Posted on 23-May-2022 21:23:52
#59 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

no

As I understand it, there was never direct support and development tools for it. All only on Windows

Amiga4000 
Posted on 23-May-2022 21:50:39
#60 ]

Remember this?

This X1000 doesn’t work! It was marketed as an “Amiga Ready Experience” and that’s what I expected! Advertised features don’t work, the machine continually crashes and now I seem to have hardware failures!

Standard response:

NO ONE advertised the X1000 as ready “OUT OF THE BOX”. This is a HOBBY! You should treat it as such! IT'S A HOBBY! If you don’t have the expertise to work with what you bought, you should consider leaving the scene! If you can’t work with the shortcomings you should SELL IT! This is a work in progress and you should be thankful there's new hardware! IT"S A HOBBY!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle