Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 118 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  11 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  18 mins ago
 Matt3k:  1 hr 28 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 cip060:  2 hrs 18 mins ago
 sibbi:  2 hrs 27 mins ago
 blmara:  3 hrs 5 mins ago
 Karlos:  3 hrs 5 mins ago
 zipper:  4 hrs 6 mins ago
 pavlor:  4 hrs 37 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Do not buy from AmigaKit {RESOLVED]
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
ASiegel 
Re: Do not buy from AmigaKit
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 10:33:21
#161 ]

@Spirantho

Quote:

Spirantho wrote:

Given that he's writing on a forum to a forum moderator, and has just openly said that he's going to tell other people not to use the forum's owner as a business, I think it's quite reasonable to assume that he's going to be telling people on the forum. I have to say, I read that PM as nothing less than a threat - that may well have been because it's Itix's second language, but that's how I read it.

Well, I disagree.

Plus, I do not accept the basic premise that potentially announcing an intention to post critical remarks in a forum about any business is a cause for any censorship whatsoever. Even if the Terms of Use specifically forbid criticism of certain business entities, moderators should not act until after an infringement did occur. Based on his post on this forum, the moderator in question appears to have come to the same conclusion.

Last edited by ASiegel on 28-Oct-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
Spirantho 
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 10:47:46
#162 ]

@ASiegel

If you walked into a pub, went up to the landlord, and said "Right, I don't like you. So now, I'm going to go all around each of your customers, and tell them how much I don't like you, how I never buy anything from you, and how nobody should ever buy from you", how long do you think it would take before you were kicked out? Do you think the landlord would wait for you to start disrupting your customers before you get kicked out?

If someone came up to me and announced their intention to use my own resources against me, I'd make pretty sure they couldn't do that.

I'm not saying that's what Itix was actually wanting to say - but I am saying that that's how it could very easily be interpreted, and seems to have been interpreted that way.

Overflow 
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 10:51:52
#163 ]

@Spirantho

Nice comparison, but you should add that from what I understand itix got annoyed with the bouncer on the way into the pub

Anyhow, Im out of this thread.

OlafS25 
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 10:53:29
#164 ]
Elite Member

@Spirantho

Then communicate what amiga.org

As a marketing channel and company forum of Amigakit and A-eon or as a user site. When it is the first one then you are right, if it is the second one you are wrong. If I understood Amigakit right it was intended to be the second one but perhaps I am wrong there. To use a example someone is shareholder at a newspaper, one of the journalists wants to write something critical then everything is removed and the journalist thrown out. I call that censorship. I expect a claification what amiga.org (and this site) are aimed to, if they are not open anymore then all people who disagree have to (and will) move on (including me).

I am out too. I think everyone has exchanged what he thinks and it is obvious how amiga.org is moderated now. Everyone can draw his own conclusions from it.

Last edited by OlafS25 on 28-Oct-2014 at 10:54 AM.

tlosm 
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 11:00:21
#165 ]
Elite Member

@all
Trevor or Amigakit never be against other amigan reality (Classic, Aros, Morphos) i dont really understand what is wrong with they ...
Every one can made their own way of thinking with marketing or strategy , but right now Aeon, Acube and Amigakit like some others small eshoppers continue resist and made somethig touchable and real for amiga lovers...
Acube and Aeon do an hardware different with some others like amiga was ...
Amigakit sell all the needed by Classic users and Amigans for fix, upgrade or update their machine.

Last edited by tlosm on 28-Oct-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Last edited by tlosm on 28-Oct-2014 at 11:01 AM.

MacBook Pro Retina I7 2.3ghz;
#nomorea-eoninmyhome

OlafS25 
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 11:03:03
#166 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm

my last post...

I did not write about what Amigakit thinks or not, I wrote about how the moderators there obviously see it

tlosm 
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 11:05:24
#167 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

my last msg was for all sorry ... i put reply and @ come automatic :P

I dont know how Amiga.org is moderated just because dont go there like was in 2000 ....
My preferred website was All.lu and i miss it too much.
(trevor buy it too please!)

MacBook Pro Retina I7 2.3ghz;
#nomorea-eoninmyhome

ASiegel 
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 11:05:33
#168 ]

@Spirantho

Quote:

Spirantho wrote:
@ASiegel

If you walked into a pub, went up to the landlord

A pub is a place of business. Amiga.org, on the other hand, is a public community space. So far, the new owners have not announced that this changed in any way.

itix 
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 12:07:36
#169 ]
Elite Member

@Spirantho

Quote:

From the Mod's point of view:
AmigaKit buys Amiga.org and Amigaworld.net
Itix threatens the admin (i.e. AmigaKit) telling them openly that he's going to use their own forum to try and take them down by encouraging people to boycott AmigaKit, because of some personal grudge.
Itix gets banned, because of an open threat to try and destroy AmigaKit using their own forums as a weapon.

If saying that I dont recommend AmigaKit anyone can be read as destroying AmigaKit, so be it. I dont need amiga.org for that.

If this was the best AmigaKit's moderator could do. Well...

Last edited by itix on 28-Oct-2014 at 12:09 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 13:06:25
#170 ]
Elite Member

@itix

just to keep people posted on what franko found out about some kjmann on atariage forum. i leave further conclusions to the members here as to why someone like that appears out of nowhere and immediately receives a moderator status on an amiga site.
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/191819-atari-rage-bad-experience/

Overflow 
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 13:18:43
#171 ]

@wawa

Certainly puts things into perspective. Thanks for the link.

wawa 
Posted on 28-Oct-2014 21:21:28
#172 ]
Elite Member

@Overflow

just for the record, i have posted that link to aorg as well, which has been immediately deleted by kjmann along with a reprimend from eliyahu which thereby seems now a little but out of context:
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?p=775992#post775992

Amigo1 
Posted on 29-Oct-2014 5:44:57
#173 ]

@all

This is all so laughable! Can't people find some other way to deal with their "frustration about life" than "post" here?!

The ban was removed, the moderator got the slaps he might or might not have deserved, AmgaKIt said he will look into this after he comes home, itix wrote he is friends with AmigaKit again, what is there to make all this fuss about?! Why do people have the need to put so much effort in destroying?!

At least I'm less concerned for Amiga's future now, the age of many posters here seem to be back to 12years old again...

kickstart 
Posted on 29-Oct-2014 20:54:38
#174 ]

I was banned of amiga.org some weeks ago, reason? insults, but i dont swear anybody, thats is the moderation on this site, with the purchase of amigaworld thats kind of "moderation" and aeon propaganda kill another amiga forum, i hope not but its sad.

I recommend not buying at amigakit (or aeonkit) and support other amiga stores.

Kicko 
Posted on 29-Oct-2014 21:53:33
#175 ]
Elite Member

Maybe get some more stuff from amigakit for xmas

amigadave 
Posted on 30-Oct-2014 10:00:36
#176 ]

@wawa & kickstart,

Quote:

wawa wrote:
@Overflow

just for the record, i have posted that link to aorg as well, which has been immediately deleted by kjmann along with a reprimend from eliyahu which thereby seems now a little but out of context:
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?p=775992#post775992

There are well established rules on both sites which prohibit public criticism of moderators and their actions, and provide proper channels for contacting the moderator directly, or contacting a different moderator, or the site owner via PM or email, if you need to discuss your disagreement with anything that any of the moderators have done or written. These policies have been in place for many years and have been actively enforced for as long as I can remember. If you don't follow the prescribed methods to express your complaints, then your posts will be edited, or deleted, and you may have further moderator actions taken against you for violating site rules repeatedly. It is as simple as that.

Posting a link to a thread on another site containing personal attacks against anyone, is really no different than posting the personal attacks here yourself. I understand your concerns and have looked into the source of your shared information. Please use the proper procedures to express your complaints and concerns about any moderator, or their actions.

Complaining about moderation actions on the public forums, instead of using the proper methods to contact the moderator directly, or contacting another moderator, or site owner via PM, or email, only creates a new violation of the TOS and Posting Guidelines. A lack of "Swear Words" does not always guarantee that a post is not insulting, or a personal attack. Some people are experts at passive/aggressive tactics.

Last edited by amigadave on 30-Oct-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Last edited by amigadave on 30-Oct-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Rose 
Posted on 30-Oct-2014 10:43:52
#177 ]
Cult Member

@amigadave

Actually that kind of information SHOULD be as public as possible to warn users not to make any business with him. Your policy of sweeping it under the rug really doesn't show Amigakit in good light as a vendor.

amigadave 
Posted on 30-Oct-2014 11:33:04
#178 ]

@Rose

First, it is not my policy, or AmigaKit's policy, but a site rule that has been in effect here and at Amiga.org as long as I can remember. It is not meant to sweep anything under any rug, but to keep arguments regarding how moderation is done between the member who is concerned about it and the rest of the staff, and not a free-for-all discussion that is off topic and destroys any thread that it is started in.

Anyone who questions the reasons why a moderator is chosen by the site administrators should take that up via email or PM with the site administrators. If you want to start a new thread warning anyone about doing business with any particular company or person, you are free to do that as long as you keep the thread clean of any TOS violations, which can be difficult, as most people make those kind of threads into personal attacks, not objective observations.

For example, I think it is ridiculous that this thread calling for members to not do business with AmigaKit was started on the basis that one of our members did not like the way one of the A.org moderators acted. AmigaKit can't control everything that all of the moderators do every minute of the day, and all moderators are human and make mistakes from time to time. That, IMHO, is no good reason to suggest to anyone that they should not do business with AmigaKit, who have been great with customer support and service for years and have a very high approval rating from almost all of their customers.

There is a perfectly working method for reporting moderator actions that you disagree with via PM or email directly to the moderator in question, or to any other moderator, or the site owner(s) themselves. We take any complaints very seriously and act to correct any misconduct promptly. I've made a few mistakes myself over the past couple of years, but it is a learning experience, and I believe that I am a better moderator because of the mistakes I have made in the past.

Itix appears to be satisfied with the response that he received from AmigaKit, but some members feel compelled to continue their attacks on moderation, or a specific moderator, when the issue has already been handled. It looks like a few members may have an agenda other than trying to solve the immediate problem, which is a shame, as it does no good for anyone to continue these attacks and accusations and Trevor and Matthew are really two of the nicest Amiga fans you are likely to meet. They give far more to our community than they will ever receive back, but that is the nature of being connected to such a small niche community, and they don't seem to mind losing a little money, or in Matthew's case, making just enough to keep it running, because it is something that he loves doing, not because he will ever make a fortune from his AmigaKit business. Face it, no one is getting rich from the Amiga community any longer. I just hope that this community does not drive them away with unfounded criticism.

amigakit 
Posted on 30-Oct-2014 11:48:23
#179 ]
Amiga Kit

Pmail sent to Itix yesterday, awaiting response.

itix 
Posted on 30-Oct-2014 12:19:06
#180 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

Quote:

There is a perfectly working method for reporting moderator actions that you disagree with via PM or email directly to the moderator in question, or to any other moderator, or the site owner(s) themselves.

I was banned because I reported moderator actions.

Quote:

Itix. You are not to make anymore reports of moderators just because they are doing their jobs.

Deleting and editing posts that have Broke the TOS or have derogatory material in them is our job. If you don't like it I would suggest you go to another forum, where things are done in a manner that suits you.

one more report of a moderators Edit/deletion of a derogatory post or one that has violated the TOS and you will be banned for 10 days. then other violation by you after that will be met with longer bans until it becomes permanent.

This is an official warning.

-Kjmann

Me:

Quote:

Thank you for your message. I am never going to buy anything from AmigaKit web store anymore and recommend other Amiga users to avoid their web store as well.

Many thanks for your co-operating.

And KJMann:

Quote:

Thank you for this message. you are permanently Banned for threatening to use the forums for your personal Vengeful goals.

As far as Amiga.org is concerned I let moderators fight against each other.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle