Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
58 crawler(s) on-line.
 47 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 Cammy:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 gryfon:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 Beajar:  3 hrs 6 mins ago
 Matt3k:  4 hrs 41 mins ago
 danwood:  4 hrs 51 mins ago
 zipper:  6 hrs 31 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  7 hrs 3 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  So who are A-Eon?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
Amiga_3k 
Re: So who are A-Eon?
Posted on 9-Jan-2010 0:00:37
#81 ]
Cult Member

Better keep the site serious and easy to navigate. The kebab site is way to distracting and difficult to navigate.

Profile     Report this post  
arnljot 
Re: So who are A-Eeon?
Posted on 9-Jan-2010 0:15:38
#82 ]

@GuruMeditation

Glad to see you! Will you also come back in 2010?? That would also be nice for Amiga

ikir 
Posted on 9-Jan-2010 12:46:12
#83 ]
Elite Member

@Ancalimon

Quote:

Ancalimon wrote:
@TrevorDick

Don't create a simple web page. Make it something attractive, I found this kebap shop which have a really nice web page. If someone who sells kebabs have a page like this, we should have an attractive web page as well.

Super slow loading flash website? No thanks

marko 
Posted on 9-Jan-2010 19:20:25
#84 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

@TrevorDick

Quote:
there should be a joint announcement of the project from A-Eon and Hyperion within the next few days and we'll get a simple website up at the A-Eon address to replace the puzzle pages in time for that, but you'll have to wait until closer to release date for a formal announcement of the X1000 with all the specs, case photos, etc.

Nice to hear

m4rko.com/AMIGA

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 9-Jan-2010 19:27:45
#85 ]

BTW

I think I know which company made the X1000 boards.
Discussed in this thread.
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30452&forum=2

zerohero 
Posted on 16-Jan-2010 18:55:55
#86 ]
Team Member

@TrevorDick

Quote:

Posted on 9-Jan-2010 0:18:58

This was in full collaboration with Hyperion and there should be a joint announcement of the project from A-Eon and Hyperion within the next few days and we'll get a simple website up at the A-Eon address to replace the puzzle pages in time for that

Could you tell us when "the next few days" are up?

Last edited by zerohero on 17-Jan-2010 at 02:45 PM.

zerohero 
Posted on 17-Jan-2010 14:38:40
#87 ]
Team Member

@TrevorDick

Quote:

Posted on 9-Jan-2010 0:18:58

This was in full collaboration with Hyperion and there should be a joint announcement of the project from A-Eon and Hyperion within the next few days and we'll get a simple website up at the A-Eon address to replace the puzzle pages in time for that

*bump*

Last edited by zerohero on 17-Jan-2010 at 02:46 PM.

bitman 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 9:51:04
#88 ]
Cult Member

@zerohero

*bump*

Alkaron 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 9:53:15
#89 ]

@bitman

bitman 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 11:06:16
#90 ]
Cult Member

@Alkaron

Ohhh I remeber those small guys from the back of the cereal-boxes when I was a kid - what are they called?

ddni 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 11:08:05
#91 ]
Cult Member

@bitman

Mr.Men

http://www.mrmen.com/

Last edited by ddni on 18-Jan-2010 at 11:08 AM.

bitman 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 12:54:15
#92 ]
Cult Member

@ddni

Ahh yes - ofcause MrMen.

tiffers 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 13:38:32
#93 ]

@BigD

Quote:

...the Amiga scene has required people to buy hardware in advance of OS4.x... PPC Classic hardware... 9 years in advance!! Initial AmigaOne owners had to run Linux... only die hard Amigans with lots of money, patience and blind optimism... until... Sam boards, where it simply became an expensive hobby rather than an insane one!

Ahh, so this is your sole reason for being single-minded and obstinately biased towards the conspiracy theory view of life? Having to wait. Criminal! Having to wait... must be infuriating? And venting your frustration with the past at Hyperion and their new partner... that's justifiable isn't it?

BTW, people who bought the PPC cards for classic... was that originally because OS 4 was bound for them? Or were they a nifty accelerator Phase 5 bought out and later OS4 was commissioned to be ported to those cards? (I honestly don't know, I wasn't around.. but I'm betting it's the latter, not the former)

As for AmigaOnes, weren't they 'developer' boards? Ddin't they get the 'developer pre-release' version of AmigaOS 4.0? Hmm. What a coincidence that the OS wasn't available for the hardware when it was sold... people had to 'develop' it... the boards were sold to 'developers'. It's a shame to think that the non-developers who bought a developer system should think they have some right to moan about how the OS wasn't available to them on the day they bought the board. How rude do you want to be?

SAM boards are what they are, without the benefits of bulk sales.

You know, the more I read of your twisted whining, the more you remind me of my 3 yr old complaining about not being able to watch Playhouse Disney from dawn 'til dusk.

Challenge: Try staying away from X1000/speculation threads until you see an official announcement on the front page, marking the final release of the X1000. That or stop whining in every X1000 thread on the board... please...

Last edited by tiffers on 18-Jan-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Last edited by tiffers on 18-Jan-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Kronos 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 13:49:56
#94 ]
Elite Member

@tiffers

Bout those A1 "developer-boards":

Those were sold on the basis that "OS4 is gonna be released real soon" (hint hint nudge nudge).
Developers who bought them didn't get access to OS4 beta to develop 3rd party apps, and those developing OS4 itself sourced their Te^H^H A1s otherwise.

By the time OS4 made it out of "prerelease" (an event that was backdated during the court-battles) all A1s were sold out.

BigD 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 13:54:39
#95 ]
Elite Member

@tiffers

The post I was referring to was the following:

Quote:
NutsAboutAmiga:
Quote: Can't rally say "so many years whit out hardware." rally

He was claiming there was always OS4.x compatible hardware available right through from 1998. What he failed to grasp is that you had to buy the hardware in advance, many years before OS4.x actually saw the light of day in order to enjoy it when it did arrive, or else the hardware was SOLD OUT!! Only now with the Sam can you buy new hardware and new software at the same time, the first time since Commodore (no new hardware accompanied OS3.5 and 3.9 releases)!

Last edited by BigD on 18-Jan-2010 at 01:55 PM.

tiffers 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 14:20:45
#96 ]

@Kronos

Yes. I understand that. They were no less, developer boards though. The OS wasn't available at the time of sale, and therefore a caculated risk was taken. In the end, it paid off (the OS was released) albeit delayed.

I'm not denying there are reasons for people to be cautious, or even warey when a new product is announced. It's common for many people (fan boys) to be zealously interested in the new product in ALL markets, and we've seen such here. There are also always people who will find any angle to push their negative agenda and view point also. And then there's the vast majority of the world-wide market, who show interest and reserve a slot in their ToDo lists to check it out further when the product is released.

My problem is with the nay sayers. If 'disappointing situation beta623' has 'always' happened before, it's still not reason enough to assume 'disappointing situation beta623' will happen again. I bet every example of vapourware that BigD has in his mind, being his reason for believing the X1000 is just more vapour (until it's available for sale) involves hardware supposedly being manufactured for AmigaOS4, but that the OS4 developers never laid hands on a single board.

One reason this announcement seems so much more promising, is that it's not an empty claim. The OS4 developers themselves have said they have hardware samples. They're already working on it. How many Troika's or ACK's can lay the same claim?

It's not too hard, given a rational, thoughtful mind, to see that the X1000 is far more than a simple vapour claim, as BigD continually spreads in all X1000 threads. F.U.D. is all his posts are, and BigD seems to be a F.U.D. master.

What are the chances BigD would be so up in arms if the M.A.P. of Hyperion's had been porting to x86 architecture? I bet he'd be over zealous in his attempts to convert all of the anti-x86 members on the forum. I doubt he'd be crying 'vapour' had the X1000 been based on the Intel Atom or the AMD Geode. How balanced is his P.O.V. really?

tiffers

tiffers 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 14:28:11
#97 ]

@BigD

Quote:
He was claiming there was always OS4.x compatible hardware available right through from 1998.

Got you. I understand you now. Of course the hardware *was* available back then, so his argument was right. The problem was merely the availability of AmigaOS4 for that hardware. So a drought of hardware there was not (relatively speaking), it was a drought of AmigaOS. It surely did feel like a hardware drought though. :)

I remember when I found out about OS4 being avilable for 'download' I went looking. It was in 2006. I was disappointed I couldn't get a system to run it on. I still don't have one. It's out of my budget.

I'd like to see people less focussed on the negative side of things though. It's hard enough to produce Amiga related hardware already without people going around trying to convince everyone it's worthless and vapour anyway. If I ever want to get myself an NG Amiga, I'll need a lot more people out there to buy the new hardware so I eventually get a 'subsidised' system in the future (You know early adopters always pay about 5 times the final every-day-joe-schmoe price)

broadblues 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 14:44:13
#98 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Kronos

Quote:

By the time OS4 made it out of "prerelease" (an event that was backdated during the court-battles) all A1s were sold out.

That distorts the reality of the fact that once OS4 was "prereleased" you could by an new AmigOne with OS4, I know I did (in fact I think I bought the "last one" in the UK, so I was lucky)

Rob 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 14:45:35
#99 ]
Elite Member

@tiffers

Quote:
What are the chances BigD would be so up in arms if the M.A.P. of Hyperion's had been porting to x86 architecture?

I'm not sure, but I know that he'd be up in arms if you questioned his belief in supernatural beings.

BigD 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 15:24:38
#100 ]
Elite Member

@tiffers

Quote:
What are the chances BigD would be so up in arms if the M.A.P. of Hyperion's had been porting to x86 architecture? I bet he'd be over zealous in his attempts to convert all of the anti-x86 members on the forum. I doubt he'd be crying 'vapour' had the X1000 been based on the Intel Atom or the AMD Geode. How balanced is his P.O.V. really?

I would love to see the AmigaOne X1000 with a PPC Processor see the light of day and I am not advocating a switch to x86 right now (although a Mac PPC port seems a no-brainer to increase the hardware base)!

My only line of argument in all of this is the fact that Hyperion have an AmigaOne X1000 for development is NOT general knowledge and nor is a partnership between A-Eon and Hyperion and yet a lot on this forum speak as if it's a done deal! The 'riddle' site was a 'damp squib' in reality and garnered a lot of attention for no gain to A-Eon or Hyperion. We still have no idea what the system will be like and it simply another drip feed of info to stop us all giving up the ghost! This has not been positioned as a re-birth of the Amiga but simply a curio to try and get Tech journalists attention whilst not necessarily getting any extra sales! Without a release date, price, case pics or processor details this isn't as exciting as it sounds and will probably put people off buying Sam mobos until the 'proper' announcement!

Last edited by BigD on 18-Jan-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle