Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
38 crawler(s) on-line.
 45 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 NutsAboutAmiga:  17 mins ago
 Gunnar:  24 mins ago
 t0lkien:  26 mins ago
 retrofaza:  57 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 MarcioD:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 gryfon:  2 hrs 39 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Register To Post

PosterThread
saimo 
Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Posted on 6-Sep-2006 17:48:37
#1 ]
Elite Member

@Zylesea

Quote:
Well, still the Pegasos is the only available maschine.

Which is an advantage that has been wasted.

Quote:
This may change soon (2 weeks) or it may not. For the latter case the Peg would still be an alternative.

That's what you want to believe and what you (and others, with BB in first place) want to make us believe (in order to force AInc/Hyperion using the community as a lever, which is something I find really disgusting) by repeating it over and over again. Instead, the Pegasos is *not* an option. It stopped being an option a long time ago, and the chance has been missed forever.
Can you live with it, please? It is not that hard, after all, especially considering that we're not talking about the most important thing in life and also that, as you say, "time has moved on and I gave up bothering about OS4 on the Peg long ago. Personally I was never intersted in it".
But let's look at your statement closer:

Quote:
But true, time has moved on and I gave up bothering about OS4 on the Peg long ago. Personally I was never intersted in it, but I thought one common hw would bridge the gap between OS4 and MOS a bit and the alltogether demand of MOS and OS4 fellows might become a sustainable mini market.

So, assuming that "Personally I was never intersted in it" means "I've never been interested in AOS4 itself" (otherwise, literally you are saying that you used to be interested and that you have never been interested at the same time) and acknowledging that you don't believe in the "common hw" possibility anymore, can you tell me why on Earth you are wasting your time here on AW.net, in threads like this?

Quote:
And I seroisly doubt that any of these new attempts (troika, Samantha or ACK) will remain in business (if they ever deliver at all). Too much investment, too less customers.

Why, have you seen the actual figures? Would you mind sharing the details with us? You know, otherwise, you're only spreading fear, uncertainty and (serious) doubts.

saimo

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Zylesea7-Sep-2006 10:56:13
          Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.saimo7-Sep-2006 15:39:45
              Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Zylesea7-Sep-2006 15:51:27
                  Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.saimo7-Sep-2006 16:00:25

PosterThread
Interesting 
Posted on 6-Sep-2006 18:13:05
#1 ]
From: a place & time long long ago, when things mattered.

@Zylesea

deep breathing....
Quote:
And I seroisly doubt that any of these new attempts (troika, Samantha or ACK) will remain in business (if they ever deliver at all). Too much investment, too less customers.

I sense a twisted vision ...heavy with the dark side you are.........

Top | Parent

PosterThread
Samwel 
Posted on 6-Sep-2006 19:31:31
#1 ]
Elite Member

@Zylesea

Quote:

Well, still the Pegasos is the only available maschine. This may change soon (2 weeks) or it may not. For the latter case the Peg would still be an alternative. But true, time has moved on and I gave up bothering about OS4 on the Peg long ago. Personally I was never intersted in it, but I thought one common hw would bridge the gap between OS4 and MOS a bit and the alltogether demand of MOS and OS4 fellows might become a sustainable mini market.

Yes it's still the only available.. But what if Hyperion has inside info on a new board which is
much better than Pegasos2. Should they still invest in that or should they wait the months
they have now waited for the better board?

Yes, I agree on that. OS4 for Pegasos2 would have been really nice 2 years ago. Today? Not
IMO with what we know is coming. But if Pegasos2 support would have been done, say last
year in the summer when µA1-C stopped being available, it would indeed have been a nice
addition to OS4 while waiting for ACK's new boards.

I also worry about all those companies surviving the Amiga market. Too many boards for
a too small market. One low end and one high end should be enough really. And they must
get sales on the outside aswell. ACK seems to have done this. He told us so on IRC anyway.
This was for a slightly modified version of his PowerVixxen TL 7448 board.

[SOLD] µA1-C - 750GX 800MHz - 512MB - Antec Aria case

Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.hatschi6-Sep-2006 20:16:04
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.mr.calibra7-Sep-2006 9:27:15
          Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.CodeSmith7-Sep-2006 9:44:04
          Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Samwel7-Sep-2006 10:05:24
              Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.jahc7-Sep-2006 10:29:23
                  Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Samwel7-Sep-2006 13:44:06
                      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.polka.7-Sep-2006 13:48:49
                          Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Samwel7-Sep-2006 14:17:42
                              Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.tomazkid7-Sep-2006 14:20:18
                              Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.polka.7-Sep-2006 14:27:32
                                  Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.bbrv7-Sep-2006 14:45:12
                                      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.jorkany7-Sep-2006 14:57:12
                                      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.ironfist7-Sep-2006 16:25:14
                                      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.tomazkid7-Sep-2006 18:13:16
                                      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.dimitros8-Sep-2006 11:26:39
                                  Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Samwel7-Sep-2006 17:08:21
              Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Kronos7-Sep-2006 10:58:28
                  Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Samwel7-Sep-2006 13:57:01
                      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.DoodooHead7-Sep-2006 14:02:31
              Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.mr.calibra7-Sep-2006 16:46:38
                  Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Samwel7-Sep-2006 17:02:21

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle