Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
5 crawler(s) on-line.
 44 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

gryfon

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 gryfon:  4 mins ago
 Hammer:  46 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  51 mins ago
 Beajar:  1 hr 45 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 3 mins ago
 Matt3k:  3 hrs 20 mins ago
 danwood:  3 hrs 31 mins ago
 zipper:  5 hrs 10 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  5 hrs 42 mins ago
 OlafS25:  6 hrs 40 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!
Register To Post

PosterThread
bitman 
Re: AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:04:04
#1 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
and we're not doing a real launch until next year. There is no rush. Next year is when we start.

But the press release states this:

Quote:
Multi-media advertising for the brand, appearing primarily on national television, will be breaking in time for the holiday season.

So your gonna advertise for the brand without having any products at that time?

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!WolfToTheMoon16-Sep-2010 14:09:27
      Re: AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!BigBentheAussie16-Sep-2010 14:13:01

PosterThread
eliyahu 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:06:35
#1 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
I only post here on behalf of C=USA because I've been a member here for 7 years and lurked around for even longer. I don't care what you buy, I'm just a forum member, with an exciting project, and if you aren't as excited about it as I am, then I guess that's too bad.
How many posts have we all read over the years that dream about winning the lottery and buying the brand/s out? Well, sorry....I'm getting to live that dream, without even winning the lottery.

let's be careful here. at the moment you have no product. you have a rebadged cybernet PC. now the PC64, on the other hand; if that ever comes to fruition, then, yes, i'd be interested in it. exciting? dunno -- but possibly....

Quote:
It's a real pity that I can no longer talk to the community about what we're doing because all I seem to get when I try to involve the community is grief. Oh well. Your loss.
I guess we'll take a leaf out of Hyperion's playbook and be super secretive from now on.

on the contrary, leo, it's a net gain for both of us. by refraining from posting about your business efforts, you keep off the radar screen until you have something to offer. then you return. if you turn out a good product and a successful company, i will be the first to 'switch over' and cheer you on. i think it is a very good idea to keep quiet until you have something to show. keeps the drama out of the picture, so to speak.

Quote:
For instance, we're not even 100% sure we're going to even continue with the Phoenix.
Maybe, maybe not, it depends on a number of factors.

if you do, would you please get the cybernet guys to quit saying they have no contact with you people? makes you guys look a bit bad, you know? especially with the find-and-replace manual for the 'phoenix.'

Quote:
You may not like particular developments or agree with our strategy but there are reasons why things must be the way they are....So please, have some patience..or not.
If you get a kick out of incessantly belittling our efforts that says more about you than us.

i don't think folks are getting a kick of it; well, maybe some of them. but we're tired of hearing talk. a little less talk and a little more action, please. you'll prove yourself one way or the other when you have a product that is yours. you seem insistent that such a product is in the works. good. but you cannot blame people for being skeptical given the behavior of your company's principals over the past two months. please stop posting platitudes such as 'rome wasn't built in a day' or lecturing us about startups. just leave the fora alone for a while until you have something to show. then we can get on barry's bandwagon or not based on product, and not a rebadged, off-the-shelf OEM PC and press releases.

is any of this making sense?

-- eliyahu

Top | Parent

PosterThread
WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:06:51
#1 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Just seen this on the newly added PC64 section at C= webpage

Quote:
and a custom professional mechanical keyboard using genuine Cherry switches

YES!!!

BTW

Quote:
It's a real pity that I can no longer talk to the community about what we're doing because all I seem to get when I try to involve the community is grief. Oh well. Your loss. I guess we'll take a leaf out of Hyperion's playbook and be super secretive from now on.

That would be a shame, IMHO.

Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!eliyahu16-Sep-2010 14:11:43

PosterThread
Birbo 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:08:53
#1 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie

Well, we had enough patience...

Who cares, if rome wasn't built in one day.

Here in this forum are a few members who knows what it means, running a real business.

What Commodore USA is showing (with statements and website) is in no way professional.

The website looks horrible - the people doing this website had no idea what it means making a good website for a real business (and if you need a place-holder, please put you logo on a blank page...)

Please understand, that having patience is no more an option...

Top | Parent

PosterThread
elatour 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 15:33:49
#1 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
If you get a kick out of incessantly belittling our efforts that says more about you than us.

I could not agree more.

Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle