Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 107 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  37 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  54 mins ago
 RobertB:  55 mins ago
 cip060:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 sibbi:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 blmara:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 Karlos:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 37 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 14 mins ago
 pavlor:  3 hrs 45 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Hardware
      /  UltimatePPC - year after
Register To Post

PosterThread
vox 
Re: UltimatePPC - year after
Posted on 19-Jun-2013 3:45:57
#1 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:
as you say yourself c64x was quite smart move, i suppose it could be booted either directly into emulation or into linux, something like aeros (aros/linux combo) or os4 (with linux emulation, amicygnix, whatever it is called, or double boot os4/linux) attempt to.besides why do you want to tell us "classic" users, what we would accept or not? time would tell.

Well, even with their last choice,COS Vision, they failed to deliver emulation out of box. So they could do a smarter thing and have ordinary Ubuntu and yes, straight-to-emulation modes for sake of C64/Amiga lovers. Well it was probed for 2 years and maybe its my side of coin, but at least on these boards I have seen more people I respect shunning it then praising and foolish justification that it is more then it is. Especially messing with community ending laughing at everyones nose and feeling US superior.

Looking at their fb page, they have got 33 000 likes, but you know these net times ... its easy to get likes, not customers. If they had half customers they would probably be doing well.

Quote:
you mix up loyalty to people for moral, humanly reasons, which is of course in many causes a positive thing (even if it may be misused and/or unhealthy) with self imposed loyalty towards trade marks, which is outright stupid. if there is anything applicable to amiga, this is no loyalty but sentiment.

You are somehow right, somehow wrong. I support the cause to bring the new hardware avail and OS forward having in mind it will not happen if what is offered is not purchased. Somehow feeling that this is kind of break off point were AOS can become modern and feature rich, or equally possible die out. Well, it was constantly in crisis, but looks like there is parth forward again after many, many years in dark, thanks equally to Acube and A-EON.

Apple surely can survive without my support

I generally tend not to be in affair with things as they tend to destruct over time. But with Amiga, its an exception. In the world were very few OSs (OK, if we count Linux as one) are developed, I am proud to say AmigaOS is in development (and MOS / AROS too) and to say there are my 2 cents in supporting that cause.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: UltimatePPC - year afterwawa19-Jun-2013 4:12:43
          Re: UltimatePPC - year aftervox19-Jun-2013 4:21:47

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle