Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 176 guest(s) on-line.
 3 member(s) on-line.

Hypex,  pixie,  AMIGASYSTEM

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  19 secs ago
 pixie:  1 min ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  4 mins ago
 VooDoo:  5 mins ago
 pavlor:  11 mins ago
 OlafS25:  12 mins ago
 Matt3k:  15 mins ago
 matthey:  19 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 jPV:  1 hr 28 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
Nimrod 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 23-Dec-2012 0:16:42
#1761 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Name: Adolf Hitler Religion: atheist
Once again you are spreading untrue information Evidence And shortly before his death, he was married by a Catholic priest. hardly the action of an atheist. As much as you find it inconvenient, the fact remains that as a good little Catholic, Adolf Hitler carried out the official and historical Catholic policy of extermination of Jews.

Despite lies of thisnature put out by the propogandists for the Catholic heirarchy, it was not atheists that massacred women and children during the siege of Jerusalem, or the albigensian crusades, or massacred Jews and Muslims in 15th century Spain, or later massacred the native South American populations. Nor was it atheists that collected blankets from smallpox wards to infect the indigenous population of North America in an early example of biological warfare as a weapon of genocide.
Also neither Bloody Mary nor Oliver Cromwell were atheists as England was hammered by religious purges that led to a population decline over a period of time. I will also add that Atheists were not the ones responsible for the burning of Huguenots as they sought sanctuary in churhes by the simple expedient of burning the churches to the ground. The entire history of christianity has been a continuing series of mass murders torture and genocide.

It is because of these facts that the Intelligence squared debate moved from 678 for vs 1102 against before the facts were discussed to 268 for vs 1876 against after the audience had heard both sides of the argument whather the catholic church was a force for good.

Matthew 7:16 is one of the more valid parts of your holy book when it states "Ye shall know them by their fruits." And have we ever learned to know christians by their fruits.

Profile     Report this post  
BigD 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 23-Dec-2012 0:51:15
#1762 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Back to post ##1356 we go then;

Quote:
He might of been raised a Catholic, picked a saint at confirmation or whatever but there is no way he came to know Jesus as his personal Lord and Saviour and there is very little chance he ever repented of his war crimes committed in World War 2. This is not the sign of a Christian but a hardened atheist. I think you need to look at how you define a Christian!? Stalin was an atheist, Hitler was an atheist, Pol Pot was an atheist and Mao Zedong was an atheist. Between them they were responsible for the deaths of millions upon millions of non-combatants;

Mao 40 to 70 million people
Stalin 34 to 49 million
Pol Pot 2 million
Hitler 12 million civilians

Franko 
Posted on 23-Dec-2012 1:06:35
#1763 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:

Mao 40 to 70 million people
Stalin 34 to 49 million
Pol Pot 2 million
Hitler 12 million civilians
[/quote]

Still a tiny drop in the ocean when compared to the number of people killed your God has been responsible for since he suddenly appeared in the imagination of a lot of obviously mentally ill people in this world... Christians I believe is the terminology for them...

Convenient how you leave out that aint it.... hypocrite...

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 23-Dec-2012 7:00:41
#1764 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

Yawn

Are you still trying to move the goalposts Big D?

You can't win on facts or evidence, so lets try some sensationalism shall we?

Only you tried that already and it failed miserably. Stalin? He might have been an atheist, but he also had a moustache. So did the Catholic Hitler. Perhaps facial hair is the cause of evil? But didn't Jesus have a beard?

AND YOU STILL HAVE NOT EXPLAINED WHY YOU IGNORE GOD'S TEACHINGS ON WOMEN, BUT CHOOSE TO ENFORCE HIS RULES ON HOMOSEXUALITY

It was a pretty crappy attempt by you to try to claim it was me that was being selective in following God's instructions, though as everyone in the universe (including God, if he exists) knows, the only one being selective is you.

I am more Christian than you D. What does that say about you?

Google Translate

Nimrod 
Posted on 23-Dec-2012 11:58:59
#1765 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Back to post ##1356 we go then;

Learn to read.
Then read the replies to post 1356
Then read the potted history of your cult of torture and murder and genocide.
Then read Matthew 7:16
Then look at the actions of Adolf Hitler and see how he exemplifies what it is to be a good christian, by his policy of torture, and munder, and genocide.
Note the similarities between Hitlers statements and the Alhambra decree. Then read the answer given by Isaac Abravamel and see if any of it sounds vaguely familiar.

Then Explain to me and the rest of the world what it is that you believe gives you an immunity from prosecution for the libellous statement that you made when you accused me of having sexual relations with my deceased sister.

Last edited by Nimrod on 23-Dec-2012 at 05:10 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Dec-2012 16:44:06
#1766 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
Atheists become dictators and kill all minorities and people of faith

Most Atheists don't become dictators. Nor is dictators a unique property of atheism. You can review history to find Christian, Muslim, and other dictators.

Stalin was an atheist. People under his reign were killed for political reasons not faith based ones. This is different than Christianity. In fact under Stalin faith expanded as over 22K more churches were opened. Moscow's Theological Seminary was reopened. Hardly the actions of someone that thought the faithful should be killed off.

Hitler being an atheist is a lie. He was a Roman Catholic. Read his writings. He claimed to be doing God's will to get rid of Jews. Additionally, you must not forget that it was Christians who were loading the trains and filling the ovens.

You have a false unstated major premise. Atheism is not a moral code nor a way to live on earth. Nothing about Atheism says to kill people. However, while Christianity claims that 'thou shall not kill' is a major credo of their faith they prove to not live by it. History is clearly littered with millions upon millions of bodies of people that are dead because they choose to not accept your God.

Killing isn't due to lack of faith. Killing is due to lack of empathy. There's a big difference.

Nimrod 
Posted on 23-Dec-2012 17:17:37
#1767 ]

@SpaceDruid

Quote:
I am more Christian than you D. What does that say about you?

Holy cow Batman!!!!!

BrianK 
Posted on 24-Dec-2012 21:49:32
#1768 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Jesus would marry a man says another fellow 'Christian' alarmist.

I get the 'gay marriage is against our faith' approach here. But, again you nor her have any dominion over me and my faith nor over other Christians and their faith. I appreciate the Amish they get it. Just because they can't have technology in their house doesn't mean they demand the nation outlaw it for everyone else. Whereas, other Christians seem to think they get to write our laws to appease their God even if we don't give a rats ass for that version of God or God itself. Boo on them!

Last edited by BrianK on 25-Dec-2012 at 01:47 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 25-Dec-2012 1:48:25
#1769 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
Then Explain to me and the rest of the world what it is that you believe gives you an immunity from prosecution for the libellous statement that you made when you accused me of having sexual relations with my deceased sister.

You need to go back and read post #1371. It was clearly a question and not a statement and directed at you and your wife and not you and your deceased sister!

Your cryptic assumption that all Christians would be against your marriage could only seemingly be explained by your married relationship being to someone you were closely related to. As it happens your only accusation was that you believed all Christians want your marriage annulled because she has a faith in Jesus and you don't! As explained in post #1373 your assumptions were false.

Quote #1373

Quote:
...Once they are married however they no longer have a choice (despite the guidance as to what is the ideal), they are to remain in the union and honour God by honouring their spouse. What that means for your particular relationship is up to you to figure out, if indeed you care what the Bible says. You seem keen to dismiss the Bible's teaching on the definition of marriage and the teachings on homosexuality so why pay attention when I mention the teachings on how Christians are to choose a spouse?

No one wants you to get divorced and no one on this thread believes your wife is your sister!!! What needed clarifying was why you felt that all Christians were against your marriage. It was a simple misunderstanding that would have been easily dealt with if you talked this through with your wife over a Bible study of 1 Peter 3:1-2.

1 Peter 3:1-2
Quote:
Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.

That verse clearly shows that Christian women should not divorce their non-Christian husbands.

Merry Christmas Nimrod. I pray that your wife would continue to bring you many blessings.

Last edited by BigD on 25-Dec-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Last edited by BigD on 25-Dec-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Last edited by BigD on 25-Dec-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Rob 
Posted on 25-Dec-2012 3:45:08
#1770 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRDtNjKFUkE

Nimrod 
Posted on 25-Dec-2012 10:53:35
#1771 ]

@BigD

Thank you for finally addressing the issue of your libellous statement. It only took two months, an abuse report and the information that I intended to sue.
Quote:
Your cryptic assumption that all Christians would be against your marriage could only seemingly be explained by your married relationship being to someone you were closely related to
A sex crime as the only explanation? when the truth turned out to be something far more prosaic. Only in the imagination of somebody that is totally obsessed with sex, and defines everybody in the world other than themself as some classification of pervert.

Quote:
As explained in post #1373 your assumptions were false. Quote #1373 Quote:
...Once they are married however they no longer have a choice (despite the guidance as to what is the ideal), they are to remain in the union and honour God by honouring their spouse.
My wife and I were already married and of the same religious affiliation when she was proselytised by a group of christians. If christians do not want mixed marriages why do they not stop peddling their superstitions where they are not welcome. I respect my wifes decision to become a christian but I wish that christians would have the grace to respect my choice not to.

I have seen what has happened to others in my situation when christians seek to spread their numbers into established non-christian families. How they keep preaching that their deity should be placed ahead of family. I will cite Luke 14:26 and Matthew 10:34 as the sources of my apprehension as well as the christians historical reputation as thieves, murderers, torturers etc. Compare the statement of yours about Jews being gods chosen with the portrayal of Shylock and then tell me which christian view of Jews would be most recognisable to Jews.

Quote:
It was a simple misunderstanding that would have been easily dealt with if you talked this through with your wife over a Bible study of 1 Peter 3:1-2.
You deliberately chose the worst possible interpretation of my very real fears to publish a libel, and now, instead of retracting and apologising, you seek to justify your libel and claim that the best solution is if I surrender my own mind, and my own chosen path in life to become that which history has taught me to fear and despise the most.

Last edited by Nimrod on 25-Dec-2012 at 11:00 AM.

BillE 
Posted on 26-Dec-2012 12:33:04
#1772 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Name: Adolf Hitler
Religion: atheist (actually attempted to get Germans to worship him and attempted to eliminate faith in God).

Hitler was NOT an aetheist, he believed in even more baloney than you do, as well as being Christian/Catholic.

Quote:
Atheists become dictators and kill all minorities

Totally incorrect, aetheists never kill anyone -well not for any belief anyway. Only the religious seem to think they have a 'cause' to justify murder.

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion. " - Steven Weinberg, physicist.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 26-Dec-2012 17:12:44
#1773 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

It was nice that the Roman Catholic Church's leader in England and Wales chose Christmas to spread the Jesus message of love and tolerance to all mankind.

Oh no wait, he chose the Lords birthday to attack the gays again...

It still never fails to amaze me how the Catholic Church were able to pull the wool over so many eyes for so long. Terrorism and murder can only take you so far after all. The CC just don't seem to get the point that people in this part of the world by and large, don't take kindly to dictators trying to force their will on others.

So it doesn't come as much of a surprise to find out that all this negative campaigning from dictatorial groups such as the one BigD belongs to has actually polarised opinion in the other direction than what they intended.

Source

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 26-Dec-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Google Translate

CritAnime 
Posted on 26-Dec-2012 19:11:40
#1774 ]
Cult Member

@SpaceDruid

So much for peace on earth and goodwill to all men

Interesting about the research though.

Admin at Commodore Gaming Wiki

BrianK 
Posted on 28-Dec-2012 19:32:33
#1775 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
Stalin
Raised by parents who were straight and religious
Quote:
Hitler
Raised by parents who were straight and religious
Quote:
Pol Pot
Raised by parents who were straight and went to a religious school
Quote:
Mao
Raised by parents who were straight

HHHMMM

Rob 
Posted on 29-Dec-2012 19:48:58
#1776 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

BigD can only see that they'd simply have been far worse if they'd come from a "broken" family.

BrianK 
Posted on 1-Jan-2013 15:27:13
#1777 ]
Elite Member

BigD 
Posted on 1-Jan-2013 21:53:56
#1778 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Happy New Year. Calling a halt on twisting and rubbishing Jesus' teachings wasn't one of your new year's resolutions then?!

The Bible clearly teaches that Christians can care for people without condoning sinful acts. People are not defined by their decision to take part in homosexual acts. Jesus came to save sinners from hell but he does not condone our sins. By taking the punishment for our sins on the cross and yet asking Christians to turn from their sinful old ways and lifestyles he both loved sinners and yet clearly detested the sin itself.

Last edited by BigD on 01-Jan-2013 at 09:57 PM.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 2-Jan-2013 22:45:51
#1779 ]

@BigD

Google Translate

Nimrod 
Posted on 2-Jan-2013 23:48:58
#1780 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Happy New Year. Calling a halt on twisting and rubbishing Jesus' teachings wasn't one of your new year's resolutions then?!
Just as retracting your own libellous implication that I am involved in an incestuous relationship, was not a resolution of yours.

You then proceed to preach from your holy book under the assumption that it is somehow more valid than any of the other books of "divine inspiration". Can I once again suggest that you compare your claims of "christian compassion" with the track record of christians in the form of torture, murder, and genocide. I also suggest that you think about how you personally choose to casually libel somebody, and think how much more offensive such a statement that you made in post #1371 implying that the only possible explanation was that I was involved in an incestuous relationship, was than the indication that you were not following the spirit of the teachings of your chosen "messiah"

Note also that BrianK did not rubbish the teachings of your prophet, he pointed out that you were ascribing attitudes to him that were not justified, just as the crusaders did when they massacred women and children in the inner sanctum of the temple in Jerusalem. Have you not yet realised why people like me have learned to avoid and distrust people like you?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle