Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 157 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  53 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 agami:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 amigasociety:  2 hrs 46 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 32 mins ago
 RobertB:  3 hrs 48 mins ago
 Rob:  4 hrs 13 mins ago
 number6:  5 hrs 18 mins ago
 Karlos:  5 hrs 54 mins ago
 kolla:  6 hrs 22 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million - good use of tax payers money!? Please sign Petition if you think not.
Posted on 29-Jul-2012 16:09:19
#621 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

I wanted to go back to your question. Something I didn't include, nor did BigD, was Jesus did talk about Eunuchs. Eunuchs weren't only people without genitlia. Though that is indeed true. Gays and Lesbians were also grouped into the label of 'Eunuch'.

Look at Matthew 19:12 . Jesus reconginized enunuchs were natural (not a choice) from the time of their birth. "For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb:" as well as some that did choose "and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake" ... But in next sentence he did say if they accepted the religion they too would get into heaven.
"He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."

Profile     Report this post  
Rose 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million - good use of tax payers money!? Please sign Petition if you think not.
Posted on 29-Jul-2012 16:17:10
#622 ]
Cult Member

@BigD

Quote:

Hence the parallels I've drawn with Nazi Germany!

Kind of Ironic that your views about gays are paralel with Nazi Germany...

"Because some Nazis believed homosexuality was a sickness that could be cured, they designed policies to "cure" homosexuals of their "disease" through humiliation and hard work."

Quote:
How about we offer a professional service to help confused youths who know homosexuality is wrong due to a guilty conscience...

BigD 
Posted on 29-Jul-2012 17:51:20
#623 ]
Elite Member

@AndyC

Quote:
Now, if you've finished talking complete and utter rubbish, let's just address your point. A highly motivated vociferous minority spamming the equal marriage consultation does not a majority make. It wasn't a referendum. I think you'll find that the average non-respondent, by virtue of their non-response, doesn't give a toss. I doubt you'll have gone to the trouble of reviewing the analysis of the consultation outcome, but if you did, you'd understand why the government disregarded the deluded, bigoted rantings of the organised "Christian" respondents.

You couldn't be more deluded than if you went outside looked at the mountains, streams and forests and the life contained therein and declared aloud that you believed it was the result of random chaos somehow ordering a process of minor but pivotal evolutionary events, random yet crucial organic chemistry reactions and the stroke of luck required so that the Earth was precisely the right distance away for the fixed constants required for life to match up to create life on Earth!!

You still fail to acknowledge that the 'Coalition 4 Marriage'; the group that you allude to, is in fact a non-religious organisation containing over 589,000 signatures from a myriad of different people with varied world views and faith positions. Your attempt to put ALL these concerned respondents into one box labelled 'The Religious Right' is flawed and conceited!! They are not the minority but the majority viewpoint and they outnumber the vociferous liberal minority 2:1!

The simple matter that the Scottish Government no longer listens to the electorate never mind represents them is the reason you should concerned that your country is on the same track as Germany was in the 20s and 30s. When people are not listened to and become persecuted when they speak out for morality then society is dying!

Last edited by BigD on 29-Jul-2012 at 06:01 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 29-Jul-2012 18:00:01
#624 ]
Elite Member

@Rose

Quote:
"Because some Nazis believed homosexuality was a sickness that could be cured, they designed policies to "cure" homosexuals of their "disease" through humiliation and hard work."

I'll think you'll find the Christian advice would take the form of voluntary counselling and mentoring. Such programs already exist but they are looked down on and actively attacked by 'Gay Agenda' organisations for obvious reasons!

In response to the acusations that Hitler was a Christian, this should jolt your sanity chips back into life;

Wiki: The Religious Views of Adolf Hitler

Quote:
In 1985 the Austrian author Wilfried Daim published a photograph of an alleged document signed by Hitler in 1943, which proposed the:

"Immediate and unconditional abolition of all religions after the final victory ('Endsieg') not only for the territory of Greater Germany but also for all released, occupied and annexed countries ..., proclaiming at the same time Hitler as the new messiah. Out of political considerations the Muslim, Buddhist and Shintoist religion will be spared for the present. The 'Führer' has to be presented as an intermediate between a redeemer and a liberator, yet surely as one sent by God, who has to get godly honour. The existing churches, chapels, temples and cult places of the different religions have to be changed into 'Adolf-Hitler-consecration places'. The theological faculties of the universities have to be transformed into the new faith. Special emphasis has to be laid on the education of missionaries and wandering preachers, who have to proclaim the teaching in Greater Germany and in the rest of the world and have to form religious bodies, which can be used as centres for further extension. (With this the problems with the abolition of monogamy will disappear, because polygamy can be included into the new teaching as one of the statements of faith.)"[86]

Interesting that it mentions the abolition of monogamy as that's one of the aims of the Gay Agenda too written into the Gay Liberation Front Manifesto 1971;

Quote:
...we've too often submitted to the pressures to conform to the straightjacket of society's rules and hang ups about sex. Particularly oppressive aspects of gay society are the Youth Cult, Butch and Femme role-playing, and Compulsive Monogamy.

Don't try and convince me that the homosexual community want to live lives comparable to their married heterosexual counterparts. They will stop at nothing short of destroying our way of life while carrying on with their promiscuous and life shortening lifestyle. The Liberals should wake up and smell the pansies!

Last edited by BigD on 29-Jul-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 29-Jul-2012 19:13:02
#625 ]

@BigD

Quote:
The Scottish Parliament is out of touch with the views of people
Actually they are not, you are! Quote:
The simple matter that the Scottish Government no longer listens to the electorate never mind represents them is the reason you should concerned
In polls that are properly run, asking unbiased questions in non-perjorative terms, the majority came out in favour of the proposed legislation. If you restrict your sample of the population to that portion where you anticipate your preferred answer as your quoted poll did, and ask a loaded question as your quoted poll did, you will get the answer that you want as your quoted poll did, but that is not the will of the majority, it is merely an echo of your own prejudice. To refer back to your "Nazi analogy" If you went to a bierkeller in Munich in 1938 and asked "should we defend the Fatherland against zionist conspirators" you would get a huge vote of "yes". Does that make the extermination of over six million people right?
You repeatedly produce slanderous accusations against anybody who does not blindly obey your invective laden rants in the manner of the imperial stormtrooper your avatar depicts, yet it is you who would herd minorities into "correction camps". Tell me, how many of these proposed camps would have "showers" that had no drains?

Quote:
In response to the acusations that Hitler was a Christian, this should jolt your sanity chips back into life;
And once again you carefully cherry pick your "evidence" to support your lies. The fact that one person alleged something, does not mean that the allegation is all out proven fact. If I searched in the same manner that you do, and carefully quote farmed and missed out relevant sections, like you do, I could put up posts to "prove" that the holocaust never happened. Despite that, I could not make the basic fact of the matter go away. The fact is that Adolf was raised as a catholic, was confirmed as a catholic, and followed official catholic doctrine, which is why he punished approximately six million jews for the crime of killing christ. This is from the same article. The fact that Adolf did not have a full state wedding in a cathedral has more to do with the progress of his "thousand year reich" than his religious beliefs, or did you think Marshall Zhukov was coming to Berlin to act as best man?

BrianK 
Posted on 29-Jul-2012 20:06:29
#626 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
Don't try and convince me that the homosexual community want to live lives comparable to their married heterosexual counterparts. They will stop at nothing short of destroying our way of life while carrying on with their promiscuous and life shortening lifestyle. The Liberals should wake up and smell the pansies!
Giving women the right to vote. Allowing blacks to not have seperate water fountains. -- Both were accompanied by the logic you apply here. The result was opposite to what the 'good christians' told us would happen to society. I see nothing to indicate that 'this time' the FUD will be real.

AndyC 
Posted on 29-Jul-2012 21:26:19
#627 ]

@BigD

Quote:
You couldn't be more deluded than if you went outside looked at the mountains, streams and forests and the life contained therein and declared aloud that you believed it was the result of random chaos somehow ordering a process of minor but pivotal evolutionary events, random yet crucial organic chemistry reactions and the stroke of luck required so that the Earth was precisely the right distance away for the fixed constants required for life to match up to create life on Earth!!

You actually just said that, didn't you? I'm not imagining it?

Regrettably, for you, what you utterly fail to account for is the evidence that points to just that.

I expect you'll suggest that our planet is the only such planet in the whole universe to exist in the "goldilocks zone", and that we are "special"?

In the last 20 years we have discovered over 600 planetary systems outside our own, with our limited technological capability, in only a narrow search of the known universe. It's only a matter of time until we discover an Earth-like planet, with life forms akin to our own. What then? Do you sink even deeper into denial?

We are not special, we were not molded from the clay, the heavens and the earth were not created in 6 days. To think otherwise is morally questionable given the weight of evidence.

Lord, give me strength!

AndyC

Rose 
Posted on 29-Jul-2012 22:22:11
#628 ]
Cult Member

@AndyC

Since he's True Christian....

T-J 
Posted on 29-Jul-2012 22:56:25
#629 ]
Cult Member

@BrianK

That's where I was going with my question, to be honest. Unfortunately BigD doesn't seem to want to discuss such trivialities as what Jesus is actually quoted as saying, being so focussed on ensuring that Deuteronomic Law is adhered to strictly. Well, bits of it anyway.

Again the quote about the spirit and letter of the law comes to mind...

AndyC 
Posted on 29-Jul-2012 23:16:39
#630 ]

@Rose

Ha! But surely that would contradict the parable of the talents?

AndyC

BrianK 
Posted on 30-Jul-2012 14:18:59
#631 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
That's where I was going with my question, to be honest. Unfortunately BigD doesn't seem to want to discuss such trivialities as what Jesus is actually quoted as saying, being so focussed on ensuring that Deuteronomic Law is adhered to strictly. Well, bits of it anyway.

Again the quote about the spirit and letter of the law comes to mind...

You don't actually expect Christians to follow the word of Christ do you?! They'd much rather rip something out of Leviticus and ignore the rest.

... A few years ago this was going through Email. In fact the West Wing ripped off, and admit to, the chain mail in an episode.

"
Dear Dr. Laura, Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend homosexuality, for example, I will simply remind him or her that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other laws in Leviticus and Exodus and how to best follow them.
1.When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Leviticus 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as stated in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3.I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Leviticus 15:19-24). The problem is, how can I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4.Leviticus 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify?
5.I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
6.A friend of mine says that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Leviticus 10:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
7.Leviticus 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's Word is eternal and unchanging
"

Rose 
Posted on 30-Jul-2012 20:03:45
#632 ]
Cult Member

@BigD

Quote:

The Christianity of Hitler revealed in his speeches and proclamations.

BrianK 
Posted on 30-Jul-2012 22:16:23
#633 ]
Elite Member

"The essence of Christianity is told to us in the Garden of Eden Story.

The subtext is, all the suffering you have is because you wanted to find out what is going on. You could be in the Garden of Eden if you had just kept your fucking mouth shut and hadn't asked any questions. Get smart and I'll fuck you over say'eth the Lord.

Is this not an absolute anti-intellectual religion?" -- Frank Zappa

Franko 
Posted on 1-Aug-2012 13:57:32
#634 ]
Elite Member

@All

WHAT !!!

Not a single post in this thread on the 31st !!!

Was it a worldwide holiday or some crazy religious proclamation that said no post will be made on the 31st or you'll get nailed to big doad of wood...

Is everyone too busy watching the Olympics !!!

Did World War III break out and everyone's dead and nobody told me !!!

or did the men in white coats finally catch up with BigD and he's now safely rocking back and forth in the rubber room...

BrianK 
Posted on 1-Aug-2012 14:20:21
#635 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Well Aug 1 brings lower cost if not free healthcare to all the women in the USA. I expect the religious nutters to hate this.

Today’s announcement builds on that progress by making sure women have access to a full range of recommended preventive services without cost sharing, including:
•well-woman visits;
•screening for gestational diabetes;
•human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA testing for women 30 years and older;
•sexually-transmitted infection counseling;
•human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) screening and counseling;
•FDA-approved contraception methods and contraceptive counseling;
•breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling; and
•domestic violence screening and counseling.

And the worst thing - No Co-Pay Contraceptives. That'll prevent God's command to go out and multiple. Though I think God ordered that because long division is just too difficult for some.

BrianK 
Posted on 1-Aug-2012 16:46:26
#636 ]
Elite Member

Recently the Coalition of African American Pastors took a stand against gay marriage

Best part of the questioning was around 10:19: When the pastors refused to answer a question concerning what marriages exist in the Bible.

"Bey: Reverend, What is God’s position on polygamy?

Owens: [Glares] Well, I think you know that. This is not about polygamy. This is about same-sex marriage.

Bey: This is about your — I need you to define for me, please, the Biblical definition of marriage–

Owens: The Biblical definition of marriage is a marriage between a man and a woman. And I’m not going to–

Bey: But Reverend–

Owens: I’m not going to get on another track!

Bey: … Talk to me about Abraham’s marriage.

Owens: Madam. Next question! Next question.

Bey: Reverend, what is God’s position on polygamy?

Owens: Next question!

Bey: Reverend, what is God’s position on polygamy?

Owens: Are you, are you going to stand there and just demand that I answer your question? This is not about polygamy. This is about same-sex marriage… and I will NOT do any different.

Bey: Reverend, you said that you would answer questions about Biblical marriage.

Owens: [To security] Would you have this lady removed?
"

A bit later Owens was asked by he said Obama condones molesting children. Owens claimed he said no such thing. The reporter then read back to him his own quote verbatim. Oops.

Seriously - Churches are NOT in charge of the nation. We the people are. And we the people are of diverse beliefs. The path to choose is one where all faiths can live in society. Approve gay marriage - and if you don't like gay marriage then don't have one. It's that simple bigots!

BrianK 
Posted on 3-Aug-2012 12:44:21
#637 ]
Elite Member

BigD 
Posted on 3-Aug-2012 21:17:00
#638 ]
Elite Member

@AndyC

Quote:
We are not special, we were not molded from the clay, the heavens and the earth were not created in 6 days. To think otherwise is morally questionable given the weight of evidence.

What weight of evidence? I have a degree in Geology and the calculation to age date rocks involves multiplying by a constant to give the calculation the correct degree of magnitude. When I asked where this constant had come from the lecturers could not answer!

It is clear why cases of mental illness is sky rocketing (yeah and we're not talking about creationists here wise guy) when you and the other big-bang worshipers tell people they are no better than super-aged plankton. Depressing, insulting, nihilistic and with no proof just hypotheses; with deformed monkey/human skeletons supposedly linking up an imaginary dot to dot of human evolution . No proof, just another faith position with only lip service paid to the scientific method or quantitative science!

Last edited by BigD on 03-Aug-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 03-Aug-2012 at 11:39 PM.

AndyC 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 0:10:33
#639 ]

@BigD

You have a degree in Geology? So, tell me, when did you abandon reason for madness?

I'm shocked and horrified to learn that your lecturer was unable to answer this most simple of questions. In three (four?) years, did you not bother to find out for yourself, or do you expect your lecturers to spoon feed information to you?

Or is it that the answer contradicted your point of view and you chose to ignore it?

Either way, this should help:

Radiometric Dating

Coincidentally, it is about the weight of evidence from multiple scientific disciplines: plate tectonics, isostatic rebound, polar ice core analysis etc.

As it happens, I studied Geology and Geotechnical Engineering for a couple of years before switching to Architecture. My dad's a geologist and meteorologist who trained as a geography teacher. He's a Christian too, but doesn't put any stock whatsoever in any of this creationism rubbish.

Have a look at this too, while you're at it:

Creationist Rebuttals: Geology

Not that I expect you'll look at any of this stuff, lest it offends thee...

AndyC

BrianK 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 0:16:16
#640 ]
Elite Member

@AndyC

You Dad, assuming he's a rational skeptical scientist, shouldn't put any weight in Genesis. Genesis 1 and Gensis 2 are two different creation stories. The order of creation is different in them. It should be readily apparent that a 'historical' accuracy of creation is flawed.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle