Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
5 crawler(s) on-line.
 42 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DiscreetFX:  51 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 Cammy:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 gryfon:  2 hrs 32 mins ago
 Hammer:  3 hrs 14 mins ago
 Beajar:  4 hrs 14 mins ago
 Matt3k:  5 hrs 48 mins ago
 danwood:  5 hrs 59 mins ago
 zipper:  7 hrs 39 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  8 hrs 11 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!
Register To Post

PosterThread
KimmoK 
Re: AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!
Posted on 3-Sep-2010 11:11:32
#1 ]
Elite Member

@WolfToTheMoon

>Fun?

Also computing (the use of a computer) should be fun.

>They are having fun buying iOS and Android smartphones/tablets and running whichever applications they want where ever they want.

I have only used those ####slow crappy and limited symbian ones. Byt I think neither the others have yet reached AOS3 level of pre-emptive multitasking & multimedia presentation performance, etc.

> They use Win and linux to get the work done or to play games.

Game playing on win has always been an nightmare when compared to games consoles or A500 simplicity.
I'm sure a lot of people have never wanted to mess with another windows game/driver compatibility issue after they have tried the game on xbox/PS.
And Linux games are still #### poor. (even thought Linux is better for windows games than windows itself)

AmigalikeOSs have the potential to do things a lot better.

btw.
-paying to keep the computer working is "not fun" (win way, the need of commercial firewalls and virusprotection)
-having to do maintenance to do the same task that you did yesterday is "not fun" (win way, patches, patches)
-computer becoming mysteriously slower after half year of using is "not fun" (mainstream way, especially win, but also linux way, not fragmentation issue)
-waiting for the OS is "not fun"
-not being able to multitask everywhere/anytime is "not fun"
-needing to install a game before being able to play it is "not fun"
-needing to install a driver before adding a HW is "not fun"
-being forced to buy new HW + SW just to do the same thing you did yesterday is "not fun" (especially win way, where patches and upgrades are mandatory and backward compatibility is often lost)
etc....

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

PosterThread
nimrod7 
Re: AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!
Posted on 3-Sep-2010 11:31:28
#1 ]

@WolfToTheMoon

again i urge somebody to put a distinct, bold, sticky thread concerning amiga-os issues : why no amiga os4 on x86, why aros = the brightest future among the not-so-bright amiga-os+amiga-os-derivatives futures, why mac os x/windows 7 is better than amiga os +++ STOP WASTING MONEY on a deficient and outdated OS, why amiga os should be opensourced, why PPC is stupid and dead and outdated and expensive, - and that thread should be visible from the main page to attract newcomers who otherwise blow other random threads with the same concerns and the same argumentation without providing any creative/new/constructive thoughts

thank you very much and i'm gonna put the amiga sticker on my forehead and call myself Nimrod Amiga 7

"Marxism must abhor nothing so much as the possibility that it becomes congealed in its current form. It is at its best when butting heads in self-criticism, and in historical thunder and lightning, it retains its strength" - Rosa Luxemburg.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle