Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
7 crawler(s) on-line.
 99 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  34 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  51 mins ago
 RobertB:  52 mins ago
 cip060:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 sibbi:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 blmara:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 Karlos:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 35 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 11 mins ago
 pavlor:  3 hrs 43 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Hardware
      /  Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000
Register To Post

PosterThread
hazydave 
Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000
Posted on 16-Apr-2011 10:02:41
#1 ]

Quote:

hotrod wrote:
I must say that I hate the word "fanboys". If I use AOS 4 I'm an AOS 4 fanboy, if I use a Wii I'm a Wii fanboy, if I play my Jackson guitarr I'm a Jackson fanboy.

Kind of true... but also not. It's not just what you're using, it's your advocacy. If I just play my Martin or Line 6, I'm not necessarily a fanboy. If I'm preaching the Martin gospel in every guitar forum I can find, I am most assuredly a fanboy.

Quote:

What if I also use MacOS X and Windows?

The only possible reason to use MacOS is as a fanboy... or fangirl, in the case of my sister Kathy, who has drank all the Apple kool-aid she can get her hands on. Then again, she's now in TWO separate rock bands, as well as having a PhD in Psychology from Stanford... thus, cooler than me, and by extension, all of you. So "fanboy" isn't the end of the world.

Quote:

What if I like to try playing on any guitarr I can get my hands on?

I also have an Ibanez electric-acoustic, made of cocobolo, an Ibanez 12 string ($50 at a flea market), a Martin Backpacker (Kathy's ex, Bob, designed it for Martin) and a Go Guitar (a slightly better sounding, slightly heavier backpacking guitar).

But in answer to your question, no, that doesn't make you a fanboy. In fact, far from it. If you were a true Jackson fanboy, you'd have no interest in touching a Martin or a Gibson or even a Line 6. I've never actually met guitarists that dedicated to one brand... I think we all have a little of the GAS. Photographers, on the other hand... Nikon vs. Canon is like religion.

But this does seem to be a part of the human psyche (I only minored in psychology). You have Ford vs. Chevy arguments between their respective fanboys. The cameras and camcorders, other CE stuff... I know people who also are reverse fans... hating anything from Sony is nearly as popular as hating anything from Microsoft. I think, at least in part, that all of these involve big money. Once I commit to that thing, that decision says something about me, and if you're attacking that decision, you're getting close to calling me a fool. This is not reasonable behavior... specifically why I said "FOR ME" the Natami is the one that makes sense, of these many not-quite-Amiga things that are sold to Amiga fans.

But really, if you want a Taylor or a Gibson, a Nikon or even a Pentax or Sony (yeah, I have Canon SLRs, but Panasonic camcorders -- go figure), a Bud instead of a Guinness, or even an Impact instead of Prius.. no problems. You have different needs. I don't know why so many human activities have to be converted to religions.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000Boot_WB16-Apr-2011 14:07:28

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle