Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 81 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  1 min ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs 9 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 21 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 33 mins ago
 saimo:  2 hrs 35 mins ago
 lionstorm:  3 hrs 5 mins ago
 utri007:  3 hrs 6 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 30 mins ago
 _Steve_:  4 hrs ago
 Kronos:  4 hrs 28 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  It's only 1 more day
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
TheDaddy 
Re: It's only 1 more day
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:30:50
#321 ]
Elite Member

@Framiga

>>use LinuX? where i wrote i will use it?

You have downloaded COS, do you know what it is?

>>the difference between me and you (beeing one of the anti cusa activist) is that i try things before shouting from the wrong hole!

I am not an anti-CUSA activist for your information. I just can't stand the things being presented the wrong way.

Have you ever used Linux and in this case Linux Mint?

Profile     Report this post  
eliyahu 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:32:51
#322 ]

@Seblam

please tell me this hasn't put you off making 'return of the beast' for OS4. i've been waiting for that ever since your amiga future interview. it looked awesome!

-- eliyahu

Framiga 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:33:46
#323 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

i was wondering this thing me too when i read this in the included Readme:

"Commodore ROMs are provided with our machines or purchased media only"

what are exacly these Commodore ROMs?

eliyahu 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:38:15
#324 ]

@Framiga

Quote:
i was wondering this thing me too when i read this in the included Readme:

"Commodore ROMs are provided with our machines or purchased media only"

what are exacly these Commodore ROMs?

i think it is referring to the kickstart ROMs from cloanto. the C64 ROMs are public-domain at this point and are built-in to VICE. but unless i somehow ended up with a different build than everyone else, my install has the cloanto kickstart ROMs as well as the ROM key included in the 'extras' DVD. perhaps that was a mistake? or maybe the user is only licensed to use them if they own CUSA hardware? not sure. maybe leo or barry can clarify the ROM licensing specifics.

-- eliyahu

damocles 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:41:21
#325 ]

@eliyahu

Quote:
it does have the cloanto ROMs included, as well as a great many public-domain amiga and C64 games. are there others you were referring to?

I believe there are a great deal number of closed sourced C64 games included that is licensed under C= Corporation. I really haven't been keeping up on COSV so I'm going by what I can remember in conversations and emails over the Summer, things may have changed since then.

eliyahu 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:44:01
#326 ]

@damocles

Quote:
I believe there are a great deal number of closed sourced C64 games included that is licensed under C= Corporation. I really haven't been keeping up on COSV so I'm going by what I can remember in conversations and emails over the Summer, things may have changed since then.

if that's the case, then it's pretty sweet. there are a ton of C64 games i miss from my childhood like montezuma's revenge or monopoly or....

if they include a bunch of previously commercial, yet abandoned, games and allow their customers access to them legally, that would be awesome. it would finally provide a legitimate path to use those older titles rather than be forced to 'pirate' them as is the case currently.

-- eliyahu

damocles 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:44:17
#327 ]

@eliyahu

Quote:
i think it is referring to the kickstart ROMs from cloanto. the C64 ROMs are public-domain at this point and are built-in to VICE. but unless i somehow ended up with a different build than everyone else, my install has the cloanto kickstart ROMs as well as the ROM key included in the 'extras' DVD. perhaps that was a mistake? or maybe the user is only licensed to use them if they own CUSA hardware? not sure. maybe leo or barry can clarify the ROM licensing specifics.

Believe it's only going to be available for those who own C=USA hardware. Could be wrong though.

OlafS25 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:45:50
#328 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

It could be that they got a license to distribute that with their distribution. But I almost cannot imagine that because why buying Amigaforever in future. Connected to their PCs would make more sense, but then it is a little strange that they include it in a free download.

Seblam 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:46:21
#329 ]

@TheDaddy

Dont want to be off topic but if I chose the Lambo Gallardo and not Murcielago or Aventador, it was on purpose. Gallardo is basically a Audi R8 with V10 Audi engine. Murcielago/Aventador have true V12 Lambo engine.

Oh by the way we are all fanboys, it's question of the imagination we put in our prefered flavour. The only real Amiga is dead.

Some people will feel using OS4 they have the real continuity of the platform. Great if they enjoy it like that. Sad reality is it is completely outdated, no big apps, expensive and underpowered hardware, and a dev team that has nothing to do with original dev team, and far from having the skills to create a state of the art OS
Other will think MOS is the real continuity because much more polished OS made by much more skilled dev, that were behind MUI, CGX, on cheap powerful hardware. And even if it's running on Mac.
Could you accept and respect people that could enjoy COS as a sort of AmigaOSX, even if in the end it's a linux distro.

And again is it possible to discuss friendly without being treated of fanboy every 2 posts.
TheDaddy I have lot of respect for the energy money you invest in X500 case project, but if this is not fanboyism, I really wonder what it is...

eliyahu 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:46:42
#330 ]

@damocles

Quote:
Believe it's only going to be available for those who own C=USA hardware. Could be wrong though.

ah, ok. then i had better delete them. can you let leo know they seem to be on the publicly available extras DVD build? i'm guessing that was a mistake. of course technically the build is only for CUSA customers, so maybe i'm in error? better ask this on the CUSA forum....

-- eliyahu

eliyahu 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:53:48
#331 ]

@thread

whoa. mea culpa, guys. the cloanto ROMs are not included on the public DVDs. my mistake all around.

-- eliyahu

Seblam 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:59:04
#332 ]

@eliyahu

No, i wont lose motivation for return of the beast because of some rude discussion on this forum
Simply because i am doing it for me in the first place, because it's fun and not especially to make community happy. Of course if community enjoy it as much as I had fun to do it, great.

My only concern is just that even X1000 could be limit to run it the way i want it (HD, nice 2D graphics). But I will do all possible to have it running on OS4 but i could also make it on COS to have it state of the art.

Because OS4 is my favourite AmigaOS flavour. But this doesn't prevent to have objectivity to say MOS much more polished or that CUSA has a nice concept that could appeal to the mass even if it's make unhappy the most purist here

Framiga 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 14:59:55
#333 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

i didn't burnrd the Extra DVD yet .... could it be that that ROMs are somehow tied to theyr hardware? have you tried them? just curious

TheDaddy 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 15:03:51
#334 ]
Elite Member

@Seblam

>>Dont want to be off topic but if I chose the Lambo Gallardo and not Murcielago or Aventador, it was on purpose. Gallardo is basically a Audi R8 with V10 Audi engine. Murcielago/Aventador have true V12 Lambo engine.

I would say the opposite.

The Audi R8 sports car, launched in early 2007, is based on the Gallardo platform, and uses a 4.2 litre V8 in place of the Gallardo's V10 to avoid competing directly with the Gallardo. In December 2008, Audi unveiled a V10 Audi R8, with a detuned version of the Gallardo's engine, placed between the R8 V8 and the Gallardo.

So you think that the new Lancia Thema is a Lancia then?

>>Oh by the way we are all fanboys, it's question of the imagination we put in our prefered flavour. The only real Amiga is dead.

Nope. I need no imagination in using a real Amiga, but you need A LOT of imagination to BELIEVE that COS is an Amiga.

>>Could you accept and respect people that could enjoy COS as a sort of AmigaOSX, even if in the end it's a linux distro.

How could you? It's LINUX.

>>And again is it possible to discuss friendly without being treated of fanboy every 2 posts.

My definition of fanboy is someone who believes and accepts unconditionally that COS is an Amiga OS or a Commodore OS, even though they know perfectly well that there is NOTHING Commodore or Amiga about it apart from a name.

The new Lancia Thema as the example above is NOT a LANCIA it's a Chrysler with the LANCIA badge slapped on.

If I created a new Linux Distro and called it ATARI or SINCLAIR would people really believe it's an ATARI or a SINCLAIR?

>>TheDaddy I have lot of respect for the energy money you invest in X500 case project, but if this is not fanboyism, I really wonder what it is...

What has the X500 got to do with this?

Last edited by TheDaddy on 13-Nov-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Last edited by TheDaddy on 13-Nov-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Seblam 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 15:09:34
#335 ]

@TheDaddy

Have you read my point, x500 had to do with the fact you call me fanboy. Because for me such a project is fanboyism as well as my return of beast project. Is it so bad to be fan of something?

Anyway TheDaddy, you love to play who will have the last word game, so I will be nice and well educated and I will let you the last word...

Last edited by Seblam on 13-Nov-2011 at 03:10 PM.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 15:14:23
#336 ]
Elite Member

@Seblam

>>Have you read my point, x500 had to do with the fact you call me fanboy.

A fanboy ACCEPTS facts unconditionally as many CUSA fanatics, many times we have read posts saying: "this is the new Amiga, the new Amiga OS, the new Commodore" and we all know that it isn't.

Working on your personal project like the Beast or the X500 is a complete different thing. A fanboy follows a "leader" (see Apple etc...) unconditionally, and repeats, like a parrot, everything their leader says.

Daytona675x 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 15:28:58
#337 ]

@Seblam
Quote:
I will be nice and well educated

Just being curious, if your education allows for it, could you please answer these:

#154: Did you realize that your comparism is invalid?
#177: Did you realize that your statement was logically invalid?
#273: Did you realize your statement itself is laughable?
#276: Why did you (and continue to) complain about the OS4 community not being helpful, when you never asked for help in the first place?

Last edited by Daytona675x on 13-Nov-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Seblam 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 15:40:55
#338 ]

@Daytona675x

I ask for help on my website www.lamtec.fr whose link was given on Return of the Beast thread on AW. For your other points i have no time to check the posts you refer about to try to argument with someone who already qualified them as "laughable" or "illogical". If its laughable I'm happy to give you some fun at least
Sad this discussion is going less and less friendly

Last edited by Seblam on 13-Nov-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Last edited by Seblam on 13-Nov-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Seblam 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 15:54:50
#339 ]

@TheDaddy

I agree with you but i never said CUSA is new commodore or amiga, i just said it's nice retro c64/amiga inspired package that could give the feeling to be sort of AmigaOSX
And for the moment, i dont buy a C64x dont try COS. Maybe I will, for the moment priority is on X1000. But if CUSA doesn't match my expectation i would be the first to tell as well as a OS4 user i will continue to say MOS is more polished and that it would have been better to have AmigaOS4 based on this

Last edited by Seblam on 13-Nov-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Last edited by Seblam on 13-Nov-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Last edited by Seblam on 13-Nov-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Daytona675x 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 15:55:15
#340 ]

@Seblam
Quote:
I ask for help on my website www.lamtec.fr whose link was given on Return of the Beast thread on AW.
I see, thanks for directing me to it. Yes, there is general ask for help.

Quote:
who already qualified them as "laughable"
Actually it was you who came up with that term in the first place and moved that discussion in a, if you want, less friendly way, but well. Just picking words you seem to like to adjust to your level.

Quote:
If its laughable I'm happy to give you some fun at least
Oh yes, it is

Quote:
Sad this discussion is going less and less friendly
I asume you did not mean me? Because I'd say I'm quite polite (at least not less than you), but maybe your skin is way thinner than mine

Quote:
to try to argument with someone who already qualified them as "laughable" or "illogical".

Well, but it's a fact, sorry, they are the way they are. Not my fault you say things like that.
Anyway, sad you don't want to correct your obviously wrong argumentations you stated earlier, but well, cannot help you then.

Last edited by Daytona675x on 13-Nov-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Last edited by Daytona675x on 13-Nov-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle