Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6072 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 32 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.


 Karlos

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Karlos:  3 mins ago
 Rob:  27 mins ago
 zipper:  45 mins ago
 matthey:  49 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 Tpod:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 Kronos:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 cdimauro:  2 hrs 19 mins ago
 duga:  2 hrs 20 mins ago
 fatbob_gb:  2 hrs 23 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  The Best Amiga Hardware and Software 2023
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
cdimauro 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 15:39:11
#41 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Oct-2012
Posts: 3549
From: Germany

@Seiya

Quote:

Seiya wrote:
@cdimauro

I wrote that emu68 is like using WinUAE.
You said that's not true.

Correct.
Quote:
I replied that it is an emulator and you replied that it is a Hypervisor.

It's pathetic your tentative to change the cards on the table. You said that this:

"emu68 is the driver"

and here I've correct you:

"Emu68 is NOT a driver.
[...]
Emu68 is an hypervisor which has the main purpose (but NOT only this) to implement a JIT 68k-to-ARM64 and run the translated blocks of code."

Quote:
I gave you some links on what a hypervisor is, but you didn't continue the discussion. You remained vague without going further.

Same as above. No, I've already replied you. Again:

Emu68 is an hypervisor which has the main purpose (but NOT only this) to implement a JIT 68k-to-ARM64 and run the translated blocks of code."

Is it a VM? Clearly NOT. And you know what? Because an hypervisor CAN help creating and running VMs but it's NOT limited to that.

Another example is how modern o.ses isolate REGULAR APPLICATIONS execution by running them on sandboxes. This happens by using... hypervisors.

Understood now?

In fact, see above what I've said about the Emu68, which proves it.

That should have been enough. Let's see if writing it again helps, but I have strong doubts about it.
Quote:
What do you want to argue about?

See above.
Quote:
You should intervene if someone makes a mistake and explain why, but instead you remain vague, talk between the lines and don't give a definitive answer.

It's not my problem if YOU aren't able to understand, since you completely lack knowledge about the argument.

This time I've added OTHER things, which were NOT necessary before if you had the right knowledge.
Quote:
You have always done this on all the forums and social networks where you participate. The others are wrong, but you don't give a definitive and final answer supported by official documentation.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. Now you go playing the victim role and spread pure LIES against me, of course reporting not a single link to prove your mud.
Quote:
I asked you what Pistorm + emu68 is, but you haven't given an answer yet.

I've already done and if you're so limited to understand it, then it's not my problem, but YOUR.
Quote:
Look, if you want to continue this challenge of who is right, we can continue forever.

Who cares. Do you want to continue showing how much ignorant and short mind are you? No problem! Go ahead.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 15:40:51
#42 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Oct-2012
Posts: 3549
From: Germany

@Seiya

Quote:

Seiya wrote:
@agami

Quote:
A hypervisor is software ^.

Case closed.



but it's not Amiga software. It run on Raspberry ARM64.
Topic is "Amiga" software that run on 68k or PPC.

LOL Now PowerPC is good but ARM64 is not.

And that's only because... Seiya said it!
Quote:
If you show that emu68 run on Amiga 68k, it's ok.

Another non-sense...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
pavlor 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 16:03:00
#43 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 10-Jul-2005
Posts: 9570
From: Unknown

@cdimauro

Quote:
And that's only because... Seiya said it!


It is Seiya's fanzine, so his rules apply.

I wonder why fellow Amiga users so like arguing to death among themselves about trivia like this.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
agami 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 16:11:30
#44 ]
Super Member
Joined: 30-Jun-2008
Posts: 1620
From: Melbourne, Australia

@pavlor

Funny, I always thought a fanzine is made for the fans and not just for the editor-in-chief.

The fact remains, that most of the people who would read @Seiya’s fanzine would agree that emu68 is Amiga software. Made by Amigans for the benefit of Amigans, to help maker classic Amiga’s perform better than ever in history.

The fact that emu68 is currently compiled to run on ARM is only something which @Seiya insists on highlighting to split the proverbial hairs, because he doesn’t like that most Amigans picked emu68 as the best software for 2023.

He first tried to make the argument that it isn’t software, then he begrudgingly accepted that it is software, but its running on ARM so he moves the goal posts to narrow the definition to 68k and PPC. Which means he just alienated the black cat camp who run AROS on x86. I gues they don’t count.

He could have made a survey, but he left it open to free-form responses. The responses in this thread is what he gets.

Last edited by agami on 04-Nov-2023 at 04:21 PM.
Last edited by agami on 04-Nov-2023 at 04:20 PM.
Last edited by agami on 04-Nov-2023 at 04:19 PM.

_________________
All the way, with 68k

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Tpod 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 16:42:26
#45 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 16-Oct-2009
Posts: 114
From: UK

Quote:

pavlor wrote:

It is Seiya's fanzine, so his rules apply.

I wonder why fellow Amiga users so like arguing to death among themselves about trivia like this.

+1.
This then some of this doesn't do a lot for anyone!

_________________
A1200+Mediator+Voodoo3+040+130mbRAM+0S3.9
A2000+Supra28mhz+9mbRAM+OS3.2.2, CD32 & WinUAE

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
agami 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 17:03:26
#46 ]
Super Member
Joined: 30-Jun-2008
Posts: 1620
From: Melbourne, Australia

@Tpod

Quote:
Tpod wrote:
Quote:

pavlor wrote:

It is Seiya's fanzine, so his rules apply.

I wonder why fellow Amiga users so like arguing to death among themselves about trivia like this.

+1.
This then some of this doesn't do a lot for anyone!

You seem to forget that it takes two to tango.

None of what you state would’ve happened if @Seiya simply thanked everyone for their contributions.

_________________
All the way, with 68k

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Tpod 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 17:25:05
#47 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 16-Oct-2009
Posts: 114
From: UK

@agami

I certainly haven't forgotten that it takes two to tango ... that was exactly what myself & I believe pavlor was stating. We both also clearly think its just Seiya's fanzine poll so he gets to make his own rules whether or not you, me or anyone else agrees with them.

I've already stated my view of this definition, see post #18, but as I say its not my poll so I don't get to decide.

Last edited by Tpod on 04-Nov-2023 at 05:36 PM.

_________________
A1200+Mediator+Voodoo3+040+130mbRAM+0S3.9
A2000+Supra28mhz+9mbRAM+OS3.2.2, CD32 & WinUAE

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Seiya 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 17:35:07
#48 ]
Super Member
Joined: 19-Aug-2006
Posts: 1473
From: Italia

The topic was: the best hardware and software for Amiga of 2023. Everyone writes freely and without coercion what hardware and software they think is the best. The software was implied to be programs, operating systems and games for 68k and PPC.


@pavlor, @tpod
I also posted this data for other magazines that were much more important than my fanzine, but cdimauro and Agami did everything they could to ruin the topic. There are other forums where people have given their votes and maybe you will read in other magazines/fanzines.





Last edited by Seiya on 04-Nov-2023 at 05:36 PM.
Last edited by Seiya on 04-Nov-2023 at 05:36 PM.

_________________

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Rob 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 18:05:37
#49 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 20-Mar-2003
Posts: 6334
From: S.Wales

@Seiya

Agami simply nominated PiStorm32 Lite and Emu68k. They are perfectly reasonable choices. You reacted badly because your definitions aren't universal and you dragged your own thread in a combatative direction.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 18:32:18
#50 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Oct-2012
Posts: 3549
From: Germany

@agami

Quote:

agami wrote:
@pavlor

Funny, I always thought a fanzine is made for the fans and not just for the editor-in-chief.

The fact remains, that most of the people who would read @Seiya’s fanzine would agree that emu68 is Amiga software. Made by Amigans for the benefit of Amigans, to help maker classic Amiga’s perform better than ever in history.

The fact that emu68 is currently compiled to run on ARM is only something which @Seiya insists on highlighting to split the proverbial hairs, because he doesn’t like that most Amigans picked emu68 as the best software for 2023.

He first tried to make the argument that it isn’t software, then he begrudgingly accepted that it is software, but its running on ARM so he moves the goal posts to narrow the definition to 68k and PPC. Which means he just alienated the black cat camp who run AROS on x86. I gues they don’t count.

He could have made a survey, but he left it open to free-form responses. The responses in this thread is what he gets.


*

@Rob

Quote:

Rob wrote:
@Seiya

Agami simply nominated PiStorm32 Lite and Emu68k. They are perfectly reasonable choices. You reacted badly because your definitions aren't universal and you dragged your own thread in a combatative direction.

*

@Seiya

Quote:

Seiya wrote:
The topic was: the best hardware and software for Amiga of 2023. Everyone writes freely and without coercion what hardware and software they think is the best. The software was implied to be programs, operating systems and games for 68k and PPC.

You continue to change the cards on the table, because you're intellectually dishonest.

The topic is this: https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=45071&forum=2&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0#864518

The Best hardware and the best software 2023

what is, in your opinion, the best hardware and the best software (Applications and Games) for this 2023? the result i put on my fanzine for 25 December issue.
I thought that write "software" people know that i refering Games and Applications.


Where even an idiot can see that there's NO reference to the Amiga.

But you changed again the cards and you added PPC. But this only on the LAST TWO RECENT POSTS!

Last but not really least, PPC is NOT Amiga. You don't even know the definition of "Amiga"!
Quote:
@pavlor, @tpod
I also posted this data for other magazines that were much more important than my fanzine,

And? Who cares! Here we're on AmigaWorld and that's a new topic for this site.
Quote:
but cdimauro and Agami did everything they could to ruin the topic.

I've just reported the topic about for your convenience, since you don't recall even what YOU stated...
Quote:
There are other forums where people have given their votes and maybe you will read in other magazines/fanzines.

Again, WHO CARES!!! We're on AmigaWorld.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Seiya 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 18:40:02
#51 ]
Super Member
Joined: 19-Aug-2006
Posts: 1473
From: Italia

@Rob

Pistorm and Pistorm32lite is ok.

_________________

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Seiya 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 18:48:31
#52 ]
Super Member
Joined: 19-Aug-2006
Posts: 1473
From: Italia

@cdimauro

Writing the "best hardware and software" on an Amiga forum that is not tolerant of other platforms, it was clear that he was referring to the Amiga.
You are also rude because you insult people. You call yourself an idiot very frequently when someone tries to make you understand that you have a bad temper.
Since the original post created confusion, for you and for very few others, I changed it to make it more understandable by also telling you that the Pistorm32lite and the Pistorm are fine in terms of hardware as well as the FPGA solutions.
The software must only be applications, games and operating systems that run natively or in emulation in an Amiga.

Only you misunderstood because it was immediately clear what the topic was.

PS.
I changed (i hope for last time) the topic to avoid confusion about Amiga hardware and software.

Last edited by Seiya on 04-Nov-2023 at 06:55 PM.
Last edited by Seiya on 04-Nov-2023 at 06:54 PM.

_________________

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 19:15:01
#53 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Oct-2012
Posts: 3549
From: Germany

@Seiya

Quote:

Seiya wrote:
@cdimauro

Writing the "best hardware and software" on an Amiga forum that is not tolerant of other platforms, it was clear that he was referring to the Amiga.

And you continue to add things changing the cards on the table: where do you get that this forum is not tolerant with other platforms?

AmigaWorld is the exact opposite: is the most tolerant Amiga site ever, and here we also talked of other platforms and even completely OT stuff.
Quote:
You are also rude because you insult people. You call yourself an idiot very frequently when someone tries to make you understand that you have a bad temper.

Again, you report statements without even a single link to support your LIES.
Quote:
Since the original post created confusion, for you and for very few others,

Not few, looking at the comments.
Quote:
I changed it to make it more understandable by also telling you that the Pistorm32lite and the Pistorm are fine in terms of hardware as well as the FPGA solutions.

Oh, you again change the cards on the tables after several critics that you received.
Quote:
The software must only be applications, games and operating systems that run natively or in emulation in an Amiga.

Fine. NOW!
Quote:
Only you misunderstood because it was immediately clear what the topic was.

First you say "a few others". Now you say "only you".

You aren't even able to lie in a coherent way...
Quote:
PS.
I changed (i hope for last time) the topic to avoid confusion about Amiga hardware and software.

Finally you fixed the mess that YOU created...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Seiya 
Re: The Best hardware and the best software 2023
Posted on 4-Nov-2023 19:24:25
#54 ]
Super Member
Joined: 19-Aug-2006
Posts: 1473
From: Italia

Quote:
@cdimauro
Finally you fixed the mess that YOU created...


I didn't make any mess, you did it all by yourself.

Last edited by Seiya on 04-Nov-2023 at 07:36 PM.
Last edited by Seiya on 04-Nov-2023 at 07:35 PM.

_________________

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
_Steve_ 
Re: The Best Amiga Hardware and Software 2023
Posted on 5-Nov-2023 16:10:58
#55 ]
Team Member
Joined: 17-Oct-2002
Posts: 6807
From: UK

@Seiya

There, fixed the title of the topic for you.

And to add, HW (aside from PiStorm which is fantastic), I would add TerribleFire (any variant although the 1260s are pretty sweet).

_________________
Test sig (new)

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Seiya 
Re: The Best Amiga Hardware and Software 2023
Posted on 5-Nov-2023 16:20:20
#56 ]
Super Member
Joined: 19-Aug-2006
Posts: 1473
From: Italia

@_Steve_

thank you

_________________

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
kolla 
Re: The Best Amiga Hardware and Software 2023
Posted on 5-Nov-2023 19:40:29
#57 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 20-Aug-2003
Posts: 2821
From: Trondheim, Norway

@Seiya

Best hardware: PiStorm/PiStorm32 Lite
Best software: DiagROM

_________________
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
klx300r 
Re: The Best Amiga Hardware and Software 2023
Posted on 8-Nov-2023 7:11:48
#58 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 4-Mar-2008
Posts: 3832
From: Toronto, Canada


For 2023
PiStorm32 & Emu68

_________________
____________________________
c64-2sids, A1000, A1200T-060@50(finally working!),A4000-CSMKIII
! My Master Miggies- Amiga 1000 & AmigaOne X1000 !
mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Cool_amigaN 
Re: The Best Amiga Hardware and Software 2023
Posted on 8-Nov-2023 10:26:56
#59 ]
Super Member
Joined: 6-Oct-2006
Posts: 1225
From: Athens/Greece

Best Software: Wayfarer / MorphOS
Best Hardware: IDE68K + GottaGo FastRAM 8MB

_________________

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Seiya 
Re: The Best Amiga Hardware and Software 2023
Posted on 8-Nov-2023 12:59:00
#60 ]
Super Member
Joined: 19-Aug-2006
Posts: 1473
From: Italia

@_Steve_

a little more modification you can add in the title: "The Best Amiga 68k Hardware and Software 2023".

better to stay on 680x0 world

_________________

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle