Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
7 crawler(s) on-line.
 41 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DiscreetFX:  51 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 Cammy:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 gryfon:  2 hrs 33 mins ago
 Hammer:  3 hrs 15 mins ago
 Beajar:  4 hrs 15 mins ago
 Matt3k:  5 hrs 49 mins ago
 danwood:  6 hrs ago
 zipper:  7 hrs 39 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  8 hrs 12 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!
Register To Post

PosterThread
number6 
Re: AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 16:19:59
#1 ]
Elite Member

@elatour

Quote:
I was just being hopeful there may be a dim but nevertheless present glimmer of hope that something good could come out of it, ideally even with Hyperion taking part, but I have once again been shown that too many people in this community these days are more interested in shooting down ideas and the people that come up with them than coming up with their own or embracing new ones.

I'm not sure quite as many in the community would have responded the same if it were not for Hyperionmp immediately posting and threatening to sue. I'm sure some folks merely played "follow the leader".

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

PosterThread
linnar 
Re: AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 17:38:18
#1 ]
Cult Member

@elatour

Quote:

elatour wrote:
@Leo

Quote:
Any company related to the Amiga today, just wants to make money, with old/already done stuff...

Commodore USA just buying the name to resell existing PC motherboards. They wouldn't even release some Amiga in a Joystick. That would still be some old stuff, but a true new product.

And I don't see that changing...

You may be correct. But I saw this as a possible - even if unlikely - means to and end...with the end being raising enough cash to actually improve upon and release real and innovative consumer Amiga branded products in some distant future that would appeal to wider audience than just nostalgic hobbyists like me and many others in this community, which would elevate the brand and attract more investment whether monetary or otherwise as well as attract more interest and good will.

I was just being hopeful there may be a dim but nevertheless present glimmer of hope that something good could come out of it, ideally even with Hyperion taking part, but I have once again been shown that too many people in this community these days are more interested in shooting down ideas and the people that come up with them than coming up with their own or embracing new ones.

It's a sad state of affairs when people start getting personal and shooting down any new companies they see as a threat to their insular view of the world. It's one thing to be suspicious, critical or doubtful, but hulring personal insults at the company and/or the individuals running it appears to be more like delusionally paranoid people with personal agendas shouting down people they don't agree with rather than people that present objective criticism or want to encourage discussion to me.

I am utterly amazed at what has gone unmoderated in this and other threads on this board regarding this topic when I consider what HAS been moderated for far less when addressed at other individuals or companies.

Oops!
Really good contribution to the debate!
You get 110 points in 100 out of me.

Anyway, I have for years pointed out that as you type. I am bad in English so it has been difficult to write so people understand.
Here are the years going on pure persecution of people. When someone, in a nice way, says he believes in Bill McEwen has been followed by all-out war. Strange that some Post and continues here. They are well strong I guess. Much stronger than the cowardly rabble who write down everything that does not have Hyperion stamp.

Now that it finally seems to begin to come off the Amiga by a new company (Commodore) begins gatloppet again. But now it's "BigBentheAussie" who can run, believe the attackers. They have faults. BigBentheAussie is too strong to allow themselves to be hunted.

Now when trying to chase BigBentheAussie through the threads a few days, the one and one to turn switched hats and congratulate BigBentheAussie for what has been achieved in such a short time.
Those who are still trying to talk bad about the Commodore has now just their website's appearance left to throw up on. Frankly, I think BigBentheAussie offer it for everyone to enjoy the splash pool. He does it because he knows that outside paddling pool is a sea of potential interest. The sea is so large that the Amiga paddling pool would seem a little dirt on a rock ledge that has never gotten anywhere, or will get anywhere.

I can smell the times before when the Amiga was king of the world.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle