Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 52 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  22 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  54 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs 5 mins ago
 t0lkien:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 Lou:  2 hrs 56 mins ago
 K-L:  2 hrs 58 mins ago
 bhabbott:  3 hrs 3 mins ago
 danwood:  3 hrs 27 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Website feedback and suggestions
      /  Do You Remember why?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
pixie 
Re: Do You Remember why?
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:10:29
#161 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

You drive nuts too easely...

Profile     Report this post  
Mikey_C 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:12:46
#162 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

Yes, Please sit down and make yourself comfortable.

Toaks 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:12:54
#163 ]
Elite Member

@Colin_Camper

no, amiga.org went from the best site to the "nothing happening" site after the mos buyout and then (now) its slowly getting back.. hardly any activity compared to old days or the activity here...

so what makes trolling and fighting? ... the bigger the site is the more noise...

and to all who forgot... i still remeber what happened to amiga.org and im not letting it happen here and neither should you but ofcourse youre just too busy trying to move on and forget the past....mistake

hatschi 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:16:01
#164 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

Quote:
It's not the threads, it's the evangalising MOS users on here that are driving most of us nuts!!!

The only thing I see is people discussing the possibility to run OS4 on the open Pegasos platform or potential 3rd parties manufacturing it... What does that have to do with evangelising MOS?
We are looking if and how we could solve the hardware problem in order to get MORE OS4 users and all you can add to this discussion is mentioning RoHS and calling these interesting threads to be polluted with MOS evangelism. That's poor.

Last edited by hatschi on 03-Jan-2006 at 05:16 PM.

Mikey_C 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:19:34
#165 ]
Elite Member

@hatschi

Tell me, are you, Mr Calibra, Ironfist and Pixie all tag teaming today?

Just out of interest

cecilia 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:22:39
#166 ]
Cult Member

@Mikey_C

Quote:

Mikey_C wrote:
Amigaworld became the biggest Amiga website?
Let me refresh your memory, it was because we left other Amiga websites which were polluted with BBRV, Genesi, and it's followers.

Now, on Amigaworld we have BBRV, Genesi and it's followers.

Some people think this is a plus point, to have differing views, I am sticking my neck out that most Amigaworld members who joined Amigaworld.net back then did so for the same reasons as I did, We wanted a place where we could post stuff about our platform without someone else coming in and spoiling it all.

But, times have changed, it seems some people want more MOS users in here too. (take over of Amigaworld.net by stealth?)

It seems there is not even one person voicing a protest as to what is happening.

Oh well

EDIT: In short: Amigaworld: Pro Amiga or Not?
Pardon me if I respond immediately without reading the rest of the thread.

You may have a vested interest in AmigaWorld being "the biggest Amiga website", but not everyone is tied to that concept. I just initially came here to find more info about OS4. I post if I have something useful to say.

However, while it's nice to have places that are BBRV-free, I'm not interested in repressing people. even when that are full of sh*t. They hang themselves with their own words.

Just as a reminder: the first thing BBRV did when they joined was to send me insulting and threatening PM's. As soon as I saw PM's from them I notified a mod and sent them to him.
Their entire reason for joining was to flame me. I'm not weak or scared of wan#kers (you actually have that word censored?? jesus, that's weird!) (as you fellas would say), so it actually gratifies me knowing that I get under their skin.
My point is that I did what I always do when I see bad behavior. I called the "cops".
When I saw a neighbor being invaded (someone climbing into his apt via a window), I called the police. I didn't panic. I wasn't afraid. concerned, yes, afraid, no. Just do the right thing. That's what matters.

In the other VERY long thread here, another member was threatened by BBRV's PM's. That was dealt with. the end.

And few of us are buying any of BBRV's snake oil, so I really don't see the need to panic. You are giving them way to much credit. So what if they come on here and advertise their stupid blog (A place I refuse to click to)? If that is against your TOA, then act accordingly.
No need to get all in a tizzy.

You won't find many people who hate BBRV more than I do. And I have VERY good reasons. But I refuse to let them push me into some illegal and immoral behavior. That would be letting them win. And they will Never win.

Last edited by cecilia on 03-Jan-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Last edited by cecilia on 03-Jan-2006 at 05:24 PM.

falemagn 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:22:59
#167 ]

@Mikey_C

Quote:

Mikey_C wrote:
@hatschi

For the last time, It's not the threads, it's the evangalising MOS users on here that are driving most of us nuts!!!

Mikey C

I said it once, I'll repeat it again, hoping you will listen this time.

The TOS don't prohibit mentioning MOS, the Pegasos, or doing any kind of confrontation between AOS4/AOne and MOS/Pegasos. If you are not content with those TOS, then feel free to propose a change of them to your fellow moderators. If you don't want to change the TOS, learn to live with the fact that unless people break them, you have nothing, nothing to blame anyone for.

All this is just so childish...

Last edited by falemagn on 03-Jan-2006 at 05:27 PM.

~~ Henry Ford

Mikey_C 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:25:36
#168 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Okay, Changing what I am saying.

Yes, the TOS does not include the fact that MOS cannot be mentioned in here and indeed I have no problems with MOS being discussed, I do however have a problem with people using this site for Propaganda, Evangelism and Trolling when it is clearly not WELCOME by the majority of Amigaworld members who, IMHO are PRO AmigaOS and wish this site to remain that way. As it is, I fear it won't be long before this site goes like another did before that.

Last edited by Mikey_C on 03-Jan-2006 at 05:35 PM.

ssolie 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:26:27
#169 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C
I'd like to see AW.net continue to focus on next generation Amiga branded computing and that means OS4. I don't want AW.net to become like amiga.org and include the API clones. I came here to discuss OS4 without being bombarded with irrelevance every 10 seconds.

As for things like the latest bbrv publicity stunt, that is a tough one. On one hand, it is fun to talk it up and imagine how things could be. On the other hand, it stirs up a lot of negative emotional responses which in turn creates a hostile atmosphere which we don't want at AW.net.

I'm not certain but I think taking such topics off the front page as soon as the discussion becomes hostile (e.g. personal attacks, drudging up old arguments, rude comments with smiley faces, known trouble makers poking fun) is something the moderation team should try. My current theory is that a majority of the hostility comes from a small number of regular posters that want to be acknowledged as being right so they can exclaim, "I am right. I told you. See! Look!". Take away that fame and you take away their motive is my theory.

The alternatives of banning such subjects outright and locking threads as soon as anything looks like it is going downhill are time savers for the moderation team but I'd like you guys to try and leave those open but remove the hostility at the same time. Perhaps removing the fame angle will help.

falemagn 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:29:58
#170 ]

@Mikey_C

Quote:

Mikey_C wrote:
@falemagn

That, with your given track record, is a bit of a gull isn't it?

What's that, a personal attack of some sort, totally unrelated to my message and the topic at hand? I hereby request your message to be moderated down, for it went against the TOS.

Mikey, respond to the message, please?

~~ Henry Ford

Mikey_C 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:35:45
#171 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Responded, Changed, and I apologise, I was out of order there.

balis 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:42:59
#172 ]

@Thread

We have an interesting experience on the French Amiga Portal.

Most of the french amiga user are MOS users.

This portal is open for all Amiga related topics (Classic, MOS, OS4, UAE, AROS, etc..)

In the beginning, it was not very quite, especially in "Reds" and/vs "Blue" topics.
That's why Moderators created a special forum named "war forum" where any flaming threads were moved.

After a while, those kind of threads become less frequent and today discussions are very pleasant.
For instance, MOS users post OS4 news on a daily basis and cohabitation is fine.

So AW could take this way as a starting point and see how that evolves.

Anyway, it's up to moderators to be aware and deny trolls wherever they come from.
Of course, it implies more work to do so...

Wizzard_o 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:49:22
#173 ]
Cult Member
From: UK, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Alpha Quadrant, The Milky-Way, Universe. 1.1.1.3.44.HP

@Mikey_C

Keep this site Pure Amiga OS3.x & 4.x software & hardware ONLY. The clones have their own sites, lets keep it that way!
I joined this site because i wanted info on Genuine Amiga products & because it was mostly troll free and informative.

@BBRV

Please go away & take your rabid fanboys with you!

wizz.

Varthall 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:53:26
#174 ]

@balis

Quote:

balis wrote:
@Thread

We have an interesting experience on the French Amiga Portal.

Most of the french amiga user are MOS users.

This portal is open for all Amiga related topics (Classic, MOS, OS4, UAE, AROS, etc..)

In the beginning, it was not very quite, especially in "Reds" and/vs "Blue" topics.
That's why Moderators created a special forum named "war forum" where any flaming threads were moved.

After a while, those kind of threads become less frequent and today discussions are very pleasant.
For instance, MOS users post OS4 news on a daily basis and cohabitation is fine.

That's what I'd personally like to see happening on aw.net, too. And I think that we are all mature enough to decide by our own which system to support, regardless of "propaganda".

Varthall

Hondo 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:54:44
#175 ]

Keep this site Hyperions Amiga OS 4/5.X only please, and keep up the good moderation. Thanks for a fantastic site.

pixie 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 17:59:43
#176 ]
Elite Member

@Wizzard_o

Meanwhile you can also rename it to AmigaOS [ 3-4 | native ] world... besides being a troll isn't having a different view then yours... besides you should not descriminate only MOS or pegasos related news... there's too much that isn't that much related to Amiga at all, it seem people are evangelizing Apartheid again

Free speech comes with a price

koksa 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 18:11:36
#177 ]

@Mikey_C

What you don't understand and I see no way for you to understand in this life, maybe in your next it would be quite possible, is that MorphOS is AmigaOS just as HyperionOS is. Also, MorphOS is more AmigaClassicOS compatible at source level (see interfaces) and a run time level with 68k code (see blacklist of Petunia). When anybody talks about MorphOS is talking about the most well functional, supported (because it has a machine to run on) AmigaOS in 2006. But, in the event you don't agree, you should at least admit that AmigaClassicOS, Aros, MorphOS and HyperionOS are just the same one.

pixie 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 18:12:05
#178 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

Quote:

Yes, the TOS does not include the fact that MOS cannot be mentioned in here and indeed I have no problems with MOS being discussed, I do however have a problem with people using this site for Propaganda, Evangelism and Trolling when it is clearly not WELCOME by the majority of Amigaworld members who, IMHO are PRO AmigaOS and wish this site to remain that way. As it is, I fear it won't be long before this site goes like another did before that.

What twisted logic we have here... you seem to imply that you only have two options, being PRO AmigaOS or doing Propaganda, Evangelism or Trolling against AmigaOS 4.

What it seems it that segregating is the de facto moto of this site... you seem to forget that being AmigaWorld it has more responsibility towards its name then the others, who are far more specialized, and understandable to be so...

Edit: Typo

Last edited by pixie on 03-Jan-2006 at 07:45 PM.
Last edited by pixie on 03-Jan-2006 at 06:19 PM.

pixie 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 18:13:34
#179 ]
Elite Member

Edit: Repeated post

Last edited by pixie on 03-Jan-2006 at 06:17 PM.

TheDungeonDelver 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 18:21:57
#180 ]
Cult Member

Well I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, I don't see a stampede of M-OS users flooding AW.net, so in that I disagree with you, Mikey.

On the other hand...

I have always thought Bill Buck and his tactics - the way he behaves on the various fora, his attempts to manipulate the law to get his hands on OS4 for free, his constant denigration of OS4 (OS *subscript*4, Buck? Please...) were utterly dispicable. What's going on right now, in the "Amiga Two" thread should never have been permitted. The thread should be locked and deleted. Every self aggrandizing post from Buck that links back to his own little blog should be nuked. If it takes a "global" moderation team - folks in each part of the world keeping an eye out for his little advertisements and editorials and nuking them in turn - then so be it. It needs to be done. What is that "amiga two" thread anyway but a grassroots attempt by Buck to make this a fertile ground for the rabid Buck fanboys (many of whom are the ones leading the charge in that thread)? Oh you can see the tactics a mile off. Whenever the thread starts to die down, fall apart with nonsensical comments or jokes, Buck trolls again and posts and the thread is off to the races again.

Do the world a favor, Mikey, just nuke the thread. I mean, I don't make any secret about the fact that I'm an X86/Windows user primarily but I don't cheerlead and trumpet it. On the contrary when I'm here, I'll say my piece about the Amiga and related topics. I don't act like I need to get everyone on an x86/Windows bandwagon unlike Buck. I reckon now that he's exhausted his courtroom tries to grab OS4 he'll go the gladhandling route and try to get the most popular pro-OS4 site on the web caught up in his inevitable hype machine.

So in that, yes, you're right Mike. Nuke the thread, ban the "bbrv" ID and have done with it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle