Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
24 crawler(s) on-line.
 46 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 ggw:  59 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 MichaelMerkel:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 49 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  3 hrs 19 mins ago
 Gunnar:  3 hrs 26 mins ago
 t0lkien:  3 hrs 28 mins ago
 retrofaza:  3 hrs 59 mins ago
 Rob:  4 hrs 5 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Register To Post

PosterThread
billt 
Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Posted on 28-Aug-2006 18:57:44
#1 ]
Elite Member

@bbrv

Quote:
Many patents have expired and a German court has already ruled that no exclusive rights to the OS went out of Commodore.

Any links to such announcements? I don't remember hearing this before, and am interested inlearning more. I'm curious as to what Escom actually paid for then, when they seemed to think they purchased that stuff.

I just don't see what reason AI has to bring lawsuit against you guys at this point. They don't seem to even want to sell OS4. They waddle around on their (IMHO) lame-duck DE/anywhere product for mobile Windows. You've seperated yourself from MorphOS product. Other than your previous lawsuit against AI regarding DE on Pegasos (as I remember the judge gave you DE but not OS4), I can't imagine what anything AI does has anything to do with what you guys do, or why any such overlap would be worthy of starting legal action against you. We the people of course do not know a lot of things, as it should be, but my imagination is coming up with nothing that AI would want from Genesi at this point. (I do not intend to say that Genesi has nothing worth wanting in general, seems you guys make very nice hardware, just that I don't see anything Genesi has that fits with what we think we know about AI's business plan) I also can't imagine DE/Anywhere being critical or even useful to the success of Pegasos/Efika products, so I don't see that if AI is holding back on porting DE is going to affect anything. I don't know if the rumored 30 day response scheme that claimed to get AI out of the DE judgement is real or if it would hold up in court or not, regardless I just can't imagine it being a critical part of your business. So for both directions, I don't have any acceptable idea as to why Amiga Inc. or their lawyers are so important to Genesi moving forward these days.

Perhaps you'll say more about this in the Q&A, or perhaps I'll have to buy Total Amiga to understand things, or perhaps we'll all be left in the dark, forever wondering what exactly happened there. (A plausible and acceptable possibility, as not all business details should be public knowledge, especially if companies involved like AI and Genesi are not publicly traded) I'm curious to see if anyone jumps into obsession over this and posts everythign that happens, as someone did for the old court case.

It's just one of those things that since we don't know what you know, it makes that bit of comment appear out of place.

Last edited by billt on 28-Aug-2006 at 07:03 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Kronos28-Aug-2006 19:11:04

PosterThread
AmigaBlitter 
Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Posted on 29-Aug-2006 23:34:51
#1 ]
Elite Member

@bbrv

Mr Buck

I hope that we can get the answer to the questions. At least, the questions coming from AmigaWorld.

Thank you.

:)

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Chip30-Aug-2006 9:05:02

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle