Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
24 crawler(s) on-line.
 90 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  11 mins ago
 ggw:  24 mins ago
 Matt3k:  48 mins ago
 kolla:  56 mins ago
 danwood:  1 hr ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 22 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 44 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
realize 
Re: Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 22:03:53
#61 ]

@samo79

Quote:
real problem is just all that crapo talks for nothings, trolling or not trolling many "users" just talk and speculate for nothing but almost never use the system for real anymore but they like to add his melodrama to an already difficult situation

Samo you are right. There is nothing worse than these windows UAE users commenting on the situation. Whats even funnier and stranger is the morons who dont own an NG amiga, a classic amiga, just pc with uae and they are huge os4 fanboys and have barely ever run it! Dont know which is worse the arse lickers or the nay sayers.

Then there are the 'truthers' like myself and other devs who know the "real truth" about the history of amiga and amiga ng. Unfortuantely we are overrun by the above mentioned groups. Sadly, many people in the know dont even post at all (and we need them to) due to this situation

Profile     Report this post  
Franko 
Re: Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 22:13:28
#62 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:

Then there are the 'truthers' like myself

Last edited by Franko on 03-Jun-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 23:46:11
#63 ]

@ChrisH

At least I am not the one who became moderator of the website that he was using the forums to divert users on another one.

OlafS25 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 23:52:56
#64 ]
Elite Member

@all

What do you all think that ex-amigians think when they read phrases like this:
"And he is right. Any sane person should be away from amiga community as far as it possible. I can't say that 97% of this community can go and catch fire (because i by some luck found there adequate developers and users, which by itself suprise), but 50% of this community should die in pain, thats for sure."
"97% of the people in this coomunity can go and catch fire as far as I'm concerned"
"Dont know which is worse the arse lickers or the nay sayers"

We all should treat each other at least politely like propably most of us do in real life.

@realize
"There is nothing worse than these windows UAE users commenting on the situation"
I am mostly WinUAE user (for 68k) because it is the fastest and best 68k platform right now. The only classic hardware I have is a A600 to convert discs to ADF. Propably there are much more "windows UAE users" than all NG users combined. So you should not attack the majority of the community (at least it could be seen as such). And when you want to have more support for any of the platforms there should be more support for each other and not confrontations between the core-teams that only escalate the situation.

realize 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 0:25:10
#65 ]

@OlafS25

What i'm refering to is people who hate on Morphos or OS4 when they have never actually USED it. They just have WinUAE and troll.

I support winuae and think its very important to the amiga legacy. Do you understand what i'm saying now?

Franko 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 0:29:23
#66 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

Quote:

OlafS25 wrote:
@all

What do you all think that ex-amigians think when they read phrases like this:

An honest answer to your question...

I would reckon they must say to themselves...

Thank gawd I don't have bugger all to do with people who use Amigas anymore. Most of them seem to be a bunch of pretentious whining little gits who don't have a clue about how to simply enjoy what they have and haven't the brains to realise all they are forever whining about with wanting the Amiga to be this or that is already here and it's called the PC. Glad I don't have anything to do with such retards who seem to have taken over the Amiga scene these days.

Reckon it could be something like that they think, mainly because I have only spoken to three ex-amigans in the past two years and what I just typed is basically what they had to say about the sorry staite of some parts of the "Amiga community" today..

OlafS25 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 0:37:47
#67 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Then I did not understand that... thanks for your answer

But nevertheless we should not attack each other and insult by using phrases "under the belt"

realize 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 0:53:26
#68 ]

@OlafS25

No problem thanks for being nice. The moron in the post above yours is one of the ones I speak of.

samo79 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 1:42:46
#69 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:
Samo you are right. There is nothing worse than these windows UAE users commenting on the situation. Whats even funnier and stranger is the morons who dont own an NG amiga, a classic amiga, just pc with uae and they are huge os4 fanboys and have barely ever run it! Dont know which is worse the arse lickers or the nay sayers.

Are you kidding ?
It seems you don't understand what i said at all, I didn't mean emulator users, there are users fine and not fine and this was never related to the system in use

I meant all that crapo useless "just for talk" discussion, there are people who seem to live only for that instead of using normally their computer and they always continue to create trouble into this community turning over things to their liking and eventually just trolling badly in flavour of another Amiga like system of choice ..

This is an example ..

Quote:
a classic amiga, just pc with uae and they are huge os4 fanboys and have barely ever run it!

And here another one ..

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35862&forum=14

Just to talk about you only ... sorry can't resist ..

Last edited by samo79 on 03-Jun-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Last edited by samo79 on 03-Jun-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Last edited by samo79 on 03-Jun-2012 at 01:46 AM.

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

realize 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 2:07:01
#70 ]

@samo79

Well looks like you completely misunderstand me like I mis understood your post. I love the Amiga platform, therefore I try to be Honest and Realistic in regards to its progress and future. This is the only way to achieve progress. Not meaningless speculations, false hopes, and inaccurate claims.

Why do you think most "serious" amiga people (lots of core devs on all sides even aros) no longer are active in the community?

samo79 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 2:15:54
#71 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:
Well looks like you completely misunderstand me like I mis understood your post. I love the Amiga platform, therefore I try to be Honest and Realistic in regards to its progress and future. This is the only way to achieve progress. Not meaningless speculations, false hopes, and inaccurate claims.

So .. let me to understand, open a post number 10.000 with the same questions again and again, question like: "Where is the Laptop?" when you already know the final reply (that noone will reply to you because anyone know that things happen ONLY when they are done)

Is a typical "honest" and "realistic" question ?
Or is just the usual method to create problems and then tons of subsequent new issue ?

realize 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 2:25:25
#72 ]

@samo79

Yes maybe too honest a question? Is that the problem?

There was an "announcement" made months ago with no follow up, nothing. Just trying to see whats up with this project.

samo79 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 2:32:26
#73 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:
Yes maybe too honest a question? Is that the problem?

It may become a problem because you already know the answer, you might know also that they will release it at some point (as any other things they announced in the past) but you know already that no one will tell you any date on forum ... so all you can obtain opening such thread is create problems into community, usual flamewar and food for internal and external trolls ..

sundown 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 3:48:36
#74 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:
There was an "announcement" made months ago with no follow up, nothing. Just trying to see whats up with this project.

If there was any news, it would have been in ssolie's interview.

I agree with what samo79 is trying to tell you. The question isn't wrong, its the asking over & over again. It only opens the door for the trolls to come in with their negative comments. You said yourself, you don't like the negative attitude of the Amiga community, but your failure to accept no news is helping to doing exactly what we all hate.

Naging Hyperion won't get you or us an news until their ready. The good news is, they haven't announced its been canceled.

zerohero 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 8:41:08
#75 ]
Team Member

@realize

Quote:
No problem thanks for being nice. The moron in the post above yours is one of the ones I speak of.

Here's a perfect example of why you're always getting into trouble. You think you're speaking the truth, I think you're breaking our ToS.

Regards,
Joachim Birging

AmigaWorld.Net staff

g_kraszewski 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 8:51:13
#76 ]

@kas1e

but 50% of this community should die in pain, thats for sure.

And in which 50% would you place yourself?

Kicko 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 9:41:08
#77 ]
Elite Member

I love this community :)

K-L 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 9:45:03
#78 ]

@Threads

I have made some pancakes, someone wants some ?

Franko 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 9:45:23
#79 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:
@OlafS25

Well as I appear to be the "moron" in the post you mention, I just wanted to say thank you for such a nice compliment...

It's always nice to get such high praise from someone of a lower mental status than me...

zerohero 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 10:09:40
#80 ]
Team Member

@thread

Could participants in this thread please stay on topic. No more personal attacks of any kind will be allowed.

Regards,
Joachim Birging

AmigaWorld.Net staff

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle